Road to Simulation #2

marco6158

2 hours ago, marco6158 said:

"you spend your free time to play, we spend our free time to ensure you can play"

"be able to see the bigger picture and not only see what matters for yourself or a closed circle of people."

We spend our free time not only to play but also to keep it (TruckersMP multiplayer mod) alive!

Don't forget this.

You spend your free time to serve us as a community, we spend our free time to enjoy your mod

But how we should enjoy it, when you set apparently unfair rules which makes the game less enjoyable for the majority of the players?

Is it fair to limit the joy of players which play mostly fair with a speedlimit of 110km/h? 

We as a community play on your servers and we use your service.. and I and many others out there are very thankful for that opportunity! But you are supposed to serve us and be thankful for our "service" on your servers as well!

Because without us, the TruckersMP forums and online servers would be pretty empty. Keep this in mind.

And you should consider that it's not fair and right to decite significant gameplay changes without the votes of the community. Was there any vote about the speedlimit? Was there any vote about anything related to the gameplay and rules?

You decited everything behind our backs. And that's not fair. This is not democratic. That's a communism and dictator behavior. The only thing that is allowed here is to give feedback and nothing else. We can not even vote about important changes.

"be able to see the bigger picture and not only see what matters for yourself or a closed circle of people."

??? Closed circle of people? I see almost every 2nd negative opinion about your rule changes. 

And it's not about me.... it's about the community! I speak not only for me... I speak for the communty.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
  • True Story 1

12 hours ago, marco6158 said:

By looking at your profile you're reporting a lot of players yourself so I don't see the point of your complaint at all, if there's one. You seem to be enjoying the reporting system to the fullest.

Erm no. It is only the point that I want to see how many reports are max, if there is one.

Sure, I can ask but I want to find out for myself. It's a little obsessive compulsive disorder from my MMO-past to max out everything. And yes, it is somthing like "indicate", who have the most max reports. And this is the stupid I think because:

every stupid action I can get I used for report +1.

*edit* It doesn't seem there is a max limit o_O

If the report system wouldn't raise there would be no reason to report everyone who took your right of way without a crash, or cut you off on overtaking when the street was free and then in the middle there is now oncoming traffic what you couldn't see on the navigator and so on.

Unimportant actions..

You would only report the biggest **** or the hardest crashes.

Not the little things for what you COULD get the same time of ban like the biggest asshole actions.

8 hours ago, Greenfox said:

Was there any vote about the speedlimit? Was there any vote about anything related to the gameplay and rules?

You decited everything behind our backs. And that's not fair. This is not democratic. That's a communism and dictator behavior.

Oh please.

The devs of truckersMP developed the mod for multiplayer. They don't need a survey, or a voting to set their own rules.

The devs decide what is the best for the mod, and we players decide if we like or dislike the rules.

When we dislike the rules we can make suggestions for the mod - and the devs decide if the suggestion is good or bad.

Like the suggestion to bring the old #EU2-settings on one arcade server.

I think that this is the best way for truckersMP, but the devs don't think that this is the best way because they wanted a nearly roleplay-multiplayer-mod. That is their intention of truckersMP.

And because there will not be a a server for every kind of player all idiots are on the simulation server and make a roleplay impossible.

What roleplay looks like after the change you can see here uncut:

I can't play in roleplay because I don't get the roleplay feeling with all these idiots  and I can't play like before on #Eu2 because I am forced to drive with 110 km/h even on empty roads.

So I decided to dislike the changes, dismantled my steering wheel and play other games.

Edited by Hecki_Stafman
Removed profanity

so you guys continue with "road to simulation" and put speed limit to whole "comunity" as u guys say ... and implement for admins 160 km/h because u know that 110 km/h is bad... and so with that u wash your hands, because for u (the admins) its simple u don't have restriction u drive with 160 km/h and force the rest to drive with 110 km ... nice update nice lesson .. good for u

bad update from the start. 

Edited by Nameless Ghoul
Removed profanity
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 7

22 minutes ago, dacia1310 said:

so you guys continue with "road to simulation" and put speed limit to whole "comunity" as u guys say ... and implement for admins 160 km/h because u know that 110 km/h is shit ... and so with that u wash your hands, because for u (the admins) its simple u don't have restriction u drive with 160 km/h and force the rest to drive with 110 km ... nice update nice lesson .. good for u

bad update from the start. 

B r u h, they're going from bad to worse since they started to implement those radical changes without even asking the community. Remember this survey?

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:07 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

My fear is, is that all it takes is a trigger happy admin to start abusing the tougher rules by insta banning people for things that don’t need that sort of excessive punishment, all that will do is deter more normal drivers away from wanting to play TMP, yet the people that the rules are supposed to deter just carry on causing problems over and over again. 

Trigger happy Admins will be punished internally and might lose their rank if they do so. Also an "unfair" ban will be removed or reduced in such cases, so no issue here.

Also it is important to understand that trigger-happy doesn't mean abusive. You can be trigger-happy banning or kicking people if you enfirce the rules strictly.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:07 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

Furthermore, it’s extremely difficult to tell what can be deemed intentional and what can be deemed an accident, it’s next to impossible, so essentially people will drive in TMP constantly worrying about if something happens and they end up accidentally running into someone, even though they have no intention to cause harm to anyone, they can be potentially banned under the new rules.

Nope. It's fairly easy in 99%+ of the cases.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, Hecki_Stafman said:

And on one day you can write the stupidest web-report like this where nothing really happens.

And the guy got a ban ^^

Clearly a broken rule as marco already stated.

I wanted to buy all the DLS completely to play online, but you showed that there is no need for this, just as it is not advisable to buy ATS. Continue to bend your hypocritical line, success is inevitable as evidenced by the online schedule and the missing queues on the former EU2 server.

And what stops you from playing in single-player?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I have 2 Questions!

Who, of the People who writing here, wanting the 150 kph back and collision on the Arcade Server, have Achieved the personal WOT Goodyear Goal and got the Goodyear DLC for Free?

And who reached the goal in Multplayer?

49 minutes ago, W4chund said:

I have 2 Questions!

Who, of the People who writing here, wanting the 150 kph back and collision on the Arcade Server, have Achieved the personal WOT Goodyear Goal and got the Goodyear DLC for Free?

And who reached the goal in Multplayer?

Yes, i tried to change the white on the Goodyear Dash paint to Scandinavian blue but it refused to change ( it would have looked pretty cool!

First of all , thank you for these long-awaited changes.

In addition to these changes, which look amazing, I would suggest the following:

• Players with expired ban cannot log on to the simulation servers within 5-7 days from the expiration of the ban. But, Arcade servers servers should be available.

Introduction of this restriction will increase the value of simulation servers, reduce the load for GM and increase the confidence of players who playing in the delivery of cargo, playing in sim gameplay, and not in the race, ramming and dangerous driving.

Limited access to simulation servers can be seen as a cooling-off period and a sandbox where there is time to think things through and learn the rules.

• Upvote 10
  • True Story 3

10.jpg?_1693113983

6 hours ago, RayRay5 said:

Trigger happy Admins will be punished internally and might lose their rank if they do so. Also an "unfair" ban will be removed or reduced in such cases, so no issue here.

Also it is important to understand that trigger-happy doesn't mean abusive. You can be trigger-happy banning or kicking people if you enfirce the rules strictly.

Nope. It's fairly easy in 99%+ of the cases.

And what stops you from playing in single-player?

The thing is, why should one admin be super strict, yet another will allow certain things, shouldn’t it be a uniform thing where if x incident happens and y incident happened as a result, then z punishment is justified, it should never be oh, admin number one will give a 2 month ban for, lets say, ramming someone, yet admin number two will just kick the person in the same scenario, it should be one OR the other, clearly defined in the rules for all to see. 

Hence why I said trigger happy, because it shouldn’t be admin discretion on what punishment is given, the discretion should be whether to give said punishment or not based upon evidence provided.

Not everything in the world is ever black and white, there are always plenty of incidents and scenarios that are in between, plenty of things that may either look intentional but are in fact a total accident or may look accidental but are actually done on purpose, so you can’t tell be the only 1% or less are indistinguishable, that’s realms of fiction in my opinion, I would make a guess of more around 30-40% or lower are easily distinguishable, the rest are much more difficult. 

For example, take that someone’s doing between 55-60MPH on a back road like c-d but traffic density is much lower, yet the traffic ahead suddenly stops either because of a wreck or lag, that person slams on every brake available to stop but ends up rear ending the person ahead, what punishment would you issue? 

Best thing done by the TruckerMP team, because the game is a simulator of direction, reality, among others. The game is not a racing simulator. The only downside, is that there are still those who like to run, and as the maximum limit is 100km/h, they start to overtake and fail to finalize successfully, then end up hitting the front or throwing agent off the track. But apart from these people, the new limit is great for playing, simulating, and having fun.  Congratulations to the TMP team!! ❤️

11 hours ago, RayRay5 said:

I don't say that this is not a broken rule.

I said that this kind of reports are the reason for 5.000 reports per day, when you have the possibility  to write 100+ reports.

There are stupid idiots like me who cut such situations in a video edit, what takes senseless time (but I have enough time .. sometimes i have so much time that I can ask: "Where is 'down'?"), because I have the possibility to report someone, and he gets a ban.

In Germany we have a word for this: "Schadenfreude".

The "admins r so powerful, we no see fair treatment omfg" argument is getting old now. If you wish to floor it and hit every guard rail on your way too, then head to the Arcade servers, that's why we have them. 110km/h is already enough, this game is a simulator, but it seems many people here tend to think of it as The Crew where they fly off to the moon with their friends, which is far from what TMP and SCS intend to provide.

What everyone fails to see here is that TMP tries to balance the thin line between "fun" and "realism", but unfortunately the majority of the community are trying to have flying trucks because they're desperately trying to accumulate as much money as possible to rank up in their VTC faster than their friends so they can flex and show off. Again, Arcade servers exist, if you would like to break your pedals speeding, then go ahead. Leave Simulation servers alone and away from the arcade-ish experience. As mentioned above, it's a simulator, not a racing game.

There's something that people on the other side of the fence don't realize: there's a portion of the community that do not wish to see or associate with people who like to ridiculously speed through cities and smash into other trucks on the highway, there are players who would like to stay away from the madness happening on the road because of your speeding. That's why Arcade servers were made, to give space to the realism enthusiast drivers. Stay away from Simulation servers, that's what TMP is saying.

The funniest part of this entire argument is that TMP provides us with two Arcade servers where collision and speed limit are disabled, yet with this generous addition from TMP,  the community still demands to lift the speed limit, but where? In Simulation servers, that's indeed a joke and a wonderful tale I will have to share with a buddy in a bar.

Harsh punishments are a major deterrent to rule-breakers, it discourages foul players from breaking the rules over and over. I truly wish for harsher punishments and lengthy bans.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2

I'm ok with the update, since I respect all the rules, so the speed limiter is not a problem for me as I don't go over 80 km/h.

Game moderators play the role of the police in game, and as in reality, police vehicles go faster when they're in service, so I think that to add realism the higher speed for them is a nice touch.

I think most of the players still don't understand that TMP is based on simulation games, so you should play it respecting the road rules, sounds simple right? If you want to race with your truck, just go in the arcade servers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

@Alex [ITA] Same here. The problem, as I see it, is that too many people see Simulation 1 as a remake of EU#2, so they feel that they have been "cheated" to drive slower than before. And they won't use the arcade servers because they don't want just to race, they want to have collisions too. This, added to the fact that Simulation 1 has 4200 slots, makes them stay away from the arcade servers, "forced" to drive at 110 Km/h. Now, they are against the new ban rules, because they see that they are the ones most likely to suffer from them, precisely because they keep doing 110 Km/h everywhere and are more likely to be involved in "accidental rammings". I'm not worried at all and I guess that you aren't either.

4 hours ago, xenophobia said:

110km/h is already enough, this game is a simulator, but it seems many people here tend to think of it as The Crew where they fly off to the moon with their friends, which is far from what TMP and SCS intend to provide.

Erm... SCS developed a tuning system for the trucks in their own Euro Truck "Simulator" game to drive faster.

So, yes. It is a simulator. But a "Euro Truck Simulator" and not a "Euro Traffic Rules Simulator".

1 hour ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

Erm... SCS developed a tuning system for the trucks in their own Euro Truck "Simulator" game to drive faster.

So, yes. It is a simulator. But a "Euro Truck Simulator" and not a "Euro Traffic Rules Simulator".

SCS ETS2 = Singleplayer, you can modificate your Game and Gameplay like you want and like the Game make it possible!

TMP = ETS2 Modification, non SCS sponsored, having his own Rules about Gameplay and possible Individual Modifacations, that you have to obey. Otherwise you get punished, if not. You can make suggestions to improve the Gameplay Experience, but it´s up to TMP to acceptig them or not!

Keep this in Mind and you can make more constructive argumentations! ;)

1 hour ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

No, that's where you're wrong. The "fast engines" aren't made so you get to experience The Crew, they're made so you can haul a higher mass.

The implication here is that the trolls aren't playing the game how it's supposed to be played. The only reason they're here is that there's no AI traffic so they get to enjoy speeding, we all know that any reckless driver would wreck their own truck within minutes of driving in singleplayer, or do you think driving 150km/h is safe? As beforementioned, it's a simulator, not a racing game. Everything serves the purpose of immersing the player in an authentic trucking experience. 

That's why we have Arcade 1 & 2, because people do not understand that it's not a racing game, which is why TMP has the right to keep them out of SIM servers, despite TMP being their very own client, they can change it as they see fit.

Wanna have a racing experience? Head to the Arcade servers. End of subject.

• True Story 3

3 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

SCS did not develop TruckersMP. TruckersMP developers have set up 4 servers. 2 simulator servers and 2 arcade servers. Obviously, the simulator servers are to be played as if it was real life, to simulate real life driving. Right? If you do not wish to play simulator-like, then you have the Arcade servers that are specifically made for that purpose. 

