What does TMP mean to you?

BeaverTG

I can't remember exactly but I think there was a thread posted like this before if so I apologize for "stealing the idea?" Anyways, I've been playing this mod for a few years and after those wonderful years of mistakes, honks, good times, meeting friends, and the recent updates, I just wanted to ask the TMP community what the mod means to you. Why do you play the mod? Why do you like it? It'll be a good refresher and really make you think the next time you drive why exactly you're doing it, and overall, after posting and seeing other peoples stories, I think it'll make your day a little bit better.

I'll start:

The concept of this game and what the mod adds to it is just so unbelievably simple and satisfying that it makes it unique to other games. You are literally just driving. There is so little learning curve to the game (parking doubles and triples is probably the only hard part of this game), the goals are somewhat repetitive but there has to be a reason why over 3k people play it every day on average, and there is: literally just being able to drive your unique truck, basically your personality, delivering your loads on the calm, scenic routes of Scandinavia or the hectic, populated road of CD, and the simple quick interactions that make your day: like honking at other real players that pass by you, overtaking players nicely who flash their lights to let you know its safe to change lanes, is what has everyone hooked. This was what hooked me, at least, when I joined in 2015. I had no knowledge of trucks, I just wanted to drive, meet, and drive with people, that one reason is the same thing that keeps me hooked to this game, even after 4 years.

But this year I learned that this game was a little bit more important to me than I had thought. I had a tough year. I struggled with stress and homework from school. But whenever I had the chance, I would open TMP, start my truck, tune some music, and drive. I drove all my problems away. My stress and thoughts just disappeared as I slightly moved my steering wheel to align with the road at high speeds, while listening to my possibly-edgy teen playlist of questionable music. I realized this game was my venting tool. After that realization, I began to respect the mod even more. I've made so many friends along the way, and I never want this cycle to end. 

So, that's what TMP means to me. It's my go-to whenever I need to calm myself. Also, driving with some friends makes the chill vibe way better since you can just talk and drive the whole way!! I still don't have a lot of knowledge about trucks, but you don't have to be a truck wiz to play! Just driving and enjoying it is enough! I really appreciate this game and the mod for creating something so special, and I'm happy that I finally shared this with you guys. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. :wub: 

(P.S: I didn't mean for this to turn into a 4 paragraph essay :LUL:)

Hello there,

3 hours ago, BeaverTG said:

I can't remember exactly but I think there was a thread posted like this before if so I apologize for "stealing the idea?"

Reinventing the wheel, all good i would assume .

Why do you play the mod?

Almost being 5 years, one word precisely: Experience and Fun. Why? Simple, it's very principle of excitement relaxing driving with real people hence "wonderful years of mistakes, honks, good times, meeting friends" and what to expect in traffic as you drive any day. I mostly prefer doing WoT Contracts as i don't mind weight of simulation. The very first time i heard about the game and multiplayer mod when i had to do school driving in real world, enrolled with-in category A, B and sometimes i learn drive in trucking as i have few relatives who kinda do the job and so, after trying in the game it went far enormous for me beyond by my imagination with realism (later in Promods) which obviously named "simulation" but not that close at that time, it was still under early access but nowadays it's making a decent progress i would say. But after first time using TMP, it was very much bumped and trying to figure out whole process and i could tell some of the aspects it's same slightly experience in nowadays that no matter what, it can't be changed.  I can tell you more about your topic subject but imho just like you said, i take it the rest as it is just fine for me and of course, this topic may not really require properly response to it assuming it's just what are you trying to reach out your story. Touche .

Why do you like it?

what the mod means to you

image.png.5ae5d6e2fce55f1d8a29210c81c66f07.png

There's few interpretations that can be misleading and such i think we both would agree not to be sentimental . :troll:

But this year I learned that this game was a little bit more important to me than I had thought. I had a tough year. I struggled with stress and homework from school. But whenever I had the chance, I would open TMP, start my truck, tune some music, and drive. I drove all my problems away. My stress and thoughts just disappeared as I slightly moved my steering wheel to align with the road at high speeds, while listening to my possibly-edgy teen playlist of questionable music. I realized this game was my venting tool. After that realization, I began to respect the mod even more. I've made so many friends along the way, and I never want this cycle to end.  

:wow::LUL:

(P.S: Problems doesn't actually go away eitherway if all the suddenly when you are about to double-click the mod and it doesn't mean you actually should, it's a temporary effect of psychology but overall i would understand it and appreciate it the fact you shared with us honestly)

Video games have been treated as a means of escape for years, there isn't a problem with taking a break from the chaos in one's life. I, too, have a similar experience as BeaverTG here, TMP has helped me in many ways relax and solve my personal problems once and for all with an unexpectedly satisfying outcome, not to mention the several good friends that it has brought my way, whom of course I am grateful for. Science & statistics show that gaming helps you relieve stress, gaming is a stress-reliever for some, just as nicotine is widely considered a stress-reliever.

(P.S: Problems doesn't actually go away eitherway if all the suddenly when you are about to double-click the mod and it doesn't mean you actually should, it's a temporary effect of psychology but overall i would understand it and appreciate it the fact you shared with us honestly)

After all, he said, "My stress and thoughts just disappeared", which suggests him enjoying a stress-reliever that helps him relieve stress, not necessarily running away from his problems or looking the other way, everyone needs a break to think straight and clear; it's plain stupid to do anything in anger or panic, just a piece of advice. 

I hope you know that for those of us who don't take this lightly, it's not a joke and it's rather offensive when others take us the wrong way, misunderstand what's it like and think of gaming as a stress-reliever ridiculous.

As you see I'm a long time TMP player and personally my opinion on TMP has changed throughout the years, Personally, the first time I played TMP it was like everyone knew how to drive correctly and they all stuck to roleplay but now as you may all know it's hardly like this now, most people do still follow it but you have the newer generation players who don't care for TMP and just want to ruin our gameplay. I use TMP as a somewhat stress-relief when I come home from work or my day hasn't been good, It's fun and peaceful just to take a long drive yourself and listen to music to ease your mind.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

@cloofter It's really nice to see long time members still playing and enjoying our mod! :wow:

For me, TruckersMP means quite a lot as it has been with me everyday since more than 2 years now. As soon as I joined this mod on that late day of the December 29th 2016 when I was sick and bored alone at home, I knew that I would stay for a while here as this community is like no others that I met before.

With the mod being relaxing after a stressful day at work, as soon as I come back home and launch TMP, I know that I'll forgot all life issues and just empty my mind and relax, even if for me the "playing" and "relaxing" aspect of the game went more and more rare when I became a Game Mod, I still enjoy flying around in freecam and looking at people chatting, driving, making friends and having fun.

I love this community, the great people that are part of it and I don't plan to leave it anytime soon! :P

Also, that's in our servers, during a random convoy that I took part of because I was bored, that I met my girlfriend that I am with for one and half year now. ^_^

With the Simulation aspect that we're going back to with the "Road to Simulation" project, I'm glad to see that a lot of players are happy with it and coming back to our servers.

Keep being awesome guys, even if the entire TruckersMP team works hard everyday to make this mod a better place to have fun on and enjoy, that's still you, the community, who makes this mod an awesome place!

@cloofter As an also long-ish time player (late 2015) I agree with you that TMP has changed. I know alot of new players that strive for the truck driving experience and are putting an effort to become better drivers. There have always been trolls throughout the years and I have seen terrible accidents during every year of my experience. In my opinion though, thats what makes TMP TMP. Yes, we want to be peaceful and relaxing and driving of course, but accidents still happen in real life. Part of what made me join was knowing that there is still a sense of danger in the game, and I could really tell my friends, "you need to look out for other trucks to be safe". This is why when there are accidents, I do not get annoyed, and I still enjoy TMP as I enjoyed it years ago. Of course, everyone has different play styles and opinions on this issue, so I'm not one to judge. That's just my two cents :P

@KhaosHammer Wonderful story!! I'm so happy for you, thanks for sharing!

@[TheUnion][Selim/22] Yup. This game is wonderful for relaxing.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, BeaverTG said:

@cloofter As an also long-ish time player (late 2015) I agree with you that TMP has changed. I know alot of new players that strive for the truck driving experience and are putting an effort to become better drivers. There have always been trolls throughout the years and I have seen terrible accidents during every year of my experience. In my opinion though, thats what makes TMP TMP. Yes, we want to be peaceful and relaxing and driving of course, but accidents still happen in real life. Part of what made me join was knowing that there is still a sense of danger in the game, and I could really tell my friends, "you need to look out for other trucks to be safe". This is why when there are accidents, I do not get annoyed, and I still enjoy TMP as I enjoyed it years ago. Of course, everyone has different play styles and opinions on this issue, so I'm not one to judge. That's just my two cents :P

@KhaosHammer Wonderful story!! I'm so happy for you, thanks for sharing!

@[TheUnion][Selim/22] Yup. This game is wonderful for relaxing.

+1 ı aggre

I came across TMP just over a year ago, as i saw a few streamers on it and thought i'd give it a go, little did i know i have made so many friends in this community it almost feels like a home, the fact theres an opportunity to drive with others across europe is amazing, TMP has helped distract me from my mental health and i can not thank the tmp staff enough. I've played it almost every day since day one and i always find new routes/roads to venture down. The game is extremely relaxing and even better with others.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived