Road to Simulation

Well first of all, the double trailer zone has been removed. Besides that, that serves no point. Arcade servers allow casual and silly driving. Sim servers are supposed to be for simulation. In the sim server people should be driving all around the map. Not just on the CD road or areas or surrounding spots. This is why something like this would never be implemented. 

• Like 1

Hi, could you do something with those personal cars? Or it seems normal for you to ride a car called Euro truck simulator in a personal car and even in MP where idiots are driving so much !!!! !! You want to do simulation servers and do not want personal cars with which idiots ride and deliberately break into you just to take you off !!!! During the week it is about the fourth time they took me like that and I'm starting to have enough, you will cancel it what was introduced and it worked. Did you keep it on full chaře.K What do you have reports there when nobody responds to them ????? !!!!! You should ask the community what they want and how it would be the best and no Doing it your way, realize that without a community, your MP is totally destroyed, you do it with a distinctive local derby.

6 hours ago, dacia1310 said:

the servers are full pretty much everyday, there are less reports being made on players.

no, simulation 2 is full everyday, and people are getting tired of making reports, made one like 6 days ago with a shit ton of proof, hasnt been responded yet but when i got reported last time i got banned in less than 24h

Trucker for like 6 years and still loving it, Drive All Day

1 hour ago, TeamDeer said:

Well first of all, the double trailer zone has been removed. Besides that, that serves no point. Arcade servers allow casual and silly driving. Sim servers are supposed to be for simulation. In the sim server people should be driving all around the map. Not just on the CD road or areas or surrounding spots. This is why something like this would never be implemented. 

The thing is, a speed reduction in the most populated part of the map would make a difference, especially if the rest of the map wasn’t limited or had a higher limiter, less traffic would drive down C-D meaning less issues, thus getting people to drive different roads, different routes etc.

Currently, all the changes have done is make doing long journeys (over 1200 miles) take much longer and more boring, yet pushed all the trolls, idiots and general bad driving into the more populated areas resulting it near double the carnage both on and off peak times. 

The simplest question is, what is a multiplayer?

Answer, the meeting of multiple people, that means multiple playstyles, multiple skill sets, multiple ideas on how to do things. Since the update, the game feels like a war zone with multiple playstyles and skill sets being steered into one playstyle, with spectacular, manic, results. 

Like me I said before, I’m all for pushing TMP in the direction of simulation, but having the attitude of, everyone who wants to do more than real speeds, you have, no collisions, no rules, no nothing, good luck, if you’re wanting to play like you’re driving a 40T truck in the real world, come on in, if you want to play in between both, eh go away we don’t want you. 

The thing is though that, what people should be doing is subject to the beliefs of a single person, in a multiplayer world, you have to adapt those beliefs to be fair to everyone, yes you have trolls and bad drivers, that’s part and parcel of a multiplayer world, but cutting out a huge section of players and their playstyle isn’t fair, especially as the changes have only made things worse.

To me, this update feels like what EU1 did back in 2015 where you had the limiter of 68MPH but it still didn’t stop the trolling, it didn’t stop Europoort from clogging up with traffic, it didn’t stop C-D becoming “hells highway”. It sucked back then and still sucks now. The system we had before was fair, you wanted to play realistically, you had a server, you wanted to play semi realistically, you had a server, you wanted to play like it’s forza, you had a server, the only reason EU2 is the same reason why SIM1 is popular nowadays, it’s where there’s the most people, the most traffic, the most feeling of actually driving in the real world, in reality you get accidents, you get bad drivers, so technically, that’s more sim like, more real world scenarios, just instead of cars, it’s trucks.

Honestly just add collisions to one arcade server and don't bother to moderate it. People who want a simulation with strict rules will go to simulation and those who want absolute chaos will stop bothering everyone in simulation and go to arcade. People who like simulation would be happy without the reckless drivers and the reckless drivers would be happy in a server without moderation to do as they please. The reason why reckless drivers don't go to the arcade server is because playing without collisions is simply boring and defeats the whole point of a multiplayer game.

31 minutes ago, z411 said:

Honestly just add collisions to one arcade server and don't bother to moderate it.

Basicly this! Make one of the arcade servers with collision and warn players that the server will not be moderate neither the reports from it will be view , simple , those who join agree with it then , no more reports for staff from there , simple

6 hours ago, Boomer8824 said:

Actually, it is important, you're just taking what you want from it to try and prove your points here

Important for what?

"No" means "no" and "yes" means "yes" on the clearly question if you agree to the speed limit of 110 km/h on the simulation server.

That will never changed.

Every suggestion to change the current system (i.e. speed limit only c-d-route) means that you do not agree to the speed limit. Otherwise there is no need to change, when you agree.

But ok. Then I will take the whole screenshot that I not try and prove my points here.

meanschanges.jpg

That is now a new situation.

There are 123 said "yes", and 117 said "no".

+26 want the limit only on C-D-Route.

+34 choose no, because now it`s going to take longer to travel through Europe.

+44 want the 110 km/h only on roads, 150 on highway.

+37 want 110 km/h on roads and 200 km/hon highway.

+10 want changes who wrote them in the comments.

Means: 31,3% agree with the speed limit - 68,19% do not agree or want some changes. The rest (0,51%) choose no opinion.

So, when anyone is saying "The majority like the changes" again, this screenshot say it all.

But wait. This question is multiple choice.

Means: The guy who said "yes" or "no" could also choose another option.

And this brings us back to what I said.

So you can see that it is not important, because every other option includes changes to the server/the current system - what means "not agree".

It is only important for the "yes"-voters who were using multiple choice and this would be very counterproductive for the Yes-voters.

• Business Analyst
12 hours ago, Boomer8824 said:

Actually, it is important, you're just taking what you want from it to try and prove your points here

5 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

meanschanges.jpg

That is now a new situation.

There are 123 said "yes", and 117 said "no".

+26 want the limit only on C-D-Route.

+34 choose no, because now it`s going to take longer to travel through Europe.

+44 want the 110 km/h only on roads, 150 on highway.

+37 want 110 km/h on roads and 200 km/hon highway.

+10 want changes who wrote them in the comments.

Means: 31,3% agree with the speed limit - 68,19% do not agree or want some changes. The rest (0,51%) choose no opinion.

So, when anyone is saying "The majority like the changes" again, this screenshot say it all.

Like @Hecki_Stafman said, this question was multiple choice, meaning that people were able to click multiple answers. Hence, it is statistically incorrect and worthless to add up percentages like that as the counts are likely not unique persons.

There are always people who will complain and they have the right to as being part of the community. But if we look at the stats of the servers, it is just business as usual (see below). So when people scream that they will leave or that TMP is now 'dead', that's just a scream for attention. In the end, most people will just play and adjust to the new situation.

https://imgur.com/lZFI1Gd

• True Story 3

For those who say there are less reports because of this update and the reports get viewed faster.

Stop supporting blindy a thing where it only improves %50. Try to see the bigger picture and get the thing done with %100 improvement. 

Or just keep being a good boy maybe you will be hired for the lazy team haha

Never gets old.

IMG_20190712_170501.jpg

3 hours ago, Jeronimeau said:

Like @Hecki_Stafman said, this question was multiple choice, meaning that people were able to click multiple answers. Hence, it is statistically incorrect and worthless to add up percentages like that as the counts are likely not unique persons.

There are always people who will complain and they have the right to as being part of the community. But if we look at the stats of the servers, it is just business as usual (see below). So when people scream that they will leave or that TMP is now 'dead', that's just a scream for attention. In the end, most people will just play and adjust to the new situation.

https://imgur.com/lZFI1Gd

"as the counts are likely not unique persons." how will you prove that? It is obvious that the votes are clear. Only side who want speed rule is staff members which are lazy to do their jobs(yes, they do and i got more than enough evidences.) And the players who are tired of getting hit- who just drive on realistic speeds while they were doing it on higher speed limit so no change for them. Rest of the community want a higher speed limit. Noone wants to spend 1 hour crossing whole europe. Not everyone is stupid, i have seen players drive with a mouse and not crash while steering wheel players did. Like the answer was on the vote, 110kmh on single lane roads and 160kmh on highways are pretty smart. That way it will be at least logical.

No matter what you do even if you force 50km/h people will still crash. And majority of a "group" insists on not understanding it.

It is funny to say "This is a simulation!" while driving with 90 km/h through a 60s zone o_O

But ok. The title said "ROAD TO Simulation". And we still have a long "Road" to go to simulation.

*edit* One interesting question: Why are always the stats going down between 15:00 and 16:00? What is this?

down.jpg

@Hecki_Stafman Speeders will speed no matter what the road's limits are, that's why they go 90 or 110 on 60 limited roads. And those who, like me, do the right thing and slow down to respect the limits, are called "blockers", "dangerous", "a hazard to others"... The road to simulation will be as long as players want it to be. To me, simulation has always been there. To others, it will never be.

And that "dent" on the graphics is completely normal on every internet related service. I used to work at a large international provider and traffic graphs were almost the same as those in TMP stats, lowest traffic during night hours, increasing towards midday, small dent (people having lunch or whatever), increasing again to peak time in the afternoon-evening (ISP see this as office-hours related) and again decreasing at night when users start "disconnecting" and going to sleep. Those graphics only show the evolution of data exchange, a normal game-day in Europe (which is where most players are from). Or at least, that's how I interpret them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

For those who say there are less reports because of this update and the reports get viewed faster.

Stop supporting blindy a thing where it only improves %50. Try to see the bigger picture and get the thing done with %100 improvement. 

Or just keep being a good boy maybe you will be hired for the lazy team haha

Never gets old.

You really dont make much sense im afraid.

This change has nothing to do with how staff handles reports or anything like that backend.

This change is about the fact that there are less reports being made and more people playing, both means that the change has had a POSITIVE impact on the Community.

Sure there are things that the team need to improve, and yeah, i wish i would be hired to help. 

But that doesnt take away the fact that the Community is heading in the right direction and all stats agree with it.

5 minutes ago, Molotoff_ said:

I propose to remove the speed limit in the Russian zone of the map. It doesn't work like that here)

But then we need to be able to simulate roadrage and being able to beat other drivers with baseball bats when they overtake you improperly ? :D

• Haha 1

Jimmy 'Arradin ' Stigsjöö

TruckersMP

se.gif - gb.gif

Facebook - Twitch - Youtube - Steam

" One Minute in Heaven "

6 minutes ago, Arradin said:

But that doesnt take away the fact that the Community is heading in the right direction and all stats agree with it.

Indeed.

right-direction.jpg

7 minutes ago, Arradin said:

But then we need to be able to simulate roadrage and being able to beat other drivers with baseball bats when they overtake you improperly ? :D

Road rage -- why not? But baseball bats went out of fashion in the late 90s, it is possible without them)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Arradin said:

You need to start being better at trolling dude, you're making a fool out of yourself.

Yes. It was a trolling post.

Let's check the stats again on 12th of august again for a better overview.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:41 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Was this really meant for me? Because, ahem...

Hide contents

07.10.2019-23.42.45

How could I dislike the changes? Or say that the change is bad? 

HAHA, nice how you suggested it & they don't credit you after doing it! Thats what i really hate about TMP! You suggest something & it gets done but without you knowing & you get sweet fa in terms of recognition or credit for suggesting it......smh 

1 hour ago, Arradin said:

This change has nothing to do with how staff handles reports or anything like that backend.

This change is about the fact that there are less reports being made 

Guess it really didnt make any diffrence since it takes more than a week for a report to be claimed

Staff say that reports are getting in a queue and since my report is 8 days old, i wonder what is happening in that queue? There is something fishy in here. People tell less reports are made but my report hasnt been claimed for 8 days? 

Seems like those facts are really not facts but only stories...

Also i want to remind you that this is when the update happened. Before the update my reports were getting viewed within 2 to 3 days. Now it is a fact that reports take longer than before which shows there are more reports made.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@ScaniaFan89 Honestly, I couldn't care less about credit, I'm just happy that my suggestion was considered as something that should be at least tried. I only mentioned it in this topic to make it clear that I can't be against the latest changes in any way.

You might not care but the fact remains, it was your idea originally...Do you remember how people used to suggest a trailer for the car which kept getting rejected, then a caravan showed up! 

• True Story 1

Completely ruined online mod! play at 110 km speed when THERE is no difference now between the cars. Just killed the game. Do not see any sense now to play, hopefully will have to make 2 server. Almost all friends scored on the game after a terrible update. If you wanted to enter your simulator, then you would enter it on other servers, without touching 2, where the majority always sat. The farther away, the fewer people will remain)))

• Upvote 2