If you don't want to play by the rules, then you have nothing to do on the simulator server. Unless what you want to do is mess around and ruin the experience for other players. Where you'd end up rightfully banned. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SHeDTix.png

@Glada_Laxen Technically ETS2 and ATS are not true to real life, so trying to make a multiplayer that goes against the basic principles in the base game is wrong, I mean come on, if the game was really a true sim we wouldn’t be able to disable speed limiters or traffic fines or be able to adjust suspension stiffness and truck stability. 

The thing that a hat a lot of people get wrong is that they expect every player to fall into one of two categories, either someone who strictly does the exact speed limit and does everything quite literally by the book 100% of the time or someone is a troll/NFS fanatic and wants to do 120MPH everywhere, have no collisions and just generally not take anything seriously. The reality is, is that there are categories of players who sit in between the hardcore sim fans and the trolls, those who play by the rules but feel it monotonous to go 55mph or slower everywhere, yet still are responsible when it comes to managing their speed and position on the road, these are the people who are getting the proverbial short end of the stick with the whole “road to simulation” changes.

The thing is, you can still “mess around” yet not ruin the “experience” for other people, like I said, a multiplayer is never black or white in terms of playstyles, there are always people who sit in between in the grey areas. A multiplayer, by definition, means multiple players, meaning multiple ways of approaching a situation and solving said situation, it’s bad for business to try and force everyone into one approach or another approach, I mean, how would you feel if TMP suddenly turned all four servers into no Collide, no limiter, no rule servers? 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Alex [ITA] Same here. The problem, as I see it, is that too many people see Simulation 1 as a remake of EU#2, so they feel that they have been "cheated" to drive slower than before. And they won't use the arcade servers because they don't want just to race, they want to have collisions too. This, added to the fact that Simulation 1 has 4200 slots, makes them stay away from the arcade servers, "forced" to drive at 110 Km/h. Now, they are against the new ban rules, because they see that they are the ones most likely to suffer from them, precisely because they keep doing 110 Km/h everywhere and are more likely to be involved in "accidental rammings". I'm not worried at all and I guess that you aren't either.

Well if trolls don't understand that a server which is specifically named "SIMULATION" is for simulation, they'll be banned for not respecting the simulation rules, I don't think it's difficult to comprehend

Log into "SIMULATION" servers just to cause mayhem? A well deserved ban is right there for you.

I can say from personal experience that since the first "Road to simulation" update, the situation got much better (Idk about C-D since it's years that I don't drive there due to truck carnage); some months ago I tried switching from EU#01 to EU#02 to give it a second chance: litterally 5 minutes after I logged in, I got rammed twice, I reported both the players in-game and nothing happened. A few weeks ago I was playing in SIM#01, a driver made an illegal u-turn on the highway, rammed me and laughed about that in chat: I reported him and 10 minutes later he got banned.

I recently saw one of Speedy_TMP livestreams and he clearly said: "Drive on C-D at your own risk, I will reject all of the C-D area reports."; I immediately thought that was the right thing to do, since C-D is complete madness and people go there just to get rammed over and over and spam reports. This behaviour just makes the in-game report system useless since it's flooded with, in fact, useless reports… But you can't rely only on one admin, the community should understand that creating reports in C-D is pointless (and basically going on C-D all day long without a real reason) and makes "real" reports go in the background.

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

@Glada_Laxen Technically ETS2 and ATS are not true to real life, so trying to make a multiplayer that goes against the basic principles in the base game is wrong, I mean come on, if the game was really a true sim we wouldn’t be able to disable speed limiters or traffic fines or be able to adjust suspension stiffness and truck stability. 

The thing that a hat a lot of people get wrong is that they expect every player to fall into one of two categories, either someone who strictly does the exact speed limit and does everything quite literally by the book 100% of the time or someone is a troll/NFS fanatic and wants to do 120MPH everywhere, have no collisions and just generally not take anything seriously. The reality is, is that there are categories of players who sit in between the hardcore sim fans and the trolls, those who play by the rules but feel it monotonous to go 55mph or slower everywhere, yet still are responsible when it comes to managing their speed and position on the road, these are the people who are getting the proverbial short end of the stick with the whole “road to simulation” changes.

The thing is, you can still “mess around” yet not ruin the “experience” for other people, like I said, a multiplayer is never black or white in terms of playstyles, there are always people who sit in between in the grey areas. A multiplayer, by definition, means multiple players, meaning multiple ways of approaching a situation and solving said situation, it’s bad for business to try and force everyone into one approach or another approach, I mean, how would you feel if TMP suddenly turned all four servers into no Collide, no limiter, no rule servers? 

I couldn't have said it better.

• Like 2