How do you see TMP updates to servers and rules?

[Chenxi/COO]*Sange

I think many people will be confused, and some people will feel happy about the TMP approaching the real simulation.

How do you think about the new server and rules?:P

Sange[CHN]

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a good thing for players who like real simulations. The new server limits the speed and makes some trolls unbreakable, giving the player a great gaming experience.
At the same time, it also opens up servers that do not limit speed. It allows players who like to drive to pursue speed more without worrying about collisions and affecting others.
I don't understand why I only need to use a trailer combination which is default within each game, I still want to play my "super long train" XD

Chinese  --- English     

At the beginning I am sorry for my English. As for me this update is not good. For players who like real simulation, can be good, but not everyone like this play style. I like to go fast with my friend, and we are really frustrated by this change. They are can made one real simulation server (2300 slots) and one more casual server (4200). 

I think that more people play casual and have the same approach as me and a friend, so casual server can have more slots. Greefers and trolls they will still be on the server despite the speed limit. 

Just now, Rykicz said:

At the beginning I am sorry for my English. As for me this update is not good. For players who like real simulation, can be good, but not everyone like this play style. I like to go fast with my friend, and we are really frustrated by this change. They are can made one real simulation server (2300 slots) and one more casual server (4200). 

I think that more people play casual and have the same approach as me and a friend, so casual server can have more slots. Greefers and trolls they will still be on the server despite the speed limit.  

I very much agree with you, but I am sorry that this has become a past tense.

Chinese  --- English     

4 minutes ago, Rykicz said:

But this is destroying game for casuals players. 

I hope that in the future,  can have a server similar to TMP5.

Chinese  --- English     

I like it because this game is meant to be played as a simulator and not nfs or gta and it's good truckersmp is making it like that now. 

9 minutes ago, Sange[CHN] said:

I hope that in the future,  can have a server similar to TMP5.

If we could have it maybe every 6-12 months at least that would be nice instead of just that 1 occasion.

limiting speed is not good at all, huge turn off for me. limiting speed just for sake of safety even in real world is just stupid IMO, idiot and bad people are everywhere, and they will always be an hindrance irrespective of what you teach them. limiting speeds just so that these bad drivers can feel at ease? is just pushing the idea, "that don't work hard to hone your skills cause it just doesn't matter cause we will limit it", and now you guys have gone and done it as well that too in a virtual environment..............oh well i hope that you guys allow collisions in the arcade servers at least, that way we, i mean drivers like me that like to show off their driving prowess can have a safe haven to do so......

thanks a ton thou, for all the glorious years of ETS 2 MP

EDIT : 1) just an idea, why not enforce realistic braking/stability/suspension effects from the game engine itself for realistic simulation, rather than limiting speeds?, cause enforcing that should make people brake more often in turns, rather than NFS that corner or turn, also IMO that adds more to simulation than speed limits.
2) i can see some might argue that map is not to scale etc etc, but this is a virtual environment and turns are their to affect, so if you want simulation really, enforcing similar physics of vehicles is more important than limiting speeds. speed should be at the discretion of the driver whether to abide by it or not, also while at it enforce fines too, that way it can act as detrimental action against speeders at the same time ensuring more realistic simulation?
well food for thought i suppose

21 minutes ago, APSingh said:

limiting speed is not good at all, huge turn off for me. limiting speed just for sake of safety even in real world is just stupid IMO, idiot and bad people are everywhere, and they will always be an hindrance irrespective of what you teach them. limiting speeds just so that these bad drivers can feel at ease? is just pushing the idea, "that don't work hard to hone your skills cause it just doesn't matter cause we will limit it", and now you guys have gone and done it as well that too in a virtual environment..............oh well i hope that you guys allow collisions in the arcade servers at least, that way we, i mean drivers like me that like to show off their driving prowess can have a safe haven to do so......

thanks a ton thou, for all the glorious years of ETS 2 MP

EDIT : 1) just an idea, why not enforce realistic braking/stability/suspension effects from the game engine itself for realistic simulation, rather than limiting speeds?, cause enforcing that should make people brake more often in turns, rather than NFS that corner or turn, also IMO that adds more to simulation than speed limits.
2) i can see some might argue that map is not to scale etc etc, but this is a virtual environment and turns are their to affect, so if you want simulation really, enforcing similar physics of vehicles is more important than limiting speeds. speed should be at the discretion of the driver whether to abide by it or not, also while at it enforce fines too, that way it can act as detrimental action against speeders at the same time ensuring more realistic simulation?
well food for thought i suppose 

Your idea is a good idea, but I think that is not what TMP should do, but SCS.

Chinese  --- English     

I love the new changes! I have been waiting for this for a long time. This is a simulation game and we have been drifting from that for a little too long. So i am happy we are now going back towards Simulation. And i feel like these rules are also made to lessen some of the work that we moderators have to do. The speed limiter will make people cause less problems i am sure, so that is gonna be nice. And i am sure there is gonna be people who dosent like the new changes. But there is always the Arcade servers to play on. And i am sure that after a little time most people will have gotten used to the changes anyway. Its like when ever facebook and other sites like that changes designs. People are always mad about it. But now no one can remember the old design any more. So i am sure everyone but the trolls will come to love the changes too :)

12 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

I love the new changes! I have been waiting for this for a long time. This is a simulation game and we have been drifting from that for a little too long. So i am happy we are now going back towards Simulation. And i feel like these rules are also made to lessen some of the work that we moderators have to do. The speed limiter will make people cause less problems i am sure, so that is gonna be nice. And i am sure there is gonna be people who dosent like the new changes. But there is always the Arcade servers to play on. And i am sure that after a little time most people will have gotten used to the changes anyway. Its like when ever facebook and other sites like that changes designs. People are always mad about it. But now no one can remember the old design any more. So i am sure everyone but the trolls will come to love the changes too :)

ok, but limiting speed only doesn't make sense imo, like you allow drivers to do a 40 degree turn at 100kmph with 22 t load, thats around 35 ish tons with 6x4 and 3 axle trailer without toppling over, but you guys dont allow higher speeds? what?

10 hours ago, Sange[CHN] said:

I think many people will be confused, and some people will feel happy about the TMP approaching the real simulation.

How do you think about the new server and rules?:P

Sange[CHN]

I think its great. The speedlimit is great addiction to the simulation servers, could be lower imo. Its a great start for more realistic MP. Its a start of something great. We will have to see how it will continue

2 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

I believe that more and more people will like this change.

Chinese  --- English     

I like most of the changes, especially the speed limits, but the "only standard trailer combos" rule should be relaxed a bit like allowing btriple because it is just a bit shorter than hct and imo looks nice. (I'm driving hct 99% of the time but i still like btriples)

btw ... there's a new way of trolling on c-d road already: going 60kmph because that's the speed limit :D

14 minutes ago, adisadicu said:

btw ... there's a new way of trolling on c-d road already: going 60kmph because that's the speed limit :D

This is exactly what we want to change... Following the speedlimits shouldn't be considered a way to troll, but a must, especially if we're refering to the simulation servers. This kind of mentality is what keeps the accidents happening (don't take me wrong, I'm not pointing at you by any mean) and what has led us to apply these changes. I've always followed the C-D road speedlimits, and I've never ever caused an accident myself... Perhaps the 60 kph speedlimit is there for a reason.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

1 hour ago, en_field said:

This is exactly what we want to change... Following the speedlimits shouldn't be considered a way to troll, but a must, especially if we're refering to the simulation servers. This kind of mentality is what keeps the accidents happening (don't take me wrong, I'm not pointing at you by any mean) and what has led us to apply these changes. I've always followed the C-D road speedlimits, and I've never ever caused an accident myself... Perhaps the 60 kph speedlimit is there for a reason.

Exactly.

I was watching speedy's admin stream and people.were reporting people who were sat at Red lights for blocking,  using the press enter to skip the coupling for cheating, doing the speed limit for trolling.  And one guy in a white scania run a red light and reported a skoda for hitting him when in fact the skoda had the green light 

Scania guy got a ban.  

Archived