Road to Simulation #2

marco6158

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

@Glada_Laxen Technically ETS2 and ATS are not true to real life, so trying to make a multiplayer that goes against the basic principles in the base game is wrong, I mean come on, if the game was really a true sim we wouldn’t be able to disable speed limiters or traffic fines or be able to adjust suspension stiffness and truck stability. 

I dont think that this part makes any sense at all, where is the problem about going against the games principles? I think one of the highest priorities/principles is to be fun for the player so where is the problem when a lot of players enjoy a more simulation like experience you can go in that direction. Or did I understand your point wrong?

Why

@Glada_Laxen Technically ETS2 and ATS are not true to real life, so trying to make a multiplayer that goes against the basic principles in the base game is wrong, I mean come on, if the game was really a true sim we wouldn’t be able to disable speed limiters or traffic fines or be able to adjust suspension stiffness and truck stability. 

The thing that a hat a lot of people get wrong is that they expect every player to fall into one of two categories, either someone who strictly does the exact speed limit and does everything quite literally by the book 100% of the time or someone is a troll/NFS fanatic and wants to do 120MPH everywhere, have no collisions and just generally not take anything seriously. The reality is, is that there are categories of players who sit in between the hardcore sim fans and the trolls, those who play by the rules but feel it monotonous to go 55mph or slower everywhere, yet still are responsible when it comes to managing their speed and position on the road, these are the people who are getting the proverbial short end of the stick with the whole “road to simulation” changes.

The thing is, you can still “mess around” yet not ruin the “experience” for other people, like I said, a multiplayer is never black or white in terms of playstyles, there are always people who sit in between in the grey areas. A multiplayer, by definition, means multiple players, meaning multiple ways of approaching a situation and solving said situation, it’s bad for business to try and force everyone into one approach or another approach, I mean, how would you feel if TMP suddenly turned all four servers into no Collide, no limiter, no rule servers? 

This is the main reason why majority of the community got upset. just like  @Greenfox said You decided everything behind our backs. And that's not fair. This is not democratic. That's a communism and dictator behavior. I did read the TruckersMP survey again and i'm getting worried because they used to listen to their community but they don't care anymore probably because they reached the Top, well do not forget who brought you up there.

• True Story 1

57 minutes ago, Millennium1001 said:

I think one of the highest priorities/principles is to be fun for the player so where is the problem when a lot of players enjoy a more simulation like experience you can go in that direction.

There is no fun when you're forced to drive by someone's style. You can't cut someone's hair when you only cut grass in your entire life. And I don't see the "players who enjoy a more simulation like experience" on this community. Only people who can't understand there is no fun driving at legal speeds on an almost empty map. It's their mod, yes. But they don't listen to the community. And then they're asking why people are leaving TMP for other communities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing that a hat a lot of people get wrong is that they expect every player to fall into one of two categories, either someone who strictly does the exact speed limit and does everything quite literally by the book 100% of the time or someone is a troll/NFS fanatic and wants to do 120MPH everywhere, have no collisions and just generally not take anything seriously. The reality is, is that there are categories of players who sit in between the hardcore sim fans and the trolls, those who play by the rules but feel it monotonous to go 55mph or slower everywhere, yet still are responsible when it comes to managing their speed and position on the road, these are the people who are getting the proverbial short end of the stick with the whole “road to simulation” changes.

The thing is, you can still “mess around” yet not ruin the “experience” for other people, like I said, a multiplayer is never black or white in terms of playstyles, there are always people who sit in between in the grey areas. A multiplayer, by definition, means multiple players, meaning multiple ways of approaching a situation and solving said situation, it’s bad for business to try and force everyone into one approach or another approach, I mean, how would you feel if TMP suddenly turned all four servers into no Collide, no limiter, no rule servers? 

@megadethsteve666how you like to play singleplayer is completely up to you, since you are alone and the only one who matters in your game is yourself. Whether you want a more realistic simulation or a unrealistic simulation, as you can play both in ETS2 and ATS.

However, when you play multiplayer, it is not just about you. That is why you need to play by the same rules everyone has to play by. If you do not like those rules, then you don't have to play, or more importantly, you don't get to play as you would end up banned. But, fortunate for you, TruckersMP also offers servers where you may drive however you like. Where you may still drive with other players, at the same time as you can play however you like. 

