Road to Simulation

14 hours ago, Baerenhaart said:

@Greenfox

We having 4 Fractions in this Discussion!

1. The Players who likes the Changing, which are the Majority!

2. The Players who not like the Changes, which is the 2nd large Group!

3. The Players who accept the Changes but not being happy with the No Collision on the Arcade Server and wanted 1 Arcade Server with Collision!

4. The "Players" who trying to provoke!

I counting myself to Fraction 1!

A question of the right interpretation:

majority.jpg

*edit: Added some "s" in the picture ;) Grammar and so on ....

A lot of people like and dislike things for all kinds of reasons. There doesn't have to be a clear line between like and dislike. I do not, not dislike this update. I don't think it is fair to say that you are "the majority", without anything to back that up. But I do not like it either. I find it so unecessary and that it doesn't do any good. It only upset players and it didn't help anything with the players who don't want to play ETS2 as a simulator game. They want to race, crash and cause havoc and they can still do just that with the changes we had, which, by the way, was just a rename of the servers, and a change on the speed limit and other minor limitations. 

The rules are too forgiving to these players who wants to ruin the gameplay of other simulator players, because they just keep coming back after a few days. Or they even have alternative accounts and just repeat it. Bans have to be more severe, they must be longer so these players actually go away from the simulator server. 

SHeDTix.png

6 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

A lot of people like and dislike things for all kinds of reasons. There doesn't have to be a clear line between like and dislike. I do not, not dislike this update. I don't think it is fair to say that you are "the majority", without anything to back that up. But I do not like it either. I find it so unecessary and that it doesn't do any good. It only upset players and it didn't help anything with the players who don't want to play ETS2 as a simulator game. They want to race, crash and cause havoc and they can still do just that with the changes we had, which, by the way, was just a rename of the servers, and a change on the speed limit and other minor limitations. 

The rules are too forgiving to these players who wants to ruin the gameplay of other simulator players, because they just keep coming back after a few days. Or they even have alternative accounts and just repeat it. Bans have to be more severe, they must be longer so these players actually go away from the simulator server. 

Problem is getting the balance right, you don't want to ban people who f up every so often the same way you ban a troll who constantly goes out of their way to ruin other peoples experiences....

9 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Problem is getting the balance right, you don't want to ban people who f up every so often the same way you ban a troll who constantly goes out of their way to ruin other peoples experiences....

Of course. There's a difference between a player who swerve between lanes, overtake without any regards to oncoming traffic, or even thinking ahead of what may be causing the traffic jam. And a player who may fail to yield once, not able to stop in time and such. Accidents happens. But when someone races through traffic, thinking they own the road, then that is not an accident. That is them intentionally crashing into other players. 

SHeDTix.png

On 7/27/2019 at 6:00 PM, Arradin said:

He said that TMP Staff doesnt listen, i simply say that its incorrect, i want to make sure that people understand that the staff very much listen.

Sure. They listen. But that's all.

Where is the problem to get one arcade-server without any speed limit and any collisions and one arcade-server with the old settings from #EU2 - 150 km/h and collisions?

Everyone would be happy.

The sim-drivers will have their server (the biggest one with 4200 slots and another one with 2500 slots), the drivers who want to drive faster with collisions will have their server (the one arcade-server with 2500 slots) and the guys who want to drive without any speed limit but also any collisions will have their server (the other arcade-server with 2500 slots).

There is only one reason why TMP do not take up our suggestion: they don't want to. They want to force everyone to the Sim-Server to drive like in real life - correct.

That most of us have done this before is not important to TMP. That most of us were driving correct on heavy traffic and faster without traffic is not important to TMP. How many of the guys who were written reports and edit the reporting-videos for hours got kicked or banned before?

*edit* In this moment ONE guy blocked the whole traffic in Calais. ONE guy blocked 50+ other drivers. ONE guy is responsible for ~25 new reports for this one situation.  I use this symbolicially: TMP punished the other 50 drivers with the server changes, while idiots continue doing stupid things.

idiot.jpg

They listen. But do not react. And this is the point TMP become very unsympathetic.
It would be fair to give this symbolic "50 fair drivers" a lower #EU2 (2500 slots).
Maybe there will be less idiots on the Sim-Server. ;)

