Double or Single Trailer?

Friduk

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the smaller double trailers (not the Finland trailers) best as they give a little more challenge but also don't make it impossible to drive

The Finland double trailers are only allowed in Finland for a reason as if you would like to try them elsewhere you get stuck very fast

I guess I also like the normal trailers but they seem a little easy to handle as you get used to the smaller double trailer

Although it's fun and more challenging driving with doubles, because I don't do save editing, I prefer singles that I can take everywhere.

Biggest let down for me is the way you get turned 180° after unloading, in the worst case, when you pick up the next job from the same place, the pick up point is exactly the same spot where you have just finished the previous delivery, but now you are facing in the wrong direction and must figure out how to turn around with limited space around you.

I know you can allow skilled parking for doubles in the config, but it makes many places just impossible, and if the second trailer has dolly, it's also impossible for me, since doubles are treated as one trailer, and can't be separated to individual trailers.

Well, that is a good question. :thinking:
For me, doubles are a bit hard to drive and control however I can take a heavier delivery at the same time (for example, to the WoTr counter) but it's too slow to drive with. Still worth, I think so.  :P

Single trailers are more pretty, have perfect weight (to my requirements) and easier to control but hmm, if I had to choose between single and double trailer, I couldn't pick one, I like both of them. ^^

I definitely prefer double trailers over single trailers! It's totally understandable that most people prefer single trailers as they are easy to control and reverse, but I find them quite boring myself as they don't offer challenge what larger combinations do offer. To think about real life as well, larger combinations are a lot more ecological as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived