Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.

Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.  

444 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new server system applied by TruckersMP?

• YES
    • NO
    • On 2 Arcade servers, we need 1 with a collision and 1 without (with arcade mode rules : https://truckersmp.com/blog/167)
    • I have a suggestion to make as a comment
    • No opinion
  2. 2. In the simulation mode, do you agree to reduce the speed 110km/h ?

• YES
    • NO (keep the 150km/h)
    • This limitation should be applied only on C.D road
    • No, because now it’s going to take longer to travel through Europe
    • Maximum 150km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • Maximum 200km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • No opinion
  3. 3. Should Scout cars be out of the multiplayer (only simulation mode)?

• YES
    • NO
    • No, a tougher ban if dangerous driving.
    • Not allowed on road C.D
    • No, and for truck convoys with friends how will we do without safety car?
    • Scout cars should be attributed only to moderators and people you trust to reduce accidents.
    • No opinion
    • Only people with a real car license can drive them x)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

This survey can not be portrayed as being representative, as the actual number of TruckersMP community members is beyond one million.

As the first question is obviously to answer with a simple yes or no, the additional given choices contradict the question.
A possible solution to this problem is to reduce the choices to "yes" or "no" and the request to state a reason in the comments why a certain choice has been made.

Hey Joao Rodrigues,

Answer: "On 2 Arcade servers, we need 1 with a collision and 1 without (with arcade mode rules: https://truckersmp.com/blog/167)" does not contradict the question because if you vote this answer is that you do not agree since this answer explains a change to make (if it disturbs you then I should have put a "no" at the beginning). Then the answers: "I have a suggestion to make as a comment" also means that the person does not like and therefore wants to propose a suggestion.
I hope you understand my ^^

Thanks

TruckersMP.... 

You want that everyone play the game like it should be : in simulation and you have totally right ! 

Just ignore those who want an Arcade server without collisions.

Admins will do their work on Simulation server.

To force those racers to play at 110km/h is the best choice.

Thank's a lot for this awesome update, and please don't change anything.

Many of you are seeing only in your garden. They have to understand that there are people who prefer to go 150kmh on the simulation server to complete a journey in a short time, because they simply have little time to play and want their company to progress. And they play on that simulation server because there are a lot of people connected and you do not feel alone.
Another thing, in real life, a truck can reach that speed but at the cost of fines. I can contribute the idea of implementing a system of punishment to those who produce accidents at high speeds, for example, loss of points that entail to limit the speed to a specific player. I suppose it should be an automated system.

Post made with Google Translator.

39 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Many of you are seeing only in your garden. They have to understand that there are people who prefer to go 150kmh on the simulation server to complete a journey in a short time, because they simply have little time to play and want their company to progress. And they play on that simulation server because there are a lot of people connected and you do not feel alone.
Another thing, in real life, a truck can reach that speed but at the cost of fines. I can contribute the idea of implementing a system of punishment to those who produce accidents at high speeds, for example, loss of points that entail to limit the speed to a specific player. I suppose it should be an automated system.

Post made with Google Translator.

In many country trucks have governed speed limits, I know for a fact in France its 90km/h, if a truck is found going faster by the cops, they face a real high offense, and I'm 99% sure France isn't the only place with forced speed limits on trucks in Europe, all for safety cause driving them even 10km/h faster in real life makes their braking distance much longer. Here in Canada, no trucks are allowed to go faster than 105km/h, and some US States have similar rules with different speed limits.

If you don't have time to respect the road rules while playing the game on simulation server and the slightest traffic jam is getting on your nerves, then choose another game like Forza or Need For Speed.where the goal is actually to go fast, don't love just driving and you like to cause Havoc, go play GTA5 or Watch Dogs 1 or 2.

76561198104067447.png

I do not like these changes, while the push for Simulation and making that the main focus for MP is a good thing and I do support that the fact there there is no longer a middle ground server between the 110km/h limited and NCZ No speed limit servers is pretty sad.

There are alot of players in MP and while some enjoy the full hardcore as realistic as possible play while many many other players enjoyed to play without being limited in speed, the majority of these players and those unhappy with these changes are not reckless drivers or trolls, they enjoy driving at faster speeds when it is save to do so, controlling their vehicle at speeds and slowing for other  traffic, overtaking when safe and being able to go fast speeds on the empty motorways, many liked a more partly Simulation play and not the full unrealistic NCZ servers as its not fun when everyone just drivers through everyone.

Alot of the players are just simply asking for a middle ground server, an arcade server with collisions where they can go and continue to enjoy MP rather then being forced onto servers they do not like, the problems of EU2 have not gone away due to these changes, its just all slower now and its all the good players who enjoyed speed who are being affected by these changes, the trolls and reckless drivers still do what that did before just now at slower speeds

Simulation would still be the biggest server and have the most players aswell as being the main focus for moderation like this plan and changes want but an arcade with collisions would allow for all players to have a server to play on and have that server variety that is lacking now. 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I would say that the 110 km/h speed limit on the simulation servers is too low. I would say that the speed limit should be at least 140km/h, as that is the highest legal speed on any road type in Europe (excluding autobahns), as it is the motorway speed limit in Poland and probably others that I can't be bothered to look up. The point is, if cars are not going to be allowed to go at the speed limit, then how is it a simulation, when in real life most cars go way above it anyway? And I know that I will get responses about how it is a truck simulator, but cars are liked, used, and in most cases, used well. It is only a small minority who abuse the cars, giving them their bad reputation. taking away cars would be a missive blow to the mod.

What me and, from what it sounds like, many other players want is to have a server like Europe 2 or 3, instead of either extreme of Europe 1 or 4, which is basically what we have now. While I am not against the simulation and arcade system in principle, I think that it has been implemented badly and without a proper, representative consultation of the playerbase. /rant

@jiunaughten That would be a cool change, but I believe that it's not possible to have different speed limits for cars and trucks. In the end, the cars are trucks with a modified body, the game's engine would see them still as trucks. And if the speed limit is raised so cars could go at 140 Km/h, then trucks would be able to do the same. And we all know what that would cause... 90% of the players in the server would go at 140 Km/h, cars or trucks (BTW, in Spain the maximum allowed speed for cars on highways is 120 Km/h)

I like how this is going, and I would even cap the speedlimit to 90 on Simulation servers (but 110 is not too much over the speed limit).

On 7/5/2019 at 12:54 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You're wrong, before the update, the speed limits in EU#1 were 60/110, same as now in Simulation 1 and 2. Many people believe that the limits were 50/90, proof that they never drove in that server. And lots of people who love simulation played in EU#2 because it had like 2000 more slots, so it could host a lot more people. Same as now, speed lovers are using Simulation 1 instead of any of the arcade no-speed-limits servers. Players seek to play with others rather than on empty roads, that's why IMO the biggest server will always be the preferred one.

I totally agree with this :

I always played on EU2 because there was a lot of people, so it's not empty and boring, this is my first condition to choose a server, before simulation.

Right now, I finally have a server which satisfies both conditions and I'm much more happy than before.

On 7/4/2019 at 6:37 AM, Terror Don said:

my crew and me deleted the acc, this shit new rules.

400 users less then.

the multiplayer gets worse

Glad you're gone.  You're the type of player most of us complain about.  Go play GTA if you want to drive like a child.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:42 PM, MrMielsen said:

Why triples are no longer allowed in ETS2? It will be better if TMP will allow it in Scandinavia and Beyond the Baltic, I know lot of people who drive good with triples and know how to operate it. I think that better solution is to back everything up, Eu1 for sim, Eu2.. Hm, u know.

P.S.: Sry for my English

You can only use trailer combinations that occur in the default game, ETS2 doesn't feature triples by default.  See here.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:08 PM, InsaneCallum said:

I'm not saying that everyone is unhappy, im stating my opinion. U may agree, but what i see is, you are fine with the "Simulation" side, so my issue would not even effect you. Since i want collision in atleast one of the Arcade servers, which then everyone is happy, as everyone still has the mode they wish to enjoy.

It would also be my preference that 1 Server is Arcade with collisions.
This reduces the chance that trolls will come to simulation servers.
But it is also true that TMP can make the policy, they make it possible for all of us to drive together.

I still wish you a lot of pleasure and hopefully the new change will ultimately bring you pleasure.

spacer.png

Submitted feedback. Suggested an arcade server with collision. I also suggested having a warning message on entry to state the server is not moderated. A way for players to get the server they want and to reduce workload for game moderators.

Not the best solution, but the basically our only option as the devs want to reduce trolling / dealing with trolls.

The reply from Marco6158:

"We had already put that server option in discussion when working on simulation changes and we did not implement it for reasons I won't share."

Pack it up boys. There is no hope for us here. The devs have a plan for their servers and do not care if you dislike it. They are the devs, so they can do whatever they want with their mod. I'm glad I got to play the old servers. Such a shame about the changes. I wish all the best for the dev team and this mod.

So let me get this straight. TMP have removed the one server that made multiplayer worth playing. Got it. 

