Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Definitive solution to trolls.

Suggestion name: As title.

Suggestion description: It's clear that the recent changes have not stopped trolls. And no similar changes will, bringing collisions to arcade servers will only make trolls to spread in all of them, increasing speed limits in Simulation servers will mean nothing. So... Let's be clear, what is it that trolls want to do? They want to ruin other players' game experience. What's trolls weapon? Collisions. Also, these latest changes have made "the majority" of the playerbase unhappy, they want collision enabled in arcade servers, no speed limits in Simulation servers or both things. It has been said that enabling collisions in arcade is a no-go and removing or increasing speed limits in simulation is also a no-go, so...

That's why I'm suggesting to disable collisions in the Simulation servers. Most people will probably think that I'm insane, but...

1 - No collisions means that there's no chance to ram, block, driving wrong way would have no consequences, etc. Trolls would be completely harmless. All they would be able to do is verbal attacks, harassments, insults, etc. And this would be handled by - see Point 4.

2 - Speeding fans would have no further excuse to play in the Simulation servers "because it has collisions", they would most probably go to the Arcade servers, where at least they'd be able to drive as fast as they wanted.

3 - Quite a lot of the "simulation" would be lost by removing collisions, but players who like to drive in simulation style would be able to do exactly the same as now. I mean, I wouldn't change the way I drive only because there are no collisions... I'd still yield to others, stop at red lights, etc. Currently, I'm one of those who wait until the player parking a trailer ends and leaves the spot free (and those are in NCZ).

4 - Game moderators would only need to worry about language offenses, insults, racism, swearing, etc.

Once again, I don't believe that this suggestion will go anywhere other than the trash bin, but I thought the same about my previous one and, well... :P

Any example images: Not needed.

Why should it be added: To end with the current wars in TMP: The war against trolls. The war between those who are happy with the current servers and those who demand to enable collisions in arcade servers or remove speed limits from simulation servers. To turn reports into something merely anecdotic.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • HaulieCry 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • Confused 7

• 2 months later...