Traffic and mods

Half_a_Day

Hey there,

Mods aren't allowed on our Servers.
Few Weeks ago the Local Mods was allowed to can be used, but it was changed

so they aren't allowed anymore and if you use such things you get kicked by the Server for it.

So after all, i don't think so such Mods will be allowed again for the Future.

And about the Traffic, i think you mean like on Singleplayer with the KI's?

Well maybe in the Future, so who knows ;)

@White Wolf thanks for responding

Why though dont you accept third party? Will it cause bugs? I just look at GTA V and see very unique and a variety of vehicles and your own color scheme. The vanilla 6 or 7 trucks start to get tedious. I love the game and its hours of fun I just wish that mods could be added for vehicle purposes and for our own unique touch. If thats what it is though and no way third party mods will be accepted.... well I just got to accept it for what it is :unsure:

the reasons are, 1 with out the mod(s) it would crash others games, casing people to ram the person you caused to crash. 2 they would have to add all mods to the download which would make the download very large. 3. tmp would have to get an ok from the author to use the mod(s) which would take a long time to get, plus every time  a mod got an update the server would have to be updated.

ultimately it would cause more headaches then it is worth, so it is easier to say no to third party mods.

I wish we could use mods in MP. I mean I've said this a million times to people. I think the MP devs should consider allowing certain mods. Maybe they go out and test things like truck mods and parts for trucks and allow those specific mods, but definitely not allow mods like 10,000HP engines or money and xp cheats.

One of the main reason why mods are not allowed on the servers is because they can and more then likely cause some type of bug as no mod is perfect. They can cause crashed as they do in Single-player. So to avoid all that mess, they choose not to have them on the server. As mentioned above, the size of the mods can be a issue as well and keeping them up-to-date is a big issue as well. With all that being said, it's easier not to have them apart of the server then it is to have them. 

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived