Road to Simulation #2

marco6158

16 minutes ago, kazantip36 said:

When you realize that your speed limit you killed the desire to play in the proportion of adequate players who played on their own. I propose to make a change to the following plan, remove the speed limit completely and issue it only to those who receive bans. Why should adequate players suffer because of others? I have this style of play, if there is no one on the roads, I always scored up to 150 km, I have little time for the game and want to perform as many orders. Yes, thank you that you discouraged me from playing your mod and I did not come with it after a terrible update in the history of fashion, but sooner or later you will realize your mistake.

For people like you, the Arcade Servers were implemented. If you want to go fast, TMP allows you to go even above 150 kph now, you should be thankful for that. So no proposal is needed ;) 

And this goes to everyone out there who is upset with this update, if you're afraid of being banned, Arcade Servers are the place for you since less rules apply there, and you can go as fast as you like.

Or just maybe, there is a reason why you're afraid of being banned, perhaps you could work on your driving. Don't be mad at others when you take a risk and get the punishment for it.

26 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

So if you hit someone by accident & say sorry you get 14 days, they have no way of knowing if it was intentional or accidental so i can see that being abused to get people off the servers. Staff can go 100mph, why when they have free cam & the event servers have no limit anyway AFAIK......Won't stop people ban evading or hacking will it. basically everyone could get a perm ban because they nudged someone by accident now :thinking:

That is not true, they do have a way of knowing it, it is most of the time fairly obvious, even if you as a player cannot see that. And if it is not, they will be given the benefit of the doubt. I see you have little faith in the Game Management, who are according to this update the only ones that can decide whether a player gets a permanent ban, but I can assure you, they know what they are doing, and they know why they increased the speed limit for Game Moderation staff.

Also I would like to point out that saying sorry does not mean you are not getting banned. If someone drives recklessly, rams 10 players, says sorry to them but continues to drive recklessly, I'm sure you'll agree that a ban must be issued. An honest mistake in a single situation however is less likely to be punished or will be punished lightly. And yes, in most cases a Game Moderator can tell what the situation is.

For me personally, I vouched for everything in this update before and it's a great step in my opinion. My respect to the Game Managers (and of course the rest of the team) for their everlasting efforts to improve the experience for the players.

• Upvote 3
  • HaulieCry 1
  • Confused 1

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

17 minutes ago, SgtBreadStick said:

Why would the speed limiter need to be raised for GAME MODERATORS only, seriously guys...

Listen to the community, not yourselves!

We have listened and will continue to listen. Simulation changes remain and that includes the speed limiters as they are currently set. Game Moderators have different rules internally - and a job to carry out - and therefore have different speed limiters. I also find the "listen to yourselves" quite a naive comment to make considering every change, even those changes that are done internally, and done to improve the experience for our community.

I also have the mention that fact that the vast majority of people are supportive and happy with the changes. It is a very small minority who fail to realise what the project stands for and are neglecting to adapt to what should have been done long ago.

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

@TheDuckThatFloats You wouldn't know what Game Mod entails completely unless you've done it. How hard can it be you ask? Sometimes there can be 3000+ web reports on the site with 100's of game reports being submitted everyday. GM's are volunteers and have mostly full-time jobs or studies. Now the reason for the high demand and slow responses is because of people causing petty little rule breaks because they can. The updates here might not please everyone but we're making it so we can answer those valid reports that we miss in-game or answer those urgent extreme web reports sooner and not have to deal with speeder causing crashes, ramming etc.

Now in response to the video you have to understand (As an ex-GMTL myself) GM's see a cluster of names at places like that. ID's get mixed to other names and you can end up kicking the wrong person. It happens. Now we could say drive somewhere else where it isn't going to get you confused with other players but that would be harsh so we're updating our servers to stop places like that being so reckless and disorganised servers and then you all still complain.

Back in 2014, TMP was a safe gaming environment where people we're scared to not indicate. People we're worried about lane switching and cutting people off. Now look at it people don't care about anyone else on the road. 

We're getting rid of those people for you all free of charge. If anything, we're going back to some stricter rules like in 2014. 

So I ask all of you to give these changes the chance to shine over time. See the lack of trolls and rammers etc.

Just do it, push yourselves. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

7 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

@TheDuckThatFloats You wouldn't know what Game Mod entails completely unless you've done it. How hard can it be you ask? Sometimes there can be 3000+ web reports on the site with 100's of game reports being submitted everyday. GM's are volunteers and have mostly full-time jobs or studies. Now the reason for the high demand and slow responses is because of people causing petty little rule breaks because they can. The updates here might not please everyone but we're making it so we can answer those valid reports that we miss in-game or answer those urgent extreme web reports sooner and not have to deal with speeder causing crashes, ramming etc.

Now in response to the video you have to understand (As an ex-GMTL myself) GM's see a cluster of names at places like that. ID's get mixed to other names and you can end up kicking the wrong person. It happens. Now we could say drive somewhere else where it isn't going to get you confused with other players but that would be harsh so we're updating our servers to stop places like that being so reckless and disorganised servers and then you all still complain.

Back in 2014, TMP was a safe gaming environment where people we're scared to not indicate. People we're worried about lane switching and cutting people off. Now look at it people don't care about anyone else on the road. 

We're getting rid of those people for you all free of charge. If anything, we're going back to some stricter rules like in 2014. 

So I ask all of you to give these changes the chance to shine over time. See the lack of trolls and rammers etc.

Just do it, push yourselves. 

The thing is no matter what you do, they will still ban evade. The game itself with couple of dlcs become like 4-5 turkish liras in steamsales. And that 5 turkish liras is like almost a dollar or so.

Also it doesnt matter if it is a volunteer job or not. It still has a responsibility. Remember that us players also have full time jobs or studies. This is no diffrence. Some players care some not, some staff care some not. Also doesnt matter if letters add up so much, they still need to wait to see the id numbers clearly(you dont need to teach me things as everyone van see what moderator ui looks like in youtube, well this might be another example. We are not stupid. We know how things are and how it is) It is just annoying that a gm can get away with it while players cant. I have dropped reporting players as i dont care about tmp for weeks. And god knows how bad it became. Dont want to remind you the past event of some corrupted moderators that was leaked by a member of tmp. People know whats going on, some support tmp all the time blindly and some speak the truths...

It could be sooo simple...

If you drive more than 50km/h then your Truck/Scout activates the Ghost Car feature of the mod. 

If you drive less than 50km/h then your Truck/Scout deactivates the Ghost Car feature. 

Where is the problem? 

The arcade server should be removed and there should be just one main server with the same 50km/+/- Ghost Car ON/OFF option. 

No bans, no angry behavior, no frustration, no strikt rules needed.

Easy ;-)

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Hi I was driving in uk on ets2 and the speed limit is 60mph but mp speed is set to 56 mph If there going to to a "new Simulation 2" can we get the speed limiter set to 60mph please.  The national speed limit is 70 mph (112 km/h) on motorways, 70 mph (112 km/h) on dual carriageways, 60 mph (96 km/h) on single thats for UK.   The national speed limits for HGVs over 7.5 tonnes, travelling on a single carriageway increased from 40mph to 50mph. The speed limit for HGVs over 7.5 tonnes, travelling on dual carriageways increased from 50mph to 60mph.17 Apr 2015

Thanks

@TheDuckThatFloats

Are you really complaining about a Kick and writing these massive Story´s?

I guess you having other Problems than this, seriously!

A "Kick" is a KICK and not a BAN!

I see no reason in this Clip, to complain. It was your decision to go to the Duisburg Service. And i am pretty sure that was not the first time, that you´ve being there. And i am also sure that you playing long enough, to know which kind of Clusterf*censored* Duisburg and Calais is.

You waited patiencly for your turn, that speaks for you but then you were kicked. I say it again, it was your decision to being there, so you should be aware that a kick can happen. It can happen at any time any where on the map, due to Highping, being at the wrong place at the wrong time or because of an typo or missclick by an GM or by your mother or wife that kicks you from your chair!

I´m sorry to say, but this is in my opinion Mickey Mouse B*censored*t

And if you got banned, you can write an ban appeal! And yes, it takes maybe 2 Days till you got an Answer, because you are not the only One who writing an Appeal. But if your Ban wasn´t correct, it will be removed and deleted from your History! 

And Yes, it takes 1 -12 Days till your reports being claimed, because the GM  Job is a lot of work! What you seeing at the Streams, is not the full work that needs to be done. There is a lot of more and it takes many different Steps, till everything is correct!

The Ban Evading is another Problem, but to be honest, who cares? Just take 2 minutes and think about it! Any sold ATS/ETS2 + DLC means money for SCS. Money for SCS = New Content and some Content for Free for the Regular Players! ;)

Let them Buy a new Game, let them create a new Account! Player who only having the intention to troll other player will be sorted out, because they never change their behaviour and will be checked for ban evading sooner or later!

Player who made mistakes and need some Extra Lessons,  till they learned what "Rules" meaning, can get a second chance!

5 hours ago, marco6158 said:

Hello everyone,

As a continuation of the changes mentioned in the 1st Road to Simulation topic, today we're also letting you know of some internal changes that have been pushed recently inside the Game Moderation team. Our aim is to drastically reduce the amount of players that don't want to follow our rules and encourage everyone to move to a safer driving style and for this reason, we have made some relevant changes to how we issue bans.

The bans workflow mentioned in §2.8 - How bans are issued will be exactly the same, however we will issue harsher punishments on players that break our rules intentionally and commit violations due to negligence while driving. More specifically, if we believe that certain players are joining our servers solely to harm other players and restrict their freedom to drive peacefully, we will issue punishments that are no shorter than fourteen days.

In the eventuality the Game Management thinks that a user joins TruckersMP with the sole purpose to violate our rules, the usual history workflow will be bypassed and the ban length will be at the Game Management's discretion, where permanent bans could be issued regardless of how many bans one player has had.

While all this information might be scary to some, worry not, the only people that will be affected are those who have no interest to play our modification in the way it's meant to be played. This will clearly convince unattentive players to drive more carefully and will get bad players out of the servers quickly.

Lastly, we have made some small changes to the speed limiter. Staff members that have Game Moderation permissions have had their speed limiter raised to 160 km/h (100 mph) in order to let them fulfill their duties in the best way possible.

Happy Trucking,
The Game Management

View post on homepage

Instead of fixing bugs on ats (flying cargo) supporting kenworth truck trailer or even good year dlc for ets2, no just increasing the ban time!!! PLEASE START LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY NOT YOURSELVS

This is all irrelevant, ineffective posturing unless you take on enough moderators to deal with reports in a timely manner.

A 2 week ban doesn't matter to a troll if it takes you 10 days to deal with reports. Even 2 days is too long when they can be back on with a new account in 2 hours.

As it stands right now, your report systems, both in-game and on-site, are so overwhelmed that they are functionally irrelevant.

The only way you will ever make a dent in the amount of trolling going on is to get website reports handled consistently within 24 hours, and improve the ratio of in-game reports that are actually dealt with to 75%, instead of what is probably about 5% to 10% right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I am kind of worried there has been a massive surge of horrible players flat out refusing to play correctly as someone who has been on these servers since 2014 I wish to chime in that its more than just that a lot of these happen late nights when no mods are on, it has been an ongoing problem for sometime now. I can only imagine how much they have to do to deal with this, I am remaining optimistic in reduction of issues but behind all this layers an even bigger problem of some VTC companies just do not care most of these people always look at other as Superior and they as common peasant. The entirety also falls on a lot of mods abusing powers [and I have many evidence proof] of Mods crashing into players and banning them. I feel the people who run this Mod might need to make bigger changes.

On a side note may I point out as a female player there has been numerous time I have Been sexually harassed by both player and mods over the years and it has toned down some

but it still remains an issues that some male demographic feel threaten by a girl playing. I really hop that someone could work on these issues. I really love you guys but I hate to say its been very difficult to continue playing after so many years of dedication (in-game) I would hate to find out these issues continuing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W4chund said:

A "Kick" is a KICK and not a BAN!

So you're just telling us that it's COMPLETELY OK to be kicked for no proper reason. And that means you can get punished anytime just because a game moderator wants to punish somebody for no reason. It doesn't matter if it's a kick or a ban. IT'S A PUNISHMENT. WITH NO ACTUAL REASON.

• Upvote 4

i think those people that troll in Simulation server should get a permanent ban on those simulation servers as a consequence to their actions because as soon as the ban expires they will get back on trolling,

but if you prevent these trolls from coming back (i'm talking about these trolls that their sole purpose is to ruin other people's gaming experience ) you will make simulation servers a safer place. meanwhile they can access Arcade servers.

• Like 2