What do you think will be in the next ETS2 and ATS 1.36 update?

dragonslayingmaster1000

There is a similar thread about this on the scs forums and I figured I would spread it here too. 

For ETS2 I think there's a chance we get the new renault truck, maybe a few more roads added like they did in 1.35, and possibility of the black sea dlc if there is only 1 more update this year because they said it will release this year.

For ATS the new truck that is shown partially completed here (https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=260993) might be released, more roads added, possibly more reworks like they did with tonopah/yuma, and maybe utah dlc if there is only 1 more update this year because they said it will release this year.

Give me your thoughts about this and if there is anything else that you think they might add feel free to comment.

The post may be dated 2018 but i think its a typo, that or the whole thing was simply edited from 1.35 to 1.36 & they cba to change the date. I have added some points that highlight why i think its the case!

The big ETS2 1.36 speculation Thread

#1 Post by Tirol » 26 Nov 2018 20:12 

Now that the game version 1.35 has been released, we start with the speculations of the features in the upcoming version 1.36. Version 1.36 will probably be released in the second half of 2019.

The following features are plausible for this upcomming release: 
[*]Rebuild of Eastern Hungary to have a connection to next DLC              < < < ( The Black Sea dlc will require this for road connections )
[*]stable and final DirectX 11 implementation                                               < < < ( DX11 is in experimental form currently ) 
[*]Improved Sound Engine using FMOD middleware
[*]further physic improvements
[*]further AI improvements 
[*]new lighting system using DX11                                                                    < < < ( As above )
[*]Mercedes Truck Tuning Pack                                                                          < < < ( The old Actros got full chrome door handles in 1.35, hasn't been touched till now ) 
[*]Detours

Rather unlikely in this version but still possible:
[*]Renault T-Range                                                                                                 < < < ( They are stuck in licensing......... ) 
[*]Goodyear DLC
[*]BDF Trucks                                                                                                          < < < ( We have these in the UK, might be when they rework the map??? )
[*]Germany Rebuild Phase 3
[*]new weather system 
[*]MAN Truck Tuning Pack                                                                                    

I think SCS have neglected vehicles for far too long, many truck models deserve a rework. Pairing of the engine with transmission is very simplistic, in reality you can't just pick any transmission for any engine, also we can't choose rear axles properly - I would like to see some realism in this aspect.

Also, I would like to hear more about this - Broshuis trailers.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, ScaniaFan89 said:

The post may be dated 2018 but i think its a typo, that or the whole thing was simply edited from 1.35 to 1.36 & they cba to change the date. I have added some points that highlight why i think its the case!

The big ETS2 1.36 speculation Thread

#1 Post by Tirol » 26 Nov 2018 20:12 

Now that the game version 1.35 has been released, we start with the speculations of the features in the upcoming version 1.36. Version 1.36 will probably be released in the second half of 2019.

[*]Rebuild of Eastern Hungary to have a connection to next DLC              < < < ( The Black Sea dlc will require this for road connections )
[*]stable and final DirectX 11 implementation                                               < < < ( DX11 is in experimental form currently ) 
[*]Improved Sound Engine using FMOD middleware
[*]further physic improvements
[*]further AI improvements 
[*]new lighting system using DX11                                                                    < < < ( As above )
[*]Mercedes Truck Tuning Pack                                                                          < < < ( The old Actros got full chrome door handles in 1.35, hasn't been touched till now ) 
[*]Detours

[*]Renault T-Range                                                                                                 < < < ( They are stuck in licensing......... ) 
[*]Goodyear DLC
[*]BDF Trucks                                                                                                          < < < ( We have these in the UK, might be when they rework the map??? )
[*]Germany Rebuild Phase 3
[*]new weather system 
[*]MAN Truck Tuning Pack                                                                                    

Thanks for putting this here for reference.

Maybe a new truck. [renault]

Languages: ?? | ??

انجمن فارسی

قوانین استخدام | پشتیبانی | بازخورد | مشاهده اعضای تیم | راهنما | سیستم پایگاه دانش | پیشنهادات

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides Suggestions
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Personal contact info:

YouTube | Twitch | Discord |
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan

I would love to see a few new things, obviously not all in the same update...

New Trucks:
~ Renault T
~ Iveco S-way
~ Iveco Stralis XP (updated)

Map Updates:
~ The UK really needs updating urgently, everything is the same near enough, most junctions look the same, most cities look the same, most motorways looks the same, etc.

New Map areas: 
~ Northern Ireland
~ Ireland
~ Isle of White (UK)
~ Spain
~ Portugal
(I know this is for SCS to think about but it would be great to see them in the game at some point)

Then I would like to just see some general improvements in the physics and such.
The cars for a start, if they hit a truck, IRL, they would come to a stop and be severely damaged, in-game they simple send a truck flying into space and leave the car with 0 damage.

Thats just some thing I would love to see in the foreseeable future.

On 7/27/2019 at 2:34 PM, Callum Johnson said:

I would love to see a few new things, obviously not all in the same update...

New Trucks:
~ Renault T
~ Iveco S-way
~ Iveco Stralis XP (updated)

Map Updates:
~ The UK really needs updating urgently, everything is the same near enough, most junctions look the same, most cities look the same, most motorways looks the same, etc.

