And again admins do whatever they want.

bleyz01

Hello...

First of all there is the link to youtube video that can show the case that i wan't to talk about: https://youtu.be/JCag88Abl_w?t=350

It's not one time, it's happens multiple times. My question is who had the priority here, cuz for me it's obvious that the priority had that banned guy. It's shame on you guy's. The guy driving straight has yield sign but i don't know if admins know what the yield sign mean. This topic has to be again here. On the c-d road when you can enter highway the priority is upside down, i mean the guy driving out of the highway have a priority in comparasion to other enters on highway in the Germany that driving straight you have priority... I have suggestions for admins, maybe get the road rules book and read it till the end... Driving on the single player you only care about signs and that's it, on truckersmp you have to get into admins minds... I don't greet.

Maybe, but it's happens even admins don't know who have priority in this place. I have got kicked becouse i enter like this, and that's just happens mate. This place should be on admin eyes, and there should be kick waves for guys driving straight even not trying to brake. The priority here is breaking hundreds of thousands times per day.

Hey there,

Yes that is maybe correct the another Player should brake and give you Way by Yield.
But still there is also no excuse if you drive the Junction down without to stop your Truck first

and to check both Sides before you enter to C-D Road.
Our new update of the Rules also stated this one, so you should re-read them.

§2.5 - Reckless Driving
● Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger, 
● driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights and road signage, speeding, 
● racing other users (except for the Arizona race track), ignoring other players and rules. 
● Being outside of the map boundaries, this includes spots inaccessible by normal driving. 
● Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle is forbidden. 
● Using the ghost mode feature to go around traffic jams. 
● Even if you have the right-of-way you must make reasonable efforts to avoid all collisions. 
● Even if someone else is in the wrong, you must take actions to avoid a collision.

I hope that answer your Question above! ;)

It can also be that the player was reported via the ingame reporting system and was then banned due to a violation he did earlier.

It's not neccessarily this "yielding" incident that got the player banned.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Kicked player had the priority, he has been rammed from the side  and he was going very slowly, that is hardly reckless driving. Same rules apply the other player who ignored yield sign, he was supposed to stop before entering junction.

Apologies, after watching again the message about banned player, it was actually not that guy who disappeared/got kicked (reason for this is not visible, could be just loss of connection), but the one driving straight down the C-D road. In that case,  admin was right, he was supposed to stop and let the player comming down from the highway turn right because he had priority, that's how this particular junction works on both sides of the highway.

Hopefully, SCS will rebuild this area in near future and replace this with roundabout.

2 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

The thing is intersections like that are stupid and unrealistic so some people don't follow the signs and some people do. I think people should treat that intersection realisticly and ignore the yield signs. People already on the road should not have to yield, just like in real life.

SCS would not have made it like that if it wasent like that in real life in that area. Around here we have something similar in some places. So its not impossible that it is like that on this road in real life. And its not that hard. See the yield sign? You yield. Problem solved.

I'll use 2 images taken from the video to answer your topic:

ZwqJ5YP7S12zrZVhRIDnBw.png

I9d-zghpTCGNG3HX11B_hg.png

The player coming down the highway apparently left the game, he wasn't kicked or banned because in that case, we would see a message in the chat, however, he is also responsible:

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

[...] Even if you have the right-of-way you must make reasonable efforts to avoid all collisions. Even if someone else is in the wrong, you must take actions to avoid a collision. [..]

Regards,

willians1002

Alot of the people don't even know what a yield sign looks like, and others just ignore them and just don't pay any attention.

We see stuff like this alot.

I have a golden rule I use myself, if I approach an intersection where I have priority, and there is traffic around, I will always stop or slow down enough so I can stop intime and anticipate to others making mistakes, eg if the other player blows the yield sign.

And only after i know for sure the other player will give me priority (by slowing down, flashing headlights, or fully coming to a stop) only then I will enter said intersection.

Even approaching stoplights I will always slow down enough to anticipate, even when I have green, as there always will be that one guy that is bonkers enough to blow a red light and crash into you, preferably at high speed offcourse, causing all sorts of problems.

Anticipation is key in a multiplayer game like this, even if you know you have priority, always anticipate to others mistakes.

It's not because you have priority, you should take it without hazitation.

Especialy in a game like this, and even more IRL.

Moral of the story:

Be the smarter person, anticipate, and avoid unnecessary havoc.

I agree that you should try to avoid collision, but if accident happend player that made mistake should be banned, not this one that hasn't avoid the accident for me it's most logic. I always try to brake if other made mistakes, but sometimes it's impossible. This guy that's get ban should be unbanned as soon as possible. And ban isn't always way to go imo, all of us makes mistakes, and sometimes 1 second inattention can case some small like in this case accident's, so be more forgiven for small mistakes. If someone driving obviously dangerous, yeah for sure give him and ban even permanent, but 3 days for such a small accidents it's to much sometimes. It works like irl, try to avoid, but my god if accident's happend player that made mistake should be banned, sometimes it's impossible to avoid, sometimes it's just one second of inattention, becouse you know that you have priority, and accident happned, but you have priority, your inattetion would not cause an accident if other player would drive correctly..

