Ghost Mode

bushmaster12

Question

Hi. I am brand new to truckersmp - just installed it today. I just started a game (ats, the only one I have) and when I clicked drive, I was put in something called ghost mode. I got a demand to turn on my headlights, which I did, and verified by going to exterior view #2. around 5 min later and I am still in ghost view. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

Hello bushmaster12,

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP! ?

What you are describing is a perfectly normal feature of TruckersMP – ghost mode. Essentially, when you first join a multiplayer session and pass the queue (if there is one), you will automatically be placed into said mode whilst the game renders in other players, etc.

Whilst in ghost mode, you will be visible to all other players, however, they will be able to drive through you and thus you will not receive any damage. The purpose of this is to allow you, and other players, time to make note of your presence and thus reduce the risk of crashes and damage if you were to spawn in the middle of the road for example.

Ghost mode will remain in affect for around ten seconds, and will automatically happen regardless if there are any players in your immediate vicinity or not. It’s perfectly normal ?

Ghost mode, therefore, should not last for five minutes; perhaps you're getting it mixed up with being in a NCZ (no collisions zone) which will activate if you are located inside of a company, garage, etc. in order to achieve a similar result. You'll know if ghost mode has ceased when the text 'ghost mode' stops fading in the top centre of your screen. 

Also, being required to turn on your lights is another perfectly normal feature employed by TruckersMP – users will be kicked if they are not activated between the hours of 19:00 – 07:00 (see reference image). 

Reference Image: 

e7391f0b0beaf1fb49df41588c36e2d8.png
  Screenshot taken from the official TruckersMP Ruleset - https://truckersmp.com/rules

Hope this helps,
Jamie R.

Greetings to you,

I would like to firstly welcome you to the TruckersMP Community and want to thank you for create a TruckersMP Forum Account! I always love to see drivers join the community on the forums and I hope that you will stay active even after this topic is locked and moved to a new section. There is so much for you to check out on the forums with thousands of topics already made! We also have forum games that you can find here on the forums as well as a section to stay updated with events taking place in the community such as convoys, truck fests and events ran by TruckersMP such as Real Operations events.

As you are a new user, I do invite you to familiarize yourself with our forum, Social Media and game rules here: https://truckersmp.com/rules/

Regarding your question, I beleive that the reply given by Jamie R, above, should have covered everything that you asked. While I want to make sure that you are satisfied with the reply given above, I do need you to reply to this topic or let me know using the TruckersMP Forum Private Message feature if this topic can be closed. Of course, if you still have any other questions or concerns, please let us know so me or another community member can reply to your question or help you solve any problems you might be facing.

Once again, welcome to the community. I am awaiting your reply to hear the new status of your problem!

Have a great day!

First, thanks for the welcome! I believe it still said ghost mode, and it looked like ghost mode. Let me try it again.

EDIT: I clicked the button to drive at 10:14pm. At 10:27, I took this screenshot. Still wasn't in. I exitted the game. Crap, it won't let me attach the screenshot.

Edited by bushmaster12
More info

Hello there,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply,because of inactivity,i will move your topic to Inactive Topics.

if you still need assistance,you have one week to DM me or other support team members,we will open  this again.

Thanks for all participation!

Thank you  for your understanding!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive