Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

"REC" in your tag...

James

Yeah, I've had some trouble with the "REC" players before, actually today I had one who cut me off and said he's recording like he's trying to blame me for it pfft. and what @Callum Johnson said most of them aren't actually recording lol, they just do it for the troll.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

2 hours ago, Monkey_Glub said:

yeah, i was asked by a random player while playing to join them but as you think i gave him/her (i'm not being sexist) a peace of my mind saying that they are making a bad choice by being apart of 'REC'. lets just say he has apologised and is no longer apart of it. i'll take that as a WIN.

Nice one! well done

Not everyone using REC is a bad driver, but then again  not everyone using REC in their tag is recording. I had a situation before where a user was yelling ban id and i came driving past in that moment. the user had already driven away and logged out. So i said well you have REC in your tag so just go to the website and make a report. But then the user said he was not actually recording and just had the REC there to scare people. So then i told him that he shouldent put REC as a tag if he was not recording.  So people actually do that too. But i in general am not a big fan of the REC tag or the people who write REC BAN in the chat. But that might just be me. People are of cause free to write what ever they want as long as its within the rules :)

Well, some people might have a need to put REC in their nickname to just aware people of crashing into them. Apparently it is a simulator game and if there was an accident or a crash, then a recording should clear everything out. At least in most of the cases, but the recording is a pretty valid evidence. When it comes to have REC in people's nickname - maybe some of them just want to inform others that they've put their effort to have slightly lower FPS and that they will be able to have a recording of their POV in need of sending a report.

I record every session on TMP, but never use REC in my nametag :D

I want to pretend like a good target so I can get people reported, haha

However I can understand why you feel like people who put REC on their tag are causing more problems. Definitely noticed it myself, at least.

Perhaps their "W" or "K" key doesn't work and type "REC" instead of "WRECK" ?

In my experience half of the time it's just people who add it to their name to troll the people who actually record and report. One of the Chinese guys I talked to recently in game was basically saying they do it in hopes that if enough people start trolling with REC in their name, then nobody will take it seriously. It was described to me as a rebellion against the TMP anti-trolling rules and an effort to render people who are actually trying to record rule breakers useless... at least in regards to using the tag. 

Basically a deliberate and increasingly widespread attempt to ruin a good intention. 

That being said I've never used the tag myself, and I'm usually streaming and recording when I play ETS/ATS

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

I always have to smile a bit when I see those guys on the road. I don't know why they are doing that, maybe they think people will get scared and take extra care not to ram them or anything else. For me they are just normal players. Everyone can have his own nametag (as long as it is not against the rules) and I have no problem with that.

I have the feeling that those "REC"-people sometimes try to play "Sheriff's Assistance" and I just think they should use their time to enjoy the game and not looking for players that do anything forbidden. Thats in fact GM's work :)

If someone is personally impacted by others that don't follow the rules I think it's ok to report them...

I used the ''REC'' on my tags in the past,I agree with what @MrSirViking said ,not everyone  using REC is a bad driver,The reason why i used  was due to the fact that many users break rules which affected me a lot,so i want to defend myself from the possible accidents that might happen when i drive on the roads.I did use the tools to record them and report them with my recordings.For now,i don't use that tag anymore as if someone rammed me or similar things which break rules,i will just report them directly or if they  apologized, i wouldn't  report them.From my point of view,there is no need to add a tag like''REC'',driving safely and report players or not,it depends on you:).As long as  you follow the rules,feel free to write what you want.

Archived