Micro stuttering/Lag (not related to ping)

Snake31337

Question

9 answers to this question

Maybe you're facing with "bottleneck" issue. 

Try to defragment your HDD.

And these are the solutions that i found at Google.

If you're using NVidia product:

Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\
Open config.cfg with notepad and search for "g_save_format" "2" if you see number 2 change it to 1 .
then go to your profile folder then find config.cfg. Do the same thing. Open with notepad and search for "g_save_idx" "1" needs to be 1. I have GTX 7704GB and I have no problem like lags or stuttering. Maybe you need to check out Nvida Control Panel and change some settings.

Second solution way:

I fixed many of my performance issues by going into the 'Set Launch Options' in the ETS2 and putting in this command:

-homedir g:\'

' being the name of the folder being created (you can change ' to whatever folder name you want)

set g to whatever drive you have the game installed on. Launch the game. Shut it off. go to Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and copy everything. Now go to G drive, or whatever you set it as, open the folder '

There will be a Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder in there, paste everything from the documents folder in there.

Now run the game, your save should be there, and hopefully it will run better.

image.php?u=4694956&type=sigpic&dateline

Hello, some answers were given above, has your problem been solved?

I await your return!

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

3 hours ago, Snake31337 said:

I tried all of the 3 ways. It seemed to me that it fixed it but it still lags a bit. Nonetheless, thanks for your help

I'm happy to hear that your problem is kinda solved. So, let's try to solve the rest. You don't have to reinstall your graphic card. Just always keep that up to date. Check out your other Windows updates. If there's exist few updates, install them.

On the other hand, if your hardware is not that good, try to decrease your graphic settings. In the multiplayer mode; press TAB and uncheck the Cabin Accessories option.

image.php?u=4694956&type=sigpic&dateline

16 hours ago, kuzn8s said:

I'm happy to hear that your problem is kinda solved. So, let's try to solve the rest. You don't have to reinstall your graphic card. Just always keep that up to date. Check out your other Windows updates. If there's exist few updates, install them.

On the other hand, if your hardware is not that good, try to decrease your graphic settings. In the multiplayer mode; press TAB and uncheck the Cabin Accessories option.

20 hours ago, DJFrontier said:

Hello, some answers were given above, has your problem been solved?

I await your return!

Nope. I updated the graphics card drivers, it's still lagging. I'm going to try updating windows and see how it goes.

Yes, my hardware is not good, everything is on low (I disabled everything I could, even Cabin Accessories). I still think the lag can be somehow fixed since this is happening since some of the last updates.

@DJFrontier

No it hasn't been solved yet :(

Thanks to everyone for their help, hopefully someone comes up with something 

I think I found a fix that works, I'm still gonna wait like 2 days to test it.

1 The first thing I did was to check the HDMI cable (in my case the VGA cable :( old pc). 

Source: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/all-games-micro-stuttering.2596572/

2 The second thing i tried was to:

1. Run cmd as administrator

2. Type (bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes)

3. Profit?

Source: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/391091-how-to-fix-or-reduce-micro-stuttering-in-every-game/

I don't know which of the two did it, but that's probably it. As I said, I'm still gonna wait 2 days to test it better. 

Again, thanks to everyone for your help ;)

@kuzn8s

@DJFrontier

p.s. i hope i don't forget to update you if it works or not

• HaulieLove 1

Hello @Snake31337, we will be waiting for your tests, do not forget to return to this topic to confirm if it has been solved. ^_^

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021