Server are not filling up during rush hour

Random_Truck_Driver

It's 18:27:27 UTC as i'm writing this post. It's supposed to be rush hour for the ETS2 servers. Yet there are 600 spots available in the Simulation #1 server.  In different occasions at this hour the servers were full and had a queue of at least 100 players. If this is not a clear sign that the new server rules are bad, i don't know what is. The current speed limit is too bad. Please kindly remove it. I won't get into details cause i think this post speaks for myself. 

23 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

LoL! TMP is not dying just because you kids can no longer speed.  The server rules have been a fine & welcome change and the only players I've seen complaining about the rule changes have been the ones that have multiple bans and can't drive.

No, TMP is dying because you kids have been complaining for years in this forum about how bad the situation with the trolls and reckless drivers is. Most of the community didn't seem to mind and if a vote had been issued inside the servers you would have been the minority. Because guess what i'm fine if someone crashes on me even on purpose. I'll press a button and move on but clearly you will not. 

Based on the community feedback we have gotten from polls to actual feedback tickets, many users who aren't as loud as the very vocal non-sim players have come out to voice their support for the new standards we put in place. Also, I have an image that argues your point otherwise.

You have two servers that you can run around in as fast and recklessly as you want with no penalty to you so long as you are not using 3rd party tools to alter your gameplay. Tell me again why the speed limit bothers you?

CNOyjRT.jpg

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

3 minutes ago, JeffSFC said:

Based on the community feedback we have gotten from polls to actual feedback tickets, many users who aren't as loud as the very vocal non-sim players have come out to voice their support for the new standards we put in place. Also, I have an image that argues your point otherwise.

CNOyjRT.jpg

I wanna believe you, i truly do but today i've played for 2 hours and chatted with random people while trucking. Most of them didn't see the rule change as a positive thing. And i doubt this forum represents the community. It certainly represents the most hardcore players.

You have two servers that you can run around in as fast and recklessly as you want with no penalty to you so long as you are not using 3rd party tools to alter your gameplay. Tell me again why the speed limit bothers you?

I play multiplayer for the sole purpose of interacting with other players. We can both agree that this is the reason all these players enjoy this mod. Interaction can be found in convoys, during an overtake either in the highway or in a country road or in crossroads. When every truck in the highway is travelling at the same speed (With really few exceptions with the current speed limit), you take away the only enjoyment that the highway could give, overtaking. Thus that makes the highway pretty useless.

Without the speed limit, trucks will travel in different speeds and thus there will be interaction.

Secondly, i own the Scandinavia and going East DLC. But i haven't been to these areas ever since the first speed limit was implemented. I described the reason above. Especially during the week where i only get to play for an hour or two and i'm not going to waste them by travelling in a dead route with no players. Have you ever driven from Germany to Bergen or Stockholm and back. I have and even without the speed limit it used to be a big distance that required plenty of time and it gets pretty boring when you're travelling alone all the time. Sometimes i would even take a car to travel this far.

I'm not a maniac who likes to run around recklessly. I'm just someone who enjoyed driving a truck faster than you allow. The 150 km/h was a tolerable limit, but this is just too much to handle. The only area that is still enjoyable is the C-D road because it's a country road with plenty of players to interact. 

Servers can be used selectively, such as S1 server and A1 server. The reason TMP chose to change the server Settings is to prevent many accidents from happening again! Although it happens all the time. For example, CD road.:unsure:

1 minute ago, Мир во всем мире said:

Servers can be used selectively, such as S1 server and A1 server. The reason TMP chose to change the server Settings is to prevent many accidents from happening again! Although it happens all the time. For example, CD road.:unsure:

Well that's my point. If the decision to reduce the speed limit is based on what happens on the C-D road, then it's a wrong decision. Because the map is vast and if you reduce the speed limit you'll further attract more players to that road like myself. I haven't been to any other area of the game ever since they implemented the 150 km/h speed limit. Why should i? I was being limited to drive at 150 km/h in the highway with 0 players around me. The only reason to travel anywhere else but the C-D road is with a convoy.

In the community, I see a lot of people opposing the 110 km/h speed limit. We can't say who is right and who is wrong. We can only remain neutral. We believe TMP will solve all these problems. After all, this is just the beginning! Isn't that right, man;)

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Well that's my point. If the decision to reduce the speed limit is based on what happens on the C-D road, then it's a wrong decision. Because the map is vast and if you reduce the speed limit you'll further attract more players to that road like myself. I haven't been to any other area of the game ever since they implemented the 150 km/h speed limit. Why should i? I was being limited to drive at 150 km/h in the highway with 0 players around me. The only reason to travel anywhere else but the C-D road is with a convoy.

The servers are filling up,whats happening is that the changes spreaded the players to more servers,you just cant take one server for reference...Sim 1 is not filling up because 1,000+ players migrated to Sim 2 and both arcade servers..just checked the amount now:
Sim 1 3,297
Sim 2 0,740
ARc 1 0,371

ARc 2 0,062
total 4,470 players online(on ETS-2 only) and the peak hours ended already,And this is happens every day.
The only people that i keep seeing complaining about the speed drives with no respect for the others around,have a clown-colored 8x4 scania/volvo pulling a 2 axle box trailer,got a mile of bad history for ramming and reckless driving......
I been playing since day one of this mod, and i'm honestly tired of begin rammed to death by a "speed demon" that believe that 30 ton trucks are racing cars...

Although I don't like to play simulated, the game is SIMULATOR, so I don't see any problem with TRUCKERS MP putting a limited speed on some servers.
In WOT, all jobs are simulated for speed. At ETS speed of 90 km and ATS 104 km e, many people from the TRUCKERS MP community play online like myself several times, taking these external contracts without any problem.  :P

Smhh complaining again about speed limit, huh? Tell you what, how about building engine rockets for trucks and get right jobs done just snap like that under few minutes, is that's what exactly you want? :kappa:Well.. , giving the joke aside .

I'm pretty sure we have discussed and further debating a lot on this matter with among common drivers around forum and especially @FernandoCR [ESP] made clear about it several times including perspective with trolls also hence "It's not about going fast, it's about playing with other people. You choose the server with most players, you choose to play with that server's restrictions." the difference is also doing only WoT jobs, with speed limits of 90 Km/h and that's a plus experience in simulation and i enjoy it, believe it or not .

5 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Because guess what i'm fine if someone crashes on me even on purpose. I'll press a button and move on but clearly you will not. 

Being rammed and speed limitation is different thing based on what you stated but even if you saying so with this your opinion being fine, then what about for those whom may be in a convoy event or assuming in process with WoT contract taking in consideration over gaining the very principle factors such as achievement, report log, distance and mass etc.? Should they also feel like that type "being fine and move on"  whenever someone rear-end truck/trailer and not caring damage report, really? :LUL: (Definitely not counting /fix command)

4 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

When every truck in the highway is travelling at the same speed (With really few exceptions with the current speed limit), you take away the only enjoyment that the highway could give, overtaking. Thus that makes the highway pretty useless.

Without the speed limit, trucks will travel in different speeds and thus there will be interaction. 

Especially during the week where i only get to play for an hour or two and i'm not going to waste them by travelling in a dead route with no players.

What? :lol: Apologize for my intrusive non-question humorous, surprising mood, then after all may i so suggest you to drive then in common countries routine that are available wherever you would like, with your enjoyment. Huge map with non-activity zones with/not few players that you call em "dead route" is for something else despite you said getting bored (?)  .

Why should i? I was being limited to drive at 150 km/h in the highway with 0 players around me. The only reason to travel anywhere else but the C-D road is with a convoy.

Theoretically, going with 150 km/h of what you complain losing with average of 40-50 km/h at this speed on road,  take in as a 8-10h route distance about 730 km with more than 10 t which is average medium trailer attached (know ratio is 1:20 in EU which mean in real time, it would take approximate 20 minute just to finish at this moderating speed while over by with 90~110km/h +/- 40-50 minute) you may as well just make this non-sense excuse whatever nor being with convoy just so to assume also complaining about time compression due to speed limit. On the side notice, once upon reaching that speed will get in a way too fast and there is high risk chance that you may get to lose control of vehicle at some point due to brake sensitivity trailer, truck and tire weights and suspension anytime.

5 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

And i doubt this forum represents the community. It certainly represents the most hardcore players.

Let me take a deep breath and find in thinking myself not so and so avoid misinterpreting the context of definition between "community" and "hardcore", for a moment alright?

I get that speed average from trucks physics improvements (suspension, damping, braking, cogs) in the game may be over realistic and doesn't feel the bitching point compare by driving on roads that players might feel that ideal speed (?) and the fact drivers are complaining about being boring on the road due fatigue, time excuse / deadline or whatever they comply about with speed limit like  "hey, 110 km/h is really frustrating and unnecessary on highways" etc. Again, drivers, speed limit is put for a reason, safety and reduce accidents in trucking environment and GM doesn't have to deal in hell with these which obviously you should significant respect traffic regulation in simulation but again this isn't race game either.

Now on topic discussing, once again with that non-sense and since when and why on earth exactly are you complaining about suddenly losing in a specific time prior this day blaming over your complain with multiple offenses ? :thinking:

• Community Manager

Honestly. I've driven 150km/h myself sometimes. Mostly on long jobs when nobody is around. But those where the days I would avoid the busier areas anyway because I would get rammed a lot or people would just play chicken with you on a 2 way road. I like the new rules, I go to the busier areas again. In fact I would be in favor of further reducing the ETS2 speed on the simulation servers to 95 or so. I want to drive in a realistic way with other players. People who want to race, ram people or do whatever that I would not consider simulation gaming can use the arcade servers.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

Being rammed and speed limitation is different thing based on what you stated but even if you saying so with this your opinion being fine, then what about for those whom may be in a convoy event or assuming in process with WoT contract taking in consideration over gaining the very principle factors such as achievement, report log, distance and mass etc.? Should they also feel like that type "being fine and move on"  whenever someone rear-end truck/trailer and not caring damage report, really?  (Definitely not counting /fix command)

You said it yourself. Fix command has solved this problem. Plus convoys are not allowed on the C-D road so i doubt they would come across a troll in another region that would be mad enough to harass a convoy. It's a certain ban, that's what it is. And even if he does, ramming is a thing of the past considering how physics work. 

What?  Apologize for my intrusive non-question humorous, surprising mood, then after all may i so suggest you to drive then in common countries routine that are available wherever you would like, with your enjoyment. Huge map with non-activity zones with/not few players that you call em "dead route" is for something else despite you said getting bored (?)  .

You probably misunderstood me. Before the speed limit implementation i used to drive everywhere. After the speed limit, i only did jobs within the popular cities and mostly on the C-D road.

Theoretically, going with 150 km/h of what you complain losing with average of 40-50 km/h at this speed on road,  take in as a 8-10h route distance about 730 km with more than 10 t which is average medium trailer attached (know ratio is 1:20 in EU which mean in real time, it would take approximate 20 minute just to finish at this moderating speed while over by with 90~110km/h +/- 40-50 minute) you may as well just make this non-sense excuse whatever nor being with convoy just so to assume also complaining about time compression due to speed limit. On the side notice, once upon reaching that speed will get in a way too fast and there is high risk chance that you may get to lose control of vehicle at some point due to brake sensitivity trailer, truck and tire weights and suspension anytime.

Theoretically, you can always film yourself travelling from Germany (Duisburg) to Bergen or any other north city in Scandinavia and back. If you do it within 20 minutes then i can certainly admit that i'm wrong. Or you just simply write stuff for the sake of saying something.

Let me take a deep breath and find in thinking myself not so and so avoid misinterpreting the context of definition between "community" and "hardcore", for a moment alright?

Yes the community is the entire playerbase, not only the hardcore fans of the game. I was a hardcore player to another game where changes have been made to please the casual players. I sucked it up.

Now my point is that these changes affect me and several other players for the negative. They basically ruin my experience within the game. Because in the end of the day, you can drive with 90 km/h or 80 or w/e. But, i can't get on the highway and drive with 150 km/h on a server that has a decent playerbase because the game forbids that for me. Your experience within the game was never ruined from an implemented feature/rule that was forced upon you. Did it?

I understand that raising the speed limit will create more chaos on the C-D road. That doesn't mean that i consider the speed limit a good measure to counter that.

But you see if the admins would consider removing the speed limit from all DLC areas and leave it be in Western Europe , i doubt that any of you would be fine with that. 

I understand that you wanna feel the game like a simulation. What you don't seem to understand is that there are players in the game that as long as the game physics allow it, they would drive as fast as they can.  And yes that could lead to accidents. But that's the whole idea of multiplayer, the Human Factor.

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I understand that raising the speed limit will create more chaos on the C-D road. That doesn't mean that i consider the speed limit a good measure to counter that.

I think the admins should get rid of the speed limit but increase the punishment.  Since all these kids seem to want to keep whining about their supposed right to speed, let's let them speed.  Just make it so any accident caused by speeding, even a single kph over, is an automatic 1 month ban.  

Speeding or being banned, let's see what these kids want more.

9 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

I think the admins should get rid of the speed limit but increase the punishment.  Since all these kids seem to want to keep whining about their supposed right to speed, let's let them speed.  Just make it so any accident caused by speeding, even a single kph over, is an automatic 1 month ban.  

Speeding or being banned, let's see what these kids want more.

I'm fine with the speed limit inside towns being 60 km/h. I'm fine with the speed limit in Western Europe being as it is currently to ensure that the C-D road remains in a decent state.

I'm not fine when i can't travel in any other area of the map because of the speed limit. Like i said the middle line for me would be to lift the speed limit from all DLC areas and keep it as is in Vanilla map

Forget about focusing on C-D and convoys and think about in general area common issue, particular one server SIM #1,  simple as that if you look closely, hence also this game is about driving trucks with a simulation game for a reason . Clearly, OP expressed his concern over speed limit 110 km/h (not consideration with external contracts) because of:

a) Pleasure in term of psychological reason

b) Time over the patience in raising exponentially fatigue

c) Ruining game experience and perhaps avoid responsibility based on the fact 150 km/h is way to fast.

19 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

You said it yourself. Fix command has solved this problem. Plus convoys are not allowed on the C-D road so i doubt they would come across a troll in another region that would be mad enough to harass a convoy. It's a certain ban, that's what it is. And even if he does, ramming is a thing of the past considering how physics work.  

Yet annoying because it's not only their problem, it's a problem for everyone around them.. still, after simulation update i could see assuming prediction about half of 20% reduction of accidents in roads overall and that has to be a good thing (don't confuse gaining realism) i mean after several weeks driving here and there is clearly the result is almost 90% with no damage to the cargo but again, it's kinda early to get conclusions so i prefer like to see results after several months to see progress on-going. I appreciate your belief the fact you can drive is safest way possible with 150 km/h but this doesn't justify for everybody else hence getting point to an apocalypse traffic game which imho it's not even close at all with simulation.

You probably misunderstood me. Before the speed limit implementation i used to drive everywhere. After the speed limit, i only did jobs within the popular cities and mostly on the C-D road. 

It's fine, i would complete out understand your concern. Even so, this still doesn't count as an excuse, i mean it's up to you to prefer where to.

Theoretically, you can always film yourself travelling from Germany (Duisburg) to Bergen or any other north city in Scandinavia and back. If you do it within 20 minutes then i can certainly admit that i'm wrong. Or you just simply write stuff for the sake of saying something.

The short-point of my previous statement in replying your quote was overacting speed limit with the time consuming in simulation, for sake. Oh, and by the way, it took about one hour and 25 minute (give or take) to drive from Osnabrück - Bergen which pretty normal time for such short gameplay , it's just i excluded from Duisburg route since it's a busiest city requiem with sense to avoid it . I drove about 110 km/h on highway mostly in DE and 70-80 km/h on rural roads upon exiting from port (30 minute route to destination). The thing is, since i'm on keyboard for now, i didn't liked the way i was driving with 110 km/h on highway because you can't quite control with-in the lane. So yeah, it's pretty straight forward that 150 km/h is not ideal either to speed . Other than that, Oh man, in Scandinavia, what a beautiful region and mountains on the road, such a pleasure to watch the nature and lakes, villages etc.. much tastier with raining and drive along with few average players i encountered on rush hour :love: and yet, you hesitated it for some reason. moving on...

But that's the whole idea of multiplayer, the Human Factor. 

That's also truth in it, precisely. I kinda forget to mention it but at same time my thought was whole idea of it is specifically for players to have experience in driving, traffic regulation and activities in job and so eventually to learn something from it with common sense time being (took for me about 3 months, approx. same way in real life driving school in category C) but clearly not everybody moved on especially when it comes to a proportion extent being "kids / under-teenagers" doesn't understand restriction in that server and thinks for fun.

If you have no interest in external contract for a while and wish to drive above with max speed, just move to ARC server and do what you need to do, but i'm guessing you already know the contradict to this statement. Touche?

Here's the thing though, OP said a specific number to opt out from circulation back with 150 km/h, not 140, not 120 nor 130, but let's assume for a moment, shall we? 110 km/h speed limit on the simulation servers could be indeed low, sort of, related by OP complain issue, would any of you concur with maximum speed allowed in highways should be at least 130km/h? :thinking: with a proper steering wheel could be, duh .

On 7/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

No, TMP is dying because you kids have been complaining for years in this forum about how bad the situation with the trolls and reckless drivers is. Most of the community didn't seem to mind and if a vote had been issued inside the servers you would have been the minority. Because guess what i'm fine if someone crashes on me even on purpose. I'll press a button and move on but clearly you will not. 

The new rules are absolutely fine, servers are quite often highly populated when I see them.
People have complained about trolls for a perfectly fine reason, why would we want to play the game knowing that you are going to get trolled left, right and centre? 
I have to agree that maybe a vote on the new rules would have been a good idea, however they brought the new rules in and they have worked fine.
I don't understand how you are happy to get crashed into on purpose, clearly you just drive around for fun, lots of people play to deliver cargoes safely and have a good time, and when you do get trolled, its frustrating but you move on, however it would be a much better place with less trolls and accidents, which is what these new rules are trying to aim for.

Currently its more like hard-pushing rather than promoting the hardcore simulation and the road under the current simulation setting is more or less serving like a conveyor belt on the entire map.

On 7/30/2019 at 8:49 PM, JeffSFC said:

Archived