Road to Simulation

45 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

In fact, I found an easier way to solve the trolls problem...

Yep. Make all servers no-collisions. No-collisions means no blocking, no ramming, nothing for trolls to do. So if a majority of the playerbase wants the trolls problem to go away, they should support that suggestion. But I guess that almost no one will. Because in the end, lots of players just want "Idiots on the road" and that's almost impossible without collisions (almost, because the arcade servers would still have lots of bad drivers crashing by themselves due to speeding over their own skills, these would make it possible for a different approach to the "Idiots on the road" videos). But it seems that many of those speeding fans don't want to drive without collisions, which makes me think that they don't really care about trolls.

driving without collision makes no sense because it will kill the simulation itself, so realism needs collision, thats the reason why arcade servers is almost empty

@THEREALDETONATOR It would kill trolls, isn't that what we all want? Insisting on the "simulation" or "realistic" excuse for having collisions while at the same time asking to be able to drive trucks at 150-170 Km/h is ridiculous. Simulation means trying to do things as in reality, and in reality trucks don't go that fast. Why would players be unable to simulate if collisions were disabled? The only answer I can think of is: Because they wouldn't want to. But they could do it, same as with collisions enabled, it's just a matter of will.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

805/5000

I have a few things to say about the new changes:

To start with, I am happy with the new Simulation Servers.
I personally think the maximum speed is too high and gives too many options for the wannabee courours.
The trolls have unfortunately not gone away but I have been saved a few times by Moderators.
I don't know exactly where trolls exist but my suspicion is that they are children, or frustrated males, or people who have something to compensate for.

Quite sad types so as far as I'm concerned.

Why not a variant where you paid a deposit or paid for a session. In addition, good registration with, for example, a deposit.

As soon as something costs money you immediately get differences.

I think a lot of people have no problem paying for Simulation.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, ClooneyClown said:

805/5000

I have a few things to say about the new changes:

To start with, I am happy with the new Simulation Servers.
I personally think the maximum speed is too high and gives too many options for the wannabee courours.
The trolls have unfortunately not gone away but I have been saved a few times by Moderators.
I don't know exactly where trolls exist but my suspicion is that they are children, or frustrated males, or people who have something to compensate for.

Quite sad types so as far as I'm concerned.

Why not a variant where you paid a deposit or paid for a session. In addition, good registration with, for example, a deposit.

68mph is reasonable as much as i like speed....sure it was fun going 93mph but not when you found a corner! TMP will never offer paid membership because SCS would wipe the floor with them in court ( its free for a reason ). If you really want to throw money at something you could be banned from there is the Donate button! As for trolls, while they could be those you stated its more likely they are just idiots who simply don't care about anyone else in the games but themselves! 

If you really think the speed is too high, why not turn the in game speed limiter on? 

• True Story 3

Speed limit aint gonna fix all the reports and issues etc , i did pass 3 times since this rule apply on C-D road and its worse then ever , why? simple , people try to overtake , and since the speed is limit to 110 , but with or without speed limit it will continue that way , theres no way to fix it unless take the collision from all server or simple ignore the resquest or reports from high speed players

TruckersMP staff are very rude to all of the drivers in game. They never talk to the community in a nice way. Even if they have stuff to do, they can still have time to talk to the community. They blantly refuse to do that. I got banned for 2 days because I was trying to brake during an accident and I was going very slow but my truck didn't make a full stop. Yet I got banned for 2 days. They are going to give the same scripted statement without reading my letter on why I got banned. With the road to simulation, you should give updates to your staff members. Make them talk and give reasoning to things. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1

12 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@THEREALDETONATOR It would kill trolls, isn't that what we all want? Insisting on the "simulation" or "realistic" excuse for having collisions while at the same time asking to be able to drive trucks at 150-170 Km/h is ridiculous. Simulation means trying to do things as in reality, and in reality trucks don't go that fast. Why would players be unable to simulate if collisions were disabled? The only answer I can think of is: Because they wouldn't want to. But they could do it, same as with collisions enabled, it's just a matter of will.

@FernandoCR [ESP]i don't think they will want to make ncz on all servers just look on arcade 1 without collisions and its empty why do u think that is?..

if they will apply for collisions on arcade 1 u will see that in time most of the players will go on one of the arcade servers ... by nature we don't like to be controlled i mean us humans... 

i would support that ideea tobe all servers ncz because in that manner everyone wouldn't have nothing to comment i think...

maybe they will ask for collisions but just that.

21 hours ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

maybe the reason why there are more crashes in that area is the speed limit? it doesnt matter where you are. if you are going at 110km/h and someone wants to overtake you, when you slow down at a turn they will either cut you off or ram you just because you didnt give way to them. cars couldnt speed up as a volvo 750 or streamline 730hp with 4500 allison R transmission, now they are stuck with 110km/h making more accidents. i guess your brilliant next step will be removing cars? just saying you cant cure a cancer by taking a part of it away that is spread. many of you still dont get it or just ignoring the fact. 

and still the fact that there are more reports being made before the updates is here. many people confirmed this in this thread including me. now web reports take more than 7 days to get viewed while this time was 2-3 days before the update.  now you can see how effective this new rules are. you cant force simulation on a game where people play for fun. this is not like xplane or fsx. if you really want to have simulation and enhance trucking, why not add realistic physics, ai, and set speed limit according to the minimap saying what the truck speed limits are? that way you would get the simulation you want by turning players into puppets. 

to be honest i dont really give a thing about updated rules, max speed limit is 110km/h? i drive at 40. people cant overtake us because we are 7 friends driving together all the time. now according to each countries min speed limit we can go around 40-50 minimum. now this causes traffic but it is not useless as we are going at our destination to finish our jobs, people try to overtake and then fails following with a crash and accident and this is not our fault. that way you can see how a simulation and enhancement can be like.

sometimes it is not the best option to do the right thing. ets 2 is a simulation game but people drive for fun, if they wanted simulation they could play in singleplayer but they play with their friends, drive for fun and enjoy their time. 

i was driving triples and never crashed a single time, could make tight turns. and i see many people just cant turn with a single trailer and they get stuck. now why did you block me from having fun of driving triples with my friends?

people ram other people more often because they cant speed up to overtake a lagging guy?

you just made tmp worse.

I fully agree, since the update I will play only to drive 20km/h with friends, wanna over take? we make it hard for you, why overtaking? no rush dude ;) TMP is dead, we all wait for Infinite Truckers 

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 4

It looks like the responsible members who decited the rules don't even have a driver license. lmao

To be honest... I really hope that SCS will release a multiplayer for their own Euro Truck Simulator 3 game. Because I have enough and many players in this community have enough of this incompetent type of admins and rule makers who don't even apparently know and obey the real traffic rules. On one side they want to make the game more realistic in terms of rules and gameplay experiance and on the other hand they don't even realise that they destroying the community which is one reason why many players refuse to play this multiplayer mod again. 

Another negative point in this discussion is that many admins, support managers, admin game moderators and leaders of the team are spoiled by theirself and they treating the normal members of the community like trash... they ignoring important feedback and critics and they refuse any assistance to improve the overall game experiance... the feedback option is pretty much useless. They just read your concerns and say "bye bye" and that's all. 

You know... this is not the way to go..

I'm now on the side of the players and clearly against ignorant and incompetent admins. They break so many rules so many times it's insane. 

We should come and ban every single one of them who are not on the side of the community. They are supposed to serve the communty... instead they ignoring them.

That's a crime and an attack against the loyal community.

Please use the hashtag #freeTMPcommunity

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1

For me TMP is done with it. I have always been a serious player, even if 150 km / h is not the reality, it has been absolutely fine. Why can not you just keep the Europe2 server like that and just make a new server enthusiastic for the simulation?

Unfortunately, ETS2 has become unplayable for me. Have a nice day.

• Like 2
  • True Story 1

2 hours ago, dacia1310 said:

i don't think they will want to make ncz on all servers just look on arcade 1 without collisions and its empty why do u think that is?..

Clearly because most players are more interested in crashing than in speed. But if all servers were the same (no collisions), the players would no longer have the stupid excuse "They force us to go at 110 Km/h" and could switch to the arcade servers since there would be no difference regarding crashes, players in all servers would only be able to crash with static objects, so no reason to be speed limited if they don't want to. The playerbase would spread among all servers depending only on their speed preferences and trolls would have nothing to do. Both Simulation and Arcade would have it better, in Simulation there would be less people going full speed all of the time and on all roads (and those who decided to stay in Simulation 1 would be harmless for others), in Arcade there would be more people, so more appeal to play there, they would be able to go as fast as desired and still not be trolled or destroyed by bad drivers. Reports would go down drastically, since ramming, blocking, reckless driving, wrong way, etc. would make no sense anymore. The way I see it, it's a win-win for everyone.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Clearly because most players are more interested in crashing than in speed. But if all servers were the same (no collisions), the players would no longer have the stupid excuse "They force us to go at 110 Km/h" and could switch to the arcade servers since there would be no difference regarding crashes, players in all servers would only be able to crash with static objects, so no reason to be speed limited if they don't want to. The playerbase would spread among all servers depending only on their speed preferences and trolls would have nothing to do. Both Simulation and Arcade would have it better, in Simulation there would be less people going full speed all of the time and on all roads (and those who decided to stay in Simulation 1 would be harmless for others), in Arcade there would be more people, so more appeal to play there, they would be able to go as fast as desired and still not be trolled or destroyed by bad drivers. Reports would go down drastically, since ramming, blocking, reckless driving, wrong way, etc. would make no sense anymore. The way I see it, it's a win-win for everyone.

if they do this, i don't know how it will be, or maybe i know because it would be second time when we would have ncz everywhere if u remember in the end of 2014 and begining of 2015 it was ncz everywhere, but at that time it was because they worked on ncz inside the companies and so on ... but in our case i think it will be diffrent and all of the players will scream " we want collisions and so on...

i think the players will not take this so ez :) 

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

22 hours ago, Greenfox said:

It looks like the responsible members who decited the rules don't even have a driver license. lmao

To be honest... I really hope that SCS will release a multiplayer for their own Euro Truck Simulator 3 game. Because I have enough and many players in this community have enough of this incompetent type of admins and rule makers who don't even apparently know and obey the real traffic rules. On one side they want to make the game more realistic in terms of rules and gameplay experiance and on the other hand they don't even realise that they destroying the community which is one reason why many players refuse to play this multiplayer mod again. 

Another negative point in this discussion is that many admins, support managers, admin game moderators and leaders of the team are spoiled by theirself and they treating the normal members of the community like trash... they ignoring important feedback and critics and they refuse any assistance to improve the overall game experiance... the feedback option is pretty much useless. They just read your concerns and say "bye bye" and that's all. 

You know... this is not the way to go..

I'm now on the side of the players and clearly against ignorant and incompetent admins. They break so many rules so many times it's insane. 

We should come and ban every single one of them who are not on the side of the community. They are supposed to serve the communty... instead they ignoring them.

That's a crime and an attack against the loyal community.

Please use the hashtag #freeTMPcommunity

@arradin tell us why are u so confused?.... 

As a person that drives skoda all the time i dont see the problem with the speedlimit and forcing more of a simulation in the servers. What bothers me is how it was done, no communication with community, no poll if thats a good idea, if i recall correctly same thing happened with the /fix command, it was changed so many times without asking the community. EU#2 was filled with people, drivers that wanted simulation so hard got their EU#1, why making two servers that are the same ? Why making 2 servers with no collision when it peeks at what? most 200 ? The decision seems against the players that enjoyed the game driving casually and is favoured on a side for people that wanted simulation, but were upset about low amount people on EU#1. About trolls thing, you cant fix that issue other than banning, the lower speed limit will only help them blocking intersections and railways. If someone really wants to mess with other players, he will do it. Really seems like it divided our community into half and that should never happen. #EndRant

• Like 1

@Greenfox: Why you "thinking" that TMP is against the Community? It sounds to me that all Players bought Euro Truck Simulator, German Truck Simulator, Austrian Truck Simulator, UK Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator just for reckless driving and crashing purposes!

And the Modding Community creating all his Mods about Trucks, Maps, Trailers, Accessiorys, Sound Modifakations and so on, only to gave the Player a more "realistic" Crashing Experience.  There are just 2 Communitys! One, which is interested in Trucking Simulation and full of enthusiastic Players who making Mods to bring more Realism to the Game, than it have by default. And guess what, TMP is a Mod!

There is another Community that is only interested to Racing around the Map, sorry only on a small part of the Map,  with their Mates and the Thrill of a possible Crash! Some can handle the Truck at Highspeed, many can´t control the Truck even at 6 kph! Some taking care for other Players and respecting the Ones who playing this Game serious and many giving a "shit" about their personal Environment around them.

And there are just Trolls, as Cherry on the Top!

