Bright Headlights

--.RitchiE.--

I don't believe there's a rule regarding it.  However even though it's not totally blinding it is a little annoying at times.

Depending on each player's settings, highbeams can be blinding and will be most likely annoying, specially on narrow roads, not so much on wide highways. Even more when the player with them on has like 12 extra lamps on rooftop bar and the bullbar... I only use them (regular ones, no extra bars) when there's no one in front of my truck.

If necessary at all, I use high beams only according to real world traffic law. 

Basically, it forbids using them in built-up areas, and they should be turned off if upcoming traffic approaches or if closely following traffic. 

As on the simulation servers national traffic laws have to be considered, I think your question about a rule can therefore be answered with yes. 

There are no rules regarding when and when not to use certain lights.

however common sense says that you use your main lights during night time and only use high beams of visibility is low and there are no trucks in front of you going in either direction.

During the day you don't need lights on, certainly not high beams and they cause distraction and in real life they can blind you.

When using only standard lights, it is not much of a problem (including DAF and 2016 Scania built in roof lights, I always uninstall additional lights under the windshield of 2016 Scania).

But there absolutely should be rule about stupidly large number of additional lights, because some people slap one in every possible slot just to annoy others, when they drive like that with high beams even in broad daylight, or in areas with street lights,  and they appear as bright blinding smudge of light when they come at you at night. Same goes for constantly enabled beacons and strobe lights, while not pulling anything slowly or oversized, or even just bobtailing around. I consider everyone behaving like that being just arrogant.

There is setting in the tab menu about additional lights, but I don't see any difference between it being checked or unchecked.

personally I have the extra lights on my Scania r730. I use them as decerations and that's it. the only high beams I use are the trucks built in ones, including the 2 extra slots that you can add them in as part of the cab. if I see someone along the road I will turn off my high beams. then after passing them I turn them back on. it is called being polite.

This is something part of preventive driving in term close of the accidents to avoid, it's obliged all the time to use low beam even if it rains torrential, snowing, entering tunnels or other factors may include reducing visibility, on certain roads when is well illuminated such as when you approaching a city, village, borders, gas station etc., or when you begin to see street lamps then you shall use it otherwise is mandatory to use at night somewhere from between 8:00 - 8:45PM, speaking of high roof lamps it's also wisely to take in considerate not exaggerating adding too much as @FernandoCR [ESP] stated above. High beam should in concomitant to use on only full night as well what @Joao Rodrigues said so with exception never drive at a higher speed than the one that lets you stop at the distance you see clearly in front of the headlights and so when someone approaching 100m from opposite direction, turn immediately to low beam then turn back when you assured. In case of blindness, look to the right side of the road, not directly to the approaching headlights also make sure to turn off when seeing in visibility of tail, signal and brake lights on the go so that you would see player intention in front .

The difference is when between night driving and daytime driving is visibility. It seems obvious, but when driving at night, the ability to see in front and the ability of other drivers to see you is low. effects caused by low visibility are:

• The difficulty of seeing information
  • The edges of the road are hardly visible
  • Extra effort for the eyes

Simple, eh?

On 7/17/2019 at 3:26 AM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

^ Definitely annoying at times, especially (in my opinion) players constantly flashing their highbeams.  

How so? I'm thinking it may be useless in simulator because in certain scenarios not all players gets to the point of known which can be intended to show a variety of different messages like including to warn to other drivers of road hazards, telling a driver they can pass through or alerting a driver of speed or police traps, disable high beam and it can also be a form of aggressive driving. The using of headlight flashing varies.

17 hours ago, Slosai said:

How so? I'm thinking it may be useless in simulator because in certain scenarios not all players gets to the point of known which can be intended to show a variety of different messages like including to warn to other drivers of road hazards, telling a driver they can pass through or alerting a driver of speed or police traps, disable high beam and it can also be a form of aggressive driving. The using of headlight flashing varies.

I'm not talking about someone giving a quick flash of their highbeams for a legitimate reason, I'm referring to the players that spam them off constantly for no reason.  Some twat coming up behind me on the highway and just spamming his highbeams isn't informational or helpful, it's useless spam(or road rage in real life).

In real life Bright headlights can be a danger especially on country roads at night, I don't personally drive with full-on beams 24/7, Only on really dark areas, I turn them off when another truck is approaching so I don't blind them. 

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

Personally, at night I use the high-beams to see where I am going, but when there's a truck oncoming on the other side of the road, I turn them off to low-beam until they're passed and then I chuck them back on because I also do this in RL when I'm driving around.

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

4 hours ago, SarahMaddy said:

Personally, at night I use the high-beams to see where I am going, but when there's a truck oncoming on the other side of the road, I turn them off to low-beam until they're passed and then I chuck them back on because I also do this in RL when I'm driving around.

^Same :) ^ 
I know how annoying it is, when people drives around IRL, with high beams on at all times. :/ Yes, you need to keep your eyes on your side of the road. But sometimes, that can be really hard, especially when someone is shining right through your damn skull :/ XD

And because of how the lightning in ETS2 works, its not really 'blinding'. It may be annoying, but its not that bad :) 

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Archived