Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.

Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.  

444 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new server system applied by TruckersMP?

• YES
    • NO
    • On 2 Arcade servers, we need 1 with a collision and 1 without (with arcade mode rules : https://truckersmp.com/blog/167)
    • I have a suggestion to make as a comment
    • No opinion
  2. 2. In the simulation mode, do you agree to reduce the speed 110km/h ?

• YES
    • NO (keep the 150km/h)
    • This limitation should be applied only on C.D road
    • No, because now it’s going to take longer to travel through Europe
    • Maximum 150km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • Maximum 200km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • No opinion
  3. 3. Should Scout cars be out of the multiplayer (only simulation mode)?

• YES
    • NO
    • No, a tougher ban if dangerous driving.
    • Not allowed on road C.D
    • No, and for truck convoys with friends how will we do without safety car?
    • Scout cars should be attributed only to moderators and people you trust to reduce accidents.
    • No opinion
    • Only people with a real car license can drive them x)

my opinion: i think scout cars should be removed, ai traffic activated if possible and the speedlimit for trucks should be 90kmh!!

its a TRUCK SIMULATOR, no cars, no acarde!

i would love a hardcore simulation server.. no nczs besides workshop and garage, spawn only allowed in a garage!

i think i have the same opinion here like my vtc boss :)

sysp-73354.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A server with the speed limit 110 km/h already exists, why not leave severs like before? There are many who complain, but EU1 had this rules before, but it was still under populated. Everyone knew that the eu2 server has also "less talented" players but they still went in and after that they were complaining.

When i play this game, i do it to relax, but this new limit, after the one at 150, makes me go offline. After all, this is a game. 

I do not drive careless, but if a road is empty i like to go a bit faster, and to avoid players like on C-D road, i drive alot on the eastern roads.

Lets say it like this,
On the one hand, this update is very good for us. Thanks to the speed limit of 60 km / h in urban areas and 110 km / h outside, the accident rate will drop significantly. Also, in general, we no longer have to be so scared of being rammed by some trolls or anything like that.

Looked at on the other side, there are people who can drive at a speed of 140 km / h, 150 km / h or anything else safely without deliberately ramming. Or if the freeway is free and there is no truck in sight, you can easily step on the gas pedal a bit more. And that's the point that will surely piss off some players, sorry for that phrase.
And the arcade servers make you feel like an idiot. You can drive as fast as you want, you can not ram anyone, and you can not be banned (insults etc. excluded).
The arcade servers I feel as if it was an EU2 "replacement" for Trolls.
To summarize it:
We have to separate the good, experienced players from the bad ones. Therefore, I think the new update rather for a stopgap, not a permanent solution.

Nevertheless, I wish you a pleasant day

Why triples are no longer allowed in ETS2? It will be better if TMP will allow it in Scandinavia and Beyond the Baltic, I know lot of people who drive good with triples and know how to operate it. I think that better solution is to back everything up, Eu1 for sim, Eu2.. Hm, u know.

P.S.: Sry for my English

We need a way to get rid of the trolls on Sim servers, they are now all over the place since they can't do any damages on the arcade servers since they are all non collision, trolls go where they can cause havoc and crashes, not where they can't do any damages to anyone. One of the way is to put the arcade servers in collision mode like they were before, and get rid of the damn scout cars on simulation server, its a truck driving simulator for god sake, not a need for speed clone.

76561198104067447.png

I personally think that the update isn't entirely the best way forwards, however it is a good step for the future.
Although I really don't think it has solved the issues they wanted it to solve, the CD road is just as chaotic as ever, maybe even worse to be honest.

The speed limitations on the simulations servers are a good move, realistic but still fun in a way.
I personally would not play on the arcade servers as they are just plainly boring and far from realistic, however one change I would make to them is to have one of them collisions and one not, but have the same non collision rules apply to both (Basically a 'you are entering the arcade servers at your own risk' sort of thing).
As for the cars, I personally think they should be banned from simulations servers (available for Game Moderators or above), available in Arcade servers to anyone and available in dedicated event servers for event staff/management and TMP Staff only.

You now have 2 servers with the same rule

I love driving at 150km / h and I think the limit should be 160km / h.

The server that had no limit has now been taken to the option of driving at the desired speed

If you want to walk at 110km you have another server to choose

It was everyone being forced to walk at 110km / h or on the server without fun, which has no collision

Not to mention that the trip was interminable

I think everything was better before the update. The people who strictly adhere to the rules went to EU1. The people who want to drive without a speed limit have ridden on EU2. But almost everyone knows that playing on EU2, where there are many trollers (which is no justification for reckless driving). However, I do not understand then, why the decent players provide for a general speed limit, although the solution is so easy and then they drive on EU1? By the way, EU1 players could drive 90 kmh. After the update, you can drive 110 km / h. And something is called "simulation"? Do you realize that the whole thing is more unrealistic than before? In my opinion, will be punished with the update EU1 and EU2 players.

On 7/3/2019 at 5:50 PM, Nathan564 said:

Realistically if TruckersMP want to strive for "simulation" then cars should be limited to the arcade servers only (excluding moderators) 

as a Sim driver and not a member of the Skodarati, I have to disagree there, instead I would like it to be a contractual reward where you need to go 6 months without a ban.  if you get a ban then its taken away from you for 6 months. 

As for the 130km/h, or even the 150 limit, that wasn't the problem, the problem was the reckless driving selfies on the CD road, and now the privilige to do 150km/h has been removed.  (which doesn't affect me and never did affect me as even when I was in a Skoda, my limiter was on, 65mph ATS, 56mph ETS and more often than not I would be cruising at just under the 80km/h speed limit on autobahns anyway

42 minutes ago, einfallsreicherName said:

By the way, EU1 players could drive 90 kmh. After the update, you can drive 110 km / h

You're wrong, before the update, the speed limits in EU#1 were 60/110, same as now in Simulation 1 and 2. Many people believe that the limits were 50/90, proof that they never drove in that server. And lots of people who love simulation played in EU#2 because it had like 2000 more slots, so it could host a lot more people. Same as now, speed lovers are using Simulation 1 instead of any of the arcade no-speed-limits servers. Players seek to play with others rather than on empty roads, that's why IMO the biggest server will always be the preferred one.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:21 PM, Barba' said:

I agree with this change, 110 km / h in a truck already and a lot of speed, imagine 200km / h ...

110km / h is very good

90km / h for truck

110km / h for cars

It would indeed be better to have a maximum of 90 km to drive.
Personally, the cars may be banned from me, I see no added value in this.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

Arcade 1 or 2 should 100% has collision, atleast one of them. People like to go fast and still be ets2, No collisions in like a gta race with no collisions, we aint trying to hit each other, but its boring if accidents cant happen.

(Dont tell me to go play another game, i want to go fast in ets2, no gta or any other game)

It is perfectly clear what you want.
Unfortunately for you, TMP seems to opt for Simulation.
For me also the most logical choice for a program called Truck Simulator.
Be happy that they still give you a choice to play because it is clear that what you would like to do does not fit with TMP.
I am happy with the chosen path of TMP.

Cheers,

spacer.png

I have chosen: 
Do you like the new server system applied by TruckersMP?
 YES

In the simulation mode, do you agree to reduce the speed 110km / h?
YES

Should Scout cars be out of the multiplayer (only simulation mode)?
Only people with a real car license can drive them x).

I think it's a very good update.

284174119_role_VeteranI.png.f09bfbb8fe2a

license plate: JVERKEL

This survey can not be portrayed as being representative, as the actual number of TruckersMP community members is beyond one million.

As the first question is obviously to answer with a simple yes or no, the additional given choices contradict the question.
A possible solution to this problem is to reduce the choices to "yes" or "no" and the request to state a reason in the comments why a certain choice has been made.

Done: YES YES NO

Some of the suggested changes would be outright impossible to implement. Like having different speed limits for highways and small roads would require creating zones, same like the city speed limit zones we already have, but for every single road. Now with constant map updates by SCS, these would be completely broken after every map update, and they would also clash anywhere different type of road cross or join. Similarly, scout car can't have different speed speed limit, it's just a scania truck with some plastic surgery.

On 7/3/2019 at 7:59 PM, IZMIR_METRO said:

How do in simulation 110kph speed limit makes sense when IRL you can even push 160kph with trailer? 

1. Its heavily illegal to do 160kph with a truck 2. Its near to impossible 3. ETS2 truck struggle to go over 120kph

I actually am totally on board with the new speed limiter at 110. I generally only did about 120 unless someone was right up my ass so it's really hardly a change for me. And honestly I'd have to say to keep the Scout as-is. I tend to drive it so it'd be kinda annoying if it was walled off because a minority drove like idiots.

8 hours ago, ClooneyClown said:

It is perfectly clear what you want.
Unfortunately for you, TMP seems to opt for Simulation.
For me also the most logical choice for a program called Truck Simulator.
Be happy that they still give you a choice to play because it is clear that what you would like to do does not fit with TMP.
I am happy with the chosen path of TMP.

Cheers,

I'm not saying that everyone is unhappy, im stating my opinion. U may agree, but what i see is, you are fine with the "Simulation" side, so my issue would not even effect you. Since i want collision in atleast one of the Arcade servers, which then everyone is happy, as everyone still has the mode they wish to enjoy.

Archived