When you are new to truckersmp....

Rafaum Deejay

basically, horn spam is literally waving to other players.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using both. I'm writing in the chat and speaking in the cb. But when I've been activated the cb, im not in channel 19. In channel 19(the standard channel), are the most abusing players. These sounds are not good for your ears, when they are screaming or whatever^^.  It's better to change the channel, or deactivate the cb funk complete.I'm using both. I'm writing in the chat and speaking in the cb. But when I've been activated the cb, im not in channel 19. In channel 19(the standard channel), are the most abusing players. These sounds are not good for your ears, when they are screaming or whatever^^.  It's better to change the channel, or deactivate the cb funk complete.

I honestly don't really bother with using the horn or flashing the lights to greet people because if you do it to everyone who passes you or does the same to you, it'd become a bit tedious. It's like when I have to say 'Hi' and 'Bye' to every passenger that gets on my bus on a daily basis, after the first 10 minutes it becomes monotonous and by the end of the first hour, I'm no longer being sincere when I'm saying 'Have a good day'.

4 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

I honestly don't really bother with using the horn or flashing the lights to greet people because if you do it to everyone who passes you or does the same to you, it'd become a bit tedious. It's like when I have to say 'Hi' and 'Bye' to every passenger that gets on my bus on a daily basis, after the first 10 minutes it becomes monotonous and by the end of the first hour, I'm no longer being sincere when I'm saying 'Have a good day'.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. It wouldn't sound genuine anymore.

If I see players nearby, I will flash the lights and honk the horn crazily, although this is a kind of uncivilized phenomenon, but when you get the response, how excited!:D

This is a game, we all have our own ideas as to what a honk in the game means. I personally think it's ok to honk saying hello, I also get on the cb if I see someone pulled over to make sure they are ok, did it in real life, why not here. I don't think any more or less of someone that don't honk back. In the states you can honk your horn and not get punishment unless it is posted and I have never seen that, air breaks I have, but not honking your horn. Again, this is just my thoughts.

i usually honk back if someone honks. otherwise i really only honk when passing convoys. kinda my show of respect you could say. 

Archived