What to do in Duisburg?

Jeroen

• Business Analyst

So, I was driving around Duisburg today and came across this situation: it was very busy at the junction and people were coming from the highway (Dusseldorf -> Duisburg) and going right to the workstation. I was coming from the direction of the player owned garage. I'm always respecting traffic lights and rules, but a lot of people are not. So this resulted in me waiting for about 15 minutes at the traffic light, so that the junction would remain free for people from the highway going left to the player owned garage and for people from the workstation going left to the highway directing Dusseldorf. Everyone coming from the highway kept going right and nobody gave way to me, so eventually I decided I would just move forward and claim my spot peacefully. 

This resulted in the following:

https://imgur.com/3BoL1uM

Yellow boxes are other cars/trucks/trailers. Red box is me. Blue box is opposing traffic that wants to go to the highway.

The blue truck was not able to turn left because I was blocking the junction now. It took about a minute for the traffic jam to move so that I could free the junction, but let's assume someone records me doing this, is this considered blocking and is it thus punishable, even though nobody was giving me an opportunity to move forward properly? And what would be the best advice if one comes across a situation like this? Just move to the right (the highway) yourself to completely evade this from happening? Or just evade Duisburg in general? :D

Well, traffic rules says that you cannot enter junction if you cannot exit it, so situation like this won't happen. I don't know if you could get banned for this (I don't think so), I think that kick is way to go in situation like this. So next time please wait at traffic lights even if it's green for you, if you see that you cannot leave the junction.

Alis*

The best job is one you can play The Witcher 3 in - click

• Business Analyst
10 minutes ago, [RLC] Alis* said:

Well, traffic rules says that you cannot enter junction if you cannot exit it, so situation like this won't happen. I don't know if you could get banned for this (I don't think so), I think that kick is way to go in situation like this. So next time please wait at traffic lights even if it's green for you, if you see that you cannot leave the junction.

Yeah. that's exactly what I did. Didn't work, though, because people were overtaking from behind (because "I was taking too long") and others from the highway were continuously piling up and going right, no matter if they had green or red light.

43 minutes ago, Jeronimeau said:

So, I was driving around Duisburg today and came across this situation: it was very busy at the junction and people were coming from the highway (Dusseldorf -> Duisburg) and going right to the workstation. I was coming from the direction of the player owned garage. I'm always respecting traffic lights and rules, but a lot of people are not. So this resulted in me waiting for about 15 minutes at the traffic light, so that the junction would remain free for people from the highway going left to the player owned garage and for people from the workstation going left to the highway directing Dusseldorf. Everyone coming from the highway kept going right and nobody gave way to me, so eventually I decided I would just move forward and claim my spot peacefully. 

This resulted in the following:

https://imgur.com/3BoL1uM

Yellow boxes are other cars/trucks/trailers. Red box is me. Blue box is opposing traffic that wants to go to the highway.

The blue truck was not able to turn left because I was blocking the junction now. It took about a minute for the traffic jam to move so that I could free the junction, but let's assume someone records me doing this, is this considered blocking and is it thus punishable, even though nobody was giving me an opportunity to move forward properly? And what would be the best advice if one comes across a situation like this? Just move to the right (the highway) yourself to completely evade this from happening? Or just evade Duisburg in general? :D

Were you going to LKW? If not, you could have turned right& gone to Dusseldorf if you needed to use the services or leave the area! 

My advice for cases like that is always the same: Disconnect, launch SP, drive away from the area, park in a safe place, exit, back to MP. And my advice to avoid cases like that... Don't go near Calais or Duisburg when the server has more than 2000 players connected. For some weird reason, it seems that 50% of the players in the server are attracted to where they are most likely to be trolled. Not me, thank you.

Because there is service station and loads of players around, everybody using F7 will end up there. Avoid this junction, unless you are going to turn right, instead, use the backstreet that goes around the city and passes over the highway exit if you need to go to any of the two company yards in the city or the garage. Don't even try to use the service station.

If the intersection is free the moment your traffic light switches to green you are entitled to enter/ cross the intersection.
All following traffic that does not respect their red traffic light and enters the intersection still in front of you must not be considered as existent in that moment.
As a matter of fact, you could report them for blocking (the intersection) and failing to give way. The latter however would unlikely be punished without an accident caused by it...

My advise is to always record your gameplay.

By that you can prove that you had a green traffic light when entering the intersection and consequently the others were ignoring their red traffic light. Just in case some of these ignorant drivers wanna be funny and report you...

3 hours ago, Bogdan32 said:

That road have a very big problem, because the truckers doesn't look at the traffic lights and start speeding on the wrong way, than creates an accident.

So a roundabout should be created instead of this intersection only for the multiplayer ^^ (why not by the Add-on team if that and possible of course) for better traffic.

@Nathrob That would relax the problem a bit, but we all know that many of these people would simply run the roundabout on the wrong way. Most of them don't know how roundabouts work, the priorities, etc. And the add-on team would probably reject any suggestions to modify the map, even when they are able to (they changed the map in ATS for the Big Sur event), because it would become into lots of other requests to change this or change that. And every changes in the map would raise the DEVs work by a lot every time SCS releases an update.

12 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Nathrob That would relax the problem a bit, but we all know that many of these people would simply run the roundabout on the wrong way. Most of them don't know how roundabouts work, the priorities, etc. And the add-on team would probably reject any suggestions to modify the map, even when they are able to (they changed the map in ATS for the Big Sur event), because it would become into lots of other requests to change this or change that. And every changes in the map would raise the DEVs work by a lot every time SCS releases an update.

Yes, of course I understand that was just an example. If the majority would respect the rules of the road then I thought maybe it could have been done to streamline traffic.

@Nathrob If the majority would respect the rules of the road... This would not be TMP :LUL:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love that, but there are too many kids, too many GTA-style fans, too many "It's just a game" players who will never respect the rules of the road. Some rules, maybe, all of them... They would need to be brain-washed or something similar :troll:

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It would be really nice if they could create some map edits in duisburg. The city is way too small to handle 100+ players. I made this suggestion awhile ago to add new roads to duisburg but it was rejected because of a false reason which is adding a mod and that's obviously not a mod it's editing the map. 

Duisburg is a lost cause. It's like the port at Rotterdam 2? years ago where it took you 30-45 minutes to make it from the intersection to get to Amsterdam to the port. I try to avoid Duisburg if at all possible but sometimes the money is just too good not to.

@JonathanVE [NL] It seems clear that it's too much to ask. If all players did that, there would be no chaos at all (although the waiting times would be a lot higher) but... Too many people seem to be oblivious of the traffic rules, there are kids playing who probably don't know what the traffic signs mean and so on... Since it's not mandatory to have a license in order to play, it can't be expected that everyone will take the time to learn the traffic regulations, so they'll do as they want, run red lights, keep going when they should yield, try to exit a NCZ with traffic on the road, etc. And... Chaos guaranteed, specially in the most crowded areas.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@JonathanVE [NL] It seems clear that it's too much to ask. If all players did that, there would be no chaos at all (although the waiting times would be a lot higher) but... Too many people seem to be oblivious of the traffic rules, there are kids playing who probably don't know what the traffic signs mean and so on... Since it's not mandatory to have a license in order to play, it can't be expected that everyone will take the time to learn the traffic regulations, so they'll do as they want, run red lights, keep going when they should yield, try to exit a NCZ with traffic on the road, etc. And... Chaos guaranteed, specially in the most crowded areas.

That is the problem.

284174119_role_VeteranI.png.f09bfbb8fe2a

license plate: JVERKEL

16 hours ago, Nathrob said:

So a roundabout should be created instead of this intersection only for the multiplayer ^^ (why not by the Add-on team if that and possible of course) for better traffic.

That's a good suggestion, because nobody gives priority and that's a reason why it makes a big crowd in some cities.

76561198961959232.png

On 7/7/2019 at 3:14 PM, [RLC] Alis* said:

This rule should be stated more often, and be highlighted.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:10 AM, flibberdipper said:

Duisburg is a lost cause. It's like the port at Rotterdam 2? years ago where it took you 30-45 minutes to make it from the intersection to get to Amsterdam to the port. I try to avoid Duisburg if at all possible but sometimes the money is just too good not to.

Guess we'll remind that congested Duisburg when the chaos moves somewhere else again:D

I´ve encountered this exact situation every time I visit extremely congested cities like Calais and Duisburg.

As previously commented above the traffic rules say that you should not enter a roundabout or an intersection if you have to stop in it because you will most likely end up blocking someone. A big problem I've noticed in areas like this is that people ignore these rules and therefore the few of us who obey these rules properly will end up at a standstill and we will never get anywhere, again resulting in us also having to ignore these rules to get out of this mess. 

As far as I'm concerned you will not be banned for this, possibly teleported to service or kicked if it ends up making a big scene.

Sincerely,
Marius, Founder of Quality Express

Archived