I'm all for simulation and arcade, but I am also for freedom of choice. When I wanted to make a quick delivery and had few real-time hours to dedicate to the game I took it to EU4 and floored it. When I wanted to test my skills in J-Spec I took it to EU1. But what made the online experience was the orderly chaos of EU2. I speak for myself that it made me a far better driver both in-game and IRL constantly trying to predict what every other driver was doing. It also made finding those few good drivers out there that much more fun to impromptu convoy with.

But here's the real problem and I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but eith EU2 gone TMP has inadvertently filtered all of the trolls into simulation-only servers. If anything, this creates a hostile environment and goes against the one scenario they've attempted to fix. A troll is a troll. They will find a way. People will still hack and people will still block. The possible solution to siphon off the new wave of trolls is to bring collision parameters to arcade server. But you better be prepared to leave that sever when you're being trolled upon because no moderator will want to oversee Arcade. Their report workload would be astronomical from all of the small underage children ramming one another, acting tough over the internet and crying foul when another player does to them what they did to another. 

No one is going to play arcade and hardly anyone is going to really enjoy simulation. People will gravitate towards chaos and will seek out the challenges therein, myself including. I personally enjoyed driving J-Spec in EU2 (the exception being C-D road where I would find a nice balance of reasonable driving and keeping with the flow of traffic) because I never quite knew what was going to happen. If I wanted predictability I'd have stayed in singleplayer.

If TMP really wants to make a change they need to focus on proper training and regulation of their in-game moderators. While I personally have never had any run-ins with them I've seen first hand at their worst they are toxic and power hungry and at their best and most common they are incompotent. I understand that they are all volunteers and no one gets payed to do any of this, but a blanket regulation also seems the half-baked easy way out. 

I understand the premise of a simulator. But the multiplayer fan base of ETS2 has much more going for it or it did. It was one of those simulators that never got boring because of the vast unknown that other players would bring. 

I'm already bored with it. 

If I understand the lack of communication from the dev team right now means they have 0 intention of changing anything again, they don't give a damn what people think, the changes are nice but we need an arcade server with collision enabled to get rid of the trolls that are now on both simulation servers, and please get rid of the cars on 1 of the simulation server, they serve 0 purpose except for moderators and admins perhaps, or very controlled use for convoys.

76561198104067447.png

On 7/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, LeSpindle said:

A troll is a troll. They will find a way. People will still hack and people will still block. The possible solution to siphon off the new wave of trolls is to bring collision parameters to arcade server. But you better be prepared to leave that sever when you're being trolled upon because no moderator will want to oversee Arcade.

You are correct, but only to a certain point. There were trolls before (mostly in EU#2) and there are now (mostly in Simulation 1). Because of collisions, of course, and because of the 4200 slots capacity. "New wave of trolls", I'm not sure about this. IMO, it's the same people as before and they usually "move" in the same areas as before. Bringing collisions to one arcade servers would probably make some trolls change to this server, but most (IMO) would stay in the Simulation 1. More victims and more vulnerable ones. In a no-speed-limits environment, possible victims would have a higher chance to run away from trolls than in a controlled-speed one where many people don't even go by the limits, but slower. If no moderators oversee the arcade-no-speed-limits-and-collisions server, I think that the forums will start being flooded again, with most players using that server requesting the presence of GMs. Even if they don't get that, they'll still send web reports, so the report system overload would be the same or (probably) worse than before.

This being said, the only solution to get rid of trolls... It's (IMO) the one mentioned by @Hecki_Stafman. Make the Simulation servers no-collisions. Trolls would have nothing to do and they'd eventually leave and go to other games where they can actually do their sick stuff. Still waiting for someone to suggest something like this. I won't, because I'm glad with the current situation. From my POV (simulation style, WoT jobs with 90 Km/h speed limit), things have improved and Simulation 1 is better than what EU#2 used to be.

the best solution would be to set up

server Hard Simulation where Scout cars would be banned,

limit would be 50 / 100km / h

long-term ping (eg 10s) would not exceed 150ms.

The reason for the ban (after the report) would be a gross violation of traffic regulations such as driving on red, not giving priority to driving, deliberate driving in the opposite direction, etc. In case of repeated offenses, grant a lifetime ban on entering this server.

Of course, this does not solve individual incidents that some individuals deliberately evoke, but it would bring the game closer to the simulation - when the game is called.

Btw, I wonder how much would a monthly rental of such a server cost 500-1000 people? Including admin supervision from 07.00 to 01.00 CET

Sorry, Google translator

Archived