How do you guys feel about the new rules and server?

DoktorBlazin

I want to hear all about how ATS Truckers feel about these new rules and servers put into place. 

Are you guys happy with a change? 
Do you think the arcade server is worth TMP investing in?
Should there be collisions on the arcade server for more fun?
Is the speed limiter on the Simulation servers going to hurt Race VTCs?
Specifically, what about the actual rules change? 

IMO, rather than having separate arcade servers, i think its best to run simulator only servers, but two sets, one with set with speed limits, and other without. Further if i add, simulator without speed limits will always be more popular than with speed limits.
For me its all about controlling such heavy machinery is what got me into ets 2 mp in the first place, so adding those limits is kind of a turn off for me. arcade with collisions on? i'd definitely like to see it.
One more thing i'd like to suggest is regarding no collisions within the companies etc, why not allow collisions in those spaces as well in simulator specific servers? that would definitely make it more immersive for me, well provided other drivers agree to it......

@APSingh

I've always wanted to see the addition of yards with collisions, but the amount of overhead that would require from us would be far too much. You see players go AFK on the unloading pad all the time. I wouldn't trust many users to actually respect and obey others in yards, especially the smaller ones that you find across ETS2 and some in ATS. That would leave us with much more work than we need. Besides, ETS2 and ATS were never built with multiplayer in mind. NCZ areas are required to keep trailers that spawn from taking damage or flying off in a grand display of SCS's physics engine. Puls, the yards aren't really built for handling multiple lorries at once. A few yes, but busy cities would be a nightmare.

It's a great idea in theory, but it would be an absolute mess to manage both from a player standpoint and a moderation standpoint.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

yeap, well gotta make change happen, gotta enforce it i guess, but still speed limits is kind of turn off thou, hope they remove that atleast, cause its simply IMO pointless, thou they can always enforce realistic stability and suspension effects from the game engine itself, that will make people brake more often in turns i suppose xD

The limits are not going to be re-addressed anytime soon.

Both ETS2 and ATS are simulation games by default and they are designed to be approached from a sim-minded standpoint. If you were on the team and you saw the reports we see and handle day in and day out, you would understand some of the justification for the changes. Speed is the OVERWHELMING factor in the incidents we see. It facilitates a very impatient, reckless, and disrespectful style of play.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I think it stinks I can see now there going to loose a lot of player base I get that stop the reports coming in agreed but bottom line its a game I have noticed since the rules have changed specially at phoenix a lot of people going back to cars and there been ramming, blocking, trolling going on more then I have seen it since ATS started  I seen people in singles doing more things now then ever its a simulator not real life should have left the game the way it is I would of been happy if they just banned the triple heavy trailer only left everything else me myself had them and they caused to many issues I seen games crumble because of this eg (a game I played had a gun they brought a rule in saying cant hold it or use it even if it was from the game itself ) the game fell apart because of bad reputation now from I have seen it woulda been easy to make the log road non - collision because people think dam no fun anymore I think its the ADMINS want to be 100% in control again I have also noticed when people get banned or perm banned they have stated ( RESPECT SCS STAFF ) which does state in the rules they not part of SCS in anyway you find this bottom of the rules leave the game along put it back to normal and get rid of the cars

2 hours ago, *Blazin the Satanist* said:

Are you guys happy with a change? 

Of course I am. As happy as I can be. It's almost exactly what I had posted as a suggestion.

Should there be collisions on the arcade server for more fun?

Already missing the "Idiots on the road"? Do you like being rammed by others for no reason other than fun? Because if this is true, you may have chosen the wrong game and should try "Wreckfest".

Is the speed limiter on the Simulation servers going to hurt Race VTCs?

If these "Race VTCs" are really a thing, they have the Arcade servers without speed limits instead of a 150 Km/h one , so they should be happy.

Specifically, what about the actual rules change? 

As someone who has always followed the rules, the only "problem" with rules changes is that I need a couple of minutes to read them and learn what changed so I can keep playing legit.

Ok since you asked.....

1. I am highly upset to the save edit changes since I am one of them that actually likes to save edit and pull different and fun trailers.

2 arcade servers are ok but where is ATS one?

3 race VTC really should be limited since this is a simulation game and most newer american trucks have limiters so i actually like the limiter. plus most accidents were caused by them racing around other players or trolling.

4 and if a road is a congested mess then why no just make it a no collision zone. 

again my thoughts.

