Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.

Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.  

444 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new server system applied by TruckersMP?

• YES
    • NO
    • On 2 Arcade servers, we need 1 with a collision and 1 without (with arcade mode rules : https://truckersmp.com/blog/167)
    • I have a suggestion to make as a comment
    • No opinion
  2. 2. In the simulation mode, do you agree to reduce the speed 110km/h ?

• YES
    • NO (keep the 150km/h)
    • This limitation should be applied only on C.D road
    • No, because now it’s going to take longer to travel through Europe
    • Maximum 150km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • Maximum 200km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • No opinion
  3. 3. Should Scout cars be out of the multiplayer (only simulation mode)?

• YES
    • NO
    • No, a tougher ban if dangerous driving.
    • Not allowed on road C.D
    • No, and for truck convoys with friends how will we do without safety car?
    • Scout cars should be attributed only to moderators and people you trust to reduce accidents.
    • No opinion
    • Only people with a real car license can drive them x)

Capture90.PNG.eaa11855613542aaad078ef1dc151672.PNG766619653_Capture110.PNG.9a0d0d1a297debd684ded3e072a96f2a.PNG

Do you agree with the new changes, have any ideas to share? I leave it to you to answer the questionnaire and to debate on the subject, each person has the right to evoke his point of view/ opinion.

:tmp: Nathrob

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the update since the goal was to make the game more realistic.

And for me this already happened: 

* more people on the roads 

* it takes longer to overtake people due to similar speeds (most likely between 90 to 110 km/h) - However, as an compromise we could raise it step by step in the future  (120, 130 and stop at some point eventually)

* people do not speed anymore with their trucks loaded with tons

I am sure those will decrease the danger of accidents and therefore the incoming reports. But this needs to be tested first.

For those who are unhappy with the update: give it a go, try it out for the time being and send in feedbacks to cooperate with the staffs in a human way

image.png.d89587f1d5db45c35842d6470a3597cb.png - image.png.8a33dca516f517c97d889b2663475830.pngimage.png.303fcd79c42df80b154f88224b55ad02.png - image.png.d5613947ba2cde10b014d07d663bef3c.png

discord: apoo#2436 image.png.9bca92bc6bd687ccdd95d71eba4bab9d.pngimage.png.03b5da7810f2c8171120de08d46ce134.pngimage.png.34cd02e37c0e61a26ec144a312c6dc83.png

My only problem with this new "update" is the fact that the trailer modding rules are far too restrictive now and need more clarification, as I've already gotten into two arguments with TMP staff over clarification of the new trailer modding rules. And unsurprisingly, neither TMP Staff member had even the slightest f***in' idea of what the rules are meant to mean. That's a big problem when TMPs own Staff don't understand what their new rules mean.

The simulation servers (at this moment) feel no different than the original EU#2 did, so I have no issues with it at all. We just need to be a lot more careful when we're driving about Europe. While I like rocketing around at 150 km/h (when my load permits it, mostly dry van trailers and what-not) to get jobs done faster, I feel that 110 is pretty good as well. Still a faster speed than maxing out at 90 when you've still got 20-some hours of driving to do in-game. But again, to have a speed like that, we need to be careful and responsible for our actions and how said actions will affect the other drivers we come across and interact with. Finally, player-controlled cars is a touchy subject for me. While I've never used them myself, I have had some poor experiences with other players driving them. I know a number of those players don't mean to cause harm, but there's been a number of times where I've seen cars cause accidents with other truckers/truckers trying to avoid crashing into the cars but causing accidents anyway; and most times it's completely by accident, but some times it is deliberate misuse of the vehicle and ruins other players' experiences. I feel they should be removed entirely from the sim servers or at least restricted to moderators (yes I know people driving trucks can still do the same thing, but they're needed to actually play the game). 

The Simulation servers are good already.

The idea of No Collisions in Arcade is also good, but for some, it's a bit controversial for those who hangout with their friends and drive recklessly (yes i know this is going against the rules but the group is having fun, it's okay if it's not annoying other people) and try not to touch each other.
Some minor tweaks on the rules for Arcade like the save edit rules should be softer a bit, if neither person can hit each other, there should be less accidents caused by some save edits (what's wrong with having triples in Arcade tho?). 
If one of the Arcade servers get their collisions enabled, the current rules should be good enough, but have the server's player limit at a lower amount like 2100.
Most people that seek fun over realistic driving will naturally try to join the server where they could do their things. More people attract more people, the said server might be the next EU2. The lower limit on the server is too keep Simulation servers' popularity not to drop too much.

All things aside, my current opinion on this whole update is neutral. I agree at some parts, and I disagree at some too. I like when there's balance between the playerbase, so, seek the balance if needed.

Sadly the active forum community is stressful (just to me) simulation oriented.

With trolls around the server, as one of the casual drivers who don’t want to strictly play such a stressful simulation, just wanted to drive casually, and following all the in game rules with some speed on motorway, I am punished.

The 6th gear in my gearbox become an accessory in TMP.

The poll result implies a majority refusal to my style either.

Very disappointed at all.

I think the cars should be there as its realistic (IRL there will be not only cars but vans, bikes etc.. so bassicly should be a part of the simulation) BUT there should be a system if you were banned once for a Scout related thing you get your perms revoked and can not spawn in a scout car

15 minutes ago, IZMIR_METRO said:

when IRL you can even push 160kph with trailer

IRL trucks are required to have a speed limiter set to 90km/h.

17 minutes ago, ItzAlex021 said:

there should be a system if you were banned once for a Scout related thing you get your perms revoked and can not spawn in a scout car

This seems like a good solution if they wanna keep the car available to most anyone. Otherwise I really wouldn't mind it being made available to trusted players only. Afaik the car is in the game mostly for convoys, hence the pilot skin. I don't know how common it actually is to use the Scout in that role and whether it is viable to whitelist people for car usage. If it's commonly used in its intended role whitelisting might be too much work for the team so the solution to blacklist people that abuse it might be better.

the speed limits are fine. they made 2 servers for ETS that are drive like a lunatic and can only get banned on those 2 server for not following the very few rules for those servers. people complained that this game was a simulation and shouldn't have the limiter removed from the old EU4 free roam server. now they are complaining that they have to drive with simulation rules. is this a good move on the account of TMP? yes. driving at a max of 68 mph on highways in ETS and 55 in the cities is fine. will it take you longer to get to your destination? yes, but you will be playing by the simulation rules, you want to drive at 105 mph go play on the arcade servers, since that is what you want, and arcade experience.

Hello from Indonesia,

It is nice that now you create the simulation room for us.

But like in the real life trucking. Sometimes, you have a bad driver, crash, past the speed limit etc etc. That will create a very nice truck driving experience.

So what I am thinking is to leave the speed limit as it is 150km/h.

What TMP should do is to have the same auto kick system like when we don't turn on the light after 6.00PM.

You may free to determine how many second but I think 15 seconds warning is more than enough for a speeder to slower his truck.

The second is if you decide to have an arcade server with collision, please apply the same rules as in the simulation except the speed limiter. Why? Because if you don't apply driving rules, then we are going to have an ETS2 wreckfest than a full speed trucking experience. Those bullies will enjoy smashing, ramming others without any reason.

That's my opinion.

Thanks

Archived