How are players protected against violators?

Myau91

Question

I'm new here and i'm so confused with what happens in your servers. 

I always get rammed by some players (usually in light vehicles) and when i tried to report a player (also, he was reported by a witness of the accident) i would get a message that no action was taken against him and that  i should have evidence. But where am i supposed to get em? Should i play with FRAPS recording every second of gameplay? i thought that player movements were logging and moderators could see what happened. And now after my truck was destroyed again by a troll in a light vehicle, i'm just about to stop playing here because i don't know how to protect myself and what i should do to be protected by administrators. Make it clear please, because i don't get the FAQ about reports. You say that i should give you a link with evidence, but i don't understand where i'm supposed to get the videos. Players without FRAPS have no rights here and can be trolled without consequences? 

• Upvote 1

6 answers to this question

Best idea is software like  "nvidia experience". You can set there something like quick replay (not sure how it is called in english because I use this software in other language). I reccomend to set it for one minute to save space (usually you need max 40 sec but it is set to 5 min by default). You also need to bind one button on your keyboard for save quick replay. Remember to type "/pinfo xxxx" where xxxx is a short temp id in game, to save TruckerMP ID on your recorder video. Before you can use this you have to click shortcut (which you set in options) to open settings and click "quick replay" (or something like that). When it becomes green then it works. Now you can save replay (last minute) by some button you set before.

Here is example of mine, as you can see last seconds shows TruckersMP ID.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the GM team cannot accompany every single player at all times to act as their "guardian angel". We wish we could, but we are only human. We can't, and currently there is no way to "shield" anyone (closest thing are the arcade servers, which have no collision all across the map). That is not to say I don't understand your frustration, however. I do. I've been in your shoes, I know well what it is like. And I apologize for it. We do our job as best as we can to keep our servers free from griefers and we also trust our players will be obeying the rules they have agreed with when they signed up for TMP., but sometimes some people don't, and when they don't, well, it's unfortunate and things like what you described happen. I'll try to explain how reporting these bad players work and I'll try to keep it as short as I can so hopefully you can have a better time on our servers.

When a GM is around a given incident and he/she sees when it happens, action will normally be taken against whoever has broken the rules right away, be it through a verbal warning, kick or a ban, whichever is applicable at the time for the specific offense committed. If a GM isn't nearby and thus, can't see what has happened, it is up to the player who was affected by the offense or another nearby player to make a report so the player who broke the rules can be punished accordingly. This can happen in two ways, though one is more effective than the other, being these ways the "in-game report" and the "web report". I'll go over them.

In-Game Report

This is when you are still connected to a server and report someone using the Tab menu. You select the player you want to report, the report reason(s) and click on "Report". This action will make the server "record" the last two minutes of movement data prior to the moment you created the report, and store it as a replay demo. This "movement data" works pretty much the same way replays in games such as Rocket League, Team Fortress 2, Mario Kart, etc. do. No actual video is recorded but rather, the server remembers all the movements of all the players in a radius of around 600 meters around you and recreates all of that as a replay. This type of report (in-game) is temporary, however. Once 50 of them are present in the system, the server will automatically start deleting older reports as they become 10 minutes old or more. When that happens, you get the message that no action was taken. In order to avoid that, a Game Moderator must be present in the server and available to claim that report in up to 10 minutes after it is created. Due to the high load of reports being created every minute, sometimes it is hard to get them all in time, so they unfortunately end up expiring. Though when one is claimed, the GM is able to watch a replay of the moment you reported, with the ability to pause, fast forward, skip through parts of the playback, move the camera to watch from any angle, etc. If the GM sees rules were indeed broken, he/she will apply the required punishment to whoever has broken the rules at that time. If a GM can't claim the report in time, however, it expires and is deleted automatically after 10 minutes (if there are 50 reports already in the system, otherwise it will sit idle until the 50 cap is reached or a GM is available to claim it).

Web Report

This is when you head over to https://truckersmp.com/reports and make a report on TMP's website. These reports never expire and they are always reviewed by our team of Game Moderators. These reports, however, require that you, the player, provide the evidence. And this is where recording your play sessions come into play as in most cases, a video of the incident you are reporting is necessary so the GM can see what happened and who did what and how. So yes, you do need to record the game in order to use the web report system. Do bear in mind, however, that sometimes it may take a few days until your report is checked by someone. Since GMs work in a first-in-first out fashion, older reports are dealt with first. Because there are many reports being created every minute, sometimes this process can take some time. But rest assured, every single report is checked in due time. Not one is ignored or deleted.

There are many ways to record the game and you don't necessarily need to record 100% of it at all times. Players with a GTX series NVidia graphics card have free access to the ShadowPlay software, which when configured appropriately, can only record the last few seconds or minutes of game footage upon the press of a button (I use it, myself. I have mine set to record the last 2:30 minutes so whenever I press the button to save a clip, it creates a 2:30 minutes long video and only that. Nothing else). Players without access to this software still have other choices, though. FRAPS (as you mentioned, though personally I don't recommend it), Mirilis Action! (paid software), Debut Video Capture, OBS Studio (free and quite good) and many others. Most of them now offer a buffer replay (same as ShadowPlay) so you don't need to record at all times and end up having a bunch of heavy videos taking up space in your hard drive. If you do record everything, however, well, you can still get around it by simply going over the footage you recorded and deleting anything that isn't relevant after your play session. Actually, back in the day, I used to do that, myself. I'd use Action and at the time, it still didn't have a replay buffer function, so I'd have to manually record everything (this was before I became GM, of course). The way I'd do it was by hitting record whenever there was someone nearby and then stopping the recording if there was nobody. Then once I was done playing, I'd simply delete all the videos from that play session, unless there was something I wanted to keep for a reason or another, in which case I'd look for which clip had the footage I wanted and then simply delete the rest. It is a bit of a daunting thing to do, I won't lie, but it works and gets the job done until you can use a better method.

I apologize for the long text. I hope I have solved your doubts. If not, please feel free to ask away! Either me or another GM/user will gladly respond.  dragonnod1.gif?1 And of course, welcome to TruckersMP! dragonhug.gif?1

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Hi there, @Myau91

I'm sorry to hear that you're confused about what you're supposed to do next with the reports that you have filed against violators of the in-game rules. What I would strongly recommend is downloading a recording application, and then upload it to something like YouTube, where you can post the link from YouTube into the report section of the website, which can be viewed here once you log into the website. 

Once again, I do feel sorry to hear that you're confused about this, and moderators are not exactly available 24/7 to assist with reports, which results in timeouts. I hope this solution helps you, and that you feel that you can drive safely within TruckersMP!  

• Like 2

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Advanced issues found

8 minutes ago, Snorlax. said:

Hey there @Myau91,
a few great answers were given. Please confirm that those have helped you out or not so that we can move this topic to solved.

I don't know how to confirm it. If with a message like this, then yes, they gave me a big manual how to act. Thank you very much <3

• Like 1