I appreciate the new changes. IMO they were long overdue and are necessary to "separate the wheat from the chaff".
The arcade server with its no speed limit and no collision will satisfy all players that prefer to drive at excessive speeds, without the disadvantage of endangering other players.
I have never heard of Race VTCs and it surprises me that these have been approved to join Multiplayer.

I don't really care about the speed limits at all. I just want to be able to save edit my trailers again. I never hurt anyone with my save edits. A large part of the joy of the game was learning how to do it, coming up with new an interesting loads and trailer combinations, and challenging myself to drive them. I guess you could say I hate the speed limit now for one big reason, they took away -my- speed limiter, heavy trailers, challenging driving... replaced it with watered down boredom and then instead of allowing me to drive the truck in a way that keeps me interested, slowed me down on top of that. It was like two big hits to my interest in the game. 

5 hours ago, MechMan said:

I see you all posting about arcade servers but where do you see one. This is an ATS discussion?

Arcade is an ETS thing

Apparentley they are supposed to be putting an arcade server for ATS, at least that is what I understand.

5 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I appreciate the new changes. IMO they were long overdue and are necessary to "separate the wheat from the chaff".
The arcade server with its no speed limit and no collision will satisfy all players that prefer to drive at excessive speeds, without the disadvantage of endangering other players.
I have never heard of Race VTCs and it surprises me that these have been approved to join Multiplayer.

So a "Race VTC" is drivers who go over 62mph in ETS2 and over 81 mph on ATS to complete their loads. That is racing in my opinion.

The only reason speed limits and arcade mode are problematic is because AI traffic is not in the game. If the highways weren't completely empty all the time then you might not feel the need to speed around as much. I'm all for a full simulation mode but it doesn't include artificial speed limits, it includes AI traffic.

I’m pretty upset mainly because that ATS is speed limit restricted 

People say this is a “simulator” but even in real life if no one is on the highway semi’s speed too

my point is if you wanna restrict collisions and speed your best off with making collisions turn off automatically after what ever speed limit is imposed

but the game is too damn boring hitting the speed limit and then just looking at the  scenery because the highways are empty

the problem with your statement is the fact that almost all trucks in the states have a limiter, which means they cant go over a set speed. trucks from California are limited to 55 mph. so as you said "if no one is around" they still cant go any faster then the limiter will allow.

not sure if it would be possible, but they could set an 80 mph (the current speed limiter for highways) monitor. that if you go over that for more then say 20 seconds you get kicked from the server. though if they did that I think even more people would be upset then having an imposed max speed of 80 mph.

I saw nothing wrong with the old way as I could do up to 80 mph with a load on and go really fast when going to my next load bob tailing or at a speed I felt comfortable with pulling an empty trailer. This new way goes against everything real truckers liked. I also don't see how this will stop the trollers as a troll is just there to make your gaming experience unenjoyable and gets his kicks from you yelling at him on the CB or reporting him. Eventually yes he will get perma banned but because of the way the game recognizes an account that said troller will just create another account and go back to doing what he does best. I made my peace.

In regards to the speed limit debate, it's not true that all or most trucks in the US have limiters.  There are idiots in congress pushing to make that happen, but as of now, it's primarily trucks owned by large carriers that are limited.  You can, if you so choose, have your own truck limited- it's built right into the ECM- but I don't know any owner operators who would do that (unless they got a big discount on their insurance:D).  In ATS we are, for the most part, simulating an owner operator environment, so the speed limit is a strike against true simulation, but it's high enough that it really doesn't bother me.

32 minutes ago, HAR_Sabre said:

In regards to the speed limit debate, it's not true that all or most trucks in the US have limiters.  There are idiots in congress pushing to make that happen, but as of now, it's primarily trucks owned by large carriers that are limited.  You can, if you so choose, have your own truck limited- it's built right into the ECM- but I don't know any owner operators who would do that (unless they got a big discount on their insurance:D).  In ATS we are, for the most part, simulating an owner operator environment, so the speed limit is a strike against true simulation, but it's high enough that it really doesn't bother me.

Good point. A lot of people here like to roll with the 55 MPH truck limit in California but not only is that not even close to representative of the whole country (imagine going 55 through all of Kansas) but it isn’t even followed in California by any trucker. Interesting point of contention with the speed limiter in ATS. Hope that the team (which is primarily European) can think about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  

//Moved to Archive

Archived