Which truck is best suited for short-medium haul jobs?

Friduk

I'd suggest Scania or DAF because those are the ones with more customization options (specific DLC for them). Then, depending on what cargoes you want to haul, you'd need to decide chassis, engine, etc. Lots of people get 8x4 chassis, 750 HP engine Volvos and then haul 3-5 tons trailers, which is ridiculous. My truck is a Scania Streamline with the 4x2 chassis and the 490 HP Euro 6 engine and can move any trailer up to 25 tons. For heavier cargoes, I use the new Scania R with 6x4 long chassis (1000 liters tank) and the 730 HP engine.

I'd recommend a truck with good gear-ratio, a Scania or MAN to be specific. 

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

I know this answer might not entirely satisfy you, but I think you have to make that decision on your own, as it's completely depending on personal preferences. Ask 5 people which truck is the best option for a specific job and you'll probably get 5 different answers. I used to swap trucks regularly in the past as I wanted to try them all, and I've came to a conclusion which trucks I like driving and which just don't really suit me at all. Now I am mostly using the same truck for all my journeys, no matter if it's a several thousand mile long one or just a quick job between two close by cities. Just take the truck you feel comfortable with driving, because in the end it's not the community behind the steering wheel, but yourself so you should be the one that's satisfied. And if you haven't tried any specific trucks yet and haven't made up your mind yet which one you'll take, just try something new. The worst thing that could happen is that you dislike a truck, so you just try another one afterwards... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

short to medium work is usually regional type work so you probably will be doing local work delivering to posped and such, as a result I would reccomend something around 440 to 460hp area and a 4x2 for manouvrability.  High roof cab isn't really needed for that kind of work so perhaps a mid roof Scania legacy, or Daf XF spacecab, Renault Premium low roof, Iveco Stralis, maybe a Volvo FH13 low roof. 

l recommend both Volvo and Scania because they are excellent trucks

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

• 2 weeks later...

i use my volvo globetrotter xl 8x4 for heavy haul a lot tihnk it has good torque and 750hp  it helps a lot with heavy haul in my opinion. i have tried the mercedes actros gigaspace when the tuning dlc came, it can haul heavy haul but, sometimes you can feel the lack of hp and  torque , when climbing mountain roads and ramps. 

Archived