On 7/20/2019 at 2:15 PM, White Wolf. said:

Hey there,

Yes that is maybe correct the another Player should brake and give you Way by Yield.
But still there is also no excuse if you drive the Junction down without to stop your Truck first

and to check both Sides before you enter to C-D Road.
Our new update of the Rules also stated this one, so you should re-read them.

§2.5 - Reckless Driving
● Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger, 
● racing other users (except for the Arizona race track), ignoring other players and rules. 
● Being outside of the map boundaries, this includes spots inaccessible by normal driving. 
● Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle is forbidden. 
● Even if you have the right-of-way you must make reasonable efforts to avoid all collisions. 
● Even if someone else is in the wrong, you must take actions to avoid a collision.

I hope that answer your Question above! ;)

That is the point. To have the  right of way doesn't mean that you can turn without slowing down. It only means that you have right of way.

6 minutes ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

That is the point. To have the  right of way doesn't mean that you can turn without slowing down. It only means that you have right of way.

Correct, many Users know the Junction good enough and should use the Brakes from the beginning.

Because i saw already so much Accidents over there, and to avoid something like that better stop the Truck and check both Sides.

There are too much Peoples what does not check the Yields or anything and if some Crashes happen they start to cry and to scream 'rec',

but they should keep in mind to avoid any Crash is also possible.

I honestly see this type of thing regularly at this junction, either someone decides to ignore the yield signs and blow through at full speed or someone tries to turn across the junction and ends up right in front of someone else.

What I do is slow down on approach to the junction and actively look to see if someone is either turning onto the highway ahead of me or is exiting from the highway, if there is traffic doing so, I slow to a stop and let them go, if not, I proceed through. To me, this is the fairest way to approach this junction.

Sadly, some people just ignore the signs and blow through, a yield sign is designed to make one lane of traffic give way to traffic that has the right of way, yes it seems a bit backwards in design ingame, but the only sort of explanation is that it’s more dangerous to have traffic backing up on a highway with a higher speed limit versus a minor road with a slower speed limit.

In this video, in my opinion, both parties are at fault to some degree, straight traffic should have yielded to turning traffic, turning traffic should have made sure they were clear to proceed before doing so.

just like real life I don't trust other drivers, except the people that I can actively talk to via discord and drive with regularly.  just like in RL I expect others to do stupid things. I look both ways when I come to one way roads. it is called being cautious. if I came that junction in MP, I wont take that route in mp for any reason, I would stop since when there is traffic a yield sign means stop if it is unsafe to proceed. I wouldn't be supprised if most of the people failed their driving test due to not understanding what the signage means.

§2.5 - Reckless Driving

16 hours ago, White Wolf. said:

Correct, many Users know the Junction good enough and should use the Brakes from the beginning.

Because i saw already so much Accidents over there, and to avoid something like that better stop the Truck and check both Sides.

There are too much Peoples what does not check the Yields or anything and if some Crashes happen they start to cry and to scream 'rec',

but they should keep in mind to avoid any Crash is also possible.

But to be fair: The admin here is doing everything right.

2761 (the guy without priority) was correctly banned for 3 days how @willians1002 already said.

So this accusation against the admin ("And again admins do whatever they want.") is unfounded.

correct-ban.jpg

This crossroad is very tricky. Everywhere else the driver who exit the highway has to stop and wait. But not in Belgium. Here is the guy from the highway the one with priority.
For me it is a stupid traffic management because it could get very simple to stucked traffic:

traffic-management.jpg

That's why we have no speed limit in germany ;) We can drive :P

4 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

For me it is a stupid traffic management because it could get very simple to stucked traffic:

traffic-management.jpg

That's why we have no speed limit in germany ;) We can drive :p

I'll be honest, it's not a stupid design, it's a bit weird, but people just have to use their common sence, and not cross when they have no room to fully enter cd. (BTW Belgian people love their priority-from-the-right rule)

This is a big problem with an intersection like this in mp, people from the highway pulling onto cd without having the proper room to make sure they are not going to block other traffic. It's a "I have right of way so I go even I know I'm gonne be blocking the whole intersection." mentality. And so you create situations like the one in your picture.

It's a case of common sence, but that is most of the times to much to ask. (And no, I'm not pointing any fingers).

And you can brag about Germans are good drivers that's why they have no speed limits, but Belgium road infrastructure is just not made for going 150+km/h. (Legal speed limit is 120 and yeah I'm from Belgium, so I feel offended by your comment :p ) this is a big known problem, we have the worst roads if you compare it to Netherlands, Germany,... the differens is night and day! (Potholes, bad repairs, constant traffic jams, exits really close to one another,...) eg: when you cross the border from Netherlands to Belgium, you can feel the Belgium under your feet.

Our roads don't have the capacity to manage all the traffic today.

Belgian roads are notorious.

I even read an article back in late 2017 that compared our roads to the roads from Namibia, Marocco, Turkey, Azarbeidzjan, Rwanda,... They stated roads up there are better than the ones here.

Just to prove you a point. :p

1 hour ago, R_D [G27+SKRS] [90km/h] [BE] said:

I'll be honest, it's not a stupid design, it's a bit weird, but people just have to use their common sence, and not cross when they have no room to fully enter cd. (BTW Belgian people love their priority-from-the-right rule)

This is a big problem with an intersection like this in mp, people from the highway pulling onto cd without having the proper room to make sure they are not going to block other traffic. It's a "I have right of way so I go even I know I'm gonne be blocking the whole intersection." mentality. And so you create situations like the one in your picture.

It's a case of common sence, but that is most of the times to much to ask. (And no, I'm not pointing any fingers).

And you can brag about Germans are good drivers that's why they have no speed limits, but Belgium road infrastructure is just not made for going 150+km/h. (Legal speed limit is 120 and yeah I'm from Belgium, so I feel offended by your comment :p ) this is a big known problem, we have the worst roads if you compare it to Netherlands, Germany,... the differens is night and day! (Potholes, bad repairs, constant traffic jams, exits really close to one another,...) eg: when you cross the border from Netherlands to Belgium, you can feel the Belgium under your feet.

Our roads don't have the capacity to manage all the traffic today.

Belgian roads are notorious.

I even read an article back in late 2017 that compared our roads to the roads from Namibia, Marocco, Turkey, Azarbeidzjan, Rwanda,... They stated roads up there are better than the ones here.

Just to prove you a point. :p

I mean ingame. There would never be a traffic jam llike it was on #EU2 when the priority is "normal" (exit highway -> wait)

I don't know how this works in real life. But also for real life it is a stupid management.

On high traffic you are not able to have a fluid traffic flow when you always have to wait and let the highway driver in - only to drive a few meters to stop and let the highway driver in o.O

I would like to see this system  in Belgium for real on a high traffic spot.

41 minutes ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

I mean ingame. There would never be a traffic jam llike it was on #EU2 when the priority is "normal" (exit highway -> wait)

I don't know how this works in real life. But also for real life it is a stupid management.

On high traffic you are not able to have a fluid traffic flow when you always have to wait and let the highway driver in - only to drive a few meters to stop and let the highway driver in o.O

I meant also ingame. This is not a stupid disign... it's old, and not realistic, but it works.

It' only because of the CD road that is so popular you get big traffic jams, people  not following the road rules, yield signs,... this intersection system works ingame perfect! In MP (if everybody follows the rules) as well as in SP. Just the CD road is already so congested, offcourse this system won't work if half the people not follow rules nor using common sence...

IRL offcourse we don't see an intersection like that. And if you see something similar, you will always have stoplights to control traffic.

The map is from the early GTS game, far from how it actualy is in real life.

Maybe with the new map rework SCS is doing, we will see some changes to more realistic intersections.

7 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

To be fair it is fairly easy to understand the principle really, yes it’s unrealistic, but it’s from the original map pulled from ETS1 and the previous titles that got slapped together to make ETS2 in the first place, I can foresee SCS eventually overhauling the whole area eventually and making it more realistic, much like the highway entrances added in 1.35 in Germany.

in the real world you wouldn’t have a offramp coming from the highway that’s about 5 feet long, plus you would likely have more than 1 lane to split traffic up coming off the highway and traffic lights to manage traffic flow.

The thing that people forget at these types of junctions is to keep the intersection clear, many times I’ve come to turn, say from the Duisburg side, up to Brussels, and had to sit and wait forever because people ignored the yield sign and stopped in the middle of the junction blocking anyone wanting to turn. A yield sign is a yield sign no matter what side of the road it’s placed, it has to be respected. 

Ive noticed though, that when people do yield and allow turning traffic the right of way, traffic runs smooth, as soon as someone cuts across the junction or ignores the yield signs, that’s when issues start arising.

• 2 weeks later...

I admit, it's a pretty bad design with the Yield signs, however if that's what it is like IRL, then that's why it is in the game like that.

Yield signs are to be respected no matter what, punishments are given out by admins on the basis of road signs and law breakers.

You can not have a go at admins, they are simply doing their job that they get told to do in their spare time, they have a life outside of gaming as well, which is what some people need to remember.

Archived