Should the speed limiter be lowered on the Calais-Duisburg road?

BoostedDrifterz

Speeds on Calais-Duisburg Road  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limiter be lowered on the Calais-Duisburg road?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/19 at 03:59 PM

That road is where most idiots drive all of the time. Lowering the limits will only make them be idiots at lower speeds but they'll keep acting like idiots. With alternatives a lot faster and safer, I don't get why people keep using that road and complaining about being crashed. What limit should be enforced? 60 Km/h? It would be bad and against the real limits, because there's like 50% of that road with 80 Km/h limit. Should it be 80 Km/h? Then you'd have those idiots going at 80 Km/h all along the road, even the 60 Km/h limited stretch in Germany, and causing the same chaos, overtaking on the grass or with oncoming traffic.

The only advantage that I can see is that with a 50-60 Km/h, probably many of the usual "Idiots on the road" would stop using the C-D and start looking for another place where they could be "themselves" again. So it would solve nothing, it would only move the problem somewhere else. Like I always say, if you don't want chaos, don't go looking for it, let the idiots destroy each other and use other roads. And it's best if they are always in the same place, easier for the rest of us to avoid them.

3 hours ago, Odion said:

When will people understand that lowering the speed limit won't solve anything? :p

There are two types of reckless drivers on the road, the ones who speed, and the ones who intentionally ram anyone they see for laughs and giggles. While lowering the speed limit doesn't seem to achieve anything in the eyes of many, it drastically reduces one thing: the number of players who speed and cause an accident, and thus, the staff team would have fewer reports on their hands.

I like the idea of 60km/h on the CD road. The only problem is that it would take a lot of work.  I dont know how the current city limiter works. But i would think that the Cities has something in the game files that defines them as cities. And then you can just apply the limiter to all those city files. But with this, a CD road limiter would have to be manually applyd to the whole road, if that can even be done.  But with a limiter of 60 we would probably take away most of the overtaking. Since everyone would drive 60 on that road, nobody would be able to overtake, and even if an accident would happen people are going 60, so they would easily be able to stop in time. Maybe it would even make a lot of the CD road people drive somewhere else or move to an Arcade server. 

8 hours ago, Odion said:

When will people understand that lowering the speed limit won't solve anything? :p

If we lower the speed limit, then the crashes won't be as bad as they are now. Getting hit at about 60 kph would be better than getting hit at 110 kph.

4 hours ago, shaaka said:

110kmh is already extremely low ...

How?

I understand why you want this to happen, especially with the skodas but this I don't think will actually have an impact apart from slower traffic, it's not the speed that makes users crash, it's how the truck/car is driven and the skill from the driver.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

Lowering of speed limits has always been the go-to when it comes to preventing collisions in ETS2MP, but in regards to the C-D Road I don't see it being beneficial simply for the fact that recklessness is the main cause of collisions on that road. Lowering the speed limit isn't going to magic those collisions away, but what it will do is encourage a lot of the reckless people that use it to move away to other areas with no such reduced speed limit, which will then blight another area; in time, we'd then see people calling for that new area to have new speed limits imposed on it.

The C-D Road has a reputation as being a very risky road to drive on, and frankly I don't see any reason to change that. Those who choose to use the road are doing so at their own risk knowing the dangers involved, which means people like myself who don't want to drive in such a risky environment know exactly where to avoid.

The CD road is one of those roads, varying speed limits on varous sections, some are 60, other parts 80, however the problem lies not with the road, as when empty its a nice piece of road to drive down, but the players.  many of whom think it is a racing game like Forza so have to get past.  This would not be quite so bad if all the traffic was going one way, however tie in north bound and south bound traffic with no dividing median and the "i will overtake no matter what" attitude and you have a recipie for problems. 

TMP could if they wanted make it so that piece of road will only go as fast as the posted limit yet people would still want to force by and you would still get accidents or log jams.  Saturday I went down that road at 60km/h which was the posted limit and people got upset.  (chances are I have been reported for it!) however over the CB i told the players, "speed limit is 60, Im doing 60" - only to be told "its a computer game, it doesn't matter"  and there lies the problem.

one word:

ATTITUDE!

After being inactive for a year i did notice that the speed limiter does reduce accidents in my opinion, i just don't have any trust in the admins or the report system.

i don't even report people anymore...because the whole report system doesn't work well, and sometimes admins aren't even aware of the rules/signs...think and handle like kids.

People know that the report system doesn't do much, so people continue to troll, they get away with it, and it gets you views on youtube as it seems.

i really do think that admins need to step up their game and make the report system work, and act like an admin, look for trouble on roads, where it is jammed(on the map) and how/ (who) it could occur.

Place short period/ hours bans for people that can't behave, who actually should have joined the arcade server...

it should be a 4 way road anyway in comparison with the traffic flow.

Archived