What if we had a server without rules?

User_2313696

What if there is a server without rules, where the very people our staff punishes, roam freely and do as they please, away from rule-abiding players? At first, it sounds absurd, let me explain.

A new feature would be introduced, which would be a server-wide ban, this way the staff manages to house the wrongdoers from Simulation and Arcade servers into a single server. With the server being ruleless, the number of reports and complaints coming from players due to cheaters, reckless drivers and the likes, would drastically decrease. The real effect would be banned players deciding to stay within the borders of the "prison-like" server rather than ban evade, primarily considering it would be populated enough, which wins the interest of any rule-breaker provided there are collision and no speed limit, this way they could do as much damage as they can to each other and have their fun. While this idea does not entirely stop wrongdoers from ban-evading, the likelihood of a wrongdoer to ban evade is virtually improbable. This would be the only option for a banned player to play TMP, whether they like it or not, it's better than being banned from TMP entirely. 

However, this would be achieved at the expense of unrest among the community which may plunge itself into an uneasy state than it already is at this point. Note that this isn't a suggestion by any means, it's a subject that's up for discussion. I'm solely posting this to see what the community thinks of this absurd idea. Whether or not this can be implemented, does not matter, since the nature of the concept is theoretical.

It could even be done by changing one of the arcade servers. What I don't know is if there would be a way to remove all chances of reporting in that server. In-game report would be easy enough, just GMs would not claim any reports so they would time out. But how to stop players in that server from sending web reports? Because a server like that would be a magnet for all GTA style fans in the playerbase, not only the banned ones, it's what lots of people are asking for: no speed limits and collisions. The problem I see is that many of the server users wouldn't accept the "No rules". But as a test... Like @dragonslayingmaster1000 said, make it like the 5th anniversary, only keeping it permanent to see how things evolve.

Nice idea!

I can support this idea and I totally see where @xenophobia is coming from. I still think that hackers and bug abusers should be banned from the whole TMP network, however, this idea would let people that have been banned for other, in-game reasons like traffic accidents to have a vent server where they can get a taste of their own medicine. It also allows people who still think they have a wrongful ban to be able to drive with their friends- sort of like how some prisoners get to talk with their loved ones from time to time. This also allows the players who want to solely play for the fun get to play solely for the fun with their friends without ruining others experience (because they'd just be in simulation). Now, these last sentences are completely subjective and I don't want to "command" anyone from anything however I think its important to allow all types of players to be able to play with each other in a way that suits their playstyles. We would have simulation for simulator players, arcade for players that don't want collision, and then an anarchy server for people in the middle of simulation and ncz. I totally get that TMP wants to be more simulation-based, however there are many different people with many different playstyles and the staff does not owe anything to anyone but it would be good if we had a diverse community of many different styles but with one simple goal... of driving trucks together.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It could even be done by changing one of the arcade servers. What I don't know is if there would be a way to remove all chances of reporting in that server. In-game report would be easy enough, just GMs would not claim any reports so they would time out. But how to stop players in that server from sending web reports? Because a server like that would be a magnet for all GTA style fans in the playerbase, not only the banned ones, it's what lots of people are asking for: no speed limits and collisions. The problem I see is that many of the server users wouldn't accept the "No rules". But as a test... Like @dragonslayingmaster1000 said, make it like the 5th anniversary, only keeping it permanent to see how things evolve.

Nice idea!

Maybe have it removed from the server list in the report format? But even so, I'm sure a dozen trolls wouldn't mind selecting the wrong server just to accomplish what they want. I think taking away one of the Arcade servers could be a bad idea because there's a minority that enjoys a no-collision & no speed limit type of playstyle. Perhaps a new server could get the job done? 

This won't definitely stop all the reports coming from the "prison-like" server, however, it would enormously decrease the number of reports filed. I'm usually concentrated on that, because the fewer reports, the faster it is to deal with trolls and the likes, thus, we'd have a better environment with a great ratio of rule-breakers banned per week.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I hadn't seen that one of the arcade servers has been removed! Just now, I wanted to check the stats and saw that there's just Arcade 2. So I take back what I said. But that leaves the former Arcade 1 machine as a chance to make this "No rules" server happen.

Oh well, this hadn't come to my attention until now! It wouldn't be a bad idea if it's used for this purpose, wouldn't it? 

I am not sure whether I have fully understood your idea, however I am seeing it as you want a new server with no rules whatsoever where everyone can play, even if they are banned!
I do apologise if I have misread your post, however if I am correct with the above, I am definitely against it! :excl:

People get banned for a reason, they do wrong so they receive punishment, if we had this sort of server, what is the point of having Game Moderators? What is the point in banning people for wrong doing?
If someone has broke a rule, they have got the punishment they deserved, they need to learn a lesson, not just think... 'Oh, there is still a server I can play on anyway to the ban is utter useless'.

Like I said, sorry if I have mistaken your topic. :) 

1 hour ago, Callum Johnson said:

I am not sure whether I have fully understood your idea, however I am seeing it as you want a new server with no rules whatsoever where everyone can play, even if they are banned!
I do apologise if I have misread your post, however if I am correct with the above, I am definitely against it! :excl:

People get banned for a reason, they do wrong so they receive punishment, if we had this sort of server, what is the point of having Game Moderators? What is the point in banning people for wrong doing?
If someone has broke a rule, they have got the punishment they deserved, they need to learn a lesson, not just think... 'Oh, there is still a server I can play on anyway to the ban is utter useless'.

Like I said, sorry if I have mistaken your topic. :) 

The idea is to allow banned players in a ruleless server. Players who aren't banned shouldn't be allowed to connect, however, this is debatable.

How about removing the "banned players" thing and make the server anyway? I mean, I find that if banned players had this option, they'd be less likely to create new accounts, evade their bans and keep ruining the "legit" servers. That's why I see it as a good thing. But if the problem is allowing banned players to have a server where they can play (which they have now, any server if they want, ban evading is easy enough), then make a no rules server for those who are not banned but want speed, collisions and don't mind being crashed into. All those who are now asking to remove speed limits from a simulation server or to enable collision in an arcade server. They say that they want to drive fast, they want to have collisions and they don't care if others collide with them because that's the fun, the challenge, etc. So give them a server! But with no rules. No reports, no punishments, no extra work for the game moderation team. They'd be happy, we'd be happy (less "idiots on the road" in the simulation server), the game moderators would be happy (less reports overall)... I don't see any downsides to the idea. 

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

How about removing the "banned players" thing and make the server anyway? I mean, I find that if banned players had this option, they'd be less likely to create new accounts, evade their bans and keep ruining the "legit" servers. That's why I see it as a good thing. But if the problem is allowing banned players to have a server where they can play (which they have now, any server if they want, ban evading is easy enough), then make a no rules server for those who are not banned but want speed, collisions and don't mind being crashed into. All those who are now asking to remove speed limits from a simulation server or to enable collision in an arcade server. They say that they want to drive fast, they want to have collisions and they don't care if others collide with them because that's the fun, the challenge, etc. So give them a server! But with no rules. No reports, no punishments, no extra work for the game moderation team. They'd be happy, we'd be happy (less "idiots on the road" in the simulation server), the game moderators would be happy (less reports overall)... I don't see any downsides to the idea. 

It's the mindset that "we shouldn't let wrongdoers play on our platform" which stops this, which I wholeheartedly agree with and strictly follow, but we must make a compromise for a healthier environment. The reason why I haven't suggested this yet, is because I know for a fact, that it's going to be rejected within literal minutes, so I thought first why not discuss it and come to a conclusion, and then present it to the staff team which may or may not be accepted and implemented in the coming months.

We can't stop people from ban evading, disturbing the peace, and trolling with a friend, the cost of ridding them is a server without rules. It's like trying to stop a humongous wildfire, you can't, thus, you adapt to it and seek a possible solution at hand.

I dont think we should have a server for people who have been banned. Cause as other people say: what would be the idea of the punishment in the first place? If people know there is a server they can still play on even if they are banned then why would they care if they get banned? That would take away the punishment of the ban, and make the ban useless.  Then someone suggests that we make one of the arcade servers have collision and no rules. One of the reasons i think that we dont do that is because of the reporting. We could just not moderate the server and not do reports on it, but that dosent stop people from web reporting players anyway. And even if we can see in the video that its from an arcade server and we could decline it right away then, we would still have to look at it. And i bet you we would get a lot of reports that way, and we really dont want to have to spent a lot of time on useless reports like that. So i dont see that server coming anytime soon either.

@MrSirViking That's the only thing I see difficult to accomplish, preventing the players in the theoretical no-rules server from using the web report system. Maybe linking somehow the system to the server's log, so players who join the no-rules server are immediately banned from the web reports system for a period of time? I don't know if this could be done, it's just an idea...

On 8/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, MrSirViking said:

I dont think we should have a server for people who have been banned. Cause as other people say: what would be the idea of the punishment in the first place? If people know there is a server they can still play on even if they are banned then why would they care if they get banned? That would take away the punishment of the ban, and make the ban useless.  Then someone suggests that we make one of the arcade servers have collision and no rules. One of the reasons i think that we dont do that is because of the reporting. We could just not moderate the server and not do reports on it, but that dosent stop people from web reporting players anyway. And even if we can see in the video that its from an arcade server and we could decline it right away then, we would still have to look at it. And i bet you we would get a lot of reports that way, and we really dont want to have to spent a lot of time on useless reports like that. So i dont see that server coming anytime soon either.

We currently have a sort of strict ban system, yet many don't think twice before breaking the rules, and the reports are stacking too. Maybe the solution is not trying to stop them, but rather change them, if not isolate them. As mentioned above, stopping people from breaking the rules is near impossible, let alone ban evaders, that's why I have come to such conclusion that a server without rules, may suit them so that they'd leave everyone alone, and with that accomplished, we'd see a drastic drop in reports. Ban evading is fairly easy, ETS2 costs as little as €3 on a couple of marketplaces.

In order for us to secure the bonhomous and the amicable atmosphere of this community, we're going to have to stop the constant flow of ban evaders and rule breakers, and for that, this very idea exists to counter the constant flow. This will not stop people from breaking the rules nor will it stop them from ban evading, however, it will absolutely decrease the likelihood of a banned player ban evading. Why'd they want to play on Sim/Arc when they have a server at hand? Especially if they're unrestricted and do as they please, that's every banned player's wet dream.

No one has really presented an idea on how to counter the issue we have here, yet this scheme isn't accepted or deemed necessary. I'm assuming we'll be sitting ducks for the meantime.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, MrSirViking said:

Then someone suggests that we make one of the arcade servers have collision and no rules. One of the reasons i think that we dont do that is because of the reporting. We could just not moderate the server and not do reports on it, but that dosent stop people from web reporting players anyway. And even if we can see in the video that its from an arcade server and we could decline it right away then, we would still have to look at it. And i bet you we would get a lot of reports that way, and we really dont want to have to spent a lot of time on useless reports like that. So i dont see that server coming anytime soon either.

In my opinion, this could not be a problem if the "Report Rating System" (https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/9) gets improved with an "Extremely Negative reputation" option which must be only applied on Arcade server reports and it will lower to 0 the slots or points of available reports that "reporter" could do. 

Until when? It is your decision, but I think something  drastically such as 1 year if these Alerts are implemented also:

• A Clearly message with Red capital letters should appear inside the website report when you are writing it, warning about the consequences of reporting something happened on Arcade server.
  • Some kind of an automatic message when you log in on the arcade server...

sounds easy enough. basicly just have a regular server, but remove the rules and report features for it. to me that does not seem all that hard to do. 

sidenote: i noticed ets2 arcade 1 is no longer on the game server list. i wonder.....

10 hours ago, Vellaco [ESP] said:

In my opinion, this could not be a problem if the "Report Rating System" (https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/9) gets improved with an "Extremely Negative reputation" option which must be only applied on Arcade server reports and it will lower to 0 the slots or points of available reports that "reporter" could do. 

Until when? It is your decision, but I think something  drastically such as 1 year if these Alerts are implemented also:

• A Clearly message with Red capital letters should appear inside the website report when you are writing it, warning about the consequences of reporting something happened on Arcade server.
  • Some kind of an automatic message when you log in on the arcade server...

Yeah but EVEN with the hard rules and extremely negative reputations we would STILL get reports from that arcade server. People will ignore messages and big red letters and everything. Just so they can report a user. And and even if we remove that users right to make reports they still made that one report. And if 1000 users do that then thats 1000 extra reports someone has to look at and click extremely negative reputation on. And it is time spent from things and other reports that is valid and that needs to be done. So i dont know but i dont see this coming anytime soon :) But who knows. :)

@MrSirViking Think of it this way: Those players who would report others in a no-rules server are probably reporting others in Simulation 1 right now. You'd have maybe 1000 users sending reports. And being removed from the reporting system, that's 1000 less users sending reports for a period of time. While now, they are probably sending not one, but several reports each and every day... I do believe that the number of reports would be significantly lower with a server like this. Many players would go probably back to the "reporting enabled" servers, but they'd still be unable to send reports for a while. But all those others who stayed in the no-rules server would mean all those less people sending reports.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:19 PM, MrSirViking said:

Yeah but EVEN with the hard rules and extremely negative reputations we would STILL get reports from that arcade server. People will ignore messages and big red letters and everything. Just so they can report a user. And and even if we remove that users right to make reports they still made that one report. And if 1000 users do that then thats 1000 extra reports someone has to look at and click extremely negative reputation on. And it is time spent from things and other reports that is valid and that needs to be done. So i dont know but i dont see this coming anytime soon :) But who knows. :)

A simple solution: remove it from the list, it's likely many won't report at all when they realize the server isn't listed, however, some may or may not select any server available to them just to get their report filed, then at that point, there wouldn't be as many reports as we currently have.

IIRC, the idea of a ban is to temporary or permanently prohibit a perpetrator from participating in activities on any server.
This timeout is given to make the perpetrator aware of that he/ she has violated to rules. It also gives the perpetrator the chance to reflect on and eventually understand his/ her violation to eventually improve his/ her behavior.

I think I understand that the basic idea of this suggestion is to separate perpetrators from the rest of the community and to prevent them from ban-evading, but I do not agree on rewarding them with their own server.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:53 AM, xenophobia said:

What do you suggest at this point?

As a last resort, I could imagine stricter bans. 

However, my last rides on the simulation server were so enjoyable that it seems that the road to simulation met its goal. 

Imagine, I even dared to take a job to Calais and got there in once piece without any damage.  That's worth being marked in the calendar. 

Archived