Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

More understandable Rule: §3.3 - Floating and clipping parts

The rule §3.3 - Floating and clipping parts should be changed?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. The rule §3.3 - Floating and clipping parts should be changed?

• Yes, this rule should be more understandable
    • No, it's ok as it is

Suggestion Name: Change or make it more undestandable (With picture for example)

Suggestion Description: Make the rule 3.3 more accurate and add some picture for more undestandable reasons..

§3.3 - Floating and clipping parts*

It is not permitted to use parts which float from the truck or trailer, such as floating cargo models (even if only one object in the model is floating). It is not permitted to use any parts which cause models to clip through each other, such as a cargo model which clips through the truck cab - minor clipping such as between the parts of a hybrid truck are permitted.

Any example images: 

With this r_grill, the beacon and the horn seems to be attached to the cab, this is 100% realistic as many trucks (almost all) have horns attached directly on the cab, not on grills:
r_grill spoiler:

Spoiler

W7eH2FV.png

3jfCArq.png

1x b_grill from mercedes

1x b_grill from DAF DLC:

Spoiler

bL6xHkW.png

It only float for more or less 3cm from the truck..

On Renault Premium, it only float for 1cm or less:

Spoiler

DqFAngN.png

LGILGoP.png

I can understand this:

No, this can't be allowed:

Spoiler

Cow-on-Car-Trailer-3.jpg

Why should it be added?: Objects like the one I've put on my 2 trucks (picture inside above spoilers) doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't affect my gameplay and doesn't affect the other's players gameplay. Those objects doesn't float 1km away from the truck.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there @[23]ThunderSky,

Thanks for submitting a suggestion to TruckersMP!
I appreciate your views on Rule §3.3 and the images you provided do not look realistic and are still against the rules. As of the latest Road to Simulation #3 update, we have added a knowledge base article with photo examples of what we allow and what is not allowed: https://truckersmp.com/kb/780 but at this moment in time, we have no plans to change the rules in the way you suggested.

After review, this suggestion has been rejected.

yo