Not all Players of both "Communitys" having a Driving License, but that  is not the Problem. There are 8 - 13 Years old Childs who are playing this Game and TMP serious and being more Adult than some 20 - 40 Years old Players! The physical Age doesnt matter, the mental Age and social Skills counting!

You say, you are on the Players Side. I am a Player and i am not convinced that you are on my Side. I am more convinced that you are more on your Side and having you own reasons why you writing bullshit like this:

"Another negative point in this discussion is that many admins, support managers, admin game moderators and leaders of the team are spoiled by theirself and they treating the normal members of the community like trash... they ignoring important feedback and critics and they refuse any assistance to improve the overall game experiance... the feedback option is pretty much useless. They just read your concerns and say "bye bye" and that's all. "

I am with you, if  you saying that the TMP Staff is not perfect, but to be honest, we are not living in a perfect world and this world is full of not perfect Humans. And even the TMP Staff having a lot to learn how to handle the Things and how to Speak and reacting to other People and other Issues. It is a learning process that every one need to make!

TMP is not "destroying" any Game Experience, TMP creating his own Game Experience. And the "Game Experience" that you can see on many "Idiots on the Road" Compilations and at Duisburg, Calais, Brussel, Lille etc. and "THE ROAD" between them is a special Game Experience that have not much to do with the Game Experience that TMP wants. Its just that simple!

52 minutes ago, SandDigger said:

About trolls thing, you cant fix that issue other than banning, the lower speed limit will only help them blocking intersections and railways. If someone really wants to mess with other players, he will do it. Really seems like it divided our community into half and that should never happen. #EndRant

What would you call whoever enters a truck driving simulation game to NOT drive trucks? Or whoever believes that his "solution" is the only one? Have you even bothered reading the effects that no-collisions would have, regarding trolls? Have you considered that trolls would be unable to mess with others in a no-collision environment? How many trolls do you think that are using the arcade servers? Maybe you should start thinking before calling names that can bounce back. You are so smart, send your own suggestion with the solution for trolls. Oh, wait... You already did... Banning. Because that is working soooo fine now. BTW, the community has always been divided: Those who respect others, those who don't. You seem to have chosen your group already.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

What would you call whoever enters a truck driving simulation game to NOT drive trucks? Or whoever believes that his "solution" is the only one? Have you even bothered reading the effects that no-collisions would have, regarding trolls? Have you considered that trolls would be unable to mess with others in a no-collision environment? How many trolls do you think that are using the arcade servers? Maybe you should start thinking before calling names that can bounce back. You are so smart, send your own suggestion with the solution for trolls. Oh, wait... You already did... Banning. Because that is working soooo fine now. BTW, the community has always been divided: Those who respect others, those who don't. You seem to have chosen your group already.

Have you tried to think what would a SIMULATION GAME centered about driving a truck with no AI with NO CLOLLISION had to do with actual simulation ? Seems pointless to me.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SandDigger said:

Have you tried to think what would a SIMULATION GAME centered about driving a truck with no AI with NO CLOLLISION had to do with actual simulation ? Seems pointless to me.

Watch this Videos, then you will have the basic knowledge, why a 4200 slot Server having no AI Traffic and why, as Example, GTA5 having several Lobbys, Each with a small Number of Players or Games like BF only havin 64 Slot Server mostly!

@SandDigger That sounds true. But simulation is not just about what the game provides, it's about how players decide to play. If the Simulation servers were made no-collisions, I wouldn't change the way I drive now, I'd keep following the speed limits, stopping at red lights, yielding when others have the priority, avoiding crashes with other vehicles (even when they would be impossible). And I think that other players would do the same thing. Now, "reversing" your question a bit: Have you tried to think what a no-speed-limits, collision enabled server would have to do with simulation? I think that it would be a lot more like Wreckest only with lots of trucks.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, ClooneyClown said:

That would most probably end up with TMP being sued by SCS for making money with their game.

6 minutes ago, Baerenhaart said:

This "Experiment" runs for +2 Years. The result is this Discussion now! ;)

Hm... I dont think so if both have exactly the same. Right now are just 2 separated servers but nothing diferent between them.

The experiment is to see what server will have more players just due the Speed Limit ;) 

Following the Polls and players posts... SIMUATION 1 and 2 should exchange their players (in theory more people want to keep 110km/h limit), lets see what happens if that limit is only in SIMULATION 2. Easy :D 

• Like 1