How do you feel about the speedlimiter in ATS?

[OBL] ProCal

Yay or Nay on Speedlimiter Changes for ATS  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe TMP should keep the speedlimiter to 81 MPH for ATS?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have a suggestion that is better worded in the comments.
  2. 2. Should TMP keep the speedlimiter as long as they add an arcade server for ATS?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have a suggestion that is better worded in the comments.
  3. 3. Should the speedlimiter be changed to something a bit higher or lower?

• Higher
    • Lower
    • 90 MPH
    • Leave it at 100 MPH

80mph speed limit for trucks are in Texas in real life

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, D1 KIWI said:

Do you actually play ATS? You literally just said ATS is just not as popular as ETS, so why fiddle with it? Why try to "fix" something that isn't broken? There is no need to change it at all, instead of people worrying about other people and "what could happen", why don't TMP worry about "WHAT IS HAPPENING" and monitor it?

Remove the bloody cars, that would be a great start! and to your other comment, "ATS Arcade will be coming soon" why is that not already here? Why has it got to this point and 50% of your ATS playerbase to crack it before you all put your tails between your legs and tell us your releasing one? BIASED! It should have already been added as soon as you changed the servers around. 

TMP really need to start thinking about the long run because the way I see it, its the TMP ADMINS that are only going to ruin it for themselves.
What ever happened to "We listen to our community!" xD What a joke that was haha.

Yes i play ATS. I own all the DLC for ATS. I said it was not as popular as ETS2 yes, but i never said we should not fiddle with it. We work hard on both games for this. Like we just had a special Operations on ATS. One of the best we have ever had. So we are doing things for ATS all the time. 

Why remove that cars? Do you actually believe that people would start playing ATS more if there was no cars? I dont think so. And if you think it will make trolls go away, that wont happen either. They will just move to a truck. Which hits way harder than the car.  All that i know is that an arcade server should be coming. Thats what i heard. No idea why it hasent yet. But i am sure it is being worked on.

But you see we are thinking about the long run. All these changes came because we wanted to think of this MP in the long run. And having people racing around with 150km/h it not the right direction. We have had plenty of feedback from people who wanted a more simulation oriented MP in the past, so we listened to the community. So thats what we did. And you do know that the angry people are always the most loud right? Because if you are happy about things you never take to the street to demonstrate right? Its always the unhappy that yell the most. And we know we have a lot of people out there that are happy about the changes. They just dont make posts on the forum about it. 

To me personally, the speedlimiter is good as it is now. As most of you probably already know, TruckersMP are heading towards more realistic servers with their 'Road to Simulation'.

If you aren't happy with the changes, you're free to leave MP and just play SP to go as fast as you probably can. The team of TMP do their best every day to make changes to their mod, and you can't always keep everyone satisfied. In this case, there are people who like to go 160km/h with their trucks, however, going about 90km/h would be more realistic and would cause less accidents.

I do support an Arcade server to be launched for ATS, however, due to a very low amount of people who play ATSMP, this probably will not happen anywhere soon. Servers do also cost money, and those which aren't used as much, can and will be used for other things like ETS2MP, where almost every server is full each and every day.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

The decision to lower the ETS2 and ATS speed limits across the board was was made due to the fact that speed is the #1 factor in the incidents we deal with on a daily basis. Those of us who have been on the TMP team for quite some time and deal with running this community day to day all agree on this. The changes were also made to bring the mod back in line with its original vision. For those who were actually here when this mod launched, you may remember that the layout was much different than is has been for some time, and how it is today.

3rd party services such as TrucksBook do not factor in our decision making. We are only concerned with what we can control. It's important to remember that both ETS2 and ATS are simulation games by default and they are designed to be approached from a simulation-minded standpoint. That means following road laws and road etiquette that you would follow in real life. The more people that adhere to these standards and respect each other on the road, the better the experience is for everyone.

If two users are involved in an incident and both of them are breaking a baseline set of rules which in this case are standard road laws that you see across the US, it's hard to make a solid decision on who is at fault. By following the rules and driving much like you would an actual HGV on an actual road, the better off you are in the case that you are unfairly hit or hard done by. This also makes our job easier and leads to far more solid decision making. Remember, just like with actual incidents if both parties are found at fault, both parties are adequately punished.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

"THE ROAD TO SIMULATION!" - How can you guys stick by this and expect no one to speak up? How on earth do you guys roll around screaming THE ROAD TO SIMULATION when there are still CARS IN A TRUCK SIMULATOR! You guys cant bend the rules to suit yourself, that's A. Not Fair & B. BIASED as hell!

My biggest argument with your really dumb solution is why is there still cars? If you want to push simulation and realism like you all so reckon then the first step would be to remove the cars from a "TRUCK SIMULATOR", you are literally contradicting yourselves with all this in 1 fowl swoop.

How can you try to address the simulation side when there are still cars? "Trolls will just get in trucks", isn't that what you introduced the limiter for? So there is no need for cars anymore? TMP NEED TO GET IN GAME AND MONITOR INSTEAD OF SITTING AT PHOENIX THROWING ADMIN CARDS AROUND!

TMP is just BIASED, admit it..

@RapterBlkDragon

I understand your concern, and that is also why I said I do support an Arcade server to be launched for ATSMP.

Insulting someone like you just did is not the correct way to react to someone, who only gave his personal opinion on a change on a forum. 

Whatever happens IRL in your town is unrelated to the changes TruckersMP makes to enforce realistic driving. In 99% of all places, speeds of over 85mph by trucks is not realistic and that probably is not the direction TruckersMP wants to go.

And by the way, there are many other ways to get banned ;)

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

In my opinion, most people and most of the issues people are complaining about right now with ATSMP would be easily resolved by just giving ATS an arcade server. Same way ETS2 got an arcade server.

In this way, the people that want to abide by speed limits and play closer to simulation version of the game can go on the simulation servers and those that want a more uncapped game similar to singleplayer can have their arcade server and go as fast as they like without the consequence of collisions.

Also the argument I keep hearing from a lot of TMP staff about not implementing such a server for ATSMP is because of server population and demand.

But that being said I still don't understand why ETS2MP needs to have 2 arcade servers with a max population of 2300 when I personally have yet to see a single one of the arcade servers reach anywhere near the 2300 max that is setup. I can understand the 2 simulation servers since those do get pretty filled though.

Capture.PNG

pilot cars are not the problem, it is the people driving them. yes it would be nice if people would use the pilot cars how they were intended, but i think that will never happen. so, ok remove them i guess if that is the only answer.

i do not mind a limited speed since it will affect everyone. it is the parts of the interstates near or running through a town/city where the posted limit will be something like 60-70mph, but then to hit that "city limit" of 45 (was 55). mainly thinking of areas like Dalles Oregon, the city limit kicks in miles before you even get there. then there are places like in New Mexico (i forget the city.) but you get about halfway into the town/city before the city limit kicks in. 

personally i think ATS should have an arcade server and that is where you 100mph fellas can run. btw that includes me as well. i like making speed runs myself and would prefer to be on an arcade server than running the risk on the Sim server, but till there is an arcade server then we all will just have to run that risk. anyone saying F that and wants to run 100mph on the regular sim server when there is an arcade server or  not wanting an arcade server for that is asking for it. 

on the whole i do not think a server limit is bad, but will agree that 81mph does feel a bit slow, but really it is not. i think people are just used to running 100mph, so yeah 80mph does feel "slow". lol 

I feel like people are angry because ATS servers are bone dry and you can literally drive a 3 lane interstate for hundreds of miles without seeing a single soul. Plus, people would use to time their speed so that they can travel at an uphill like the I-5 grapevine without going all the way down to below 50. With the speed cap it is not possible. In addition, that is why there are passing lanes. 99 percent of the time when someone goes too fast the only person they are harming is themselves because there is literally nobody else there. There is simply no equivalent of calais-duisburg in ATS. The only places that get a decent amount of traffic is the interstate between San Fran and LA but those are 3 lane interstates. Wide lanes, mind you. Plus in Nevada, triple trailers pass people at 90+ mph (real life)

Something else that needs to be pointed out. Here in Texas we have speed limits of 85 mph on some of our roads. Now i can't even go the real life speed limit in this game. Yes the game allows anyone who spends money drive that big rig however we all deal with consequences of our actions in this game just like in real life. IMHO TMP should relax the speed limit while raising the levels of repercussions for dangerous driving. 

I think it should be back to 100 mph or even no speed limit. ATS is just a dead place and ETS2 is just the superior game. There's no reason to have a speed limit where the roads are completely empty in most places. Maybe a city speed limit of 40 mph should be the only speed limit, but just please fix the bug where you're on a highway miles away from the city but the city speed limit still kicks in because that's annoying.

I am a professional driver, and my opinion is that there should not be a limiter in the simulation server.  A good compromise would be to allow the users and/or VTC's to set their own limits, as the real companies do.  That way companies who wish to limit their trucks can do so.  It is up to the driver to operate their equipment in accordance with the rules, and an enforcement protocol should be developed for fair gameplay.  The VTC I drive in tries to operate in a professional manner.  I do not think there is a need for limiters in the server.

I love Bob C thoughts. Add the limiter too the VTC owners to regulate.  I also believe 45 is just way too slow to be slowed down to on the freeway once you fit any town.  I also believe there should be a arcade server for ATS even if it is only 1 server. And the top speed really could be higher even if we as a VTC try not to break the 80 mph line due to real miles on Trucksbook.

2 hours ago, Bob C said:

I am a professional driver, and my opinion is that there should not be a limiter in the simulation server.  A good compromise would be to allow the users and/or VTC's to set their own limits, as the real companies do.  That way companies who wish to limit their trucks can do so.  It is up to the driver to operate their equipment in accordance with the rules, and an enforcement protocol should be developed for fair gameplay.  The VTC I drive in tries to operate in a professional manner.  I do not think there is a need for limiters in the server.

.I stricly follow speed limits,even the annoying 55mph in california.I understand what you are saying,on VTC's i think  is a good idea,but how about players that dont participate in one?  The biggest reason for the limits is because of that 1% os "players" that basically dont give a f$@$%# about rules or anybody playing.Sadly everybody has to suffer because of few selfish,arrogant people.

About the 45mph speed limit..i think is good but the "city zones" need to be reworked to eliminate the problem of roads/interstates cutting through cities

Drivers not participating in a VTC should be able to apply limiter to their preference, if they desire.  Otherwise, they would be unlimited.  The reduction in cities is just unrealistic, to be artificially limited to 45 on the Interstate is just the most immersion killing aspect of multiplayer.

Whether someone is racing or not is subjective, some might say 70 is racing, some might say 90 is too slow. I think everyone should respect everyone's opinion (including TruckersMP developers) and let others drive at their speed. If the speed is not the best one and you get involved in an accident it's each one responsibility to pay their punishments. Many players drive really fast but in a safe manner, others drive just fast and get in accidents, why the safer ones have (in a long run) to pay for the others' faults?

In my opinion, speed limiter should be variable on players, newer players and players with a bad history should have speed limiter for some time before they run without and limiter

it's not the cars that's the issue. It's 99% of the time the people who are driving the cars. I'm all for this speed limit change. As Jeff mentioned, speed is the main factor in most of the reports we go through day by day. 

Maybe if people would actually come our servers and act like they got some common sense and some type of maturity... Things would be a lot different. I can honestly say that half of the people that drive around in 

cars are there just to cause issues. People such as myself turn to this game as a getaway. People who use to drive and can't because of some medical issue holding them back. People come on this game to drive and 

enjoy the scenery with their friends. Taking away the ability to drive like a bat out of hell is one step closer to making the servers more enjoyable not only for us but also for everyone else. 

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

@XxB3AsTxX_TMP We've talked a little about being medically disqualified on your Twitch stream.  That's why I play TMP.  I miss the "brotherhood" of the road, and this game brings a little bit of that back.  I don't have a major problem with the 80MPH speed limiter because it will rarely, if ever, affect me.  I generally stay within 5 MPH of the speed limit.  What really irritates me, aside from people trying to say that a global artificial speed limiter is somehow realistic, is the 45MPH limiter on the interstates within city limits.  55 was bad enough, 45 is just unreasonable.  I haven't been on TMP since the first day that was enacted.  I'll try it again eventually, but not sure I'll stick around if that isn't somehow improved.

I mainly replied to say that I feel like you've been the most honest with us.  This statement here: 

Taking away the ability to drive like a bat out of hell is one step closer to making the servers more enjoyable not only for us but also for everyone else. 

That's totally true.  Thank you for not telling us it's more realistic, because it absolutely is not.  It may be an overall positive change, but it's most definitely taking TMP a step away from true simulation, and that's been my point all along.

Even though I do agree with the max speed limit of 80-81mph the dropping to 45 mph on interstates is not realistic at all the 55 mph tolerable. I have noticed that we as a whole that play ATS do not seem to have the problems with trolls and crashes that they have in EST2. With that being said and I think others would agree we need the speed limit set back to at least 55 on the interstates. The main thing about interstates and by-passes around cities was to not have to slow down for the speed limits in cities and losing valuable time. 45 mph is not realistic at all

Archived