How to login TruckersMP with DX11?

Question

What the title says.

I noticed there's no way to launch the game in DX11 mode via the launcher, even though TruckersMP now supports DX11. Is there a way we can enable it?

I have tried following:

If you go to your ETS2 folder in documents and open the config.cfg file.

You can change to DirectX 11, by changing the line: uset r_device "dx9", to uset r_device "dx11"

That does not work!

I see no Login box see photo Screenshot

What can I do? DX9 works fine.

11 answers to this question

The Steps you do is ok but before Change to DX11 you have to Login to MP go Ingame make Quicksave then go to your ETS2 folder in documents and open the config.cfg file change to DirectX 11, by changing the line: uset r_device "dx9", to uset r_device "dx11" and save. Go back Ingame and Load Quicksave that should work fine. For me it Works with sometimes Bug and Crashes.

Hello @peter8600dk

I know it's been a long time, everything indicates that there are still some problems on dx11 in Multiplayer.

We must wait patiently for the developers to solve these problems.
Currently, in case of any problems, it is better to go on dx9.

Look more info about DX11:

1. See Development Announcements (19.06.2019):

"Hello!

New version 0.2.2.6.1 has been released.

Changelog:

Support for Euro Truck Simulator 2 ver. 1.35.1.1s [ 7eae8d981a23 ]

Support for American Truck Simulator ver. 1.35.1.3s [ 2d7f5b35f37d ]

Support for DirectX 11 renderer (experimental)..."

source: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/85632-02261-released/

2. Look this(23.06.2019): 

"Our developers are already aware of such issues which are caused by DirectX11 and they will fix that as soon as it is possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding"

source: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/85790-triple-screen-and-dx11/#comment-847199

Have a nice day? & Happy Trucking?

MarkON (player-Veteran Driver)

Start the game from your games library in steam, a window will pop up asking which api you want to start the game with ex: dx9, dx11, opengl. choose dx11.  let the game start in single player. once the game is running exit out and launch from TruckersMp. it should launch with the last settings from steam. This has always worked for me when switching between dx9 and dx11 in both ATS and ETS2 for TMP.

1 hour ago, /:\T3CH-N1CK/:\ said:

The Steps you do is ok but before Change to DX11 you have to Login to MP go Ingame make Quicksave then go to your ETS2 folder in documents and open the config.cfg file change to DirectX 11, by changing the line: uset r_device "dx9", to uset r_device "dx11" and save. Go back Ingame and Load Quicksave that should work fine. For me it Works with sometimes Bug and Crashes.

I cstill can not login to Multiplayer as there is no Login box only a darkned box (seephot) I have tried several ways :)

Hello,

Please could you press the start button, search run and click enter or click run in the search pane and then type in the run box 

dxdiag

Press Enter then take a picture of the window that appears and post it here!

Kind Regards,

Sentinel

TruckersMP Support

Dx11 performance/stability really depends on your exact setup/pc/hardware and Dx11's mood XD

Some days, I have ZERO problems, some days I have nothing but problems.

And then some days I'll get a few crashes in the first couple hours, after that, no problems.

Most of the time (For me) it runs perfect (maybe a frame drop here and there, but nothing serious)

A friend of mine had to change back to Dx9, because of problems. He's recently re-installed his pc, I haven't talked with him since then because of work, and now sickness (If I'm not sick anymore, in the coming weekend, I'll get to talk and drive with him again) We'll see. If I remember, I'll either edit or post a reply again in here :) 

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello, TruckersMP is superficially compatible with DirectX 11, but there are still some resolution-related bugs, in which case if there was this bug we recommend going back to DX9 to avoid future issues while the development team looks into the situation. ^_^

Is there any other questions you would like to share with us?

• Like 1

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

Hello,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Due to the inactivity, i will move this topic to Inactive Topics. 

If you still wish to ask any questions, feel free to give me a private message or any other Support Member and we will open this topic again.

Kind Regards,

Savage

TruckersMP Support 

//Locked and moved to Inactive Topics