New Map areas: 
~ Northern Ireland
~ Ireland
~ Isle of White (UK)
~ Spain
~ Portugal
(I know this is for SCS to think about but it would be great to see them in the game at some point)

Then I would like to just see some general improvements in the physics and such.
The cars for a start, if they hit a truck, IRL, they would come to a stop and be severely damaged, in-game they simple send a truck flying into space and leave the car with 0 damage.

Thats just some thing I would love to see in the foreseeable future.

I completely agree with you! :) 

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

This isn't what I expect in the next update because it will likely just be a new dlc but anywho:

• Improved borders/toll roads that are more detailed
  • More attention towards vehicles, such as reworks on models and tuning
    • Body reworks
    • As someone said previously I would like to see them add the ability to choose axles and only be able to choose between certain configurations of transmission and engine for realism

This was more of a wishlist than what I expect :rolleyes:

Time goes, years have gone, but the game creators have done nothing to increase realism. The last useful thing they added was realistic fuel consumption. After that, only soulless models without any difference between each other, except for visual of course... I think we will never see a possibility to leave our trucks, to repair em, to refill our engines with liquids etc and so on. We will never see damage effects, not in visually, not even at least remotely close to real life physically.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:35 AM, ScaniaFan89 said:

[*]Rebuild of Eastern Hungary to have a connection to next DLC              < < < ( The Black Sea dlc will require this for road connections ) Will most likely be in 1.37 instead of 1.36 to match with an eventual release of RTTBS
[*]stable and final DirectX 11 implementation                                               < < < ( DX11 is in experimental form currently )  Likely a more stable implementation, but still not a "final" or "master" branch ready implementation
[*]Improved Sound Engine using FMOD middleware Will most likely happen after or right before we have a stable "master" implementation of the game engine running in dx11. My guess is that we get it in 1.38 in early 2020 (Jan or Feb) along with the end of support of Windows 7 or 1.39 after end-of-support (Mar / Apr) as SCS is already using DirectX 11.2 API Level which is not natively supported by Windows 7 without a few certain updates (correct me if I am wrong with this).
[*]further physic improvements (Agree with this one)
[*]further AI improvements (I'd already be happy if the AI doesn't get worse than it is atm)
[*]new lighting system using DX11                                                                    < < < ( As above ) There is already a new lighting system implemented which utilises the socalled "dynamic lighting", but the light sources have not been migrated yet. You can already see those especially in ATS at night when driving past some companies. As some of those models already got the new/newer implementation/nodes
[*]Mercedes Truck Tuning Pack                                                                          < < < ( The old Actros got full chrome door handles in 1.35, hasn't been touched till now ) unlikely with the initial 1.36 release, but rather with a minor (1.36.2 or 1.36.3 or 1.36.x) release
[*]Detours (agree)

[*]Renault T-Range                                                                                                 < < < ( They are stuck in licensing......... ) (I don'T think it will be released any time soon)
[*]Goodyear DLC Already seen in 1.35 :D 
[*]BDF Trucks                                                                                                          < < < ( We have these in the UK, might be when they rework the map??? ) Unlikely due to something that still doesn't work out in the game engine (fixed object connectors - such as the "container" connector on the rigid models that can be found in the game files) and multi-drop-delivery would be a better step towards this implementation as I doubt that you would take a container/bridge and a trailer or a seconds container/bridge in one go at the terminal.
[*]Germany Rebuild Phase 3 I'd expect Phase 3 around early 2020 rather than 1.36 or even 1.37
[*]new weather system Will most likely be implemented only after we have a stable / "master" implementation of the game engine
[*]MAN Truck Tuning Pack  Unlikely due to the fact that the mercedes Tuning pack is more or less close to be finished

Now, around a month later we still don't have a clue, but I would like to add something to what you said. (Written in red in your comment)

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

On 8/7/2019 at 2:15 AM, Myau91 said:

Time goes, years have gone, but the game creators have done nothing to increase realism.

That was like 5 years, 6 years or more ago?

I think you missed a few features that were more or less recently:

• the cvar g_phys_mirrors for realistic FOV of all mirrors (not enabled by default because of performance impacts on lower and mid end systems)
  • Advanced Trailer Coupling
  • The unloading points that have been moved closer to the actual docking ramps
  • Suspension and physics improvements
  • Splitting of trailer and cargo (game logic wise) along with trailer ownership
  • Improved controller functions, you can also use custom controllers as oposed to a few years ago where this wsa basicly impossible, allowing you to use dashboards, streamdecks, stand-alone-gearshifters etc. to be used as controller in the game
  • Adjustable Cabin/Interior (mirrors, seat, FOV) - this was only implemented around 3 or 4 years ago
  • Differential-Lock
  • Liftable Axles on Trucks/Trailers along with more different chassis options, more engines, more gearboxes (along with a drive-train rework)
  • Reworked tyre model with different tyre sizes even impacting the drive-behavior (such as steerability, RPM and fuel consumption!)
  • More diverse cargo and more cargo in general
  • Not to mention some more features that are hard to encounter

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived