Road to Simulation

@TheDuckThatFloats, @FernandoCR [ESP] Guys this isn't going anywhere & its just gonna end up getting you both in trouble! But sadly parts are true, it has brought more chaos to the areas & lets be honest, those areas are why they change happened....I just hope they don't revert the " zone " back in! The reason the trolls are on the sim servers is because they want to block & they cant on the arcade because its ncz ( they want to speed & hit people ). I know from experience that if you drive too fast with certain trailers you will end up jacknifing into a barrier from the stability fighting back ( DAF XF E6 is a fine example ) & even slowing down i.e for a crash can cause it to happen! Fact is as much as i like speeding even i know its unrealistic. This happened at 48 Mph, now imagine if it was at 93 Mph......

49 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

This is what you said: "and not let anyone pass". Now you change to a version where people can pass... And they'll try. You are saying that you'll do exactly what so many people (like you, probably) complained about when the limit was 150 or when there was no speed limit: Players who go slow and make it difficult to overtake. Congratulations, you showed yourself for what you really are.

Just for the record: I will never be bothered by what you describe, I find slower vehicles and I just slow down and drive behind them, WoT advantages, they give plenty of time to deliver. It's those who drive like you usually do (as fast as they can) who will be bothered. They are the ones who will try to overtake, who will probably cause "accidents", who will be reported and banned. So, thank you, you'll be doing me and many others a favor by getting those reckless drivers away from the servers :troll:

yeah also you showed how really you are. from the start of this thread i stated many facts that were deleted by staff, many people saw it and it is enough for me. yes i said not let anyone pass. it means i will go as slow as possible with legal traffic limits with my friends and we will just go slow the entire road and people wont be able to overtake. i wouldnt expect this from an old member like you but meh guess fanboys are just fanboys nowadays.

17 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

@TheDuckThatFloats, @FernandoCR [ESP] Guys this isn't going anywhere & its just gonna end up getting you both in trouble! But sadly parts are true, it has brought more chaos to the areas & lets be honest, those areas are why they change happened....I just hope they don't revert the " zone " back in! The reason the trolls are on the sim servers is because they want to block & they cant on the arcade because its ncz ( they want to speed & hit people ). I know from experience that if you drive too fast with certain trailers you will end up jacknifing into a barrier from the stability fighting back ( DAF XF E6 is a fine example ) & even slowing down i.e for a crash can cause it to happen! Fact is as much as i like speeding even i know its unrealistic. This happened at 48 Mph, now imagine if it was at 93 Mph......

driving slow at legal limits will not get me in trouble as tmp wants realism. i can go at 40 50 depending on the country im driving at if someone tries to overtake and crashes it is not my fault cause im driving slow, it is tmp's fault that they want realism. i aint going to drive over 50 with a heavy cargo like wirtiger or the train vagon

21 minutes ago, TheDuckThatFloats said:

yes i said not let anyone pass. it means i will go as slow as possible with legal traffic limits with my friends and we will just go slow the entire road and people wont be able to overtake

So you will play, knowingly and willingly, with the only goal to annoy other players. You know how people who do this kind of stuff are called, I hope. That's what I was referring to when I said that you are showing who you really are. And I'm seeing that @ScaniaFan89is right, this is not taking us anywhere and it can only escalate, so I'm out. Do as you like, I'll do as I like, all happy.

• Confused 1

ok so I just realised the non-limited servers have no collisions, wheres the fun now of trying to avoid accidents at high speed for the arcade players? can we at least get 1 server that is delimited and has collisions, call it an anarchy server if you want. again I feel like the devs have always been simulation players that don't understand their own playerbase, this is further evidence of this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Joss0 said:

ok so I just realised the non-limited servers have no collisions, wheres the fun now of trying to avoid accidents at high speed for the arcade players? can we at least get 1 server that is delimited and has collisions, call it an anarchy server if you want. again I feel like the devs have always been simulation players that don't understand their own playerbase, this is further evidence of this.

So basically you want to hit people for " fun ", no thanks! Thats literally what you just said, its a truck sim not a bloody demo derby!!! 

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Definitely, not me. This year, I haven't driven on that road, 100% sure. I'd say that I didn't drive on it during all 2018, but I'm not certain about that. And I've been completely away from TMP since April 5th until July 1st.

Not argueing, black is black. Overspeeding is reckless, in the game and IRL, unless you are playing SP where there's no chance of hitting other players. Driving on the grass is usually due to a traffic jam that "needs to be" avoided (reckless, because traffic jams are supposed to be dealt with by waiting), overtaking with oncoming traffic is reckless, no matter what color or label you want to put in it. And invading the other way of the road (I meant this on single lane per way roads, sorry if I explained it badly) is reckless because someone can be coming as fast as the invading one and that's a sure "accident" scenario. Bad controlling methods are no excuse, I used to drive with a cheap controller and that's precisely when I "learnt" to drive by the speed limits or slower. It was the only way for me to keep my truck always where it had to be. "I drive with keys and mouse", that's fine, so drive slow enough to maintain your vehicle within its lane. Simple. All these situations are avoidable just by willing. But many players just don't bother, because "It's just a game", and then, "Unfair ban", "Admin abuse", etc. And I know lag and desync, I'd never report a player who hit me because of any of those, but when you see the brake lights of the truck ahead shining, that's not lag or desync. "Sorry" takes less than 3 seconds and lots of players use it, many of them continuously, so even "Sorry" does not save them from being reported. But it can help in most other situations.

Finally, yes multiple ideas, personalities, styles, ages, but only 1 set of rules which every player has agreed to follow before playing. So it's up to each idea, personality, style or age to follow the rules or not. They follow it, good, no problem, they don't, they should know that they can be reported and banned, so if they don't like MP rules, there's only one solution, like it or not... Single Player. To those people who only see TMP as another game where they can do as they want, I say: Stop being selfish, share the road with your fellow trucker whether they share your driving style or not, it’s a MULTIPLAYER game after all. 

Well then I would check your passwords because someone with your exact name drove down C-D about 2 months ago. 

Overspeeding, or more commonly know as, speeding, isn’t reckless, sure it can be constipated if the person driving said vehicle does not know or understand the limitations of both themselves or the vehicle they are in control of, personally, I’m comfortable driving a truck in a video game at 80MPH, depending on road conditions, traffic and what road etc, that does NOT make me a reckless driver, I still stop before hitting someone, slow down for turns, respect other drivers at all times and keep full control of my vehicle. I would agree someone who is speeding who clearly does not have the confidence or knowledge to maintain control at such speeds could be considered a reckless driver or just inexperienced, there is only one way to learn your own limitations and that is to find out the hard way.

again, there are multiple scenarios with multiple outcomes, someone who is overtaking a traffic jam on the grass, at speed, is dangerous, but someone who either is avoiding an accident or got pushed off the road and is continuing off-road, you consider that “reckless”? 

The thing is, saying, oh “ this is reckless” is just a cop out, just because YOU won’t do it or don’t feel comfortable in that situation, doesn’t make it reckless, I stand by the rule that if the traffic approaching the opposite direction has to either move over or slam the brakes, then it’s dangerous, but if the pass is made without such actions, then it’s safe, what makes overtaking harder is that most drivers don’t respect the overtaking party, for example, if I’m going slow due to load weight or because I want to just cruise, yet someone wants to pass, I’ll look in my passenger mirror (because I only drive RHD) and if I see them passing, I will move over, let off the throttle and give them enough room to safely without causing a wreck or anyone to have to swerve.

why should people be singled out just because they don’t use a wheel or a perfectly setup controller? Don’t you think that’s being unfair to people? sure they could drive slow, but then there chances of being rammed by an impatient *bleep* goes up, it’s almost as bad as saying, oh if you want to learn how to drive properly in MP, play SP for a year first or spend money you may not have on a wheel so that you can “control your vehicle”, I know a lot of really good drivers in TMP who drive fast AND use a keyboard and mouse to drive.

I knew you would bring up “brake lights” as an excuse, someone can still desync while their brake lights are on, you should know that, right? besides, as a respectful driver, if someone is overtaking you, the courteous thing to do is to back off and give both them and you enough room to avoid and issues that can arise. Now, I’m not saying that every overtaking vehicle is without fault or has no malicious intent, there are quite a few people who enjoy brake checking people for no reason, I’m just saying that saying that the majority of times are cases of reckless behaviours is a bad viewpoint to have.

The thing is, yes there are rules in TMP, everyone knows that, in fact the VAST majority of people follow said rules to the best of their abilities, not everyone is perfect or has reflexes that are nano second fast, accidents do happen, you can’t turn around and say that every single incident that happens deserves a ban, not only is that unfair on other players, but it’s not fair on the staff who have to sift through the torrent of reports and decide what reports are genuine cases of people ignoring rules and what’s just a literal accident, because at the end of the day, accidents DO happen. 

The thing is, that’s what TMP is, a GAME, people should NOT have to be carbon copies of the person next to them, they SHOULD be allowed to do what they want, how they want, yes there are rules, but those rules do not dictate that every player must do an exact thing in an exact way, no ifs, ands or buts, it’s one way or perms ban, multiplayer means multiple players, meaning multiple ways to approach a situation, as long as said method works and doesn’t break the actual rules, it’s allowed, whether you, as a driver with a different mindset, feel it’s the totally wrong way to do something, that’s the beauty of a multiplayer.

• HaulieLove 1

@megadethsteve666, @ScaniaFan89  2 months ago I wasn't playing. Like I said, I've been away from the game from April 5th until July 1st. I even checked the logs right now and confirmed, I have chat/client/spawning from April 5th and next ones are chat/client/spawning from July 1st. And long before that, I had stopped going on the C-D road at all.

Someone else playing with my account? Unlikely, I've got the 2 step verification, both in TMP and Steam (with Steam Guard activated). They'd need not only my passwords, but also my cell-phone. And I am the only user of my PC.

Someone using a very similar name? Could be. I remember some forum game, where I got the right answer and the "prize" (there was no real prize, it was just a mention) went to another user by the alias Fernando[ESP]. Easy to mistake. Just checked the website, there are 31 pages of users with Fernando in their names... Unfortunately (for this case), it's a very common name in Spanish speaking countries.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@megadethsteve666, @ScaniaFan89  2 months ago I wasn't playing. Like I said, I've been away from the game from April 5th until July 1st. I even checked the logs right now and confirmed, I have chat/client/spawning from April 5th and next ones are chat/client/spawning from July 1st. And long before that, I had stopped going on the C-D road at all.

Someone else playing with my account? Unlikely, I've got the 2 step verification, both in TMP and Steam (with Steam Guard activated). They'd need not only my passwords, but also my cell-phone. And I am the only user of my PC.

Someone using a very similar name? Could be. I remember some forum game, where I got the right answer and the "prize" (there was no real prize, it was just a mention) went to another user by the alias Fernando[ESP]. Easy to mistake. Just checked the website, there are 31 pages of users with Fernando in their names... Unfortunately (for this case), it's a very common name in Spanish speaking countries.

Well I can assure you it was FernandoCR[ESP] that I saw doing 37MPH down C-D a few months ago, so again, unless someone literally copied your name ingame, I don’t know what to tell you, I mean, I could see if I still have the logs from then, but my memory is pretty good..

Anyway, on the subject of the “road to simulation”, yes a simulation attitude is good in respects, but TMP Needs to allow all player types, not just 1 or 2, same as banning triple trailers, I’ve driven behind and with people who have run triples, not seen anyone’s game crash, not had any issues, yet they’re not allowed anymore, even though they weren’t much bigger than a HCT in terms of length. 

Now that the latest version of ATS is once again supported, I don’t play ETS2 for fun anymore, only for convoys and events, I’m sick of the harassment from trolls, especially in areas that used to be a safe place to drive, at least with ATS you can go faster and not be trolled.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Well I can assure you it was FernandoCR[ESP] that I saw doing 37MPH down C-D a few months ago, so again, unless someone literally copied your name ingame, I don’t know what to tell you, I mean, I could see if I still have the logs from then, but my memory is pretty good..

Anyway, on the subject of the “road to simulation”, yes a simulation attitude is good in respects, but TMP Needs to allow all player types, not just 1 or 2, same as banning triple trailers, I’ve driven behind and with people who have run triples, not seen anyone’s game crash, not had any issues, yet they’re not allowed anymore, even though they weren’t much bigger than a HCT in terms of length. 

Now that the latest version of ATS is once again supported, I don’t play ETS2 for fun anymore, only for convoys and events, I’m sick of the harassment from trolls, especially in areas that used to be a safe place to drive, at least with ATS you can go faster and not be trolled.

it is just so much fun to watch them getting stuck with a single trailer. Before triples were banned, i never crashed nor got stuck at side walls, buildings, guardrails etc, now i drive with HCT trailers, it is easy for me to drive with it cause i got used to triples. but some people's brain doesnt function enough and think truck+trailers turn like cars... one of the reasons why most crashes happen in turns

Honestly, I didn't read through all the comments, but I suppose I am not the only one pointing out the following:

You are talking about >trolls<. Which means, players, that like to annoy people through reckless driving, blocking and damaging serious players' vehicles. Now what would this "solution" bring? Sure, some players might make good use of this. But most of the trolls are here to literally frick you up. And they can still join the Simulation servers and keep doing what they were doing so far. Those are the main problem in my opinion. Trucks without trailers, that come with 150km/h from behind and while they overtake, pull into you, you, completely wrecked, behind the guiding rails, them, driving off with almost no damage. So how would that help? 

8 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Well I can assure that I did search in my logs, from 30th November 2018 until now, and neither you or ScaniaFan89 appear in them. I used IDM Ultrafinder trial version and for testing, searched also for other names that I knew that had to be there and those names appeared in the search results, so the program is working just fine. Unless you are talking of some time before December 2018, it was definitely not me.

@Joaojpc99 Do you have problems with English? I see that you are reacting "confused" to lots of my posts, even some that have no more than 2 lines. What is it exactly that has you so confused? If you commented, maybe I could explain whatever it is that you don't understand.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Luky0805 said:

So no 150 km/h collision servers? 110 km/h IS VERY SLOW, but well, as they said to prevent not well-bread people. Though I hope that will change. At LEAST to 130 km/h.

What exactly is the issue with having to have collisions, its as if people want to drive flat out & hit other people or something.....

• True Story 1

5 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

little review:

02 Apr 2018: Global Speed Limiter (reduced speed limit to 150 max)
02 Jul 2019: Road to Simulation (reduced speed limit to 110 max)

I come from the future:

02 Oct 2020: Final Destination: Simulation (reducing speed limit to 90 max)

o_O

@Wheezy Is this the plan all along? Honestly it won't solve anything if it is because even if you remove the cars for players they will do it in trucks & force overtakes like they are now....If your going by numbers, i can tell you more than half on Sim 1 are purely there to hit people as they can't do it on the Arcade servers. 

@Hecki_Stafman Wouldn't surprise me if they suddenly turned off the arcade servers & left the most powerful server online as pure simulation. 

• Woah! 1

1 hour ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

@Wheezy Is this the plan all along? Honestly it won't solve anything if it is because even if you remove the cars for players they will do it in trucks & force overtakes like they are now....If your going by numbers, i can tell you more than half on Sim 1 are purely there to hit people as they can't do it on the Arcade servers. 

@Hecki_Stafman Wouldn't surprise me if they suddenly turned off the arcade servers & left the most powerful server online as pure simulation. 

@ScaniaFan89 maybe they will do that, but they will have the server half full or maybe even empty.... because eventually people will stop playing forced by others to drive with a very low speed.. but we will see what happens.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

On 18/7/2019 at 22:28, ScaniaFan89 said:

Así que básicamente quieres golpear a la gente por "diversión", ¡no gracias! Eso es, literalmente, lo que acabas de decir, ¡es un simulador de camión, no una maldita demostración de derby! 

Due to their "simulation", which I'm laughing at, they already had EU1, but of course, that server was dead and now the rest of the players have to pay for the broken plates of the weepers who do not want to be alone in a server.

PS: I will continue playing other games, there is much more world after the nonsense of TMP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

On 7/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, The-Beast said:

I think that's the worst thing TMP ever did ...

Why do I like to explain:

SIMULATION SPEED LIMITER: Why? everyone should be able to drive as fast as he wants / STANDARD is possible in ETS2!

ARCADE COLLISIONS INACTIVE:: Why? because others can not drive and some people are unable to manage it?

and all this with the SAVE EDITING: WHY NO TRIPLES MORE IN ETS2? Have you been completely stupid ??? !!!

Well, it will be time IFMP and / or HGVMP go live, will probably be better ...

WHOM MY OPINION HAS NOT LIKED CAN OVERFLOW / IGNORE THIS (TMP BLÖDIS TAKEN) ...

BEAUTIFUL SUMMER WISHED YOU!

TMP is batter than IFMP, This is good idea, But this is your Opinion:)

These server changes did nothing for the "simulator" part. There are still just as many reckless drivers, trolls and idiots. These changes only made people, including those who drive safetly, upset. 

What needs to be done is more stricter and clear ruleset and stricter punishments. Use the Arcade server for banned players, and have banned players banned for longer. It's such a simple solution. 

• Like 1

SHeDTix.png

30 minutes ago, Glada_Laxen said:

These server changes did nothing for the "simulator" part. There are still just as many reckless drivers, trolls and idiots. These changes only made people, including those who drive safetly, upset. 

What needs to be done is more stricter and clear ruleset and stricter punishments. Use the Arcade server for banned players, and have banned players banned for longer. It's such a simple solution. 

It seems there are many "frustated" Players,  who are angry about the "loosing" of their former Playground, that intentionally now trolling the sim servers to get "their" Servers back. Or they working on a reason to changing to IFMP/HGVMP and doing anything to get permanently banned here! Who knows, conpiracys are true...............maybe! :D:D