In-Game Reporting System

Mr.Tea

When I understood you correctly this question is all about the in-game reporting system and maybe the behaviour of staff members ingame.

In my opinion until now I only had good experience with staff members that I met in-game. While until now I had not a single good experience with the report system in-game (because it feels like nobody cares about it. It is not like in the forum where you cann see whether a staff member had a look at it yet or not and as soon as it got checked you know WHO it was). This is something that could be improved I guess.

Furthermore I'd like to see more roleplay interactions from staff members in-game ^_^.

I think it's pretty good. Response times need to be bumped up but, other than that it's all good.Screenshot_86.png.6d10667d5da5a355645426a7a640bee3.png

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

Its not working. I've reported so many people, all of them have been either rejected, or timed out (Mostly timed out).

Last weekend I figured out how to report on the forum, its just a little time consuming when streaming. But I'll probably do that from now on. Because of the amount of Reckless drivers.

So, lets see what happens :)

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there, 
The in-game reporting system does work however isn't very effective due to the sheer amount of reports been submitted every single day, Game Moderators just aren't online enough to claim each and every one, they all have real lives as well.
I suggest using the Website reporting system, the take a little longer to process however you are guaranteed some action to be taken.

• Community Manager

I think the in-game report should be removed. Most of mine reports timeout and the other reports you do not hear anything about.

So they either are removed from the system because it's not claimed in time, or most of the times you do not hear anything again making my trust in this system very low. While the website report system actually does work, you just need video for it but that's no problem because all players should have a recording system in place anyway.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

The system simultaneously receives a huge number of reports.  There will never be enough administrators to have time to consider them.

The system could be better if ordinary players had access to it.

For example, the system issues a report for a player with a good reputation (not a game moderator).  He analyzes the situation and makes a decision.

The system also shows the situation and the propoused decision to other players with a good reputation (at least 3-5 people) and they vote in support or against this decision.

In the future, the player who submitted the report may appeal to the administration if the punishment was too lenient.  The “violator” may also appeal if it considers the report to be erroneous or the punishment is unfair.

Players who submit stupid reports will lose their reputation, up to a restrict on access to the in-game reporting system.

Perhaps this will make ingame reporting system very difficult, but it can be a really effective tool.

Also I add my message from a neighboring forum thread.

Interesting to know, does this system have priorities?
For example, first of all, reports on the player with the greatest number of simultaneous complaints or in places of the greatest concentration of players should be considered.
I think that this system is not very effective because the reports are reviewing by administrators strictly in the order they are received, without to take in mind any priorities.

The in-game reporting system works well if you have an active moderator online at the time. If you don't, then the in-game reporting system isn't as successful. From what I've seen from a moderator who has streamed it (such as Speedy_TMP), they have a lot of reports to deal with, and occasionally some of the reports in-game will time out. So it's not the fact that it is not successful, it's just the fact that some of them build up and eventually time out.

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

35 minutes ago, STELUTA said:

It doesn't work :(

I also thought this for a long time and it really annoyed me. I could report so many people in-game and I would never get an other response than that the report expired.

One time it was especially bad because there were two guys trolling and blocking 20+ people for 30 minutes and there was seemingly no admin around to help us.

It happen just recently that one of my in-game reports got reviewed. But I don't blame the admins, they are trying their best to review all reports.

Often you're just better of recording and submitting them on the website because there they surely will be seen.;)

The thing that some people seem to forget is that TruckersMP staff including Game Moderators have their own personal lives as well, they aren't in-game 24/7 and they can't be viewing reports 24/7. 
The In-Game reporting system isn't always helpful, web reports are much more efficient, ye they may take up to a couple of weeks to be claimed, but at least they do get claimed eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived