New Speed Limits....

Shortpaw

So i see that now that this ridiculous speed limiter is in place (45mph city) 81mph overall, that the servers are now DEAD....tons of people played before this and now its a ghost town. So what people broke the "limits" it happens but some of us were still decent about it and drove safe around others and announced our intentions of passing. It was even a rule for our company to do that if you were running fast. now you cant even get a decent run at a mole hill. At least give us a MP server with no limits...and yes i know all of you "its a simulation" well guess what its also a game that was fun with this mod till a few ruined for all of us. Bring back higher speeds please or at least give us that like to actually run a server of our own.

I don't have the feeling that the servers are dead. In europe it is early in the morning on a friday. People have a reallife, go to school, go to work and so on. Therefore there are 1,400 players on sim 1 which I think is much.

Just made a tour from Italy to Norway and met many friendly drivers greeting me back. So for me personally there is no "ghost town" and no need for higher speed limits.

18 minutes ago, shaaka said:

before the server was full
for hours
now he barely reaches 3000 people
and since it is a period of vacation there must be more people than normal

the server is dead

Especially in a period of vacation people are more busy than usual (sure there are people who stay at home sitting on the computer but there are many people visiting family & friends, driving away and so on). In the evening / on weekends the servers are more visited in my opinion than in the early morning / on midday.

Furtermore I personally prefer playing with less people that are at least friendly and respectful than with many players refusing to follow the rules, using ETS2 as a kind of racing game and are in general trolls. Because I get the feeling that since the speed limit got lowered down, we have less of these trolling, racing people and I like this :wub:.

I think that the OP is referreing to ATS. Unfortunately, there are no Arcade servers for ATS so far, maybe it would be a good idea to send a feedback ticket or a suggestion HERE so the developers can consider changing one of the almost unused servers into an arcade one (no speed limits and no collisions) for ATSMP. Myself, I do WoT jobs all of the time, with stricter speed limits than the Simulation servers ones, so speed has never been a problem. About the number of players, like @Polyxena [GER] said, being summer holidays doesn't mean that people stay at home playing videogames, many of them go away on vacation.

There was a Post already like this. Basically, the speed limits aren't exactly to blame for the server not being filled up. As stated by @Polyxena [GER] people do have a life outside of TMP.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:09 AM, ☣︎Shortpaw☣︎ said:

and yes i know all of you "its a simulation" well guess what its also a game that was fun with this mod till a few ruined for all of us

On July 2, @Wheezy stated in "Road to Simulation" that
"We have decided that we want to put a greater emphasis on the simulation side of things and really bring the game and mod back to the roots of creating a simulation or arcade environment for all of our players to choose from".

Who do you refer to as "a few" and who do you refer to as "all of us"?
And how in particular do you think "a few" managed to ruin the mod for "all of us"?

• 2 weeks later...

The recent changes are the first step in the right direction and I am looking forward to any further changes that will make this game to what it deserves.

The servers are far from dead. But now the real players can have fun. If you want to drive faster just play on the arcade servers. If you're not caring about speed limits you shouldn't care about collision either right?

I started playing TMP in 2015. I really enjoyed driving with others. In 2016 I joined a VTC. Now I had to drive without damage. It was almost impossible.... My reaction to this was to start recording, but submitting reports was not worth my time. So I changed to singeplayer and I was driving most of my time on ProMods map. I still do it and I am very happy. Now with these changes I came back to TMP again and I have to say I was surprised how the situation on the server improved.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, Shortpaw said:

So i see that now that this ridiculous speed limiter is in place (45mph city) 81mph overall, that the servers are now DEAD....

May I point out 

30 mph 50km/h is the posted limit in cities, 

80km/h 56mph  (90km/h / 56mph uk) is the posted EU limit.

Ats the posted limits vary between 35 in cities, 55,65,75 on interstates across the map, rules sat we must obey speed limits so what's the problem ?  

And if you set your limiter to on, or do world of trucks jobs you're pegged at 56 in Europe 

65 in America 

Well, speed limiter was bad idea

Most of the time i'm driving on C-D road because other parts of the map are usually empty.

I'm driving 90km/h and since 110km/h speed limiter has been enabled i have crash accidents twice as often as before. With 110km/h limiter speed difference between me and overtaking player is much smaller than it was before, often these players aren't able to finish overtaking so they crash into me / into incoming traffic / they cut me off so i'm forced to go offroad. In case they can't find long enough "break" between traffic in opposite direction they just spam their horns and flash their "long" lights to speed me up

Not so good experience

2 hours ago, Dfffc said:

Well, speed limiter was bad idea

Most of the time i'm driving on C-D road because other parts of the map are usually empty.

I'm driving 90km/h and since 110km/h speed limiter has been enabled i have crash accidents twice as often as before. With 110km/h limiter speed difference between me and overtaking player is much smaller than it was before, often these players aren't able to finish overtaking so they crash into me / into incoming traffic / they cut me off so i'm forced to go offroad. In case they can't find long enough "break" between traffic in opposite direction they just spam their horns and flash their "long" lights to speed me up

Not so good experience

If you follow the traffic rules, ie 60km / h on highways and 80km / h on highways, fewer accidents happen. A run into, because the overtaking maneuver can not be completed, is rated as reckless driving.

19 hours ago, Ardias3k said:

If you follow the traffic rules, ie 60km / h on highways and 80km / h on highways, fewer accidents happen. A run into, because the overtaking maneuver can not be completed, is rated as reckless driving.

"A run into, because the overtaking maneuver can not be completed, is rated as reckless driving." and what? It's bannble but still happens very often

"If you follow the traffic rules, ie 60km / h on highways and 80km / h on highways, fewer accidents happen."

xD

50kmh - in "built up areas ( cities etc )

80kmh - outside of cities 

That's how it is in Poland

Also have you even seen a truck that's doing 80 instead of 90 on real roads? xD

I don't get what you mean because what you said is basically that I should slow down from 90 to 80kmh so others could break the rules more easily 

200iq

• 2 weeks later...

Archived