1. 1. Which game do you prefer and why?

• American Truck Simulator
    • Euro Truck Simulator 2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Manager

Owh hard choice Callum.

I really really love the scenery of ATS especially the Oregon and Washington DLC as you said.

But I think I would prefer ETS above ATS because I like the European style trucks more and well I can relate more to the game as I know more of the cities than the ATS counterparts.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

More players on ETS, and I'm used to EU roads.

But I definitely like the American trucks :)

Yes, ATS is a great game. But, theres just not a alot of players ? 

ATS map also feels waay smaller than the ETS map (Base maps compared) Yes, some of the areas are free (If I remember correctly), but having to buy that many DLC's. No thanks. But ofcourse, its a long time since I've played ATS, so who knows, maybe stuff has happend to ATS (I Can't remember when I last played on ATS)

For now: Staying with ETS :) Might take the wheel for a spin in ATS, some time soon though ;) 

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Has to be ETS. Been playing it for years and years. Love the DLCs.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

Euro Trucks Simulator 2 is the best simulation game in my opinion. You can find what you want to see.

I haven't tried American Trucks Simulator yet. I hope, SCS Software will release many updates for American Trucks Simulator future and i will buy it :)

I will vote for ATS, because it needs more love and  it's obvious, ETS2 is going to win anyway.

For me , both games are equally fun, and you can find great roads in each, with every new map expansion setting the quality to another level, that makes the base map, and even older map expansions look dated (but fortunately these are also being retouched with each update). My only complaint against ATS is the small selection of trucks, but ETS2 has a lot to appeal in this matter too, because new truck additions are slow and updates to older vehicles rare, if not non-existent.

This is a trick question. I find myself playing both games somewhat equally, so I don't find one game more enjoyable than the other. 

With that being said - if I'm just trucking solo and blasting some tunes I find myself playing ATS over ETS2. I like ATS more because it's just more natural to me (as I'm American), the heavy hauls are more of a challenge, and when DLC does come out - the amount of detail that is seen is just amazing. Now that doesn't mean I've forgotten about ETS2. There have been some nights where I prefer to drive ETS2 over ATS but it's rare. I usually play ETS2 for when doing weekly convoys, larger events, and or VTC related convoys. 

I really don't think 1 game is "better" over than the other as the endgame is still the same - simulate what it's like to be a truck driver. 

ATS, fairly easy choice for me to make. As soon as ATS came out, I got it and have racked up over 1k hours on there. I love the content more and don’t mind the lack of trucks. Yeah, it would be nice to have more selection like ETS2, but I find myself always enjoying ATS more. Both are really well-made simulators at the end of the day.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

I prefer ETS2 over ATS, because imo ETS2 has far more content then ATS.

For me, American Truck Sim seems, empty I'd say.

Like, in ETS2 you have a lot more trucks, roads, cities, loads etc.

I'm glad SCS is trying to add something more maps etc. but everything as a DLC? Like, I feel the base map of ATS is quite boring and "small", compared to ETS2.

In ETS2 you can have fun in the base map, and then decided to maybe buy a DLC to explore more.

In ATS on the other hand... Well, It's either buy DLC to see something or enjoy uh? Sand. Lots and lots of sand.

banner

I prefer the ATS because it is a lighter game!

Plus the ETS2 is everything! It has more map expansion, truckand is more bustling!

Languages:  English  2000px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png  | Portuguese  2000px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png  | Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg

Rules  ||  Report a Player  ||  Appeal your Ban  ||  Create a Support Ticket  ||  Let us know your Feedback

Member since 02th June 2016

Archived