Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Steam controller integration not working after last update

RedPiggy

Question

Hello everyone,

So i've started playing multiplayer again and my Steam controller stopped working properly. It seems that custom bindings are not importing from Steam, even if i set them for launcher, but when i launch ETS2 by itself, everything is working as should be. It was working until one of the latest updates. I'm 70% sure there must be something wrong with the TruckersMP launcher integration.

Thanks for replies. Any help is appreciated, I'm trying to resolve this not only for me but for everybody else.

SOLUTION

Try to reinstall TruckersMP, it should be working after that.

Edited by RedPiggy
Added solution

RedPiggy

Languages: us.gif | cz.gif

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Pravidla | Nábor | Podpora | Zpětná vazba | TruckersMP tým | Návody | Nápady

—————————————————————————————————————————

Feel free to contact me at one of these platforms if you need to get something translated

| TruckersMP | World Of Trucks | Discord | Steam |

6 answers to this question

As one of the few users that actually uses a Steam Controller, I had this exact same problem as of the latest update. Since ETS2 changed the Steam Controller settings in the update, there were bound to be a few problems, and it took me several hours of trial and error to get everything working again. I've got a few fixes here for you, depending on the problem you run into:

1. Make sure you add TruckersMP as a program to Steam. Simply use the dropdown menu under Games and click Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library. Make sure you have your ETS2 setup in your personal bindings menu, otherwise you'll have to set it up all over again.
  2. In the game, make sure your controller settings are how they should be. I've personally had issues where it automatically sets itself to Keyboard+Mouse. Make sure you select the Steam Controller option - it should be in there, though it looks a bit wonky with a lot of numbers.
    • Also make sure your throttle and break settings are correct. In my case it automatically assigned these to my stick and not to the bumpers. This one took me a while to figure out.

Please tell me if these solutions solve the problem for you. If it doesn't I'd love to look into this deeper with you, as I've had similar issues and know how much of a pain it is to configure everything correctly.

2 hours ago, Raeker said:

As one of the few users that actually uses a Steam Controller, I had this exact same problem as of the latest update. Since ETS2 changed the Steam Controller settings in the update, there were bound to be a few problems, and it took me several hours of trial and error to get everything working again. I've got a few fixes here for you, depending on the problem you run into:

1. Make sure you add TruckersMP as a program to Steam. Simply use the dropdown menu under Games and click Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library. Make sure you have your ETS2 setup in your personal bindings menu, otherwise you'll have to set it up all over again.
  2.  In the game, make sure your controller settings are how they should be. I've personally had issues where it automatically sets itself to Keyboard+Mouse. Make sure you select the Steam Controller option - it should be in there, though it looks a bit wonky with a lot of numbers.
    • Also make sure your throttle and break settings are correct. In my case it automatically assigned these to my stick and not to the bumpers. This one took me a while to figure out.

Please tell me if these solutions solve the problem for you. If it doesn't I'd love to look into this deeper with you, as I've had similar issues and know how much of a pain it is to configure everything correctly.

Thanks for reply. I'm sorry that i haven't made myself clear enough. The controller is working as it should, however all of my custom bindings are not. The only things that working are Throttle (RT), Brake (LT) and steering (Joystick). All of my custom bindings, such as for example Mouse (Right Touchpad) or Turn signals (Bumpers) are not working at all. Also this problem is only occurring within TruckersMP, the vanilla game is working perfectly, so its not problem with game settings.

RedPiggy

Feel free to contact me at one of these platforms if you need to get something translated

2 minutes ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

Hello @RedPiggy,

As I see, you edited your topic and wrote a solution there, so has your problem been solved?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,
BL4CK$K1LL
TruckersMP Support

Hello,

i'm sorry, i forgot. Thanks for reminding.

With regards,

RedPiggy

RedPiggy