@Hecki_Stafman And things like that never happened on EU#2 server, right? Or they would not happen on a server without speed limits, right? I don't get why some people still try to make it look like things are worse than before, when most players driving all around the map (instead of most of the time on the C-D road) can see that it's not true, that things have improved (globally speaking). And the only explanation? Lower speed limits, like it or not, because nothing else has changed. Players who used to go full speed losing control and crashing keep going full speed, but since they have to go slower, they don't crash as much as before. Players who used to follow the limits keep following the limits, but since the "speeders" have a better control, they (we) are not rammed so many times. That's why to many players, the result of the latest changes is "awesome".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Hecki_Stafman And things like that never happened on EU#2 server, right? Or they would not happen on a server without speed limits, right? I don't get why some people still try to make it look like things are worse than before, when most players driving all around the map (instead of most of the time on the C-D road) can see that it's not true, that things have improved (globally speaking). And the only explanation? Lower speed limits, like it or not, because nothing else has changed. Players who used to go full speed losing control and crashing keep going full speed, but since they have to go slower, they don't crash as much as before. Players who used to follow the limits keep following the limits, but since the "speeders" have a better control, they (we) are not rammed so many times. That's why to many players, the result of the latest changes is "awesome".

And you could get rammed less on #simulation 1, when there is an #EU2 light server (arcade with 2500 slots) and all the players who want to drive faster with collisions are on this arcade server.
Could be more awesome.  For everyone.

@Hecki_Stafman Not for everyone. There's players and there's game moderators. Two servers generating thousands of reports daily instead of one, would not be awesome for the GM team, I'd say. Or for the players who send reports and instead of a week, have to wait for a month to see their reports being solved. One arcade server with collisions would possibly make things a bit better in the Simulation server, but only by moving some of the "incidents" to a different server. Now the GMs have only 2 servers to monitor, they would have 3 servers to monitor if collisions are enabled in one arcade server. There would be more incidents and reports, not less. And less GMs in each server, obviously.

All of this is only my own view of things. In all honesty, I can't say if the number of reports has gone down with the changes, it's just a guess. But from my own experience, since the changes happened, MY number of reports has gone down drastically. Four reports in one month, playing daily and doing long distance jobs? That's something I could only dream about before.

@FernandoCR [ESP] tbh I've seen only 2 people getting banned while in-game (ON C-D), and maybe 3 other players getting kicked after this update. I don't know if they're doing their job properly when you still can't get through Duisburg Service's entrance because someone can't get a turn with a SINGLE TRAILER, and then 100 people are going to stay in a jam only because ONE game moderator won't kick him, even if everyone knows that area is most of the time a traffic jam. And now triples are banned. w0w. Wise choice. If they know they cannot do their job because "there are too many reports", then they can just leave the staff team and let other players join it that can really help to solve at least some of the chaos on the C-D road. In almost 2 years of driving on the same road, only ONE report got solved in front of my eyes. ONE REPORT IN 2 YEARS. That's not the way things should happen on a community like TMP. Or at least how they pretend to be, because, tbh, I've lost all of my hope when they've banned local mods only because one player abused it. Again, wise choice. Where were the game moderators when my friend got rammed while being on the edge of the road? Well, guess right. THEY WEREN'T THERE. But when he "blocked on purpose THE ENTIRE ROAD (when he was overturned on only a half of a LANE), they've banned him for 3 days and NOT the rammer, even if he got reported too. He was AFK 2 minutes, and in 2 minutes he got banned. Good job, TMP! One more time you've shown your "true potential", lol. There are still people that are getting their website reports solved in one month, so TMP still didn't solved nothing. Why? Because they're too incompetent to push a decent set of rules and select the most active and loyal players to be a game moderator. They could have reworked the punishment system already! But nooo... instead of that they have banned local mods, triple trailers and set global speed limit to 110km/h outside the cities and 60km/h in cities (maybe the only good thing they have done in a while, even if 80km/h was already a good choice). I still have some respect for some of the staff members, for example BL4CK$K1LL. But there's no need to talk about this, am I right? :) And last but not least, I've said this a hundred times already: if you want simulation, DON'T PLAY MP, EITHER IF IT'S TMP, IFMP OR HGVMP. If you want simulation, get some mods, launch singleplayer and you're good to go! You can't tell us to play Forza, NFS etc. etc. only because we want to drive with max speed, if you're still playing on TMP and still want some simulation (also, I've never seen any simulation game with the roads empty ;)). That doesn't make sense! Especially if you're forcing an already-speedy-community to drive from no limit to 150km/h to 110km/h. And don't tell me that there are arcade servers. THEY'RE USELESS. If it has no collisions, then the game is worthless imo. As an extra, there are still players on TMP only because they have NO OTHER CHOICE. Personally, I don't like to drive only with AI, it becomes boring if you're not the simulation-type player, and not only for me! The biggest hopes are in IFMP, and that KIKI will do a better job than any other TMP's executives.

Best Regards.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

@Odion I can't say about how reports are working now because I'm being lucky enough and haven't sent any for 3 weeks. But it's weird that you complain about TMP removing triple trailers and at the same time complain about people who can't turn with a single trailer... Removing triple trailers was done probably because nowhere in Europe they are allowed and because of the chaos that was being caused by those people who can't handle them. Another weird thing is how easily you tell others to go away from MP (play SP) when you don't want to be told to go away from MP (to Forza or NFS). You say that you don't like to drive only with AI, what makes you thing that this is not the same for others, even when they want to play in simulation style? I see all of this as quite selfish, honestly.

And TBH, I am wishing that IFMP or HGVMP get to launch their MP mods. People would spread, all three mods would need to improve constantly to keep their playerbase, there would be a lot less stress for everyone. Win-win situation.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Hecki_Stafman Not for everyone. There's players and there's game moderators. Two servers generating thousands of reports daily instead of one, would not be awesome for the GM team, I'd say. Or for the players who send reports and instead of a week, have to wait for a month to see their reports being solved. One arcade server with collisions would possibly make things a bit better in the Simulation server, but only by moving some of the "incidents" to a different server. Now the GMs have only 2 servers to monitor, they would have 3 servers to monitor if collisions are enabled in one arcade server. There would be more incidents and reports, not less. And less GMs in each server, obviously.

All of this is only my own view of things. In all honesty, I can't say if the number of reports has gone down with the changes, it's just a guess. But from my own experience, since the changes happened, MY number of reports has gone down drastically. Four reports in one month, playing daily and doing long distance jobs? That's something I could only dream about before.

o.O
You need exactly the same number of admins. They are just on other server:

GM-need.jpg

Currently most admins have to be on Sim1 because every idiot is there. On sim2 you need less admins. No Admins are needed on Arc1 and Arc2.
When there will be a 150km/h arcade server (#Arc1) the speedies from Sim1 and Sim2 are going to Arc1.
Sim2 will be emptier because sim1 will be emptier-> sim2 are going to sim1, you need less GMs on sim2 AND you need less admins on sim1 because most idiots and speedies are going to arc1. Sim1 will be quiet means less admin activities.
So you can change admins from sim2 to sim1 or arc1 and from sim1 to arc1.

You don't need more or less admins.

*edit* And when more players come back: Arc1 have only 2500 slots. They can only choose sim1 for alternative where admins can handle this or sim2 where admins can handle this.

2 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

o.O
You need exactly the same number of admins. They are just on other server:

GM-need.jpg

Currently most admins have to be on Sim1 because every idiot is there. On sim2 you need less admins. No Admins are needed on Arc1 and Arc2.
When there will be a 150km/h arcade server (#Arc1) the speedies from Sim1 and Sim2 are going to Arc1.
Sim2 will be emptier because sim1 will be emptier-> sim2 are going to sim1, you need less GMs on sim2 AND you need less admins on sim1 because most idiots and speedies are going to arc1. Sim1 will be quiet means less admin activities.
So you can change admins from sim2 to sim1 or arc1 and from sim1 to arc1.

You don't need more or less admins.

*edit* And when more players come back: Arc1 have only 2500 slots. They can only choose sim1 for alternative where admins can handle this or sim2 where admins can handle this.

However, you neglect the management on ATS servers, and you need game moderators on both ATS simulation servers! Although they are not very active!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Greenfox said:

Disable collissions for players who have an account on TruckersMP for less than 2 years. Or kicks or bans in the last 6 months.

That's a perfect idea.

Why didn't I come up with this myself?

5 hours ago, Greenfox said:

Disable collissions for players who have an account on TruckersMP for less than 2 years. Or kicks or bans in the last 6 months.

If a player got kicked or banned its because of a reason.  But disabling the collision on the simulations server would be pretty useless for a simulation server  not everyone on TMP are trolls :)

5 hours ago, Greenfox said:

So some players would be all of the time no-collision and others wouldn't? No one wants to use the arcade servers, where all players are no-collision and you suggest to make a "mix" of collision and no-collision in the same server? Recipe for chaos. Unless those players in ghost mode were also made semi-transparent or anything else that would make them stand out so others would know that they are no-collision. Not sure if this is doable. And still, there would be a lot of "driving-through", which is what people dislikes about the arcade servers, isn't it? Why would they accept it in the simulation server? Besides, those players in no-collision mode would be free from following many of the rules, since they can't ram or block others, right? I don't see something like this working. But hey, feel free to send a suggestion if you really think that it's a good idea.

• Upvote 1