Screenshots with F12

So, I'm cruising along through Washington and come upon a beautiful bridge, meandering it's way thorugh some nice dense forest......

I think great time for a screenshot... Hit F12.... Yellow warning comes up says "You Must Stop Your Truck To Tak A Screenshot"..... I'm sorry... what???

Since when???

As far as I know, you guys are allowed to play with SCS software but cannot circumvent Steam software.....

It's not right..... Taking a screenshot with the F12 key affects gameplay in NO shape or form.....

You need to bring it back.....

10 minutes ago, Szabotage said:

So, I'm cruising along through Washington and come upon a beautiful bridge, meandering it's way thorugh some nice dense forest......

I think great time for a screenshot... Hit F12.... Yellow warning comes up says "You Must Stop Your Truck To Tak A Screenshot"..... I'm sorry... what???

Since when???

Since I can remember (minimum 2017)

10 minutes ago, Szabotage said:

As far as I know, you guys are allowed to play with SCS software but cannot circumvent Steam software.....

It's not right..... Taking a screenshot with the F12 key affects gameplay in NO shape or form.....

You need to bring it back.....

F12 affects the gameplay.
When you press F12, your set will stop for a short time, causing danger for players following you.
That's why this and many other options / keys have been blocked while driving

3 hours ago, Szabotage said:

No, it doesn't affect gameplay

Yes it does, when you take a screenshot there is a momentary freeze in the game.  That freeze is a hazard to anyone driving behind you as you've now stopped moving suddenly.  Even in single player there is a noticable FPS drop when you take a screenshot.

3 hours ago, Szabotage said:

And since 2017?? Weird, I was using it yesterday....

I highly doubt that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived