Website v2.9 release

ShawnCZek

Hello, I really appreciate your answers. 

4 hours ago, Kid Fabi said:

I recommend to record any situation you think, you can be reported for. Even better, record the whole gameplay and keep it for some time, preferably more than 1 month, since according to the rules, you cannot be reported / banned for something what happened more than 30 days earlier.

I already do this, by saving said clips in a separate folder called "risks", for 1+ months, as I don't like recording entire gameplay sessions, because of higher disk usage and possible corruption. 
Keep up the great work :)

• Like 1

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

As much as this system would nice in-game, as well, you can easily make a clip when you see "you've been reported. Make you to have a valid counter evidence, in case of a ban" as the in-game reports are 2 mins back. 

But it's pointless on the website if users can't see evidence. I don't really see what's behind "breach of privacy", if we get evidence with ban anyway. 

In the report system, there should be a new box called "Evidence" where user's would put the links to the evidence. So reported users won't see who reported them but will know why they've been reported and be able to have actual evidence of it. 

• Upvote 3

banner

I support what you say. please managers, think about this again.

For example, when sending a report, we paste the videos where we write comments.

When reporting users, I suggest creating a special box for videos.

videos or evidences can be seen by the reported user, and can offer counter-evidence

I can see that the problem could be when someone is reported and gets the evidence but then the report is declined. The reported players are not banned, but they know who reported them (or can at least find out quite easily, via their own videos or the game logs) and this can be seen as a privacy violation, I guess.

But what Chris said above is true, the best option would be to have the system warn the players that have been reported both in-game and on the website, in-game, no evidence needed, they'd have at least the option to use any instant-replay video recording software to save the last X minutes of gameplay and have their own video for a possible appeal, when the report was submitted on the web, evidence should be provided, the report has to contain a link to the video/image showing the alleged infraction. This would give the reported players a chance to see why they were reported and to send their own counter-evidence before the report has been dealt with. If they have to wait until after the report has been solved, there are two possible outcomes: Accepted or Declined, a declined report is no big deal, no need to appeal, period. But an accepted report, that's a different story.

I'm telling this because of the one time I was banned. I didn't know until I tried to launch MP and saw the message. So I checked, saw the evidence (funniest thing, the evidence was a video that I had used in one report of mine, the GM had decided that it was me the one that deserved to be banned), sent the appeal explaining what was wrong in that decission. The GM wouldn't accept my explanations, so I had no other choice than to send a feedback ticket. The manager saw that I was right, that the crash had been caused by the other player without me doing anything wrong, so the ban was removed from my profile. Conclussion: Someone who deserved to be banned was spared and I was banned for X days without deserving it. Yes, the ban disappeared, but the X days I had been unable to play... They didn't. Most of the times, those BANBYMISTAKE that happen now and then will have that same outcome, players wrongfully banned for X days because their appeals took longer to be solved than the duration of the ban.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Why reverted rip :(

I see now rip

4 hours ago, CJMAXiK said:

v2.9.24 (10th February 2020)

• "Report notification" has been reverted, see this comment for details:
  • Fix links styling in bullet lists
  • Login/Logout/Reset/2FA flow improvements, see the pictures:

Reveal hidden contents

8tH4VjB.png

4Jth53X.png

2SVspmF.png 

If a user is reported, they should not have a chance to delete account. if the reported user cannot delete his account, there is no problem.

• Game Developer

@[VIVA] Aborjin We cannot remove the right to delete an account for someone due to GDPR. Even reports that are dealt with quickly would be an issue and some reports might even take days/weeks to be proceed (due to different processes).

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

Technically such report notification system would have setting in user's profile while default setting is "disabled". If user wishes to receive such notifications, he would enable it in his profile's site settings. Also, there should be a way to add the system, which would check how much time has passed since last successful login. There's nothing more annoying than rammer deleting his TruckersMP account before the victim creates web report against him. 

• True Story 2

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

• Game Developer

2.9.36 (17th May 2020)

• Added the ability to hide your linked Discord account (private by default).
  • Added discordSnowflake to the /v2/player API end-point (returns null if private or no account linked).
  • Changed the way we fetch your Discord username and discriminator on your profile.
  • Upvote 2

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

Thanks for the Update.

And thanks for putting the garage locations on the profile information.

But, the cities are not sorted by alphabet, the cities from Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey are the last on the list.

There is missing garage locations from Corsica from patch 1.36 and Utah from ATS.

On the profile "Preferred Trucks" there is missing Mack and International as new Truck brands on ATS.

Please, fix this problems.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Andalusi Trucker said:

Thanks for the Update.

And thanks for putting the garage locations on the profile information.

But, the cities are not sorted by alphabet, the cities from Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey are the last on the list.

There is missing garage locations from Corsica from patch 1.36 and Utah from ATS.

On the profile "Preferred Trucks" there is missing Mack and International as new Truck brands on ATS.

Please, fix this problems.

Thanks

Thank you for letting us know about this, I will fix this soon.

• Upvote 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

15 hours ago, Andalusi Trucker said:

I have edited the order in which the garages could be found previously to now be in order alphabetically. I have also added the three missing garages from Corsica and have added two new truck brands.

Thanks again for letting us know.

• Upvote 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

On 2019/12/10 at AM3点33分, ScaniaFan89 said:

考虑到当时的一切,这是一个相当低的优先级

What

• 2 weeks later...

2.9.39 (11th July 2020)

• Improvements to the report creation page
  • Added isStaff and isUpperStaff to permissions in the /v2/player API endpoint
  • Added Patreon data to the /v2/player API endpoint
  • Backend fixes & improvements
  • Internal updates & fixes
  • ahem-ahem something special incoming ahem-ahem
  • Like 1
  • Woah! 1

2 hours ago, CJMAXiK said:

ahem-ahem something special incoming ahem-ahem

What could it be? ?

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel