Inactive CB Radio Problem

Kangol

Question

Hi, I did try and find a solution to this problem here and elsewhere but no luck. I am not running any mods.

My CB radio isn’t working at all. When I join the ETS2 MP server it is off without any channel numbers showing. I hit TAB and right click then try to press all over the front of the CB including the area a Youtube says the On switch is and get nothing (it should be on by default when I join the game?). I tested my mic in-game on the panel display and it works fine.

Appreciate any help.

10 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, [VIVA] TruckerJ said:

Good morning, 

I can see that you are not very happy. I will try my best to help you sort out this issue, can you please provide me with some more information. 

Thanks, 
Josh

Hi Josh and thanks for the reply - I’m not sure what further information I can give?

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I made a short video showing where the ON/OFF button is and where to click to set channel up/channel down. This was made in a Scania R 2009 truck, in different trucks the CB radio can be located in a different place, but the controls should be in the same places. Try it and tell us if it worked:

Thanks, but no luck after clicking all around the vicinity of what should be the On switch.

Again - shouldn’t the CB be on by default when I join the game?

That makes me think it’s something else because I am a new player and I’ve never used it before or switched it off.

Is it possible I’ve done something n00bish and not set something else up or created a conflict? Is it something I need to buy or activate? 

My gut tells me when I find the solution I will kick myself. :-)

36 minutes ago, [Mega Trans] CrystaL said:

What about update or reinstall sound drivers  maybe this one help

I know my Realtek drivers are not current but not that old either. I have no sound issue in any games except for this one specific issue.

But  I’ll update my drivers tomorrow anyway.

You are right about the CB being ON by default, and in channel 19. Check MP settings (the small cog in the lower left corner of the Players Near You window) and see if in General, you have "Default CB radio channel" in 19 (it can be changed). Maybe that space is blank, never seen it like that, but I can't think of anything else. Other than doing a repair or clean reinstall of the TMP launcher. To try the easiest way, run the launcher and hit F1, so it will download all files again. If that doesn't work, you can also try uninstalling the launcher, then go to C:\Program Data\ and delete the TruckersMP folder. Then download from the website and install again.

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.
Thanks to all for participation!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive