How do you see TMP updates to servers and rules?

[Chenxi/COO]*Sange

On 8/1/2019 at 4:38 AM, Odion said:

@TheCreepyTruckr Your argument is the same like "go and play Forza if you want speed". I know, you know and EVERYONE KNOWS that no one is going to drive on the arcade servers without collisions. Only the "simulator based" part of the community likes the changes, because they were driving low speed anyway. But for the rest of us, TMP Staff literally destroyed and threw to the trash can the last thing this community had. FUN. Now is just a boring mod with only a few ok staff members. The rest are just doing nothing, complaining about how hard their work is and saying every time they have the opportunity that IFMP is just a hoax and that it will never get released. Instead of complaining about how hard your work is, and even less to care about the development of another community, you could just do your work fine. But nooo, some players are waiting even 1 month for their web report to get solved. THAT'S AWFUL. Let's not talk about the in-game reports. In almost 2 years of driving on C-D, only 1 in-game report got solved. Also, after this update, I've seen only a few people getting banned or kicked on C-D, even if now it's even a bigger chaos than before, only because the players are unpleased, not because of the speed limit. Personally, I've been driving at the max speed whenever I had the occasion to do so, but never got reported by someone. Yeah, sure, there are still players that think they're in DIRT 4 and driving off-road, or just losing the control of their truck because of the speed they're driving, but they should also know they're limits, so yeah, that's entirely their fault. But you can't say "If I ruined your game that's perfectly fine by me, god knows it's only a matter of time before I would have recorded and reported you anyways". That's just selfish. Extremely selfish. And not just this quote. Your entire reply is selfish, and I can see that you care only about your gameplay, and you want the good only for you, but not for the others. If there were 100 people driving at max speed, and then you appeared, driving by the speed limit, it would be good to force all those players to drive by your style, right? Try to think about the others' gameplay, not only about yours. If the GAME let you do drive over the speed limit, then it's completely ok! But not the right thing is to force 95% of the community (or even more than that) to drive by a speed limit only because "tHiS iS a SiMuLaTiOn GaMe, AnD tMp Is A sImUlAtIoN bAsEd CoMmUnItY". Again, all those decisions made by the staff were completely savage and selfish, without even asking the community, because you know what the results would have been if they did that before the update. ;) The only group of people that likes this "update" is the TMP Staff that are kissing those who came up with these ideas in the arse to not get demoted or something, and the "Iron Knights of TMP" that is you. No wonder why the most TMP players are hoping for IFMP and HGVMP to get released, but then comes you, saying that IFMP is a hoax and that will never get released only because they didn't showed any proof that is a real thing. Let me put your sight in a different point of view. This is like religion right now. I don't have proof that it exists, you don't have proof that it doesn't. But we can still think what we want individually, right? Plus, why would they spend so much time and money on the forum, website and servers development only to be a completely hoax? Why would anyone want to screw up their image for this? I can tell you why. THERE'S NO CURRENT REASON TO DO THAT. Is just TMP's "opinion" to defame IFMP, because me, you AND they know that TMP is going to lose a big part of their community if IFMP gets released.

Best Regards tho.

You trolls can easily go play on the arcade servers if you want to speed then instead of coming to the simulation servers and whining about the rules.  You want to talk selfish, let's talk about that. 

There are arcade servers available but there are two common complaints, lack of collision and lack of players.   If your argument is that there's a lack of collision, you should change your post and start complaining that the arcade servers aren't giving you what you want rather than complain that the simulation servers have rules that you don't want to obey.  Or if you're insistent on playing with others, follow the rules on the server you chose.  Prior to the server change most of you people told anyone that wanted a simulation focus or less trolls to go play in EU1, well now it's your turn, Go play in a different server.

You keep referencing how this is a "GAME" yet you seem to completely avoid the fact that TMP is a multiplayer mod provided by the TMP devs.  If you want to play a game, go play single player since that's your game otherwise, as I suggested before, wait for IFMP to come out or just go and make your own multiplayer mod.  The TMP devs owe you NOTHING.

"If there were 100 people driving at max speed, and then you appeared, driving by the speed limit, it would be good to force all those players to drive by your style, right? Try to think about the others' gameplay, not only about yours."  Wow, let's also talk about how you and those other 100 players are ignoring the rules to follow the in-game road laws.  I can easily find 100 stupid children, convince them that 2+2=22, and send them off.  Does that mean it's suddenly true?  No, it just means there's 100 idiots now running around.

Once again, I'll state my asshole opinion.  If this update ruined the mod for you and you're leaving, stop posting here and go! 

Quick Edit:  If you, or anyone else, want me to take your posts seriously than unhide your ban history and stand behind your driving.  I have nearly 400 accepted web reports and not a single ban against me.  If any of you have actually managed to speed for years without a collision, let's see it cause I don't believe any of you for a second.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading about the new Server structure on the Steam Activity page and even then people were saying that not allowing collisions on the Arcade servers was just ridiculous and I made a comment about that in agreement. So this means the trolls come to Simulation Servers and even though there is a speed limit, they come just to deliberately crash into us. 

Who on earth within the TruckersMP Towers thought that was a good idea is beyond me! Questions is, is this going to change?? Will collisions be allowed on the arcade servers so that we can be left alone in peace?? Ok, We still might get the odd few trolls here and there but for the love of Mike, please give the trollers what they want and that is an arcade server that allows them to have collisions. 

Come to think of it, if there's No Collisions on Arcade servers, then maybe I should drive on those properly where at least I cant get my truck damaged!!

On 8/1/2019 at 3:34 AM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Guess what buddy, there's an arcade server just for you!  No one is forcing you to use the simulation server, you're just following the crowd of people and whining that you have to follow the rules.

So it's my fault that you have poor time management and can't play without speeding?  If you want to drive to Scandinavia go play single player where you can save on the drive or go teleport your truck there.  There are arcade servers available and you're perfectly free to use those.  Honestly I'm trying so hard to even take you seriously but I can't read your posts

without laughing at you.

Wah, wah, wah, wah.  I think the TMP devs should honestly close Calais and Duisburg and watch as you kids lose your shit.  If I ruined your game that's perfectly fine by me, god knows it's only a matter of time before I would have recorded and reported you anyways.  Seriously, if you want to play it like an arcade game, use the arcade server.  Get off the simulation server if you want to speed.

There are some valid points in every complaint in this forum. Before the speed limit, the situation on the C-D road was a mess and the admins had to do something to fix it. People didn't get in here telling you to suck it up and that's how the C-D road is and if you don't like it you should play another game.

When you're telling people that there's an arcade server for them to speed, you sound like a 10-year old. One year ago there was a simulation server and it was dead empty. Why was it empty if so many people preferred the simulation? So please get off your high horse stop acting like every one who likes to speed is a troll and realise that you're a part of a community. 

Out of the 4000 players i would argue that 90% was driving to the maximum speed of their abilities whether they drive on C-D road or the highway. The fact that driving 150+km/h on C-D is wrong does not make the decision to issue a speed limit right. If you don't understand this then you don't just sound like a 10year-old but you think like one aswell. And if the C-D road was the problem, decisions should be made to affect only that road and not the entire map.

PS: In case you're interested in my ban history i have 6 bans in total, 4 on 2017 and 2 on 2018. The last one expired in 29 Sep of 2018. Most of these are bad overtaking calls and i could argue that i'd do it again. Overtaking is the bread and butter of this game. If you don't do it, you miss half the fun. These bans taught me the difference between a good and a bad overtake and how to implement a fast and safe overtake. And that's the reason why for the past year i haven't been banned.

Also it would be quite an achievement If you had a ban history while driving at 90 km/h.

13 minutes ago, BanneD_ said:

There are some valid points in every complaint in this forum. Before the speed limit, the situation on the C-D road was a mess and the admins had to do something to fix it. People didn't get in here telling you to suck it up and that's how the C-D road is and if you don't like it you should play another game.

Clearly you've never been around to see all the people that told us to go play EU1 whenever someone complained about encountering a troll.

When you're telling people that there's an arcade server for them to speed, you sound like a 10-year old. One year ago there was a simulation server and it was dead empty. Why was it empty if so many people preferred the simulation? So please get off your high horse stop acting like every one who likes to speed is a troll and realise that you're a part of a community. 

When they're coming to the simulation server and start whining about the simulation rules, they sound like an entitled child.  No one made a post complaining that the arcade servers are empty and they want more people to play with, they've made a post complaining that they can't speed or keep doing the reckless behaviour they want on a simulation server.

Out of the 4000 players i would argue that 90% was driving to the maximum speed of their abilities whether they drive on C-D road or the highway. The fact that driving 150+km/h on C-D is wrong does not make the decision to issue a speed limit right. If you don't understand this then you don't just sound like a 10year-old but you think like one aswell. And if the C-D road was the problem, decisions should be made to affect only that road and not the entire map.

It's a mod provided by a private group of individuals.  If they want to make it a max of 50 kph and no collisions they can.  It doesn't matter what you think is right or wrong, it's their project and they can do whatever they want with it.  But once again, people are complaining about the speed limit on the sim server when there is a perfectly good server that doesn't have the restriction they're complaining about.  You like to keep referencing 10 year olds but you seem to keep thinking that everyone should cater to your wishes.  Guess what, my kid did that when they were 10.  Grow the fuck up and realise that no one owes you anything especially when you're using something for free. 

How often do you see the sim players making posts whining about the trolls or speeders?  We'll often comment in the post but we aren't making these topics as often as you kids are about speeding or your hatred of the rules.  The adults will either play the game and accept the rules or we'll move onto something else, we're not going to sit and whine about how it's been ruined and the mod is dead now.

PS: In case you're interested in my ban history i have 6 bans in total, 4 on 2017 and 2 on 2018. The last one expired in 29 Sep of 2018. Most of these are bad overtaking calls and i could argue that i'd do it again. Overtaking is the bread and butter of this game. If you don't do it, you miss half the fun. These bans taught me the difference between a good and a bad overtake and how to implement a fast and safe overtake. And that's the reason why for the past year i haven't been banned.

Also it would be quite an achievement If you had a ban history while driving at 90 km/h.

LoL.  If I wanted to overtake people I'd get in my car and go down to the track for a race weekend.  I know in a lot of those shitty Eastern European countries your drivers don't have a clue, but in most of the civilized world you don't see semi trucks overtaking constantly on tight single lane roads.  If you want to overtake someone on a multi-lane highway, I don't think anyone would bitch unless you hit them.  However when you're trying to overtake on C-D road during a corner (especially when C-D road has a rule banning overtaking already), you're not showing you're a good driver, you're showing your an impatient child.

TL;DR:  Just because you want to play with others, doesn't mean you can dictate the simulation servers.  Go play the arcade one and make posts asking for collision or to try and attract other players.  Don't just whine like an entitled child that the server you picked doesn't cater to your wishes.

LoL.  If I wanted to overtake people I'd get in my car and go down to the track for a race weekend.  I know in a lot of those shitty Eastern European countries your drivers don't have a clue, but in most of the civilized world you don't see semi trucks overtaking constantly on tight single lane roads.

Sigh. Comparing real-life with ETS2 is pathetic. Also assuming that i'm from Eastern Europe is funny.

If you want to overtake someone on a multi-lane highway, I don't think anyone would bitch unless you hit them.  However when you're trying to overtake on C-D road during a corner (especially when C-D road has a rule banning overtaking already), you're not showing you're a good driver, you're showing your an impatient child.

C-D road has plenty of solid overtake spots. As long as you have a powerful truck and a light cargo, you can make fast and safe overtakes.

t's a mod provided by a private group of individuals.  If they want to make it a max of 50 kph and no collisions they can.  It doesn't matter what you think is right or wrong, it's their project and they can do whatever they want with it.  But once again, people are complaining about the speed limit on the sim server when there is a perfectly good server that doesn't have the restriction they're complaining about.  You like to keep referencing 10 year olds but you seem to keep thinking that everyone should cater to your wishes.  Guess what, my kid did that when they were 10.  Grow the fuck up and realise that no one owes you anything especially when you're using something for free. 

I'm pretty sure this forum exists so people can express their thoughts and concerns on the game. I'm fairly certain you did the same the past years when there was no speed limit. But yes i want everyone to cater to my wishes like your 10-year old kid used to do. Or I should have been here 2 years ago and tell you that the admins do not owe you anything especially since you're using their mod for free and you should probably shut the fuck up and be grateful that you even have a multiplayer-mod in the first place instead of complaining about the lack of a speed limit.

To be honst, hate this update, B U T, I can understand why this was done, and the people driving fast, reckless and dangerous had it coming.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:56 AM, BanneD_ said:

Sigh. Comparing real-life with ETS2 is pathetic. Also assuming that i'm from Eastern Europe is funny.

LoL.  Ok, whatever.  Just ignore any argument that you don't like.  Also, I didn't state that you were from Eastern Europe, I stated that Eastern European truck drivers are the ones you tend to see driving recklessly compared to the rest of the developed world.  Go to Germany, England, or America and you don't see truckers driving like they do in Russia or Turkey.

C-D road has plenty of solid overtake spots. As long as you have a powerful truck and a light cargo, you can make fast and safe overtakes.

C-D Road also has a TMP wide rule banning overtaking, but hey, you do whatever you want, right?  You're the special snowflake that deserves everything they demand.

I'm pretty sure this forum exists so people can express their thoughts and concerns on the game. I'm fairly certain you did the same the past years when there was no speed limit. But yes i want everyone to cater to my wishes like your 10-year old kid used to do. 

And I'm here expressing my thoughts to other players.  At no point have I ever created a topic just to whine and bitch that my wants aren't being catered too, I'll just come to your posts and bitch out entitled demands.  When one of you kids can come up with an actual constructive criticism argument I'm sure most of the adults would take you seriously. 

As a help, I'll use my previous statements to help you understand the difference between a constructive complaint and whining:

Constructive:  Why not use the arcade servers and make a post asking for collision physics or some event that can bring more players over?
Useless whining:  Go away you speeding troll.

Sure I'm an asshole and I'm rude, but I've given you suggestions for your complaint and so far you've just ignored anything you haven't liked.  So far you just want to be able to speed and crash around other players but you don't want to work towards a solution for that, you just want to change the rules on the simulation server to fit what you want.  

Or I should have been here 2 years ago and tell you that the admins do not owe you anything especially since you're using their mod for free and you should probably shut the fuck up and be grateful that you even have a multiplayer-mod in the first place instead of complaining about the lack of a speed limit.

Whether I joined years ago (this isn't my only TMP account by the way, I've got two others I use when playing with my family) or if I joined today, the argument is still the same.  You are not paying to use TMP nor are you employed by them in any fashion, so whatever changes they make are theirs to decide.  You're the same as the entitled kids that demand I make them a mod or skin just because they feel like I owe them something.  If I make a truck mod, it doesn't matter what you want, it's my mod.  If I make a skin, same shit, it's MY skin.  TMP has made a multiplayer mod and in doing so IT'S THEIR MOD!  It's not yours, it's not the communities, it is theirs.  Big bold letters:  THEIRS.  

Constant whining and demands from entitled children are why I don't post any of my mods & skins on the internet anymore.  I can only imagine how the TMP team feels with the constant whining from people that just demand things all the time.

Also, I didn't state that you were from Eastern Europe, I stated that Eastern European truck drivers are the ones you tend to see driving recklessly compared to the rest of the developed world.  Go to Germany, England, or America and you don't see truckers driving like they do in Russia or Turkey.

I know in a lot of those shitty Eastern European countries your drivers don't have a clue, but in most of the civilized world you don't see semi trucks overtaking constantly on tight single lane roads.

"Our drivers". It's your words but whatever.

C-D Road also has a TMP wide rule banning overtaking, but hey, you do whatever you want, right?  You're the special snowflake that deserves everything they demand.

Overtaking is not the biggest problem on the C-D road which you would have known if you've ever been there. Let me list you some of the problems that the C-D road has and the speed limit hasn't fixed and won't.  

• Trolls overtake from grass 
  • They somehow make their trucks going through other trucks and drive within huge traffic lines. Imagine the mess it creates. 
  • Players overtake huge traffic lines and cause more traffic cause they end up blocking someone from the other side. 
  • During overtakes, some players decide to ram/block the overtaking truck.

Also keep in mind that this rule you keep bringing up about overtaking is not absolute. You can overtake anyone you want as long as there are not 25+ players in your area. Somehow people think that overtaking is banned in country roads at all times. While the rule clearly states that overtaking is forbidden in areas with 25+ players. 

But It's meaningless to argue about the problems of the C-D road with players that hardly ever been there.

As a help, I'll use my previous statements to help you understand the difference between a constructive complaint and whining:

Constructive:  Why not use the arcade servers and make a post asking for collision physics or some event that can bring more players over?
Useless whining:  Go away you speeding troll.

Sure I'm an asshole and I'm rude, but I've given you suggestions for your complaint and so far you've just ignored anything you haven't liked.  So far you just want to be able to speed and crash around other players but you don't want to work towards a solution for that, you just want to change the rules on the simulation server to fit what you want.  

If you can't understand why the admins will not enable collisions to the arcade servers, i'm even starting to doubt that i'm talking with an adult. Let me explain that to you:

If the admins would enable collisions to the arcade servers, most of the players would transfer there. That means that there would be incoming reports in the same frequency as #EU2 before the speed limit. That would require the admins to pay attention to the arcade servers and thus their whole "Moving closer to simulation environment" would be a complete disaster. Also you would whine about how there are no players in the simulation servers thus you'd transfer to the arcade server aswell. And there you have it, the arcade server would be the new #EU2. 

So, i don't care if you're rude or an asshole but your suggestions/constructive complaints are useless and irrelevant otherwise they would have brought people in the simulation servers years ago. And that's the reason why i didn't bother replying on them

You are not paying to use TMP nor are you employed by them in any fashion, so whatever changes they make are theirs to decide.  You're the same as the entitled kids that demand I make them a mod or skin just because they feel like I owe them something.  If I make a truck mod, it doesn't matter what you want, it's my mod.  If I make a skin, same shit, it's MY skin.  TMP has made a multiplayer mod and in doing so IT'S THEIR MOD!  It's not yours, it's not the communities, it is theirs.  Big bold letters:  THEIRS.  

Constant whining and demands from entitled children are why I don't post any of my mods & skins on the internet anymore.  I can only imagine how the TMP team feels with the constant whining from people that just demand things all the time.

Ok first of all, the minute you get something to the public (game,mod or w/e) you're open to critisism. If you can't handle critisism then i'm afraid you're the special snowflake you keep talking about.

Secondly the word "demand" is in your imagination. Nobody demanded anything. Whining is all within the presence of this forum. If you can't take it when it comes to your work, then you really shouldn't post any mods either way. Because like i formentioned in my first post, my gaming experience was ruined and the game managers should know about it. They should know how a big chunk of their community feels like with the changes they made.

And before you say more stuff about how modders should not take on the whining and the demands of their community, you should learn that I am a senior coder for a big mod in Hearts Of Iron IV. I know what it means to work on something for free but unlike you, i can take critisism. And mods are nothing more but their communities. 

And I'm here expressing my thoughts to other players.  At no point have I ever created a topic just to whine and bitch that my wants aren't being catered too, I'll just come to your posts and bitch out entitled demands.  When one of you kids can come up with an actual constructive criticism argument I'm sure most of the adults would take you seriously. 

In conclusion, your whole  "I'll just come to your posts and bitch out entitled demands" attitude is meaningless. Like i said nobody is demanding anything, that's just your imagination. You have nothing constructive to say, you think that everyone who wants to lift the speed limit is a troll and you clearly have no clue how to solve any issue regarding the game. So please keep driving the way you drive inside the game, so i can overtake you and get my daily dose of fun.

One of the things you said in your posts is true though. This mod belongs to the TMP admins and they have the power to change the server rules. But they won't because like i said the enforcement of the speed limit has reduced their workload by a ton i would imagine. So here i am whining about the speed limit.

Edit: In no way i mean to show disrespect to the TMP game managers and their efforts about this mod. They probably maintain the servers with their own money and for that i highly respect them.

7 hours ago, BanneD_ said:

"Our drivers". It's your words but whatever.

I was refering to the drivers in those eastern European countries, not specifically yours.  Just because people can speak/type decently doesn't mean English is our first language nor does it mean that we're necessarily sober when typing our sentences.

Overtaking is not the biggest problem on the C-D road which you would have known if you've ever been there. Let me list you some of the problems that the C-D road has and the speed limit hasn't fixed and won't.  

• Trolls overtake from grass 
  • They somehow make their trucks going through other trucks and drive within huge traffic lines. Imagine the mess it creates. 
  • Players overtake huge traffic lines and cause more traffic cause they end up blocking someone from the other side. 
  • During overtakes, some players decide to ram/block the overtaking truck.

Also keep in mind that this rule you keep bringing up about overtaking is not absolute. You can overtake anyone you want as long as there are not 25+ players in your area. Somehow people think that overtaking is banned in country roads at all times. While the rule clearly states that overtaking is forbidden in areas with 25+ players. 

I love how everyone always assumes that we (sim players) have never driven C-D road.  Just because I try to avoid it like the plague doesn't mean I won't drive it with friends or sometimes end up in Western Germany and/or Eastern France.

You state overtaking isn't the biggest problem then list overtaking in three of your four examples, great choices to try and argue your point.
"While the rule clearly states that overtaking is forbidden in areas with 25+ players." I had not noticed that rule had been changed, it did ban overtaking entirely on C-D road at an earlier time.  However with the exception of playing in the middle of the night, there's almost always 25+ people on C-D road that would cause that rule to be in effect.  

But It's meaningless to argue about the problems of the C-D road with players that hardly ever been there.

I've been there plenty, but hey, whatever narrative helps your argument.  One of my most recent reports is from C-D road and also involves someone speeding and overtaking recklessly causing an accident between multiple people.  But I guess I'm the problem since I like to drive at 90 KPH and you kids need to constantly max out your speed regardless of what the limit is set too.

If you can't understand why the admins will not enable collisions to the arcade servers, i'm even starting to doubt that i'm talking with an adult. Let me explain that to you:

If the admins would enable collisions to the arcade servers, most of the players would transfer there. That means that there would be incoming reports in the same frequency as #EU2 before the speed limit. That would require the admins to pay attention to the arcade servers and thus their whole "Moving closer to simulation environment" would be a complete disaster. Also you would whine about how there are no players in the simulation servers thus you'd transfer to the arcade server aswell. And there you have it, the arcade server would be the new #EU2. 

You don't seem to understand that you're arguing against your previous points. 

So if the players left Sim1 and went to Arcade1, suddenly there's more reports than before?   (Somehow removing the speed limits from the sim servers wouldn't result in an increased number of reports in your mind)

The admins already pay attention to all servers already, just because there's an arcade server doesn't mean reports from there just go straight in the trash.

I played often on EU1, yet have never made a post whining that there were no players there.  I fail to see how the speeders leaving the sim server would negatively effect me.  The trolls and players that don't care will just swap servers and follow the player count leaving only those that actually want to be on the sim server.

8 hours ago, BanneD_ said:

Ok first of all, the minute you get something to the public (game,mod or w/e) you're open to critisism. If you can't handle critisism then i'm afraid you're the special snowflake you keep talking about.

Secondly the word "demand" is in your imagination. Nobody demanded anything. Whining is all within the presence of this forum. If you can't take it when it comes to your work, then you really shouldn't post any mods either way. Because like i formentioned in my first post, my gaming experience was ruined and the game managers should know about it. They should know how a big chunk of their community feels like with the changes they made.

LoL.  At what point did I say I couldn't take criticism?  If I release a skin on Steam or a modding site and some kid starts demanding that I make a skin for his truck, that's not criticism, that's being entitled. 

As for "demand", I'm generalizing my responses to you because I've had these arguments for years on the forums with you speeding kids.  Many of you don't understand how to make requests or to even voice a legitimate criticism, most of you will instantly just start whining about whatever it is you don't like.  How many of you are posting suggestions and discussing actual solutions compared to how many of you are crying that TMP is dead or the game is ruined?  You claim that any suggestion is useless as it wouldn't change anything from before, so why not actually try and discuss changes that could fix things instead of just demanding that the speed limits are removed from the sim servers.

8 hours ago, BanneD_ said:

And before you say more stuff about how modders should not take on the whining and the demands of their community, you should learn that I am a senior coder for a big mod in Hearts Of Iron IV. I know what it means to work on something for free but unlike you, i can take critisism. And mods are nothing more but their communities. 

If I'm releasing a mod for the community, sure.  If I'm just uploading a mod onto the steam workshop so my friends can use it, I don't owe the community jack shit. You seem to be confusing criticism with demands yourself, if I came and started posting that you need to port your HOI mod to another game, is that a criticism or a demand? 

Perhaps you should overhaul your mod and make it a total conversion Halo mod.  It's just a simple criticism, so you should be happy to do it. /s

You state overtaking isn't the biggest problem then list overtaking in three of your four examples, great choices to try and argue your point.

Sigh...Comparing an actual overtake with trolling is your problem. Because all three examples are trolling and proper overtaking has nothing to do with them. But that's the problem with this forum, you all assume that, just because we like to drive faster than you, we're trolls. You think that anyone who speeds will drive like a maniac and will cause accidents every 100 meters. Just because an idiot overtook you, while there were 10 incoming trucks from the other side, and you all ended up crashing that doesn't mean that anyone requesting the lift of the speed limit will act like that.

You don't seem to understand that you're arguing against your previous points. 

So if the players left Sim1 and went to Arcade1, suddenly there's more reports than before?   (Somehow removing the speed limits from the sim servers wouldn't result in an increased number of reports in your mind)

The admins already pay attention to all servers already, just because there's an arcade server doesn't mean reports from there just go straight in the trash.

I played often on EU1, yet have never made a post whining that there were no players there.  I fail to see how the speeders leaving the sim server would negatively effect me.  The trolls and players that don't care will just swap servers and follow the player count leaving only those that actually want to be on the sim server.

You do understand what no collisions mean, right? It means no collisions in the entire map. What's there to report? A ghost truck passing through you? Or someone violating a red light? I think the fine that you get in game is enough to punish this behavior. 

Do you understand that if they activate collisions, suddenly there will be incoming reports from this server because the server will be full and accidents will happen all the time? That will greatly increase the workload on the arcade server, and as a result the simulation server will be empty again as it was all this time.

I'm tired of trying to explain this to you.  If you can't understand why they deactivated collisions in the arcade servers feel free to ask a game manager. 

Plus I don't see how that contradicts my argument. You simply fail to get it. And someone even upvoted your answer...sigh

As for "demand", I'm generalizing my responses to you because I've had these arguments for years on the forums with you speeding kids.  Many of you don't understand how to make requests or to even voice a legitimate criticism, most of you will instantly just start whining about whatever it is you don't like.  How many of you are posting suggestions and discussing actual solutions compared to how many of you are crying that TMP is dead or the game is ruined?  You claim that any suggestion is useless as it wouldn't change anything from before, so why not actually try and discuss changes that could fix things instead of just demanding that the speed limits are removed from the sim servers.

There are no changes that can be made that will please those who want a simulation and those who want to drive without the game limiting their speed etc...The speed limit is the only change they can make to enforce an environment closer to simulation.

Because in the end of the day, they can either remove the speed limit or enable collisions in the arcade server. And i told you above why that won't happen. Because most of the players would rather play in a server with no limitations. That's a fact. 

You seem to be confusing criticism with demands yourself, if I came and started posting that you need to port your HOI mod to another game, is that a criticism or a demand? 

Perhaps you should overhaul your mod and make it a total conversion Halo mod.  It's just a simple criticism, so you should be happy to do it. /s

Actually, it's you who can't understand the difference between criticism and demand. If i judge a decision that affected my gameplay, that's criticism. In my posts, i never demanded to remove the speed limit. I said multiple times that it ruined my gaming experience. I said that a lot of players disprove it, but i never demanded to lift the speed limit. 

You fail to understand anything i'm saying. You talk for the sake of talking.

In conclusion, i didn't come here to argue with you. I'm convinced that there's no chance that you or anyone with your opinion will ever see from my perspective. There are people that can look both ways but you don't belong in that group. So please let me whine to the game managers in peace. And if you have anything else to say, re-read my posts and i guarantee you my answer will be there.

@BanneD_ Sorry, missed the icon, now it's the one I intended to use. "Upvoting" or "liking" posts is something I do when I don't see the need to contribute further. People will react to what they like (mainly because there's no "unlike" reactions here), surely you have received upvotes and likes. And I wouldn't disparage those who gave you positive reactions just because I don't agree with them. I find that childish.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@BanneD_ Sorry, missed the icon, now it's the one I intended to use. "Upvoting" or "liking" posts is something I do when I don't see the need to contribute further. People will react to what they like (mainly because there's no "unlike" reactions here), surely you have received upvotes and likes. And I wouldn't disparage those who gave you positive reactions just because I don't agree with them. I find that childish.

Didn't mean to offend you. I was just hoping that when somebody tells you something that doesn't make sense, there would be no support to it. Like suggesting to the TMP admins to add collisions in the arcade server. 

@BanneD_ It doesn't make sense to you, that doesn't mean that it can't make sense to other people. I suggested to change all servers to no-collisions. To many people, that suggestion doesn't make sense. Because they can't get the concept of a driving game without crashes. To others, it does make sense, because it would lower the number of trolls in TMP to almost zero and it would not change the way they drive now.

In case you didn't notice, it's those who want to speed the ones asking for collisions to be enabled in the arcade server. And most of their whining doesn't make sense to me. "We are forced to drive at 110 Km/h." But it's their choice... There are arcade servers where they can go faster, only they decide to not use them. "Driving without collisions is not realistic". Driving trucks at 170 Km/h on open roads is the least realistic thing that anyone can imagine (race trucks are limited at 160 Km/h in circuits). And most senseless thing to me: Why people keep playing a game they don't seem to like anymore. Someone asked "Did you stop playing because of trolls?" Well, I did stop. For months. Not because of trolls, they were the least of the problems. The main problem was that it had become almost impossible to finish a job without being rammed several times by people going full speed. The alternative was to switch to a server that meant empty roads most of the time. I, like anyone else, don't want to play a multiplayer game where I'm alone 90% of the time. That's why I used to play in EU#2, that's why many speeders play now in Simulation 1. When things got too much to bear, I stopped playing. And I suggested changes. Like this one:

Spoiler

08.08.2019-20.44.53

Maybe it's time that speeders followed my example and started suggesting things with reasons instead of whine all of the time about how bad TMP has become. Or follow my other example and play other games if they don't like TMP anymore.

Actually i said it doesn't make sense to add collisions to the arcade server because it will be basically the old #EU2 server with a different name. And people will migrate to that server, and the situation will be exactly as it was before the speed limit. So yeah to me that doesn't make sense to suggest to the TMP admins since it's a situation they're trying to avoid.

Believe it or not, i actually sympathise with you and i don't think it's fair for you not being able to enjoy the game. At the same time, the game's reached a point where i can't enjoy it.

Anyway the only suggestion that made sense to me, is when someone said to lift the speed limit in all DLC zones and keep it as it is in vanilla game. But i doubt that's going to happen and that's why i'm whining.

As a simulation-fan I really like the way TMP tries to get the people to play the game how they should. It is really sad that so many don't want do follow the road rules.

But I think the improvements already showed effect and I hope this will continue. Would be really happy if speed limits would be at 90km/h on SIM1 :)

7 hours ago, [WT] Bingo [CH] said:

As a simulation-fan I really like the way TMP tries to get the people to play the game how they should. It is really sad that so many don't want do follow the road rules.

But I think the improvements already showed effect and I hope this will continue. Would be really happy if speed limits would be at 90km/h on SIM1 :)

Unfortunately, there are people enraged by the last update. It seems to have stripped them of their right to "have fun", thinking they're playing a racing game. 

They have forgotten that the "S" in ETS2 and ATS stands for "Simulator". Perhaps... they did not even realize what it stood for, most hasn't played singleplayer, they can't endure traffic jams since they can't be speeding.

Personally, I always play realistic in any server, EU1 for example. This separate server is good for just pure simulation. 

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

On 2019/8/11 at PM4点15分, xenophobia said:

不幸的是,有人因上次更新而感到愤怒。它似乎剥夺了他们“玩得开心”的权利,认为他们正在玩赛车游戏。 

他们忘记了ETS2和ATS中的“S”代表“S 模拟器”也许......他们甚至没有意识到它代表什么,大多数人没有玩单人游戏,他们无法忍受交通堵塞,因为他们无法超速驾驶。

What is a simulator? You have conflicts in this statement. Since the simulator should be unlimited speed and collision, my friends and I don’t like speed limit (you will say to another server, we tried it very boring, you will say simulator 1 Many people play, we have no choice). The number of 5-20 people we will make a choice of speed to run 60-100 yards, not mandatory to launch restrictions and no collision - no speed limit does not collide, you also saw this update many players are not satisfied, they even close discuss. And I was hit by the player hundreds of times (not malicious). I didn't report it. I only reported it if I hit it a few times. The update accident is still much the same. The result of the report is changed from the previous three days. In 7-8 days, since it is a simulator, please restore the original server by simulator.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived