Road to Simulation #2

marco6158

23 hours ago, marco6158 said:

Lastly, we have made some small changes to the speed limiter. Staff members that have Game Moderation permissions have had their speed limiter raised to 160 km/h (100 mph) in order to let them fulfill their duties in the best way possible.

Happy Trucking,
The Game Management

View post on homepage

I thought that players can't control their vehicles at high speed, what was the reason for the "Road to simulation"-Changes.

O.o

I pretty much support the harsher ban provided that the admins can maintain their professionalism at all time.

However I feel really worrying to some of the either former or current team members' attitude in replying those against the RTS change where a staff member is supposed to be in a mature manner, being calm and polite in conflict but the stone cold text from some of them sounds somehow different to the expectation.

Anyway...  good luck in future.  You have kicked at least 1500 daily trolls already.

1 hour ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

I thought that players can't control their vehicles at high speed, what was the reason for the "Road to simulation"-Changes.

Correct, hence why only staff members with Game Moderating permissions can drive faster. Thanks for your support!

As a short answer to everyone else who is unhappy with the changes mentioned in this topic and with the speed limiter, we'll have to reiterate again: we do not have any plan to revert the simulation changes for multiple reasons stated in our first topic. Additionally, I have read some players' concerns in here and if you're a safe driver and respect people around you like you'd do in real life, you won't have to worry the slightest bit about the aforementioned changes. If some happen to violate rules, there's a valid reason to be worried, but that's the point of this change after all. Convince players to respect others to stimulate a more mature community and driving behaviour.

This said, I hope that everyone will give constructive criticism on the topic mentioned in the first post if needed, but everything must be done according to our rules. We'd rather avoid locking this topic due to the excessive flaming and unpleasant reactions towards the changes we made to our services. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • HaulieCry 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • Woah! 1

7 minutes ago, marco6158 said:

Correct, hence why only staff members with Game Moderating permissions can drive faster. Thanks for your support!

I had fun for 6 Months until the changes came.

I really hoped that with this news you bring the old #EU2-settings on one lower arcade server with 2200 slots.

But instead of this you raised your own speed limit to unnormal 160 km/h where you should know that a skoda is very hard to control with this limit.

A little brake could make it to an uncontrolable vehicle.

I know that admins never would go reckless and only use this high speed on empty roads, or a little more speed then 110 km/h on busy roads when no one is near you.

Exactly this point I tried to explain on the last Road-to-Simulation-Thread.

And on this point you become more unsympathetic then the last news. You give a damn on your own community.

With a 2200 slots arcade server with #EU2-settings no one could say against this.

The simulation guys have their biggest server with 4200 slots and less idiots, because most of them would go to the arcade server.

We arcade players have our higher speed limit but not the biggest server.

And who really wanna go with no speed limit have another arcade server but without collisions.

Everyone would be happy.

But no. Please don't make everyone happy.

Infinite Truckers shouldn't start their new Multiplayer with empty servers because truckersMP reacting and give servers for each type of players.

I wish you good look in future. I am going back to Middle Earth, to Lord of the Rings online, which I paused for 6 months because of TruckersMP.

On 8/7/2019 at 5:51 PM, Speedy_TMP said:

Hello kazantip36

Reducing the speed limiter was a good thing for the community as a whole, trucks were not designed to drive around at 150kmph everywhere The fact that having this speed limit was abused by a small number of people within the community caused issues for everyone as a whole. Like the title says we are trying to get back to Simulation and with that 110kmph is more than enough for a truck to have. The whole reason for these changes is to improve our mod and get people enjoying a truck simulator experience with their friends and VTC's.

There is always going to be people that lag or have connection issues ScaniaFan89 and with that users must make sure they are giving enough space between themselves and the truck in front anticipate what could possibly happen. Accidents with people will happen however if the truck behind can see the truck in front lagging and does not give enough room between i.e tailgating the truck in front and it causes an accident then it is the user behind the lagging truck that is being reckless.

I understand your purpose, but also you understand that because of your update adequate players who had no bans because of exceeding of speed suffer. Your mod is based on the game itself ETS2, where there is no speed limit, cars can drive at maximum. But why do you go away from the game and create your own rules? Arcade server is not something we always played with friends on mostly without breaking. But also now because of the restrictions there is no difference in cars. daf, man, volvo and others, what is their difference now except the names? you can easily remove it on some models of the same brand and leave one, economy cars killed ( and the game it is based on the machines) why earn money for a powerful car, if you limit my movement on it? p.s. sorry for my English, don't speak it.

\\Is it really impossible to issue a speed limit to those who receive bans? It will be motivation not to break rules for everyone. In real life, people always exceed the speed and more than 110, this is normal ( including trucks without trailers, this is normal) they do not have any limiter for speeding and we get fines

• Thanks 2

I am really happy with the changes regarding bans and punishments on the Simulator server. It is something I've wanted for a while because I think that will truly reduce the chaos that sometimes occur. Really curious how it will look in a month or so when these bad players/trolls are banned from the server. 

Although, if it continues to be an issue. Especially on busy roads, then I'd suggest reducing the speed limit even further on these busy roads specifically. Like 90km/h max on Calais - Duisburg, but 110km/h on less busy roads. That might even reduce the high population on Calais - Duisburg and push the players outwards or to another road. 

SHeDTix.png

3 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

I am really happy with the changes regarding bans and punishments on the Simulator server. It is something I've wanted for a while because I think that will truly reduce the chaos that sometimes occur. Really curious how it will look in a month or so when these bad players/trolls are banned from the server. 

Although, if it continues to be an issue. Especially on busy roads, then I'd suggest reducing the speed limit even further on these busy roads specifically. Like 90km/h max on Calais - Duisburg, but 110km/h on less busy roads. That might even reduce the high population on Calais - Duisburg and push the players outwards or to another road. 

Not really, its already clearly proven that lowering the limit makes the idiots more reckless....." hey lets lower it to 30mph & force everyone to have 310hp " i'd rather watch paint dry! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, for my I’m all for tougher punishments on specific incidents, I mean, there’s no sense in permanent banning someone for minor offences, offences that don’t do harm to others or are purely by accident.

My fear is, is that all it takes is a trigger happy admin to start abusing the tougher rules by insta banning people for things that don’t need that sort of excessive punishment, all that will do is deter more normal drivers away from wanting to play TMP, yet the people that the rules are supposed to deter just carry on causing problems over and over again. 

The issue with with this new concept is that, although it may get rid of a lot of trolls who are physically seen by an admin, but there will still be trolls who cause problems either when there’s no admin online or in areas that admins do t regularly check, that allows the trolls to spend however long it takes for someone to record them, make a web report and to have that report claimed and reviewed, which might take a few hours, but most likely will take a few days if not weeks, thus making stricter punishments, in that sense, null and void.

Furthermore, it’s extremely difficult to tell what can be deemed intentional and what can be deemed an accident, it’s next to impossible, so essentially people will drive in TMP constantly worrying about if something happens and they end up accidentally running into someone, even though they have no intention to cause harm to anyone, they can be potentially banned under the new rules.

Like I said in the previous Road to Simulation, there’s more than one cause of most issues seen on the servers, but at there are a lot of different options open in terms of solutions to said problems, you can’t expect that the most obvious solution to be the one that solves everything.

Sometimes  it’s better to go back to the drawing board and tackle the problems from a better position, especially when you are in charge of a MULTIplayer mod, a mod that, for years, has had a fairly positive community, and that’s the thing, TMP is just that, a community, and with a community, compromise is the name of the game, it should always be about the WHOLE community and what they want, it’s all about keeping the vast majority of people happy.

At the moment there really isn’t any definition on what TMP is anymore, the servers are a mess, at least before the changes there was a safe place for those who wanted to play hardcore simulation mod and be left in peace for the most part, now where can they go? Sim 1 is just a renamed EU2, sim2 is like an overspill from sim 1, it’s not quite as crazy, but it still has the same issues, then there’s the arcade server which barely ever break a few hundred players total during an average day, kinda shows that people don’t like the idea of having no Collide.

i mean, if staff have the attitude of “were not ever going to change the server rules back” well then enjoy having the exact same problems you’ve had since 2014 because all we have done is gone full circle back to the start of TMP again,.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

In the eventuality the Game Management thinks that a user joins TruckersMP with the sole purpose to violate our rules, the usual history workflow will be bypassed and the ban length will be at the Game Management's discretion, where permanent bans could be issued regardless of how many bans one player has had.

I dislike trolls as much as everyone else but considering the abuse of power I've seen from some admins this has me worried.

• True Story 10

This is not directly related to this update, only with this topic in general. I just want say my current experience. I made Good Year event, so I dont ride single or Arcade server, but I tried Simulation server 1, because Wotr deliveries are max 90kmh, so why not. I expect finally game with more people, good enviroment and nice playing as TMP write every time in their news. I made event and then I stay there and made another 15-20 jobs as standard delivery because I like populated area more than empty road. And I was horrified, so many rammers, people who blocking road and drivers who levitating between left and right side of the road in 30kmh speed, and You can nothing do with this, because there is speed restriction 110kmh. You can just stop and wait, be rammed, or cancel delivery and jump to other city etc. You cant speed up and avoid this people. On old EU2 server I never saw this so much (in the same time period). And of course I ignore alibist argument of C-D road. Everyone who want good game and have brain never went there and he was good. I mean all other places and rest of huge map. That convinced me, that now sim servers are full bad players, who take advantage of current setting of servers and they are hiding here. And they don't want to be seen, so they dont want enabled higer speed or return to setting before Jun 2019...and they say stubbornly how great it is now etc. Good player had not problem overtake and stay in the line. These bad players apparently have. I dont know, if TMP team this even know, or is this made on purpose, it was just a terrible experience and never more.

Arcad servers are golden compared to sim servers, non colision zone is annoying, but gaming there is boring especially because a few people there. Old EU2 server had advantage, that connect both group players and if good player dont care about bad players, he can easily avoide them. 99 from 100 jobs I had no problem and game was good and fun.

So now TMP for many people is unplayable. And it is shame, because so much effort and work whole TMP team and developers, which I appreciate anyhow.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 2

Hope that TMP will roll out AI traffic as a client for a small audience with slots well 10 people. What will raise TMP most of the community players do not play this mod because the bad rules are built and a bunch of idiots. And no desire to play with such as a rule, attempt to increase the period of bans on hand-you can't play nobody.! But if you release the client as a room will add a lot of players, also the client should be able to use the modification of the card, tuning,and everything else that will give a full + TMP and no longer any server will not be needed for trolls will simply do not care, because players play in a closed session

• Like 3

jXsthSF.gifybM5BmY.gif

On 8/7/2019 at 6:52 PM, Nameless Ghoul said:

@TheDuckThatFloats You wouldn't know what Game Mod entails completely unless you've done it. How hard can it be you ask? Sometimes there can be 3000+ web reports on the site with 100's of game reports being submitted everyday.

Do you really wonder why there are so many web-reports?

The report system is stupid.

If you write a report and this will be accepted you can now write a new report +1 additional report.

The more accepted reports the more reports you can send.

And on one day you can write the stupidest web-report like this where nothing really happens.

And the guy got a ban ^^

You're making more work for yourself instead of set the focus to the important things.

Reduce the limit to 20 report that we have to decide who really deserved a ban.

15 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Not really, its already clearly proven that lowering the limit makes the idiots more reckless....." hey lets lower it to 30mph & force everyone to have 310hp " i'd rather watch paint dry! 

Most of the complaints I've seen from players wanting to drive fast are those that wish to drive quickly on big highways that are usually empty. And I don't exactly disagree with them. If they lost control, they will most certainty not harm anyone else. Driving fast on Calais - Duisburg and other very populated roads is whole different story, if they lose control they will most likely cause harm to someone else. I've also noticed now with the current settings that if you drive around 100km/h, players will almost never overtake you, because they have bad odds and they know that. It would probably be the same if specific busy roads got 90km/h speedlimit. As well as players wanting to go fast will not do so on these busy roads, such as Calais - Duisburg, and drive elsewhere. Which is something TruckersMP really needs. They need to push the players away from Calais - Duisburg with reasonable limitations. 

SHeDTix.png

56 minutes ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

And on one day you can write the stupidest web-report like this where nothing really happens.

And the guy got a ban ^^

You're making more work for yourself instead of set the focus to the important things.

By looking at your profile you're reporting a lot of players yourself so I don't see the point of your complaint at all, if there's one. You seem to be enjoying the reporting system to the fullest.

The "stupid" report you sent in was accepted because the user violated rules, you wouldn't have reported him otherwise, would you? This mod works both ways: we do all that's possible to ensure everything goes smoothly and the way we want it done, but at the same time we expect players to create reports to improve the experience and get bad people out. No community works where staff does all the work and players do nothing to make it better, here at TruckersMP it's no different.

Everyone who violates our rules badly enough deserves and will get a ban. We don't hide that we will indeed go hard on people who intentionally fail to follow our rules or violate them due to careless driving and lack of respect towards other players and we will use any means we can use to stop unwanted people from not joining our servers and everyone who follow rules should only be glad about this fact.

Then, yet again, we've been doing this role for years, we train staff to do their jobs and our Game Moderators will know when something deserves a longer punishment or not (reads: differentiation between accidental, negligence and intentional), players don't need to worry at all about that. Should a wrong ban be applied, since it can happen and will happen, use the features we provide to sort out these issues and you'll be good. I won't comment on hypothetical power abuses and absurd bans, we look at facts, when and if they will happen.

Thanks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • Confused 1
  • Woah! 1

2 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

Do you really wonder why there are so many web-reports?

The report system is stupid.

If you write a report and this will be accepted you can now write a new report +1 additional report.

The more accepted reports the more reports you can send.

And the guy got a ban ^^

It could be very simple but instead the TruckersMP responsible staff thinks too complicated.

I already posted here about an idea where collisions deactivating when you drive faster than 50km/h or even 110km/h and when you drive less than the 2 speed values then collisions activating automatically.

This would stop many, many accidents on road. And an additional idea would be to activate no collisions for players who stay and who are not moving for longer than 10 seconds. This would also reduce blocked roads as well.

I really belive and think that this would be more effective than any strict rules, reports, bans or whatsoever.

@Greenfox According to your idea we would inevitably see people driving through each others in all servers and intentionally trolling other players with the ghost mode by slowing down and speeding up triggering the ghost mode to be enabled and disabled constantly. Without considering all the unattentive players that would be totally unaware of their ghost mode and drive through or against other players.

Same goes for the ghost mode to prevent blocking, to counter that I could just drive back and forth a road by going 2 km/h and still be able to avoid the kick for hours, or I'd get kicked while sitting at traffic lights, for stopping to refuel or simply parking for a few minutes.

As I said above, we are very well aware of what we do and it's likely that if we haven't done an idea you might have, it's because we already thought about it years ago and fully know it won't work as it should. Even then, we're open to suggestions but post them in the appropriate places if you want them to be listened at and most of all, do start to think that TruckersMP staff members are not here spending our free time to annoy people and intentionally overcomplicating things, but doing stuff according to accurate analysis of our data, from bans, to reports and usual driving behaviour.

I often have to find myself to say that when TruckersMP provides all these services for free (forums, support, servers, feedback, knowledge base system, events, ...) it is extremely unpleasant to us to be considered as scatterbrained people that do stuff with barely any cognition of how stuff works. And despite all that, look at the effort the whole team makes to make everything run: you spend your free time to play, we spend our free time to ensure you can play. A suggestion for many people that will always be useful for everyone is to be openminded and be able to see the bigger picture and not only see what matters for yourself or a closed circle of people.

• Like 6
  • True Story 2

@marco6158 Is the idea behind this to go back to when it was 2 servers with the game default 56mph active? Will the Skoda be locked to admins only given the speed limit change for staff? i would expect servers to be shut down to save costs due to lack of usage because really you just need two ( one for sim & the other for arcade ) & leave the other two as event servers or backups ( in standby to save £££ ), cost has to be in there somewhere! Am i on the right frequency?

• Like 3

On 8/7/2019 at 4:36 PM, marco6158 said:

Staff members that have Game Moderation permissions have had their speed limiter raised to 160 km/h (100 mph)

Sorry, but restrained.

This step was 100% expected. I wanted to buy all the DLS completely to play online, but you showed that there is no need for this, just as it is not advisable to buy ATS. Continue to bend your hypocritical line, success is inevitable as evidenced by the online schedule and the missing queues on the former EU2 server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2