Correction of a "slow speed" limit zones

Suggestion Name: Correction of a "slow speed" limit zones

Suggestion Description:

When You drive in cities You have automatic speed limit. Earlier it was 80kmph, now it is 60kmph. I have no problem with that - if fact i think that was a good idea to make a 60kmph in cities. There is less accidents now. 
BUT this speed limit apply also for some of the highways. Ideal example is Odense - You drive on a highway, You have 80kmph speed limit od highway, Your GPS says also speed limit is 80kmph, BUT You are slowed down to 60kmph. There are many places with this problem - Stockholm, Oslo, Kopenhagen, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brest, Lyon, Toulouse...

Speed zones should be corrected  - limit in cities is a good think. But it should not apply for highways near the cities.

Why should it be added?:

Because it is irritating when You see 80kmph on Your GPS, 80kmph on road signs, and You are slowed down to 60kmph. It is not realistic, it's breaking fuel economy, and should be corrected.

• Upvote 5
  • True Story 3

Raffi

----

Za każdym razem, gdy do firanki podpinasz 8x4 i włączasz koguty gdzieś na świecie umiera w cierpieniu mały szczeniaczek.
Every time You attach curtain trailer to 8x4 and turn your beacons on - somewhere dies cute little puppy.

• 2 months later...
  • Project Manager

Heyho,

We are aware of this problem. Unfortunately, these "city zones" were set by SCS Software, we just applied a speed limit on them. Due to SCS updating the map actively, we cannot define our own "city zones" which makes it impossible to set our own city speed limit. However, we do plan to change this in future as it has a negative impact on the simulation experience. For now, we need to live with it.

Thanks for your understanding.

//Rejected (for now)

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