How do you feel about the speedlimiter in ATS?

[OBL] ProCal

Yay or Nay on Speedlimiter Changes for ATS  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe TMP should keep the speedlimiter to 81 MPH for ATS?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have a suggestion that is better worded in the comments.
  2. 2. Should TMP keep the speedlimiter as long as they add an arcade server for ATS?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have a suggestion that is better worded in the comments.
  3. 3. Should the speedlimiter be changed to something a bit higher or lower?

• Higher
    • Lower
    • 90 MPH
    • Leave it at 100 MPH

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello TruckersMP dev team and Administrators, I am Cave Johnson CEO of Hammer Lane Express we have held the #1 spot in the world for race miles for quite some time. I’m expressing my concern on the recent changes with the server. I’m talking about the speed limit. to say they trucks don’t go over 80 in the real world, it’s laughable. Our Drivers In my company are not happy in the recent changes and we have over 80 people on trucks books and partnered with TruckStop Logistics a 100 member company. If you read this, we are requesting you revert back to a 100 MPH speed limit. It’s all we are asking.

-Sincerely Hammer Lane Express CEO Cave Johnson.

I don't see why a limiter at 81MPH is so bad, honestly. That's 130 km/h for me and that's plenty fast. While it is a game, we need to think about how many players we come across that legitimately do not know how to drive, or choose not to drive properly and safely. Do we really want an even faster speed limiter on highways? I can only foresee accidents because hurr durr people are rocketing around at 150 km/h and crashing into things and other players.

And yes, even though it's ATS, and the MP servers are bone-dry as far as player counts are concerned when compared to ETS2, we still need to take into considerations the repercussions of such a request.

but if thats the case why cant there be an arcade server for ATS like there is for ETS2 ... im fine with the speed limiter on some of the server(s) but i still want an arcade server where people like myself and so many others that dont wanna be speed capped can go and run our loads on there

and thats why theres admins for TMP ..if some idiot wants to wreck all the time and what not and cause them selves to be banned then thats their own damm fault they will be banned then

i still want an arcade server where people like myself and so many others that dont wanna be speed capped can go and run our loads on there

While that is very true, again, 130 km/h is still pretty fast for running deliveries. I can take a 2500 km trip and finish it in as little as 1.5-2 hours with that speed. 100 MPH is only 20 MPH (30 km/h) faster and maybe makes 5-10 real-time minutes' of a difference and can still bring about problems if you take a turn too quickly and run into a fence, off the road, tip over, etc.

As for admins, I don't think I've ever really seen any on ATS. Whether that be because they're in other areas of the map where I'm not, then it could be because of how little people play on those servers. So, even if someone was to break a rule or do something to hinder themselves or others while speeding, what are the chances that they will actually get punished?

If the limiter is not to be changed (which it honestly doesn't need to be), then an arcade server could at least be made for all the lead-footed folks to flock to.

I put down ETS2/ATS for the summer to focus on life and other things and man has the game experience I've came back to felt so real...in a bad way. I'm fine with MP becoming more "realistic" and "simulated" but knowing that in the beginning of TMP there was no max cap on speed or if there was it was 150kph. Then, we had the external loads come into play that had you go 90kph max. Now personally, if someone willingly chooses to go 90kph thats fine, but i want to go 140kph and get my loads done. But now, I have come back to another speed limiter of 110kph even if i disable the speed limited in game.

To be honest, the game that i put down in June does not feel the same as the one i pick up in August. The game i've come to know and love felt free and i got to experience the world at my pace. Now it feels like i'm forced into going slower.

If people want to drive like a real trucker on a server, thats fine just as long as the people like me have a place to go as fast as we want (within reason of course).

Overall, i don't see a purpose of a speed limiter on ATS servers at all, especially as the player count on these servers are low compared to ETS2. Also, I've never been hindered by anyone and i liked the 150kph cap on ETS2.

TL,DR: Don't lower the speed limiter, keep it 150kph on ATS/ETS2. If people want simulation, make two identical servers, one with the limiter for simulation and another without a limiter for those of us who like to travel fast.

The road to simulation.... if that's the case, remove ETS Arcade Server then... whats the point in favouring 1 game over another?

This new phase of TMP should be called, The Road to Emptiness... TMP know as well as I do that the playerbase isn't even enough for ATS but now, haha but now, you want to restrict it even further. Is TMP being BIASED and wanting everyone on ETS or is there just something they are trying to completely ruin here on ATS?

Tmp is getting to really be annoying with all the stupid changes and the admins not doing job correctly they need to redo there admins team and make it back to normal I’m fine with the 81 cause I do 79 but we do need a arcade server not far u guys are favoriting ets2

2 hours ago, ColonelKlink1942 said:

While that is very true, again, 130 km/h is still pretty fast for running deliveries. I can take a 2500 km trip and finish it in as little as 1.5-2 hours with that speed. 100 MPH is only 20 MPH (30 km/h) faster and maybe makes 5-10 real-time minutes' of a difference and can still bring about problems if you take a turn too quickly and run into a fence, off the road, tip over, etc.

As for admins, I don't think I've ever really seen any on ATS. Whether that be because they're in other areas of the map where I'm not, then it could be because of how little people play on those servers. So, even if someone was to break a rule or do something to hinder themselves or others while speeding, what are the chances that they will actually get punished?

If the limiter is not to be changed (which it honestly doesn't need to be), then an arcade server could at least be made for all the lead-footed folks to flock to.

I have seen admins on there before as I have been banned on there before for something I didn't do (if you want to see what I'm talking about take a look at my most recent ban on my profile) although I dont often see admins on there they are on there 

I would suggest setting the limiter to 75 MPH or 120 KPH.  That way those who use TrucksBook would have a lower chance of getting an over speed as most Companies want real miles not race miles.  Make an Arcade Server for those who want to race and be morons.  

8 hours ago, ColonelKlink1942 said:

Hammer Lane trucker here! FYI, there is a way to not roll your truck and not hit anything going around turns. its just common sense, and we don't want to have to take a load 1 and a half or 2 hours we want to do it quick and easy. we hate slow its always get up and go. and all of us have fun while we are driving even if we crash (sometimes its fun crashing too) but we don't hit eachother on purpose even if we do we don't get mad. there is no reason to keep the speed limit down to 81MPH, its ridiculous! we need our race miles! as Hammerlane being #1 in races miles for quite some time. and who cares if its too fast! its a game. Hammer Down!!!

-sincerely, Hammer Lane

I personally believe the new speed restrictions are alright, keeps the game a bit safer and more enjoyable.
One thing I would say is add an Arcade server to ATS with the exact same concept as the arcade servers in ETS2, that way, all the people moaning about the new rules will have a server where they can go and pretend they are playing Forza or GTA5 :LUL:

Keep it up TMP and ya'll will see a mass exodus from your servers !! I hear that steam is thinking of making their own version of multiplay so the choice is yours , slow people down and lose players or just leave it alone and maybe players will stay!!! Ya'll at TMP are acting like the GOVERNMENT  think your fixing a problem but your gonna make it worse !!!!  IT WAS A NICE RIDE WHILE IT LASTED PEACE OUT!!!!!

Hello Sir/Maam

You might think that because i am staff that i need to like all the new changes. But no i dont have to like them. But i actually do. I remember back before we had the 150km/h limiter on ETS2 the limiter was 90km/h. No matter if you did External Contracts or not. I for one would love to see us going back to that. And i am pretty sure we have gotten a lot of feedback that says people like the changes. And as far as i can tell people are not leaving anywhere. We still have the same amount of people playing that we always had.  And as far as i know an ATS Arcade server is coming. But you also gotta remember that ATS is just not as popular as ETs2. That is not something we have done. That is just cause ETS2 still have the bigger map and the more content. And a cheaper base game most of the time. Most sites just have an offer on ETS2 more than ATS i feel. And since ETS2 has the bigger player base people that own both games just tend to play more ATS since thats where all the people are. Thats not something we have done. Thats just how people are. Removing a speed limiter on ATS wont change that. But i do feel like that the stricter bans and limiters will help us make TMP a safer place to drive for everyone.

10 hours ago, American Stig said:

I would suggest setting the limiter to 75 MPH or 120 KPH.  That way those who use TrucksBook would have a lower chance of getting an over speed as most Companies want real miles not race miles.  Make an Arcade Server for those who want to race and be morons.  

How are u going to say that when no one in ats really cares, i see hammerlame doing their thing respectfully everyday as i do i.

15 hours ago, D_D_181 said:

those

He

Honestly I'm in favour of the speed limits and would argue for them to be lower if ATS had more players.  Most of the players I see complaining about the speed limits are ones that I've had negative encounters with already.

The only way I'd be in favour of removing the speed limiters from ATS and ETS would be if punishments were severely increased.  No more 1-3 day ban crap.  Put the first ban at a month and increase it from there.

I've voiced my opinion about speed limiters here on the forums before and I quit playing TMP while we were "accidentally" globally limited to 65MPH.  I speculated then, apparently correctly, that it was a dry run to see how many people decided to play single player if the admins ever decided to enact a speed limiter.  The "Road to Simulation" is taking TMP further away from actual simulation and causing me to go back to single player much more often.  In the real world, trucks are not speed limited unless the owner chooses to have them limited.  It's a feature built right into the ECM of every modern truck, but most owner operators choose not to enable it.  In TMP, we're simulating an owner operator environment (unless you're in a VTC).  The bottom line is that a global speed limiter is a definitive step away from simulation.  

8 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

And as far as i can tell people are not leaving anywhere. We still have the same amount of people playing that we always had.  And as far as i know an ATS Arcade server is coming. But you also gotta remember that ATS is just not as popular as ETs2. 

Do you actually play ATS? You literally just said ATS is just not as popular as ETS, so why fiddle with it? Why try to "fix" something that isn't broken? There is no need to change it at all, instead of people worrying about other people and "what could happen", why don't TMP worry about "WHAT IS HAPPENING" and monitor it?

Remove the bloody cars, that would be a great start! and to your other comment, "ATS Arcade will be coming soon" why is that not already here? Why has it got to this point and 50% of your ATS playerbase to crack it before you all put your tails between your legs and tell us your releasing one? BIASED! It should have already been added as soon as you changed the servers around. 

TMP really need to start thinking about the long run because the way I see it, its the TMP ADMINS that are only going to ruin it for themselves.
What ever happened to "We listen to our community!" xD What a joke that was haha.

Archived