Minimum speed

Jeroen

• Business Analyst

What do you think or what is considered the minimum speed that any player should stick to?

For example, on the road from Calais to Duisburg there is a speed limit of 60 km/h. Is it allowed to drive slower than that and if yes, what is the minimum speed? Is it okay if people drive 25 km/h? And 45 km/h? Or would that be considered blocking? And on highways, there is a standard of 90 km/h speed limit, but is it okay to drive 60 km/h there?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure about the rest of Europe, but at least in Spain it is legal to drive as slow as you want until you reach half the speed of the maximum speed limit of the road you're in. That is, if for example we applied that to the parts of the C-D road where the speed limit is 60, it should be 'ok' to drive 30 km/h, and 40 kph in the 80 km/h limited areas.

Again, that's what applies here, perhaps it's different for other european countries. But if it were the same, considering the simulation nature of these games, driving too slow shouldn't be punishable unless you go below that half-max-speed limit.

And on highways, there is a standard of 90 km/h speed limit, but is it okay to drive 60 km/h there?

Just checked that. 60 km/h is the minimum speed limit for articulated vehicles in highways, yet again, here.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

I'd say that it depends on what's causing that player to drive slower than usual. If it's because of a medium or low power truck with a heavy cargo trailer, it would be OK to go as slow as 1/2 of the posted speed limit on the road (except for highways, where minimum speed is 60 Km/h). This, at least, in Spain, as @en_field said. But if the player is doing 30 Km/h on the C-D road just to bother other players who won't be able to overtake because of constant incoming traffic, that player deserves to be punished, I'd call that kind of behaviour plainly trolling.

• Business Analyst

Okay, that sounds reasonable. But as @Remnant light said, I agree that it shouldn't affect others.

What if there is a guy that overtakes you on CD road because he's mad that you're driving according to the speed limit (60 km/h) and first he brake checks you and than the rest of the road he drives between 25 and 45 km/h on purpose to punish you for driving the speed limit. Would that be considered harassment?

Edit: I agree with what @FernandoCR [ESP] said above. I think that would be toxic behaviour/trolling, right?

10 minutes ago, Jeronimeau said:

What if there is a guy that overtakes you on CD road because he's mad that you're driving according to the speed limit (60 km/h) and first he brake checks you and than the rest of the road he drives between 25 and 45 km/h on purpose to punish you for driving the speed limit. Would that be considered harassment?

Someone does that to you, make sure to record everything and send a report. That's, like I said, plainly trolling.

@Jeronimeau

I'd say you have to find your correct speed that fits to the certain situtation. 

For example if the road ahead is clear and there are no other players, you can drive faster than the speedlimit says you're allowed to do.

But as soon as you see a traffic jam infront of you or the road gets more busy I recomment you to drive with the speedlimit.

Otherwise you can cause crashes easier and this isn't really smart.

But if I was you I wouldn't drive less than 25 km/h on the road when there aren't many players in near of you.

You will get hated by other players ^^ . 

Hope I could help you in any way xD.

Kind regards,

LetFresh

On the CD road if you are going the actual speed limit you will probably become a hazard to other trucks and cars because of how everyone likes to speed at the max limit. No one likes to go the posted limit because it is too slow, and they are too impatient to wait causing them to overtake which can cause even more problems.

I feel like speed limits should be obayed everywhere except maybe the motorways, I feel like driving between 100 on the is just fine 

Its just kinda feels bad feeling pressured to drive faster when you are in a busy place and driving the speed limit , but sure there's nothing you can do about that.

for all those that ignore other players and strictly drive the speed limit and make the game realistic.please keep doing that, there's a special place in heaven for you :P 

At the end of the day just don't drive under the speed limit , they are usually quite low as they are

It should be just like in real life (and I think that's how it is right now). 

On the highways the minimum speed allowed is 60km/h. On other roads there are no minimum speed limits - so you can drive as slow as you can. That's how it also should be on TruckersMP. I'm not gonna drive 80 when 60 is allowed and I don't care about the best drivers ever behind me (who fly out of the road everytime they take a sharp turn driving 110km/h in their Scania V8 730HP). If I carry 60 tons using a 530HP truck, I don't think I'm gonna go up a hill faster than 40km/h... Of course - if someone's intentionally driving slow, he should be punished. 

Although I am part of the snail club, I drive generally to the limit, but on the CD it is 60km/h all the way, even in the 80 signed area.  This is not to troll but to allow for oncoming traffic to get back in Lane before I get to them.  If there is a crash ahead of me, I slow down to sometimes 30 or even 20, so by the time I get to the crash they have F7'd and so I can pull back up to speed without stopping. (that's the idea) 

Sometimes when I get to a town i will go slow, deliberately so, so to try and catch every light on green oroom changing too green when i approach 

in ETS I drive the speed limit, I don't go near the C-D road, to many kids in that area. in ATS I drive the speed limit of 55 while in California. if I am in an area that is 65 mph or higher I stick to 65 mph. I am not in a hurry, and at 65 mph you are not getting in any ones way, since most of the interstate highways have 2 or more lanes in each direction. the only time I am any were slower then the speed limits is if I have a heavy cargo trailer which slows down the truck reguardless of how much power you have in your truck.

In my opinion i would say it depends on many factors including truck and trailer weight looking at it unlike like heavy cargo, if you need to overtake make sure you are assured in first place then follow traffic pattern but for example, outside the village, city etc. the speed limits may vary again, depending on the type of road, general the limit is - 110 km/h for highways including national road for C, D, D1 - 90 km/h. Otherwise, traffic on other road categories is limited to 80 (C) 90 km/h (B) but honestly regardless of the category of the vehicle driven, whether or not trailer, the ideal speed is 60 km/h in the localities and such in general road. It's best to stick within traffic code but do notice particular in that game not all traffic are completed polished but there is a mod called ProMods which is an advantage like with additional panels on this subject as well such as:

image.png.89341c5064bcd1e5ff36a980a0a4aacf.png «Minimum speed limit» - the movement at that speed is allowed on the indicator or higher, provided that the limits are not exceeded .

image.png.ab35995dca405e6aaf74704a5f042367.png «Recommended speed»  - the recommended travel speed on the limited areas in question. The indicator expands its action to the next intersection. Deviation from the recommended speed is not a violation .

Now, on your question with minimum speed in this simulator game even in simulator MP server you should know drivers are forbidden to suddenly cut speeds or make an unexpected stop for no good reason otherwise the driver should be obliged to travel at a speed not exceeding 50 km/h in city in the following situations:

a) when crossing the junctions with unruly traffic;

b) in particularly dangerous curves signaled in which the visibility is less than 50 m;

c) when passing by organized convoy column whether they are on the road or on the roadside with single-track traffic;

d) on bumpy roads;

e) when changing the direction of turning by turns;

f) upon leveling with the current track, the vehicle driver is forced to travel at low speed and ensure that a rail vehicle is not approaching from the left or right side.

On the outside, it's up to you with average speeding and minimum speed should not exceeding critical point at slowing down below 30 km/h in urban and 40-50 km/h rural and motorways roads. If situation happens you get process to traffic jam and chaos for surely, here below is an example of what i encountered yesterday oddly intriguing in CD road with 60 km/h speed limit and the way i said in chat "weird flex" because (chain reaction) and physics in term of travel speed from truck vehicles are not as realistic should been, especially when it comes to brake sensitivity.

P.S: @monkeh88 Nice experiment, Driver :kappa:

I usually drive ALWAYS respecting road limits, 80km/h or 90Km/h and also 50km/h inside cities, as many people say "It is a SIMULATOR".

But let be honest.... yes its a game SIMULATOR, but there are people with real job and not many time, so the limit too low (110km/h) in highway will avoid to us to do long journeys for a good reward. 3000km route would take more than 2 hours. 

Maybe just implement these limits in roads where usually a lot of people would be better. Actually in Italy there are not many people and 110km/h limit its a bit ridiculous for me.

As I said before (and in another post) there are people without much time for playing and also, we are a lot of people we can drive perfectly in one lane at 150km/h without problems, so limiting to 110Km/h in areas without traffic... I dont like it.

If you want real SIMULATION, you can also implement AI traffic if you are looking for REALITY. 

3 hours ago, McGalcri said:

But let be honest.... yes its a game SIMULATOR, but there are people with real job and not many time, so the limit too low (110km/h) in highway will avoid to us to do long journeys for a good reward. 3000km route would take more than 2 hours.

So if the police stops you and asks you why you were driving too fast you will answer that you are in a hurry...?
Lack of time is definitely no valid reason to endanger other road traffic participants.

If you do not have the time or do not want to spend so much time to finish a job with a long distance, simply choose a job with a shorter distance. Or, taking realism into account, split your journey into several days. Real truck drivers do not drive 3000km at once neither, they are actually forced by law to make breaks (see: driving and rest periods).

The past however has proven that there are apparently more players NOT being capable of driving a vehicle at excessive speeds safely, which is why speed limits have been implemented in the first place and recently reduced from 150 km/h to 110km/h.

Archived