Why are you playing?

[ATL]Andrey rus

So, brief summary: around late 2012 I started playing in a SA:MP (San Andreas Multiplayer) trucking server called TruckMania with a friend of mine from school. I stayed there for some time, with several periods of inactivity, one or two bans (due to me being kind of a rogue and cheating teenager back then) and such. Came back in 2014, made some friends who at some point started playing ETS2 and, out of group pressure, I decided to try it. Things developed quickly, we soon realised there was a multiplayer (late 2015) and started playing together.

While most of them don't play the game anymore, I decided to stay as I still enjoy it.

Asides, I'm moving your topic to General Discussion since you're mentioning both games.

//Moved to General Discussion.

P.S.: TruckMania closed two years ago :(

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

19 minutes ago, PacanasLT said:

Well, as a hobby I'm currently working on a SA:MP server, and after a long day of going out with friends or just coding, it is really nice, to sit back in the evening, with lights turned off, my new G920 with shifter connected, drive and relax.

May I ask which server is it? I don't play SA:MP as much as I did back in the day but I still touch it from time to time. I'd love to try it out!

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

I like to chill and relax on ATS/ETS, primarily because there's not much to do apart from driving from point A to point B, it's a game that will never make you frustrated or upset in any way. A place where you take a break from the problems infesting your thoughts.

TMP is mostly what keeps me playing, because I love the community and how tight-knit it is.

Third generation truck driver here!

It's exciting to move the freight that I've always dreamed of but don't pursue in real life.  I LOVE the heavy haul stuff and would like to get into it eventually. I honestly just love trucking in general.  The actual trucking INDUSTRY, not so much at the moment.  That's an entirely different subject and definitely not appropriate for this thread though!

spacer.png

Exactly the same as @aalb75. Saw the game on sale as an SCS pack, including several games and DLC at a very good price, so I bought it. Always liked driving games, but had never tried anything other than racing style ones (NFS, Dirt, TDU+TDU2, etc.). This was something new, relaxing, the challenge was not to be first but to drive long distances with the least damage and trying to keep it as real as possible. Then I found out about ETS2MP (don't ask, I can't remember how), joined and up to today.

• Community Manager

I just found the game many many years ago. I also played 18 wheels of steel etc so that was already back in like 2002 or something like that. I like simulation games.

I've played ETS2 since the beginning, in the earlier years I would quit playing from time to time but the last couple of years it's my favorite game. It's very relaxing and the scenery is just suburb.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

I love playing simulation games which are about driving cars, trucks and busses. I discovered ETS2 while searching realistic simulation games on YouTube. I bought it on Steam and after some time I started playing multiplayer with my friends. Driving truck while chatting with my friends is very enjoyable. 

I started playing ETS2 because only here i enjoy driving. In real life, it's my work to drive but i don't have a single bit of fun doing it because the real life is too complicated and i'd prefer to get money by playing ETS instead of driving real cars... dreams...

Also i'd love to repair trucks in ETS like changing tires and other parts while in real life you'd fail to make me do that.

Archived