Was there always speed limiters?

FrenchBoi

Question

Sorry if this is not in the good categories or anything as I'm not a forum user but, was there always speed limiters in truckersmp?

Last time I played was in 2018 (and even more before in 2017) and I remember you could go as fast as you'd want, now it seems to be limited to 110 km/h on highways and 60 km/h in cities. Why? Or is it just my memory being bad and it was always limited like this?

10 answers to this question

EU #1 had a city speed limit of (if memory serves) 37mph (59.5 km/h) and a maximum speed of 69mph (111km/h)

EU #2 had a city speed limit of (again if memory serves) 50mph (80.4 km/h) and a maximum speed of 93mph (149.6 km/h)

EU #3 (Not sure if EU#3 had a city speed limit or not) and the top speed was around 93mph (149.6 km/h)

Anything before September 2018 others will have to fill you in (thanks in advance)

The new setup and all info regarding it is in this post here:

Regards

Your memory is fine. First, there was EU#1 with speed limits at 90 Km/h, then EU#2 was opened without speed limits. Beginning of 2015 (more or less) EU#1 server's limits were changed to 60/110 Km/h. Later on, EU#3 and EU#4 were opened, same settings as EU#2, only EU#3 didn't allow cars and EU#4 was no-collisions everywhre. Some time later (around March 2018) all servers were limited, letting EU#1 at 60/110 Km/h, and EU#2, EU#3 and EU#4 at 80/150 Km/h. Recently (couple of weeks ago), the servers were changed into Simulation 1 and Simulation 2, limited at 60/110 Km/h and Arcade 1 and Arcade 2, without speed limits and without collisions.

• Like 2

Hello!

The 3 most common reasons for speedlimiters are:

External contracts are always limited to 90km/h (or w/e that is in mph, these contracts are always limited - the idea is that everyone gets equal and as close to real-life conditions as possible)
You've got enabled speedlimiter at MP's settings (at the end)
The ATS EU1 and ETS EU1 servers are limited to 110km/h

30 minutes ago, FrenchBoi said:

Yeah I still have another question but it's not in the topic of the "was there always speed limiters", it's more about what are they doing with cars, in the topic the englishman sent apparently their going to "trial" mode but what would that mean is blurry to me.

That means they might consider not allowing cars on the simulation servers. I think it's probably unlikely to happen but we'll see.

• Like 1

Dear @FrenchBoi

Your  topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply,due to this  i will move your  topic to Inactive Topics

if you need any assistance,feel free to DM me or other support team members,we will open this again.

Thanks for all participation!

Thank you for your understanding!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive