How usefull is actually TruckersMP's report system ?

Aigaion

Hi everyone.

First of all, I discovered TruckersMP a few days back and I really enjoy it, but as each and every online game, there are people who try to ruin the fun. Since I am playing, I reported several people for blocking, ramming on purpose and even two people blocking my truck Inside a tunnel with a car (they rammed me, I stopped to report them and one stopped in front of me, the other behind). I came to the sad realization that each and every report I filled ended the same way : no actions were taken, even when the offense was plain intentionnal. Regaring the issue, the question is simple, is TruckersMP's report system really usefull or am I just losing my time ?

Second part of the post would be about the suggestion of "sending a request via the site with aditionnal evidence". I run Shadowplay during each of my gaming session so I could ultimately bring more evidence to the cases, but my internet is bad and uploading a video file would take several hours, so there again, am I bothering for Nothing or are there more chances to get actions against offenders ? 

Thanks !

Hello,

to answer your questions about the reporting system.

you'd have a better chance of a sanction being imposed on him if you report him on the website.

that said you can report it in the game but there are so many that after a while your report cancels out.

In 5 years, only 3 In-Game reports were even viewed, others just disapeared after a couple of minutes because of too many reports and not so many In-Game admins..

As you, I've a bad connection and I'm not gonna report on web site. Even with a good connection.. meh, seriusly, do I've to play for fun or to report players? If the second is the answer, let the trolls do what they want; I will drive into DLC maps and so everything is solved.

:lol:

Hello!

Here you can file a report: https://truckersmp.com/reports

You can report the player up to a month after the deed.

Moderators are not always available at any time.

And it makes me stop playing multiplayer.

You can't really do much at the moment, only if you film and report. 

All the best,

RazvanRO15

hUEKEmA.jpgspacer.pngspacer.png Discord Group  My Discord: Razvan#4428 Steam Group

76561198344422998.png

Actually, it's pretty useful! That's if you report the user properly and an Administrator is actually online and not letting the report time out, no offence! Take a look below. : ) 

Screenshot_86.png

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

Hello there,

As a former Game Moderator I can assure you that reporting people is a good thing to do. Though, as it is holiday season, I can understand there aren't many Game Moderators online on the servers, to check reports each and every time right now. Some might go on for reports, while others like to just play and relax alone or with some friends.

Once you report someone, the report will be in the system for about 10 minutes. You just have to be lucky that there is someone online to check the reports. I can understand how annoying some players may be, however the best solution for that is to report players on the website, instead of in-game. A video of 15-20 seconds is enough to report someone, and even with bad internet, uploading a video of 15 seconds is not going to take you hours.

I hope my comment was useful to you.

Regards,

Pillow

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Sorry to hear that you already made bad experiences. 

Im arent really familiar with the english names of the Nvidia functions, but I would recommend you to use instant replay instead of shadowplay. With instant replay you can set a specific amount of time (e.g. 30 seconds) and when a accident happens you can hit "save" and the last 45 seconds will be recorded. 

This way you have way shorter clips which shouldnt take that long to upload. 

Why

There are too many reports in which the admins can't keep up. I've made loads of reports in-game and most of them don't get seen but I do know the game mods try their best. 

A lot of people creates false reports for pathetic things so the reports get backed up.

The best thing to do is to record and report online as all of them gets seen and dealt with. :D 

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

Hello there,
Unfortunately the in-game reports do cancel out within 10-15 minutes, and with 100's and 100's of them been submitted each day, there simply isn't enough Game Moderators to claim and take action on them all, especially during this time of the year.
The easiest way to make sure your reports are definitely claimed is to submit website reports, which you can do here: https://truckersmp.com/reports.

Interesting to know, does this system have priorities?
For example, first of all, reports on the player with the greatest number of simultaneous complaints or in places of the greatest concentration of players should be considered.
I think that this system is not very effective because the reports are reviewing by administrators strictly in the order they are received, without to take in mind any priorities.
In any case, administrators never will be able to handle all online-reports in mind of their huge amount.

22 hours ago, STELUTA said:

If you have an admin at friend list , it is ! :D

It doesn't matter if you are friends with an admin or not.
Reports get claimed in the order of which they are received, that includes game reports and web reports.
If you have a friend that is an admin, you can beg them to claim your report, but they wont, they will do their job as they are told to do it.

11 hours ago, Callum Johnson said:

It doesn't matter if you are friends with an admin or not.
Reports get claimed in the order of which they are received, that includes game reports and web reports.
If you have a friend that is an admin, you can beg them to claim your report, but they wont, they will do their job as they are told to do it.

They should indeed, but it does help to have them as friends, the corrupted ones it is.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, User_2415298 said:

They should indeed, but it does help to have them as friends, the corrupted ones it is.

Those so to call 'corrupt admins' are then breaking internal rules, and would cause them to be punished if caught working on reports for friends first.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

BEST Solution - Let players 18+ with a driver's license B or better (presented either scanned or shot with a camera) to be active police officers on the servers. Permitions (things they can take from offenders):

I. Money:

1st stricke - your cargo's worth;

2nd strike - 10 teleports;

3rd strike - no money from teleports for 12 hours;

4th strike - all of your money + 24 hours of no teleport money (see 3);

5th strike - 6 hours ban from TrukersMP with the penalties of "4th strike".

II. Ban/Account suspention for:

a - 1 hour if the above did not help prevent trolling and accidents;

b - 1 day if has happened more than 3 times for the last 7 days (calender, not gameplay);

c - 1 week if a+b+I is happening a lot and is a continious patern for that player;

d - if there is no correction -> the case will be transfered to the moderators of the server.

*That means there will be a public data bese from all the offences.

The best part of this system will be that there will be much less incidents after a while. We all hate the SP_Police cars, then we should have people's Police, right?

Sorry if there are spelling errors.

3 hours ago, User_2415298 said:

your telling me there arent' or wut, because of your quotation marks, your telling me there arent corrupted ones?

" " = Irony or the opposite of what is inbetween them
' ' = quotation marks = He/she is Focusing on that

What do I mean about that? Well, you misunderstood :) 

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

1 hour ago, Black Gunion said:

I do think i understand very clear what's going on, in this toxic community.

still no answer like always.

There are thousands of people who play TruckersMP. Everyday there is someone new joining the community. Think about 1000 new game reports coming in everyday. That's a lot that the Game Mods have to handle. They do have things to do outside of TMP. 

Stay happy and safe

2 hours ago, Black Gunion said:

I do think i understand very clear what's going on, in this toxic community.

still no answer like always.

Reports submitted to the forum are probably delayed, because of the summer Holidays :) 
And Report managers also have their everyday life to take care of :) 

If you've signed reports on the webiste/forum, they WILL be reviewed, and dealt with. Just, let them sit there, and wait :) 
Well, ok, don't wait, just go ahead, play some ETS, and if your out of report slots, save the reports, in like a notepad++ file with the ID's and links, and if you've taken screenshots, edit their name into the player's TruckersMP ID :) 

I hope this answers your question :) 

I can't say anything about corrupt admins, since, I don't have any experience with them ;) 

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

They are humans like everyone and all of people got a real life as you know. When a game moderator doesn't check your game report, you can submit a web report. They are doing their best and they always check all of reports as soon as possible. I think, you just need to be more patient and TruckersMP reports system are very good and useful. 

Archived