The thing I don't think you understand is that the servers related to the "Road to Simulator" changes are literally called Simulator 1 and Simulator 2. Where you are supposed to drive by the book the best you can to create the best experience for those that want to follow traffic rules and laws. If that is not for you, then you are very much welcome to play on the Arcade servers where your preferred playstyle does not ruin the gameplay of many others. The players who drives properly on the Simulator servers does not ruin the experience of other players other than them having to slow down to match their speed, but that is okay, because this is a multiplayer driving simulator mod, so obviously there are going to be traffic. And again, if you do not like traffic, you are more than welcome to play on the Arcade servers where you may skip traffic by playing in non-collision. But, the Sim 1 and Sim 2 servers still offers some unrealistic gameplay, for example you may drive 110km/h, you may run through red traffic light as long as you yield for those who have a green, you may overtake over straight lines, and many more things that you normally would not be allowed to do in real life. Again, if that does not your playstyle, then you may still play the mod the way you like, on the Arcade servers. 

37 minutes ago, Road-King said:

This is the main reason why majority of the community got upset. just like  @Greenfox said You decided everything behind our backs. And that's not fair. This is not democratic. That's a communism and dictator behavior. I did read the TruckersMP survey again and i'm getting worried because they used to listen to their community but they don't care anymore probably because they reached the Top, well do not forget who brought you up there.

The thing is, they have listened. They have listened to both parts of the community. Those that want to have a simulator-like experience have the Simulator servers, and those that want to drive and complete jobs fast got their Arcade servers. What exactly is the problem here? 

@Odion It's either or. Either play as a simulation, aka real life, or not. And on the simulator servers you play as if it's real life. And on the arcade servers you can play however you like. So what is stopping you from playing on the Arcade servers? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

SHeDTix.png

3 minutes ago, Odion said:

There is no fun when you're forced to drive by someone's style. You can't cut someone's hair when you only cut grass in your entire life. And I don't see the "players who enjoy a more simulation like experience" on this community. Only people who can't understand there is no fun driving at legal speeds on an almost empty map. It's their mod, yes. But they don't listen to the community. And then they're asking why people are leaving TMP for other communities.

So when TMP divides the community into two: The Crew enthusiasts who can't run it so they play ETS2 on 20 FPS instead, and the actual truck enthusiasts who genuinely enjoy simulation, you claim that they're forcing the community to play the mod their own way... yet you seemingly stand behind the removal of speed limit and the addition of collision for a more arcade-ish experience, but that's not forcing us to play your own style? That's like saying: I don't want to play by your rules, you play by mine, even though it's your ball.

But wait a minute, what happened to the Arcade servers? I thought that's what the truck-driver-on-cocaine bunch wanted, no? You get yours, we get ours, what's the problem here? Or is it because they're unpopulated so you get bored driving alone in the dark?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, xenophobia said:

Or is it because they're unpopulated so you get bored driving alone in the dark?

E x a c t l y. I repeat myself: no one wants to drive on an empty map, especially by the speed limit. I don't want to drive by the speed limit, but at the same time I'm driving as cautious as possible. Some people said above and I'm 100% with them: why do we have to separate the community in "simulation" and "arcade"? 9 out of 10 people would say it was A LOT better before those "changes". Harsher punishments? Lmao, as long as you keep the same punishment system and those "permanent bans" for reckless driving and so on AT THE ADMIN'S DISCRETION, you're not going to solve anything. This mod was a lot better before they banned save editing. And I wasn't complaining then, as many other people. I heard your argument with "The Crew players" a googolplex times, and I'm tired of it from the second person who said that. For now, the arcade servers and even the second simulation server are completely useless, and TMP's Staff should close them tbh. If they're not listening to the community, they're not going anywhere good. Remember, WE'RE PLAYING THEIR MOD, NOT THEM. I don't think it's a wise thing to please 5 people out of 100. Also, one more thing. If you want the so called "simulation experience", uninstall TMP Launcher, get some mods and play singleplayer. I don't get it why you're playing TMP for the simulation, when the only fun things are to drive on C-D / overpopulated areas and doing convoys with your friends / VTCs. If you name it "simulation" driving on empty roads, it's your choice to play "simulation" on empty roads. You're never going to see a simulation multiplayer game, either if it's called TMP, IFMP or HGVMP. I thought the main reason people are playing multiplayer games is to play the game with other people and have fun with them, not to play alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

5 hours ago, xenophobia said:

No, that's where you're wrong. The "fast engines" aren't made so you get to experience The Crew, they're made so you can haul a higher mass.

The implication here is that the trolls aren't playing the game how it's supposed to be played. The only reason they're here is that there's no AI traffic so they get to enjoy speeding, we all know that any reckless driver would wreck their own truck within minutes of driving in singleplayer, or do you think driving 150km/h is safe? As beforementioned, it's a simulator, not a racing game. Everything serves the purpose of immersing the player in an authentic trucking experience. 

That's why we have Arcade 1 & 2, because people do not understand that it's not a racing game, which is why TMP has the right to keep them out of SIM servers, despite TMP being their very own client, they can change it as they see fit.

Wanna have a racing experience? Head to the Arcade servers. End of subject.

Or be an admin with 160 km/h now.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761145864ebb10de476ef3

24 minutes ago, Odion said:

E x a c t l y. I repeat myself: no one wants to drive on an empty map, especially by the speed limit. I don't want to drive by the speed limit, but at the same time I'm driving as cautious as possible. Some people said above and I'm 100% with them: why do we have to separate the community in "simulation" and "arcade"? 9 out of 10 people would say it was A LOT better before those "changes". Harsher punishments? Lmao, as long as you keep the same punishment system and those "permanent bans" for reckless driving and so on AT THE ADMIN'S DISCRETION, you're not going to solve anything. This mod was a lot better before they banned save editing. And I wasn't complaining then, as many other people. I heard your argument with "The Crew players" a googolplex times, and I'm tired of it from the second person who said that. For now, the arcade servers and even the second simulation server are completely useless, and TMP's Staff should close them tbh. If they're not listening to the community, they're not going anywhere good. Remember, WE'RE PLAYING THEIR MOD, NOT THEM. I don't think it's a wise thing to please 5 people out of 100. Also, one more thing. If you want the so called "simulation experience", uninstall TMP Launcher, get some mods and play singleplayer. I don't get it why you're playing TMP for the simulation, when the only fun things are to drive on C-D / overpopulated areas and doing convoys with your friends / VTCs. If you name it "simulation" driving on empty roads, it's your choice to play "simulation" on empty roads. You're never going to see a simulation multiplayer game, either if it's called TMP, IFMP or HGVMP. I thought the main reason people are playing multiplayer games is to play the game with other people and have fun with them, not to play alone.

The reason the Arcade servers are empty is that... hm, let me think for a minute... barely anyone wants to play them. The 5 out of 100 are the Arcade players, not the Simulation players, we're not complaining, the Arcade bunch are, we're totally fine here, and we're loving it. The "simulation" experience we have is that we abide by rules of the road, by TMP rules and most importantly we don't bother fellow drivers. As said above, we play the game how it's supposed to be played. You fail to discern that this was done not to just balance the servers and the opposing sides, but to also drastically decrease the number of filed reports by throwing the cocaine-influenced drivers into their own dimension where they can eat each other alive and call themselves names in their own distinct languages while running red lights, so that the peaceful and remarkably calm simulation drivers can have their peace. Hence why the collision and speed limit are disabled on the Arcade servers, meaning there'll be a significant decrease in reports per day.

I should tell you the same, why not play singleplayer with mods that clear out AI traffic so you can have your own fun? See my point here? We all get to play TMP, with our own separate servers suitable for both players on either side of the fence, or we don't play at all. The problem I see here is that the Arcade bunch want to root the Simulation bunch out, and I don't see why they want that. Two different types of players that can't be together, so when they have their separate respective servers, either of them complains, isn't that absurd?

Let me do this real quick for you and others, since words are quite complicated to apprehend:

Separate servers: fewer reports, fewer douchebags on the road.

Shared servers: more reports, more douchebags on the road. And... the tables turn and the Simulation players complain about the presence of the Arcade players.

23 minutes ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

Or be an admin with 160 km/h now.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761145864ebb10de476ef3

You said it, an admin. That's like someone complaining why cops run red lights when they're code 3.

• Like 1
  • HaulieCry 2
  • True Story 1

21 minutes ago, Odion said:

I'm certain the players who wish to play and drive properly are not just 5% of the playerbase. 

Perhaps they can enable collision on one of the arcade servers in the future, so you can drive reckless without any consequences. But, the players in the simulator servers are not your toy to play with. They do not want to be crashed into by your reckless driving. They do not want you to ruin their experience. That is something you have to understand. 

if you really must crash into someone, do it with a friend somewhere where nobody drives on Simulator #2. Seems like there's nobody in northmost point of Finland, or southmost point of Hungary. Or Italy even. Just don't do it to other players, they are not there to satisfy your need to drive reckless and crash into them. 

• Like 1

SHeDTix.png

15 minutes ago, xenophobia said:

You said it, an admin. That's like someone complaining why cops run red lights when they're code 3.

I just played TMP for 7 months but I never saw an admin passing a traffic jam to solve the problem.

And then I see in the chat: "Player X was kicked." without an nearby admin and the traffic goes on.

I love mysteries.

47 minutes ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

I just played TMP for 7 months but I never saw an admin passing a traffic jam to solve the problem.

And then I see in the chat: "Player X was kicked." without an nearby admin and the traffic goes on.

I love mysteries.

They use free cam as its easier & plus they can switch between live & reports on the fly, i have never seen an admin drive through traffic to a situation outside the events. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

I love mysteries.

You missed my point. It's an admin privilege, a prerogative for being a member of the staff team. They may or may not use it depending on a number of factors, but it remains a prerogative.

• HaulieLove 1

• Business Analyst

I love how the same group of people are continuing the repetitive discussion that resulted in the closure of the Road to Simulation topic. 

Several staff members have already replied to a number of 'arguments' against these latest developments, yet some people seem not to listen and just repeat themselves over and over again. Don't repeat yourself. It's not only repetitive, it's redundant, and people have heard it before. There is no innovation without failure and every new update obviously has its pros and cons, but then again, it's easy to criticize other people's work when you're not the one doing it.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieCry 1
  • True Story 1

2 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

@megadethsteve666how you like to play singleplayer is completely up to you, since you are alone and the only one who matters in your game is yourself. Whether you want a more realistic simulation or a unrealistic simulation, as you can play both in ETS2 and ATS.

However, when you play multiplayer, it is not just about you. That is why you need to play by the same rules everyone has to play by. If you do not like those rules, then you don't have to play, or more importantly, you don't get to play as you would end up banned. But, fortunate for you, TruckersMP also offers servers where you may drive however you like. Where you may still drive with other players, at the same time as you can play however you like. 

The thing I don't think you understand is that the servers related to the "Road to Simulator" changes are literally called Simulator 1 and Simulator 2. Where you are supposed to drive by the book the best you can to create the best experience for those that want to follow traffic rules and laws. If that is not for you, then you are very much welcome to play on the Arcade servers where your preferred playstyle does not ruin the gameplay of many others. The players who drives properly on the Simulator servers does not ruin the experience of other players other than them having to slow down to match their speed, but that is okay, because this is a multiplayer driving simulator mod, so obviously there are going to be traffic. And again, if you do not like traffic, you are more than welcome to play on the Arcade servers where you may skip traffic by playing in non-collision. But, the Sim 1 and Sim 2 servers still offers some unrealistic gameplay, for example you may drive 110km/h, you may run through red traffic light as long as you yield for those who have a green, you may overtake over straight lines, and many more things that you normally would not be allowed to do in real life. Again, if that does not your playstyle, then you may still play the mod the way you like, on the Arcade servers. 

The thing is, they have listened. They have listened to both parts of the community. Those that want to have a simulator-like experience have the Simulator servers, and those that want to drive and complete jobs fast got their Arcade servers. What exactly is the problem here? 

@Odion It's either or. Either play as a simulation, aka real life, or not. And on the simulator servers you play as if it's real life. And on the arcade servers you can play however you like. So what is stopping you from playing on the Arcade servers? 

Singleplayer or not, it’s still a game, as long as you are not breaking the rules, I.e, not ramming people, not being useless traffic, not driving the wrong way, not excessively save editing to the point that your hit box is 2 lanes wide, not impersonating an admin etc etc, that does not mean you HAVE to play like it’s a 1:1 ratio against the real world.

Like I’ve said before, an im getting tired of saying, every player who joins TMP should NOT have to play in 1 of 2 playstyles, people should be allowed to play how they want, WITHIN REASON, if you want to play 100% realistically, go ahead, you want to play semi realistically, meaning you follow all road rules, except speed limits, you should be allowed to, want to play as if it’s nfs, go ahead, there’s arcade servers for you, currently, it’s a case of, either you play 100% legit or you play like it’s nfs, those who play in the middle are the ones, like me, who are being messed with. 

Like me I said before, just because you want to do 30-50 mph on every road, doesn’t mean everyone else wants to, multiplayer, is MULTI player. It’s not a case of “one size fits all”, at least it shouldn’t be, 

Also, please refrain from thinking I personally ruin other people’s gameplay or have no intention of giving any respect towards other players, because you are 110% wrong, just because I like to play casually and drive faster than the speed limit when road conditions allow, does not mean I’m out to ram every person or can’t keep control of my vehicle. Not to mention, telling someone “if the sim servers aren’t your playstyle, go play arcade” is the height of rudeness because people should be allowed to do what they want, not what someone else thinks they should do. 

Like ive said before, yet again, having a server that’s dedicated to those who want to play 100% like real life is fine, having a server for those who only bought ETS2 so they could mimic Need for Speed, they have a server, that’s fine, but there is a vast number of people within this community or would like a mix of both servers, it’s not about, oh you want to go and cause trouble, not at all, it’s about being able to enjoy the game for what it is and still feel like you are responsible for your actions.

The problem people have is that unless you want to play like a real HGV driver, you’re stuck with a dead no Collide server, that’s the problem, as I keep saying, there are more than 2 ways to play ETS2 and ATS, it cant be made any more simple than that.

The thing that bugs me the most is people who feel they are obligated to try and ram down people’s throats that ETS2 and ATS should be driven like real life, as I said before, the games are not designed to be 100% realistic, for starters you can’t get out of your truck and do anything by hand, you have no physical damage or dirt, you don’t need to apply for a license or fill out manifests and legal driving documents, you don’t have to take mandatory breaks every few hours by law, you don’t have to deal with break downs or tires blowing out or loads shifting, you don’t have to deal with adverse weather conditions or have to consider winds while driving certain loads around, the list goes on and on, hence why ETS2 and ATS are deemed “casual simulators” because they are semi realistic, but can be played casually by any person from any place in the world.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

So far i have seen the same argument on both road to sim topics and the same conclusion i keep coming to is this:  This is TMP's mod. It is not a democracy. At the end of the day, it is theirs to change all they want whether we like it or not. It is YOUR choice to keep playing. If you don't like the changes, quit playing THEIR mod. It is really quite simple. Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.

1 hour ago, Jeronimeau said:

I love how the same group of people are continuing the repetitive discussion that resulted in the closure of the Road to Simulation topic. 

Several staff members have already replied to a number of 'arguments' against these latest developments, yet some people seem not to listen and just repeat themselves over and over again. Don't repeat yourself. It's not only repetitive, it's redundant, and people have heard it before. There is no innovation without failure and every new update obviously has its pros and cons, but then again, it's easy to criticize other people's work when you're not the one doing it.

Let's hope we don't need another 38 pages before someone decides to lock this one. I honestly think that these announcement topics should not be open for discussion, seeing as they always end up the same, a loop about how bad - no, good - no, bad - no, good... it is whatever was changed. It would be a lot more practical to put the announcement as locked to comments and whoever wants to show disagreement or give their ideas for improvements could use the feedback system or the suggestions section.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1

Singleplayer or not, it’s still a game, as long as you are not breaking the rules, I.e, not ramming people, not being useless traffic, not driving the wrong way, not excessively save editing to the point that your hit box is 2 lanes wide, not impersonating an admin etc etc, that does not mean you HAVE to play like it’s a 1:1 ratio against the real world.

Like I’ve said before, an im getting tired of saying, every player who joins TMP should NOT have to play in 1 of 2 playstyles, people should be allowed to play how they want, WITHIN REASON, if you want to play 100% realistically, go ahead, you want to play semi realistically, meaning you follow all road rules, except speed limits, you should be allowed to, want to play as if it’s nfs, go ahead, there’s arcade servers for you, currently, it’s a case of, either you play 100% legit or you play like it’s nfs, those who play in the middle are the ones, like me, who are being messed with. 

Like me I said before, just because you want to do 30-50 mph on every road, doesn’t mean everyone else wants to, multiplayer, is MULTI player. It’s not a case of “one size fits all”, at least it shouldn’t be, 

Also, please refrain from thinking I personally ruin other people’s gameplay or have no intention of giving any respect towards other players, because you are 110% wrong, just because I like to play casually and drive faster than the speed limit when road conditions allow, does not mean I’m out to ram every person or can’t keep control of my vehicle. Not to mention, telling someone “if the sim servers aren’t your playstyle, go play arcade” is the height of rudeness because people should be allowed to do what they want, not what someone else thinks they should do. 

Like ive said before, yet again, having a server that’s dedicated to those who want to play 100% like real life is fine, having a server for those who only bought ETS2 so they could mimic Need for Speed, they have a server, that’s fine, but there is a vast number of people within this community or would like a mix of both servers, it’s not about, oh you want to go and cause trouble, not at all, it’s about being able to enjoy the game for what it is and still feel like you are responsible for your actions.

The problem people have is that unless you want to play like a real HGV driver, you’re stuck with a dead no Collide server, that’s the problem, as I keep saying, there are more than 2 ways to play ETS2 and ATS, it cant be made any more simple than that.

The thing that bugs me the most is people who feel they are obligated to try and ram down people’s throats that ETS2 and ATS should be driven like real life, as I said before, the games are not designed to be 100% realistic, for starters you can’t get out of your truck and do anything by hand, you have no physical damage or dirt, you don’t need to apply for a license or fill out manifests and legal driving documents, you don’t have to take mandatory breaks every few hours by law, you don’t have to deal with break downs or tires blowing out or loads shifting, you don’t have to deal with adverse weather conditions or have to consider winds while driving certain loads around, the list goes on and on, hence why ETS2 and ATS are deemed “casual simulators” because they are semi realistic, but can be played casually by any person from any place in the world.

Can you tell me exactly what you wish to do on the Simulator servers that you can't do? Wanting to go over 110km/h is one thing, but what else? 

SHeDTix.png

1 hour ago, xenophobia said:

You missed my point. It's an admin privilege, a prerogative for being a member of the staff team. They may or may not use it depending on a number of factors, but it remains a prerogative.

Hm. For a few posts you said, that this is not a racing game. When we want to race, we have go to a arcade server.

Admins want a "Road to Simulation" and reduced speed limit from 150 to 110 km/h and  nearly at the same time admins raised speed limit for themselves AS A PRIVILEGE to 160 km/h.

But for us there wont be an arcade server with the old #EU2-Settings, so every idiot stay on Sim1 and destroy the gameplay for every roleplayer as I posted here: 

It is absolutly ok for me. I had my fun here for 6 months, with a special thanks to Logitech and their squeezing steering wheel (with warrenty I played with steering wheel for free).

I decided to quit here.

12 minutes ago, weezy said:

One valid reason, please.

Someone of your team said, that TMP is listening.

Thanks for this demonstration of ignorance.

*edit* If the reason to save role-players from idiots is not a valid reason, we don't need to talk further.

• Project Manager

Hello everyone,

Due to the nature of some of the discussion and replies sent here, this thread has now been locked to further replies.

Any feedback, comments, questions or suggestions about the simulation changes can be directed in a feedback ticket, at https://truckersmp.com/feedback and a member from the upper staff can address your query.

Thanks for your understanding :)

• Thanks 14
  • Haha 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • Confused 4

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

• Luna locked this topic
  • 2 years later...