When you are new to truckersmp....

Rafaum Deejay

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny and true story. :troll: haha.

Languages: ?? | ??

انجمن فارسی

قوانین استخدام | پشتیبانی | بازخورد | مشاهده اعضای تیم | راهنما | سیستم پایگاه دانش | پیشنهادات

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides Suggestions
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Personal contact info:

YouTube | Twitch | Discord |
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan

6 hours ago, courtzz49 said:

im not a new player but still honk once at passing drivers, kinda just as a "hello", usually see if they honk first

Me too, when people are nice i like to do the same.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:53 AM, courtzz49 said:

im not a new player but still honk once at passing drivers, kinda just as a "hello", usually see if they honk first

20 hours ago, Diana24 said:

Me too, when people are nice i like to do the same.

Yes. But I say more in the sense of new players that can not see any player, there are people who horn even in tunnel, see a player name already prepares the H key. haha

76561198806719891.png

@049David [GER] I find it rude when others honk at me for no reason... Maybe I'm just too focused on how things are IRL and in Spain, there are rules about the use of the acoustic signs (honking) and they are only allowed in 3 situations: to avoid an accident, to warn the driver ahead that we are going to overtake, to warn every others that we are on an emergency service (carrying someone that needs medical assistance to a hospital, e.g.). Using it for any other purposes (like greeting other drivers) is punishable.

@049David [GER] Fair enough. Obviously, what I said is also my opinion, nothing more. And I occasionally will honk back in the game, but that "greeting" is, to some, something like sitting on the honk button since they see you until you are out of sight. That, instead of greeting, is annoying. Even more when they have several air-horns. To me, it's as annoying as when someone with a lot of extra lamps on bullbars and rooftop bars comes towards you with their high beams on and don't bother switching them off. That's what I find specially rude, not the regular use, but the abuse.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:56 PM, 049David [GER] said:

I think you should at least honk back because doing nothing just seems rude to the other person.

Nope, why should I?? I'm not here to entertain people! Many of them don't just give a short simple honk either, they go really nuts by spamming the H button! I got no time for any of that!

6 hours ago, Runnerbean said:

why should I?

On 8/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, 049David [GER] said:

because doing nothing just seems rude to the other person.

If you don't care about seeming rude to the other player then don't honk back. The emphasis lies on "should".

entertain

Didn't say you have to entertain them. Just a simple greet back, unless you want to call that "entertaining".

Many of them don't just give a short simple honk either, they go really nuts by spamming the H button!

Wow then those players must be really eager to greet you...

maybe people just don't like too tantalize me as much as they do you, but I don't get honked at by a "H" spamming mass of players. If I get honked at, it doesnt involve the described spamming, but just a simple and short press of the button, at best they will flash their lights. 

I got no time for any of that!

If you are really that annoyed by that honking mass of players you could of course just disable honking sounds in the settings.

Actually i think its quite polite to horn in a way of saying hi, or by flashing your headlights, its a nice way to interact with someone, a friendly gesture (ofcourse if the player doesnt blind you or doesnt make your ears bleed)

Its the same with turning on your hazards on, for thanking someone.

Kind regards, 

TheGoodGuy1515

Say “Hi~ o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ”

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

Archived