Minimum speed

Jeroen

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

So if the police stops you and asks you why you were driving too fast you will answer that you are in a hurry...?
Lack of time is definitely no valid reason to endanger other road traffic participants.

If you do not have the time or do not want to spend so much time to finish a job with a long distance, simply choose a job with a shorter distance. Or, taking realism into account, split your journey into several days. Real truck drivers do not drive 3000km at once neither, they are actually forced by law to make breaks (see: driving and rest periods).

The past however has proven that there are apparently more players NOT being capable of driving a vehicle at excessive speeds safely, which is why speed limits have been implemented in the first place and recently reduced from 150 km/h to 110km/h.

No sense what are you speaking... you are talking about REAL LIFE. Im speaking from the point of view this is a GAME SIMULATION. One of the adventages being a GAME is the fact you can do something more ALWAYS FOLLOWING THE GAME RULES. For example... you omited I said "i can drive perfectly in ONE lane at 150km/h" that is not danger to others on road, even being capable of overtake at 150km/h KEEPING my lane... I always reduce my speed.

One of the adventages of a GAME... is you can do something more than REAL LIFE. In this case I mean about higher speed WITHOUT RISKS (read about ITALY without traffic in my comment). Another fact here, there are REAL TRUCK DRIVERS who like drive a truck faster than normal, this not mean they will do it in REAL LIFE lol

Im a pretty SAFE driver in real life, thats why I like speed up a bit more here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Slosai You see, that player in the video, I call troll. Because there's no need to go so slow and the only reason to do it is to annoy the players behind. I guess that there must be a number of speeders doing this kind of **** as "revenge". They don't realize that the most annoyed ones will be the people who want to go full speed and can't overtake (speeders, like THEM).  Quite an exageration though, "Next 4 hours", when we can see clearly that it took barely 25 minutes in-game time, which is like 3-4 minutes real time.

@McGalcri Sure, it's a game. Where you have 4 servers at your disposal. You choose to play in a limited speed server when you have the chance to play in another one without speed limits, where you'd have no problems to finish your 3000 Km jobs. It's your choice, no one forces you to use this or that server, why complain? This is not about speed, clearly, if it were, the arcade servers would be full of players. And in Simulation 1, that "I like to sped up a bit more here" is present. Real speed limits for trucks are no higher than 90 Km/h in most European countries (only the UK has 97 Km/h limit on highways), you can go 110 Km/h, that's 20-30 Km/h over the limit on most highways and it would be 40-50 Km/h over the limit on many other roads.

1 hour ago, McGalcri said:

No sense what are you speaking... you are talking about REAL LIFE. Im speaking from the point of view this is a GAME SIMULATION. One of the adventages being a GAME is the fact you can do something more ALWAYS FOLLOWING THE GAME RULES. For example... you omited I said "i can drive perfectly in ONE lane at 150km/h" that is not danger to others on road, even being capable of overtake at 150km/h KEEPING my lane... I always reduce my speed.

One of the adventages of a GAME... is you can do something more than REAL LIFE. In this case I mean about higher speed WITHOUT RISKS (read about ITALY without traffic in my comment). Another fact here, there are REAL TRUCK DRIVERS who like drive a truck faster than normal, this not mean they will do it in REAL LIFE lol

Im a pretty SAFE driver in real life, thats why I like speed up a bit more here.

I very much regret that you failed to understand the meaning of my post.
However, I would like to take the opportunity to clarify the obvious.

First off, you mistakenly define ETS2/ ATS as "game simulations", which they are not as they do not simulate games. They are video games meant to be used as truck simulators. To what extend is another matter of personal preference.
IMO, "The road to simulation" seems also to be an attempt to approach real life, hence my comparison.

Furthermore, players that did and do more than "always following the game rules" were/ are mainly responsible for the situation we face at present. As you do not seem to be too happy about the recently introduced speed limit, this kind of behavior apparently did not turn out to be such a great "advantage" at all, does it?

If you had carefully read my post however, you would have noticed that I did not omit your statement of regarding yourself to be a safe driver while driving at an excessive speed of 150km/h.

I will certainly not try to shake you in your belief.

It is quite obvious that in a simulator things can be done without the same consequences as in real life.
But that also takes away a bit the aspect of realism from the simulator.

Frankly, if you want to drive faster than it is actual possible on the simulation servers, why do you not try the arcade servers...?

14 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Slosai You see, that player in the video, I call troll. Because there's no need to go so slow and the only reason to do it is to annoy the players behind. I guess that there must be a number of speeders doing this kind of **** as "revenge". They don't realize that the most annoyed ones will be the people who want to go full speed and can't overtake (speeders, like THEM).  Quite an exageration though, "Next 4 hours", when we can see clearly that it took barely 25 minutes in-game time, which is like 3-4 minutes real time.

@McGalcri Sure, it's a game. Where you have 4 servers at your disposal. You choose to play in a limited speed server when you have the chance to play in another one without speed limits, where you'd have no problems to finish your 3000 Km jobs. It's your choice, no one forces you to use this or that server, why complain? This is not about speed, clearly, if it were, the arcade servers would be full of players. And in Simulation 1, that "I like to sped up a bit more here" is present. Real speed limits for trucks are no higher than 90 Km/h in most European countries (only the UK has 97 Km/h limit on highways), you can go 110 Km/h, that's 20-30 Km/h over the limit on most highways and it would be 40-50 Km/h over the limit on many other roads.

I play ETSMP just for meet as much REAL drivers as I can, i like real traffic, thats why I play Simulation1. For playing alone in Arcade (barely 300-400 drivers)  i prefer single player, but not REAL drivers there. And again... If you want a REAL life videogame, minors than 18 years driving a truck? :D 

A VideoGame cannot be compared with REAL LIFE. And I bet, if the restrictions turns more REALISTIC, amount of player will drop drastically. (its my opinion)

6 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

First off, you mistakenly define ETS2/ ATS as "game simulations", which they are not as they do not simulate games. They are video games meant to be used as truck simulators. To what extend is another matter of personal preference.
IMO, "The road to simulation" seems also to be an attempt to approach real life, hence my comparison.

Furthermore, players that did and do more than "always following the game rules" were/ are mainly responsible for the situation we face at present. As you do not seem to be too happy about the recently introduced speed limit, this kind of behavior apparently did not turn out to be such a great "advantage" at all, does it?

If you had carefully read my post however, you would have noticed that I did not omit your statement of regarding yourself to be a safe driver while driving at an excessive speed of 150km/h.

It is quite obvious that in a simulator things can be done without the same consequences as in real life.

Frankly, if you want to drive faster than it is actual possible on the simulation servers, why do you not try the arcade servers...?

Sorry If I missundertood you, im not english native hehehe. I just want to say... when NOBODY around... why not allowed to drive at 150km/h? 

About "But that also takes away a bit the aspect of realism from the simulator." lets be honest... there are a lot of other toxic behaviour worst than driving at 150km/h taking away the aspect of realism, dont you think?

Anyway... thanks to all for respond with your point of view!! See you around.... or not :lol:

9 hours ago, McGalcri said:

But let be honest.... yes its a game SIMULATOR, but there are people with real job and not many time, so the limit too low (110km/h) in highway will avoid to us to do long journeys for a good reward. 3000km route would take more than 2 hours. 

As I said before (and in another post) there are people without much time for playing and also, we are a lot of people we can drive perfectly in one lane at 150km/h without problems, so limiting to 110Km/h in areas without traffic... I dont like it.

If you want real SIMULATION, you can also implement AI traffic if you are looking for REALITY. 

The same can be said for you players that want to speed or drive recklessly.  If a player doesn't have the time or patience for a slower drive, they're perfectly capable of finding another game to play.

The base game is a simulator and, as evidenced by the constant TMP changes, the TMP devs would like it to be a simulator as well.  If someone wants to think of it as an arcade racing game than they can either go to single player or wait for the joke that is Infinite Truckers to release.

3 hours ago, McGalcri said:

So if a player wants to play it as a game, they can use single player for that.  TMP has a set of rules just like driving in real life.  Any person that wants to drive must obey the driving laws just like any person that wants to play TMP must obey the TMP rules.  You people (speeders) like to seriously cherry pick your arguments since they can constantly be used against you as well.  

3 hours ago, McGalcri said:

Judging from the hidden punishment history I'm going to assume that you're not a safe driver in-game and the rule change is meant for players like you. 

@McGalcri You say it yourself. It's not about going fast, it's about playing with other people. You choose the server with most players, you choose to play with that server's restrictions. If you hate them so much, you can always switch to arcade, to SP or to other games. It came a time when I was in a very similar situation, hated playing in EU#1 because it was like a post-apocalyptic world most of the time, hated playing in EU#2 because it had become almost impossible to finish a job without being rammed by out-of-control speeders, so I left for several months. Came back recently to check and almost the same day, these latest changes were made, so I decided to give TMP a new chance and I'm loving it. Not because it's a "Real life game", which is not, but because:

1 - TMP is based on simulation games, it seems logical to me that the mod is focused on make things go towards simulation.

2 - The changes are almost exactly what I had suggested in this forum.

3 - It's been some weeks, I've driven thousands of Km with only 4 reports sent and 99% of my jobs ended with no damage to the cargo.

Now, many people is asking to remove the speed limits. If the DEVs do that, it's more than likely that I'll just quit TMP again. No complaints, no regrets, they would be just a waste of time. It seems incredible to me how so many people keeps playing a game they apparently don't like when there's a whole world out there with lots of other things to do in their spare time.

3 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Technically you are wrong as ETS and ATS are not true simulators, they are simulate certain aspects of driving a truck, if they were indeed true simulators, you would have to actually get out of your truck and perform tasks by hand, not have to press a button and suddenly an invisible force does it for you, same as if it were true to real life, the map would be scaled 1:1 meaning a trip that says it would take 10hours, ACTUALLY takes 10 hours to complete.

The thing with adding limiters doesn’t change people’s driving habits, hence why if you drive on sim1 you’ll see just as much carnage as you did before the changes were made, in fact, because of the limiter, people don’t drive so fast, meaning they can cause more damage to other players because they don’t go cartwheeling down the road as easily at a lower speed.

The thing that annoys me is that people seem to associate the fact that someone likes to drive fast, means they can’t follow rules and are reckless, which to me is a load of crap, if someone is failing to maintain there lane or they are actually driving the wrong way down the road or failing to stop and ram into others, well then yes they are breaking the rules, but those same incidents can still happen at 30MPH, or 10MPH or 100MPH.

The difference between a full simulator, a casual simulator, (like ETS/ATS) and real life is that a full simulator follows every aspect of real life down to the smallest detail, take simulators used by real life airlines to train and monitor pilots in their company, they can simulate every aspect of the real world down to a single failure, while being completely safe and not affecting the real world, then take Casual simulators, they simulate certain aspects of the real world, but allow the user some arcade aspects where they can relax and not have to be 100% on the ball 100% of the time, that’s what ETS and ATS are, casual simulators, where they do a great job simulating large parts of what it’s like to be a truck driver, but also allow the user to go about their business in their own way and set the simulator up in a way that suits them, totally different to real life and full simulators.

the reason NO one plays on the arcade servers is simple, there’s no fun, no danger, no consequences to any actions, the majority of people enjoy being able to drive how they want and if the screw up, there’s a consequence for doing so, the arcade servers are just that, too arcade, too boring, too undesirable.

What I really hate is when someone says “oh if you don’t want to drive like x, y or z, go play another game” or “go play another server”, to those people I say, right back at you, bud, just because people don’t follow your exact mindset and play style, doesn’t mean there isn’t room for them in the same game/server as you, the simple fix is, if you want to play like the game is the real world, play sim 2 where traffic density is lower and the chances of meeting people who don’t drive the same way as you is much lower, if you join sim 1, don’t complain that anyone who doesn’t play like you should “go elsewhere”, the simple fact is, we all have the option to play wherever we want, however we want, if you want to be hyper realistic and not be bothered, then honestly, MP isn’t a good place for you.

To me, the unpredictable nature of driving with different people who all drive in different ways, whether that be speed, road positioning or even just what trailer they use, is what makes MP feel realistic, the real world is NOT predictable, things happen daily that people would never expect, hence the saying “expect the unexpected”, so if everyone in TMP drive 55MPH everywhere, had perfect internet connections, stayed exactly 300m apart and essentially mimicked each other perfectly, there’s no realism there at all.

Now as for the original question of minimum speed, that subject to truck, trailer, load, road and play style, the one thing I would always say is this, always keep with the flow of traffic, always keep a few Miles Per Hour below the truck in front of you so that you maintain separation and can react if something happens.

@FernandoCR [ESP] Precisely my thought of your response reason but not sure as a troll, perhaps , looking at behavior of slowing down that make no sense . When i was approaching with-in 65 km/h and so because of vegetation distance using HDR can't be much visible to the players like no more 100-150 meters due to my PC specs or it may just be from the client configuration not showing what's the start point showing long distance of players, anyway so i started to slow down fast, not like faster cutting off, assuring to let know the drivers behind of traffic in lane, after a while with minimum speed of 42 km/h at that time i start to think "look this driver is driving so slow, what's going in front? it's heavy cargo? it's an issue with truck damage? are there some obstacles or workers near verge (in case which events may be turned on in settings)?" etc., then just after few minutes asked myself why he isn't speeding up at this point category of road and nothing dangerous present ahead, so i acknowledged that player pattern and proceeding to overtake in minute 2:00 when at point end of all restriction sign shows up and with marking longitudinal broken line continuous which probably passing was permitted in that area but unfortunately had to bail out when i realized it's not allowed to do that maneuver in hill where visibility is reduced below 50 m assuring in full safety and to avoid tailgating when noticed the player dot comes from the opposite direction.

Kinda tricky dealing with trolls or kids in present, who knows, too much to ask presumably but almost being 4-5 years in multiplayer and these issues is still persisting ruining game experience nowadays but with 20% reduction often probably to the recent changes of simulation in June, love it as well so far however i experienced if i were a troll i would say all servers except simulator one doesn't mean anything at all for me because this one seems to be tasty and popular, look the numbers of players in server and was put such i don't care about it even if i marked the checkbox of consent of the rules without even reading game-only rules at least, **** it let me just driving around knowing nothing but to drive with fun and put smile on my face jumping right to accidents in roads around, blocking entrance or any point there around as well, mostly in cases they often displace in not obeying traffic regulations at least such as yield when exit, give way mostly of the time but also moderation psychology with profanity rarely in following situation where they would instantly doing something dangerous or-and blaming with intentional on road such as "rec / rec ban /  ban / reported  / sry - sorry / noob / pls-plz" etc. , won't make clear of it in order to apologize and this pattern is schematic known everywhere especially in busy ares even dealing with cars.

Funny, today i encountered get out of my way in a highway somewhere in DE and like being said above, tricky.

I apologize for "next 4 hours" thing if it was a bad or humorous one, at least for me :)either way no arguing here, you know the memo when someone complains about time but it's like what.. don't they have all the time around or more like going to be late that would justify for speed reason but not really considering it obstruction.

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

What I really hate is when someone says “oh if you don’t want to drive like x, y or z, go play another game” or “go play another server”, to those people I say, right back at you, bud, just because people don’t follow your exact mindset and play style, doesn’t mean there isn’t room for them in the same game/server as you, the simple fix is, if you want to play like the game is the real world, play sim 2 where traffic density is lower and the chances of meeting people who don’t drive the same way as you is much lower, if you join sim 1, don’t complain that anyone who doesn’t play like you should “go elsewhere”, the simple fact is, we all have the option to play wherever we want, however we want, if you want to be hyper realistic and not be bothered, then honestly, MP isn’t a good place for you.

To me, the unpredictable nature of driving with different people who all drive in different ways, whether that be speed, road positioning or even just what trailer they use, is what makes MP feel realistic, the real world is NOT predictable, things happen daily that people would never expect, hence the saying “expect the unexpected”, so if everyone in TMP drive 55MPH everywhere, had perfect internet connections, stayed exactly 300m apart and essentially mimicked each other perfectly, there’s no realism there at all.

I concur with your statement, at least half of it .

3 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

So if a player wants to play it as a game, they can use single player for that.  TMP has a set of rules just like driving in real life.  Any person that wants to drive must obey the driving laws just like any person that wants to play TMP must obey the TMP rules.  You people (speeders) like to seriously cherry pick your arguments since they can constantly be used against you as well.   

This, very basic and consciousness to follow . Oh by the way @McGalcri driving above to reach 150 km/h despite that 110 km/h losing about 40 km/h speed average depends from factors such as trailer, truck and tire weights and brake sensitivity like being said in previous statement this is non-observance from this point of view and once upon reaching that speed is quite fast and there is high risk chance that you may get to lose control of vehicle at some point. This simple can't be debatable .

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing that annoys me is that people seem to associate the fact that someone likes to drive fast, means they can’t follow rules and are reckless, which to me is a load of crap,

:wow:

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

it's about playing with other people. You choose the server with most players, you choose to play with that server's restrictions.

Touché .

3 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

What I really hate is when someone says “oh if you don’t want to drive like x, y or z, go play another game” or “go play another server”, to those people I say, right back at you, bud, just because people don’t follow your exact mindset and play style, doesn’t mean there isn’t room for them in the same game/server as you, the simple fix is, if you want to play like the game is the real world, play sim 2

Mathew 7:3 - "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"

@megadethsteve666 Context? You hate when people say "Go play another server" and immediately after that you say "if you want to play like the game is the real world, play sim 2". It's the same as saying "I hate idiots who call me an idiot". Maybe YOU should read what YOU wrote. It's not irrelevant, it shows how you can contradict yourself and how easy is for others to see it. Obscure? Well, maybe. It's the source of a very popular saying here, in Spain. Maybe we are too fond of popular sayings, there's this other one: "Don't do to others what you don't want done to you". Less obscure?

13 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

The same can be said for you players that want to speed or drive recklessly.  If a player doesn't have the time or patience for a slower drive, they're perfectly capable of finding another game to play.

The base game is a simulator and, as evidenced by the constant TMP changes, the TMP devs would like it to be a simulator as well.  If someone wants to think of it as an arcade racing game than they can either go to single player or wait for the joke that is Infinite Truckers to release.

Judging from the hidden punishment history I'm going to assume that you're not a safe driver in-game and the rule change is meant for players like you. 

First, I NEVER drive recklessly... I say more (and several people can confirm) I usually go 80km/h FOLLOWING THE SIGNAL RESTRICTIONS. I only speed up when NOBODY IS AROUND. If I meet someone at 80km/h i just reduce and continue at 80Km/h. 

I REPEAT i only speed up when NO BODY IS AROUND for save some time

Even with old limit 150km/h, I usually drive 80km/h (90 when the road sign tell it) 

Second... i dont like arcade racing games.

Single player have no REAL DRIVERS, that is why im in TruckerMP, looking for... the experience with REAL HUMAN ERRORS.

Third, you are judging me too fast... you dont know how I drive (as I said, 99% time im following SIGNALS (not only game rules))

13 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@McGalcri You say it yourself. It's not about going fast, it's about playing with other people. You choose the server with most players, you choose to play with that server's restrictions. If you hate them so much, you can always switch to arcade, to SP or to other games. It came a time when I was in a very similar situation, hated playing in EU#1 because it was like a post-apocalyptic world most of the time, hated playing in EU#2 because it had become almost impossible to finish a job without being rammed by out-of-control speeders, so I left for several months. Came back recently to check and almost the same day, these latest changes were made, so I decided to give TMP a new chance and I'm loving it. Not because it's a "Real life game", which is not, but because:

1 - TMP is based on simulation games, it seems logical to me that the mod is focused on make things go towards simulation.

2 - The changes are almost exactly what I had suggested in this forum.

3 - It's been some weeks, I've driven thousands of Km with only 4 reports sent and 99% of my jobs ended with no damage to the cargo.

Now, many people is asking to remove the speed limits. If the DEVs do that, it's more than likely that I'll just quit TMP again. No complaints, no regrets, they would be just a waste of time. It seems incredible to me how so many people keeps playing a game they apparently don't like when there's a whole world out there with lots of other things to do in their spare time.

I never said I HATE the game now lol, i like it and I said... I drive at 80km/h and I repeat, even with old 150km/h limit... i drove at 80km/h when the signal say it, so this 110km/h is not a real problem for me.

I just saying, with the old 150km/h we was allowed (WHEN NOBODY AROUND) to speed up for saving time for make a more rewarded routes, thats all!!!

And again... if we are looking for a REAL TRUCK SIMULATOR, several other things should change before, like under 18 years old crazy kids playing, remove cars from a truck simulator and you must know, in real life there are ways for remove speed limiters from trucks.... but this is illegal (but exist).

For finish, let me repeat what I want to say: Old 150km/h allow us to speed up a bit WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND for saving time, if you meet someone, return normal restrictions, is not that hard to understand.

@McGalcri It's very easy to understand. But it becomes a problem when linked to something that you mentioned before: Underaged crazy people who go 150 Km/h ALWAYS, no matter if there are lots of other players around. Like I always say, it's not about those who can speed safely, it's about the majority that can't (or won't).

12 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@megadethsteve666 Context? You hate when people say "Go play another server" and immediately after that you say "if you want to play like the game is the real world, play sim 2". It's the same as saying "I hate idiots who call me an idiot". Maybe YOU should read what YOU wrote. It's not irrelevant, it shows how you can contradict yourself and how easy is for others to see it. Obscure? Well, maybe. It's the source of a very popular saying here, in Spain. Maybe we are too fond of popular sayings, there's this other one: "Don't do to others what you don't want done to you". Less obscure?

First off, want I was trying to convey, maybe poorly because it was like early hours of the morning, but mostly, what I was saying was that people, like yourself, who want the full belt and braces simulation experience moan and complain about people “driving recklessly”, mostly because how they drive isn’t compatible with how you like to drive, but also because you are driving on EU2, now SIM1 server, where most of the bad driving and full throttle undesirables play, so to be fair, you’re asking for trouble anyway, it’s why I said, for those of you who want the full sim experience, with far less trolling, sim2 is the best fix, I’m not being condescending or rude, I’m just pointing out the obvious.

Secondly, just because something is highly relevant to your country, doesn’t mean it’s relevant in others.

Thirdly, you are mistaken by thinking that the “majority”, as you stated, “can’t or won’t” drive safely at high speed, I don’t know where you get your facts from, but it’s inaccurate.

The “majority” means the highest number of, aka the vote was majority win 65/35, 65 being the majority. So with that in context, saying that the “majority” can’t or won’t drive safely at speed is saying that there are more people who can’t be safe than there are those who are, which, from many people’s perspectives, is wrong, it’s the other way around, as it always is in the world, there’s an old saying which states “the minority spoilt it for the majority”, that’s the case with TMP, the minority, being those who can’t or refuse to be safe when traveling at high speed, spoilt it for the majority, those who can drive safely at high speed. 

Lets face it, the server rules haven’t made a slight bit of difference, the same areas are still just as bad as they used to be, admins still have to work overtime to keep up with reports and in game monitoring, it literally is business as usual out on the roads, yet those of us who drive responsibly, who keep to safe minimum and maximum speeds, who respect all written and non written rules of the road, excluding speed limits, we are the ones who get penalised by those who want to troll and cause havoc and turn ETS2 into Wrechfest with trucks.

14 hours ago, McGalcri said:

First, I NEVER drive recklessly... I say more (and several people can confirm) I usually go 80km/h FOLLOWING THE SIGNAL RESTRICTIONS. I only speed up when NOBODY IS AROUND. If I meet someone at 80km/h i just reduce and continue at 80Km/h. 

I REPEAT i only speed up when NO BODY IS AROUND for save some time

Even with old limit 150km/h, I usually drive 80km/h (90 when the road sign tell it) 

Second... i dont like arcade racing games.

Single player have no REAL DRIVERS, that is why im in TruckerMP, looking for... the experience with REAL HUMAN ERRORS.

Third, you are judging me too fast... you dont know how I drive (as I said, 99% time im following SIGNALS (not only game rules))

I never said I HATE the game now lol, i like it and I said... I drive at 80km/h and I repeat, even with old 150km/h limit... i drove at 80km/h when the signal say it, so this 110km/h is not a real problem for me.

I just saying, with the old 150km/h we was allowed (WHEN NOBODY AROUND) to speed up for saving time for make a more rewarded routes, thats all!!!

And again... if we are looking for a REAL TRUCK SIMULATOR, several other things should change before, like under 18 years old crazy kids playing, remove cars from a truck simulator and you must know, in real life there are ways for remove speed limiters from trucks.... but this is illegal (but exist).

For finish, let me repeat what I want to say: Old 150km/h allow us to speed up a bit WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND for saving time, if you meet someone, return normal restrictions, is not that hard to understand.

First, I find it funny that you can claim to never drive recklessly while also stating that you'll speed.  Even if no one is around you're still driving recklessly when you exceed the limit.  Besides, if you're driving in real life, do you suddenly floor it the moment there's no other traffic or do you continue following the road rules?

Second, if you must play with others and need to speed than use the arcade server or wait for another MP service to release. 

Third, I'm too old to give a shit about getting to know people on the internet.

Fourth, no one said we're looking for a real simulator, though I did say that you people like to try and cherry pick your arguements.  Moving more towards being a simulator does not mean the TMP devs are trying to make it 100% like real life, it just means they want to cut down on the amount of players treating the game like it's Need for Speed.  Hell I bet the rule changes have considerably cut down on the number of reports the mods have had to deal with, God knows my reports have dropped considerably since the change.

6 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

First off, want I was trying to convey, maybe poorly because it was like early hours of the morning, but mostly, what I was saying was that people, like yourself, who want the full belt and braces simulation experience moan and complain about people “driving recklessly”, mostly because how they drive isn’t compatible with how you like to drive, but also because you are driving on EU2, now SIM1 server, where most of the bad driving and full throttle undesirables play, so to be fair, you’re asking for trouble anyway, it’s why I said, for those of you who want the full sim experience, with far less trolling, sim2 is the best fix, I’m not being condescending or rude, I’m just pointing out the obvious

We moan and complain about people driving recklessly because it's the reality, not because they don't drive how we like, because they seem unable to drive at high speeds without causing havoc. And there's a difference, believe or not, because in the old EU#2, with 150 Km/h limit, there were a lot more reckless driving than now in Simulation 1 with the 110 Km/h limit. Simply because they have to go slower and that allows them for a better control. I think that this is obvious too. In the end, telling others to switch servers is the same, no matter the context, as before when people, like yourself, used to say "If you want simulation go to EU#1" or people, like myself, say now "If you want speed go to Arcade". It's doing to others something you hate when it's done to you.

Secondly, just because something is highly relevant to your country, doesn’t mean it’s relevant in others.

This, I don't get. You were contradicting yourself on a  statement, that has nothing to do with countries.

Thirdly, you are mistaken by thinking that the “majority”, as you stated, “can’t or won’t” drive safely at high speed, I don’t know where you get your facts from, but it’s inaccurate.

The “majority” means the highest number of, aka the vote was majority win 65/35, 65 being the majority. So with that in context, saying that the “majority” can’t or won’t drive safely at speed is saying that there are more people who can’t be safe than there are those who are, which, from many people’s perspectives, is wrong, it’s the other way around, as it always is in the world, there’s an old saying which states “the minority spoilt it for the majority”, that’s the case with TMP, the minority, being those who can’t or refuse to be safe when traveling at high speed, spoilt it for the majority, those who can drive safely at high speed.

I get my facts from experience. Thousands of Km in EU#2 meant lots of times being rammed by people going 150, thousands of Km in Simulation 1 and the number of incidents are a lot less. Because of the 110 Km/h speed limit, clearly, because nothing has changed other than that. You say that the majority can drive safe at high speeds based on a poll where the results were that there are more people who want to drive fast. This is absurd, if you think about it. People WANT to drive fast doesn't mean that they CAN or they WILL drive safe. And from many other people's perspective, mine included, with people driving at 110 max things are a lot safer than with people driving at 150. Which leads us to believe that there are more unsafe fast drivers than safe ones.

Lets face it, the server rules haven’t made a slight bit of difference, the same areas are still just as bad as they used to be,

I'm sorry but again, I have to disagree. Can't say about C-D because I don't drive on that area, but IMO (and many others' from what I read), the current situation with Simulation 1 and 110 Km/h limit is a lot better than it used to be with EU#2 and 150 Km/h limit. I mean this globally, all around the map. Going through central Europe used to be a nightmare, now it's not. Provided one stays away from the well known troll areas.

Obeying the Local Roadspeed for Trucks above 12 t, by Map, is fine. That means, in Germany/Belgium, 60 kph on normal Roads and 80 kph on motorways or throughway. As Example, i am driving mostly +5 kph above the local roadspeed for trucks +/- physical  restrictions, with 360 -500 Hp Trucks and max. 24t cargo! If i am hauling heavy cargo, i using Trucks with more Power, like it would be in reality.

Driving 24/7 with a 310hp IVECO and 60t Cargo along the D-C Road, is Trolling for me. If you Driving all over the Map with this Truck, it is a normal "Event", for the Ones who driving faster, that can happen on the roads in reality too.

But, driving all the time on purpose only with low speed in high populated areas, if you are able to go faster, is definetly Trolling/Blocking.

Also, driving/parking 24/7 inside high populated areas, without carrying cargo is rated as useless traffic, but mostly tolerated!

You are allowed to Drive faster and Overtake slower Trucks, if you were able to do it in a safe way. If not, you have to face the consequences!

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

We moan and complain about people driving recklessly because it's the reality, not because they don't drive how we like, because they seem unable to drive at high speeds without causing havoc. And there's a difference, believe or not, because in the old EU#2, with 150 Km/h limit, there were a lot more reckless driving than now in Simulation 1 with the 110 Km/h limit. Simply because they have to go slower and that allows them for a better control. I think that this is obvious too. In the end, telling others to switch servers is the same, no matter the context, as before when people, like yourself, used to say "If you want simulation go to EU#1" or people, like myself, say now "If you want speed go to Arcade". It's doing to others something you hate when it's done to you.

This, I don't get. You were contradicting yourself on a  statement, that has nothing to do with countries.

I get my facts from experience. Thousands of Km in EU#2 meant lots of times being rammed by people going 150, thousands of Km in Simulation 1 and the number of incidents are a lot less. Because of the 110 Km/h speed limit, clearly, because nothing has changed other than that. You say that the majority can drive safe at high speeds based on a poll where the results were that there are more people who want to drive fast. This is absurd, if you think about it. People WANT to drive fast doesn't mean that they CAN or they WILL drive safe. And from many other people's perspective, mine included, with people driving at 110 max things are a lot safer than with people driving at 150. Which leads us to believe that there are more unsafe fast drivers than safe ones.

I'm sorry but again, I have to disagree. Can't say about C-D because I don't drive on that area, but IMO (and many others' from what I read), the current situation with Simulation 1 and 110 Km/h limit is a lot better than it used to be with EU#2 and 150 Km/h limit. I mean this globally, all around the map. Going through central Europe used to be a nightmare, now it's not. Provided one stays away from the well known troll areas.

Firstly, I disagree 100%, what does moaning and complaining get you? Answer, no here. Like I said before, the term “reckless” can be interpreted in multiple ways from multiple cultures and beliefs, what one person, say yourself, believes is 110% reckless and deserves PB, to others is justifiable and not reckless. It’s why I feel that the rule on reckless driving should be made super specific so that less people send reports for things that are not reckless, but to that person, are. 

Secondly, there is NO difference between EU2 and SIM1, you still have lots of traffic jams, you still have trolling, you still have ramming, you still have all the bad that some people hated that was in EU2, in SIM1, it’s like I’ve always said, a speed limit does nothing to stop or change people’s attitude towards driving, in fact, it makes people MORE reckless because they don’t have to worry about cartwheeling down the road because they are going too fast.

the thing is, if you want the simulation experience that you crave, without the trolling, it’s better to change servers onto the less popular server, if you join the most popular server, no matter what it’s called, then honestly you have no argument or reason to complain when you get rammed, trolled or see “reckless” driving that effects you, you made the decision to join said server.

Again, you misread my statement or the context behind, I was talking about when you were quoting saying that are well known in your country.

Likewise here, I have thousands of miles of experience drive EU1, EU2, SIM1 and SIM2, so from my experience, what you are saying is completely untrue and is not factual evidence. Speed doesn’t have an effect on the causes of accidents, it only makes them happen quicker. You can drive at 80/90 MPH and still be safe, it’s not that difficult really. Again your facts are inaccurate, if you have driven in SIM1 you would know that even with a restricted speed, the same incidents happen in almost the same spots as before the restrictions, thus meaning speed is not the primary reason why things occur, it’s just an easy cop out for people to blame. 

Again, I disagree with you and your “many people” as there is literally no difference before or after the changes, busy areas are still hell, Central Europe is still a trolls paradise, the only safe places are the Baltic’s and central Italy.

10 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

First, I find it funny that you can claim to never drive recklessly while also stating that you'll speed.  Even if no one is around you're still driving recklessly when you exceed the limit.  Besides, if you're driving in real life, do you suddenly floor it the moment there's no other traffic or do you continue following the road rules?

Second, if you must play with others and need to speed than use the arcade server or wait for another MP service to release. 

Third, I'm too old to give a shit about getting to know people on the internet.

Fourth, no one said we're looking for a real simulator, though I did say that you people like to try and cherry pick your arguements.  Moving more towards being a simulator does not mean the TMP devs are trying to make it 100% like real life, it just means they want to cut down on the amount of players treating the game like it's Need for Speed.  Hell I bet the rule changes have considerably cut down on the number of reports the mods have had to deal with, God knows my reports have dropped considerably since the change.

Oh man... in a GAME when nobody is around, speed up is my own problem. I dont put anyone in danger... and of course, i dont try to make turns at 150km/h hahahaha, remember we still in a GAME, simulation or not still being a GAME. As you said "Moving more towards being a simulator does not mean the TMP devs are trying to make it 100% like real life" this is exactly what Im refering to.  And of course, IN REAL LIFE I always follow the traffic rules and I NEVER SPEED UP (I drive always below the limits) there is a diference between REAL LIFE and a GAME.

Considering this is not REAL LIFE (its a game) Where is the problem in THIS GAME SIMULATOR if I go at 150km/h when NOBODY is around? Is anyone affected? the response is NO, nobody is affected.

5 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Firstly, I disagree 100%, what does moaning and complaining get you? Answer, no here. Like I said before, the term “reckless” can be interpreted in multiple ways from multiple cultures and beliefs, what one person, say yourself, believes is 110% reckless and deserves PB, to others is justifiable and not reckless. It’s why I feel that the rule on reckless driving should be made super specific so that less people send reports for things that are not reckless, but to that person, are

"Moaning and complaining" was a sarcastic mention, nothing else. I don't moan and complain, I don't even report players for driving recklessly, unless they ram my truck. If they do, they will be reported. And 99% of my latest reports (checked like 20-30 of them) have been accepted. At least I know that my "complaints" are legit in the eyes of the game moderators.

Secondly, there is NO difference between EU2 and SIM1, you still have lots of traffic jams, you still have trolling, you still have ramming, you still have all the bad that some people hated that was in EU2, in SIM1, it’s like I’ve always said, a speed limit does nothing to stop or change people’s attitude towards driving, in fact, it makes people MORE reckless because they don’t have to worry about cartwheeling down the road because they are going too fast

Your opinion, based on your experience. Mine, as I said countless times, is the opposite. There's a big difference and the only explanation is the lower speed, since like you say, people's attitudes have not changed. Only they have to go slower than before.

if you join the most popular server, no matter what it’s called, then honestly you have no argument or reason to complain when you get rammed, trolled or see “reckless” driving that effects you, you made the decision to join said server

Same as those who ram, troll and drive recklessly affecting me. They decided to join a server with RULES and speed limits. Then, honestly, they have no argument or reason to complain when they are reported and banned. Or to complain about speed limits. Simple and easy.

Again, you misread my statement or the context behind, I was talking about when you were quoting saying that are well known in your country

Misunderstood. Sorry about that.

Likewise here, I have thousands of miles of experience drive EU1, EU2, SIM1 and SIM2, so from my experience, what you are saying is completely untrue and is not factual evidence. Speed doesn’t have an effect on the causes of accidents, it only makes them happen quicker. You can drive at 80/90 MPH and still be safe, it’s not that difficult really. Again your facts are inaccurate, if you have driven in SIM1 you would know that even with a restricted speed, the same incidents happen in almost the same spots as before the restrictions, thus meaning speed is not the primary reason why things occur, it’s just an easy cop out for people to blame

It can't be factual evidence, I'd need to have video of every trip I did and I have not enough HDD for that. Besides, no one would want to watch hours of a guy driving at 80-85 Km/h max when there are almost no accidents, or "idiots on the road". But for this same reason, what you are saying can be considered just as untrue and inaccurate as what I say. It's my POV against yours, the only way to get something more accurate would be a poll where people could give their POVs about how things are now, when compared to how they were before, but we both know that polls in this forum are mostly worthless. Only... "Speed doesn't have an effect on the causes of accidents", this is... Completely untrue. Not because I say so, but because there are lots of studies, lots of statistics, all over the world,  that show clearly that reducing the maximum speeds on any roads has a direct effect in reducing the number of accidents. And the number of fatalities in the accidents that still happen.

Your last statement, I believe that it's been answered in the replies above.

2 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

Strange that its the Summer Holidays but player numbers keep dwindling... It couldnt possibly be the update oh no.....

It could be... Or it could be that many people go on vacation and stop playing temporarily...

2 hours ago, Octavian101 said:

In my opinion, if you want to drive like a snail then you should play SinglePlayer or at least expect to get a lot of horns towards you, people being mad behind you and a lot of ramming from others.

In my opinion, driving like a snail is not (yet) against the rules. And in my opinion, if someone thinks that it's OK to ram a "snail" driver, they should play SP (lots of snail drivers there) or at least, expect to be banned. But... Just to be clear, I'll repeat: People who go way slower than the limits with the only goal of annoying other players should be IMO considered as trolls and banned accordingly. Problem is that with the current rules, they'd be just kicked or teleported, most of the times.

14 hours ago, McGalcri said:

Oh man... in a GAME when nobody is around, speed up is my own problem. I dont put anyone in danger... and of course, i dont try to make turns at 150km/h hahahaha, remember we still in a GAME, simulation or not still being a GAME. As you said "Moving more towards being a simulator does not mean the TMP devs are trying to make it 100% like real life" this is exactly what Im refering to.  And of course, IN REAL LIFE I always follow the traffic rules and I NEVER SPEED UP (I drive always below the limits) there is a diference between REAL LIFE and a GAME.

Considering this is not REAL LIFE (its a game) Where is the problem in THIS GAME SIMULATOR if I go at 150km/h when NOBODY is around? Is anyone affected? the response is NO, nobody is affected.

It's a game sure, but that arguement only applies for single player.  If you want to mod in flying trucks and go racing around like a child playing with toys, than fine, go play with your game in single player.  TMP, whether using a game or not, is providing a multiplayer service and they're doing so with their own set of rules.  It doesn't matter what you want when you're alone, you still agreed to the rules of the server and are now complaining about having to follow them the moment they get enforced. 

13 hours ago, Octavian101 said:

In my opinion, if you want to drive like a snail then you should play SinglePlayer or at least expect to get a lot of horns towards you, people being mad behind you and a lot of ramming from others.

What a typical child's response.  You agreed to a set list of rules prior to using the mod yet somehow the rules shouldn't apply to you and those that follow the rules should leave.  Perhaps you speeders should leave and play single player, you're clearly the ones that are breaking the TMP rules.

Archived