Would you choose to go to Duisburg?

[GTR - 001] Xiao Mo

Absolutely, almost the only place to actually find some traffic :) Ofcourse, I'm not going there very often, but I'll have atleast 1 trip or so going through the CD road :) 
I remember the old days, when Rotterdam was know as 'Rotterjam'. Aswell as the Rotterdam <-> Europort road/highway :) That was fun, and crazy at the same time :D 

Europort <-> Rotterdam road is also (If I remember correctly) the route that made Kat_pw start his Live traffic cam's streaming channel on twitch :) 

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

To be fair, I don't go to Duisburg because it's incredibly dangerous due to its chaotic traffic flow and a known hotbed for reckless driving, and especially as an upper staff member, driving anywhere around Duisburg would make me an extremely easy target for trolls due to my high-profile background as a manager, so I won't even think about going there. If I had to put the whole thing into one meaning, I would say that Duisburg is the Caracas of ETS2 quite frankly.

Maybe if the Ruhr region was reworked in a future ETS2 update I might go there again though.

Hah, no. I wouldn't go back to Calais, Duisburg or the C-D Road in a million years. I have to put up with enough idiots on the real roads in my day job, I don't want to have to deal with them on ETS2MP. I've never understood the logic of people saying "I go to the C-D Road because it's populated" - That mentality is exactly why much of the map is dead, because people don't move around. There are plenty of places that are populated, and if everyone stopped hording the C-D Disaster, the game would be more interesting in more places overall.

@BoostedDrifterz Sorry, but that's so... Wrong. If you need to do things quickly, using alternative routes is always better, you don't have the jams, the chaos, the chance to be crashed, etc. And the alternatives are highways which (tested by myself) only add 50-60 Km to the route. Just do the maths, 500 Km driving slower and having to stop because of "accidents" or traffic jams, or 600 Km driving at 110 Km/h max all of the time... Which is faster?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @[G.T.R] I 001 I Atz - Xm,

I would like to inform you that your topic has been inactive for 14 days, I close it and move it to the Archive to keep topics active by the community.

If you have any questions or you want to restore the topic, please contact me.

// Locked and moved to Archive

gyhpuYu.png

Archived